• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady Supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
Its a good argument there too!

I have to drive now. So I will let others continue this "debate".

If anyone is serious of having a discussion about why Brady is a fraud feel free to come to the NFL thread.

Can't wait to join in the NFL thread and be called a retard. Your posts make it sound appealing.

Trey

Tom Brady is the greatest football player of all time and anyone who disagrees is a stupid idiot who has probably never watched a game in their life.

Is this a trick question? Only Pats fans think Tom Brady is the greatest of all time, but you made the definition of a Pats fan mutually exclusive to the aforementioned clause.

Is this a trick question? Only Pats fans think Tom Brady is the greatest of all time, but you made the definition of a Pats fan mutually exclusive to the aforementioned clause.

I didn't ask a question. I was just stating that Tom Brady is, indisputably, the greatest athlete to ever play any sport in the history of mankind.

BigAT

After spygate they went 16-0. They seem to play great when the media shits on them.

They ended the season 16-0? I seem to remember games being played after that.

AAJH132.jpg

newyorkgiants-win-superbowl-xlii.jpg

Superbowl42_Final.jpg

Spinluck

He's the greatest person of all time. He is literally a saint.

He put his bare ass on a chick back in college and is at times — a sore loser. Tom walked off on a pregnant chick and one of his security guards might have killed a dude. They both bitch on the field, Tom even more so.

So I am pretty sure your post was referring to Luck.

It's true. Patron Saint of Whiny Douchebags and Child Molesters (probably)

Though I head they might split that second part off and give it to Pedoroia.

You disgust me, I guess some people will say whatever they can to try and bring down heroes.

He put his bare ass on a chick back in college and is at times — a sore loser. Tom walked off on a pregnant chick and one of his security guards might have killed a dude. They both bitch on the field, Tom even more so.

So I am pretty sure your post was referring to Luck.

Make up all the lies you want if that's what makes you happy.

BigAT

Tom Terrific did in my team and I ain't mad. What's wrong with the rest of you?

No anger here friend, I love the guy. Him not showing up in consecutive Super Bowls was fantastic for the Giants. If I had my way, I'd give him a trophy. Not a Super Bowl trophy mind you, but he certainly deserves some sort of recognition for laying down when it matters.

Trey

Arguably, those 18 other games mattered in some way as well, or do you consider the 1-8 Jets to be just as successful as the 8-1 Arizona Cardinals because "none of those games matter" ?

The only win that matters is the Superbowl. Unless you cheat your way to three of them like the Patriots with their cameras, Kraft checks and sacrifices of young virgins to fuel Vinateiri's leg.

What's the number?

Goddammit you literalists!

Not many. I can't think of many QBs who have been successful in multiple systems, with different styles of offense, in the last 15 years. Michael Vick, Brian Hoyer, and maybe Alex Smith. In another age, Vinny Testeverde would be one. As is, there are only a few starting QBs who have ever started somewhere else... Orton, Hoyer, Vick, Brees, Cutler, Sanchez, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick, maybe one or two who spot started a game here and there in some city. Only two of those QBs can really be considered successful in the last couple years (Brees, Smith). Orton and Hoyer are passable. Many more guys go to another team/system and absolutely suck or continue to suck.

Boston

I'll say it again. Anyone who brings up Spygate as a way to discredit the Patriots, is either a butthurt fanboy, or ignorant as to what was going on in the league at the time. It truly makes you look like an idiot.

Trey

I'll say it again. Anyone who brings up Spygate as a way to discredit the Patriots, is either a butthurt fanboy, or ignorant as to what was going on in the league at the time. It truly makes you look like an idiot.

Okay, Boston. Whatever you say.

Anyone who can't take the idea that people don't consider the Patriot's Super Bowls and all those wins as legitimate is either a butthurt fanboy or ignorant as to what is going on in the league. It truly makes you look like an idiot.

Easiest way to make yourself look ignorant is to decry people as "butthurt" or "ignorant" just because.

Boston

Anyone who can't take the idea that people don't consider the Patriot's Super Bowls and all those wins as legitimate is either a butthurt fanboy or ignorant as to what is going on in the league. It truly makes you look like an idiot.

Easiest way to make yourself look ignorant is to decry people as "butthurt" or "ignorant" just because.

If you legitimately think the patriots were the only team "spying" back then, than yes you are either ignorant as to what was going on in the league at the time, or just want to hate on the patriots because they smoked your favorite team. Every team was doing it. Its common knowledge. Haters will also discredit going 18-1 because we didn't win the Superbowl, even though it was a really tight game that could have gone either way.

MLCodest

It's true. Patron Saint of Whiny Douchebags and Child Molesters (probably)

Though I head they might split that second part off and give it to Pedoroia.

Is this necessary? This thread is really ugly though so I'm not surprised it's brought out the worst in some people.

If you legitimately think the patriots were the only team "spying" back then, than yes you are either ignorant as to what was going on in the league at the time, or just want to hate on the patriots because they smoked your favorite team. Every team was doing it. Its common knowledge. Haters will also discredit going 18-1 because we didn't win the Superbowl, even though it was a really tight game that could have gone either way.

Calling people butthurt and then saying "lol everyone did it your a dummy if you dont see it" isn't helping, especially without actual proof.

BigAT

Show me another instance of a team videotaping their opponents' practices and walkthroughs before the Super Bowl.

Boston

Calling people butthurt and then saying "lol everyone did it your a dummy if you dont see it" isn't helping, especially without actual proof.

Just a two second search first article I clicked.

Cowher, who now works as an analyst for CBS, admitted that the Steelers also tried to steal signals under his watch.

In Cowher's words: It's something "everyone" tries to do.

"The only thing (the Patriots) got caught (was) doing it with a camera," Cowher said. "We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone's signals was a part of the game, and everyone attempted to do that."

"We didn't lose the game because of any Spygate, because of them having any additional things," Cowher said. "If they're guilty of anything, they're guilty of arrogance because they were told not to do something. But it was something that everybody does."

Milchjon

So many Juniors in here that think actual reasonable arguments are useful here.

Fight trolls with trolling. It's the sensible thing to do. This whole thread is built on that premise.

Big-E

Tom Brady is a system QB, do people really consider him to be an all time great? I mean, other than Patriots fans, obviously.

Tom Brady is an alltime great based on 2007 alone. I swear the destruction given to the league that year left enough salt to keep McDonald's running forever. Before 2007 people clowned him saying that he was a game manager and the like. He then proceeded to shit on every single person in the league and would have been perfect if not for 2 fluke plays that were not under his control.

bionic77

Tom Brady is an alltime great based on 2007 alone. I swear the destruction given to the league that year left enough salt to keep McDonald's running forever. Before 2007 people clowned him saying that he was a game manager and the like. He then proceeded to shit on every single person in the league and would have been perfect if not for 2 fluke plays that were not under his control.
Was that not one of the best offenses ever?

Couldn't he have maybe scored like 20 points and put the game out of reach for the goober?

Sometimes the coaches can't score all the points. There is a guy on the offense who sometimes has to do it but I forget what position that is.

eznark

Banned

Couldn't he have maybe scored like 20 points and put the game out of reach for the goober?

Sometimes the coaches can't score all the points. There is a guy on the offense who sometimes has to do it but I forget what position that is.

Cameraman

cdyhybrid

Pretty sure there was only 1 fanbase salty after the way the 2007 season ended.

Tom Penny

Everyone can't win a SB when their QB has a 22.6 passer rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom