• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Nanatsu no Taizai 98.5

Yep, just casually sell your sacred treasure, Meliodas. Guess we'll see the next incarnation of 'Hawk'.

OPM 57
Was that a KKK member in the crowd? Good to see SoSS back. He still looks female to me.

Sket Dance 279
Dun dun dunnn, bad guy. Also, dat Bossun brotherly moment face.

Zai x 10 27
I'd be down with a manga making fun of JRPG tropes.

Mob Psycho 100 71
Oh man, this is gonna suck for Reigen :C

Usobuko

Banned
I am just drawn to Makoto Raiku's works. I love his art, humour, battle illustrations and the ability to stir emotions. It's overflowing with fervour.

Tsuki Tsuki! 34-35
ub6SbZj.png
For one traumatising moment I thought this was going to be a maidless arc, but fortunately that particular crisis was resolved by another crisis. Hoping to see her maid the hell out of Machina next chapter, or at least do something to keep her onscreen at the expense of the heroine and/or what's-her-face.

Suzuka 121-150

The girls arent screwed over in Seo-esque way :eek:

Everything is going so smoothly meaning something really bad is going to happen.

Soma 91

Tosh goes all out on this chapter.

Seifuku Aventure - Chemical Reaction Of High School Students 01-07

0v2L8Gll.jpg

Being the president of the public moral committee is hard work especially when your crush is just as dense as you are.

Pretty amusing, will keep reading.

Zweizer

Banned
Crap manga, at any rate.

MC is a fucking ass. Two constantly get into conflicts. Rude as fuck.

Holy shit, my blood pressure.

Yeah, outside of its initial premise it doesn't have much going for it. Some of the minor couples were pretty nice though. A shame it doesn't show more of them.

MSMrRound

Tenkuu Shinpan 1~38.

Always been a bit hesitant to read this one cuz of how menacing it looks.

Wow. Glad I got over that. Currently at chapter 38 and never before had a manga elicited so many cries of "what the fuck!?" from me.

upandaway

Tonari no Seki-kun ch64

Seki should quit his mascot designing job and apply for designing Earthbound enemies instead.
While we're at it, Yokoi can apply for Dragon Quest enemies.

Protag

Banned
ManGaf, i feel like its essential as a manga fan to at least own Dargon Ball 1-16 (and im trying to justify my potential purchase)

Should i go for it, and collect 1-16, how does it hold up towards say a 21-31 year old?

upandaway

Otoyomegatari 23

Aaaaahhhh man. So nice. I felt it too. Costi would have loved this chapter.

ManGaf, i feel like its essential as a manga fan to at least own Dargon Ball 1-16 (and im trying to justify my potential purchase)

Should i go for it, and collect 1-16, how does it hold up towards say a 21-31 year old?
You could just buy the first couple and see where that leads you. I don't see any problem in not owning a complete collection if you decide to stop there.

16 volumes is a lot of money in one round.

bjork

I'd say read a couple volumes at a library or something and then buy that box if you like it. iirc it's 1-16 in one box?

Magi 234-244

Damn, finally caught up after a couple months of not reading. If all the crap involving magic battles were cut, this manga would be soooo much better lol. Going to give this a reread to get a refresher on exactly what's going on.

Harkuryuu confirmed for final boss.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tsuki Tsuki! 34-35

For one traumatising moment I thought this was going to be a maidless arc, but fortunately that particular crisis was resolved by another crisis. Hoping to see her maid the hell out of Machina next chapter, or at least do something to keep her onscreen at the expense of the heroine and/or what's-her-face.

Now I know what I have to read.

i was almost converted to being an ass man

but now my choice is why not both

52264788.jpg

Suzuka 121-130

A new girl appears to be painfully dumped or friendzoned. The best thing is that Yuki was gonna accept being Yamato's girlfriend, but the guy IS SO STUPID that ran away without an answer, and somehow reached the conclussion that he was dumped. LOOOL

You have to wonder what girls see in this fuckhead (I know: he's kind, right?). At least Honoka managed to break away from this dude chains....

Suzuka 131-140

HAHAHA

The chapter when Suzuka and Yamato decides to go out again, has to be one of the most awfully done in a romantic manga or every literary/film work. Both protagonists are such awful characters. And the way she slaps him out of the blue? LOOOOOOOOOOL

And now the guy is thinking about going universities and he didn't even realize that his grades were so bad that he might not even graduate? HAHAHAHA

Suzuka 141-150

Man...the friend is a total creep, and I though he was somewhat...considerate...

Man the build up to the sex was so....weird? arkward?. They are really and awful couple.

----

Very low rage, just...quite idiotic and not even interesting in the slightest. Although is qiute a trainwreck so at least I get some laughs too. Well is almost over...

Akame ga Kill Vol. 1.5 Extra Chapter 1

If anyone read my previous post about this chapter, ignore it. I was tricked. Anyway, a nice chapter about Sheele that makes her inevitable death all the more sadder.

Zweizer

Banned
Boys on the Run ch1-94 by Kengo Hanazawa

Why does one run? For survival? How does one know whether one has to run or not? Is running always the best answer?
When does one stop running?

Boys on the run is a gripping and powerful manga that tells the story of a pathetic man in his late twenties trying to stand up for once, to change himself, to know happiness, to know love, to fight, to live, to stop running. With living and breathing characters that are balls of emotions, who can be petty yet kind, who can be pitiful yet admirable, who are relatable, who act like humans, who feel human. With none of the glamour generally attached to fighting series (although at its core fighting isn't really the focus), most scenes are emotional, hard to watch and painfully realistic. With slow yet substantial character development. With a gratuitous amount of schadenfreude.

Boys on the run is painful yet powerful read, with real emotions and character growth, and the rather realistic depiction makes it all the more relatable to you, the reader, and who knows, it might even motivate you to become a better person.

If you can stop running.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Why does one run? For survival? How does one know whether one has to run or not? Is running always the best answer?

Boys on the run is a gripping and powerful manga that tells the story of a pathetic man in his late twenties trying to stand up for once, to change himself, to know happiness, to know love, to fight, to live, to stop running. With living and breathing characters that are balls of emotions, who can be petty yet kind, who can be pitiful yet admirable, who are relatable, who act like humans, who feel human. With none of the glamour generally attached to fighting series (although at its core fighting isn't really the focus), most scenes are emotional, hard to watch and painfully realistic. With slow yet substantial character development. With a gratuitous amount of schadenfreude.

Boys on the run is painful yet powerful read, with real emotions and character growth, and the rather realistic depiction makes it all the more relatable to you, the reader, and who knows, it might even motivate you to become a better person.

If you can stop running.

Honestly, fuck this manga. Its a waste of my time. I'm not trashing your opinion on it, however, I try to erase this manga from my memory cause of how much I hate it. For the people who read my posts on my impressions of it, Chihahura is a bitch and the protag is an even bigger bitch. It shows how without taking initiative or being assertive, nothing is gonna happen. Things are handed to you on a sliver spoon and you need to fight for it but the author makes it his ultimatum to infuriate every reader to comes across this manga.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

If you can stop running.

I need to read this.
Thing i like about Kengo Hanazawa character is the protagonist feel very human,

Zweizer

Banned
Honestly, fuck this manga. Its a waste of my time. I'm not trashing your opinion on it, however, I try to erase this manga from my memory cause of how much I hate it. For the people who read my posts on my impressions of it, Chihahura is a bitch and the protag is an even bigger bitch. It shows how without taking initiative or being assertive, nothing is gonna happen. Things are handed to you on a sliver spoon and you need to fight for it but the author makes it his ultimatum to infuriate every reader to comes across this manga.

Yeah it's a very painful read, with moments that really piss you off because of how unfair things get, yet it's what makes it realistic. It's what sets it apart from most of other manga of this genre though. I dunno. I liked it because of how powerfully emotional it is.

Yeah, it full of meh

Usobuko

Banned
I was expecting some Chiharu mention from Zweizer. It was more painful to read when the scans was ongoing at a slow pace, I remember a sizeable dump of chapters all the way until the train scene with Chiharu and then it took a break. Unsurprisingly, this gets a lot of discussion on her character in many forums. It loses some mystery/speculation elements about her after their next encounter because it shed more of her character which could very well be more ambiguous in the first place.

While I agree Tanishi is an infuriating lead to follow, I don't think making the readers hate the story is a bad thing. If you want obvious signs of foreshadowing, then there was a chapter cover which had Chiharu pulling up her panties after she's done with her business in the toilet cubicle. It was an unglamorous moment first shown to the readers which contrast with her 'innocence' back then.

If you like Boys on the Run, I am a Hero is a better manga from Kengo Hanazawa.

kasane

wait yams is in medschool

gl dude.

im almost going

since i saved up quite a bit.

anyways im in a mood for smut. Its hard to find one when i almost read every good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom