• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GfK - One year after launch PS4 leads Xbone 4.4:1 in Germany

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just for the mind: even if Wii U didn't sell at all since the last time we got an update from Germany, it would still be higher than Xbox One by 70,000 units (it was at 340,000 the last time we got an update on the matter).

flashmouth

Neo Member
That are some crazy numbers, but also good for consumers, because every day there's another even crazier offer for XBO. White console Sunset Overdrive bundle is already down to 299€, very tempting.

kabel

In Spain is 100% worse for Xbox One. There was a topic but i can't find it right now. Italy is another Sony land anyway but we don't any official data from MS so...

Latest Spain numbers were: PS4 360k / XBO 51k .....I think it was mid october.

Just for the mind: even if Wii U didn't sell at all since the last time we got an update from Germany, it would still be higher than Xbox One by 70,000 units (it was at 340,000 the last time we got an update on the matter).
was this before mario kart? in this case it might be a lot higher now.

Xando

I guess their marketing really pays off. PS4 ads are everywhere.

Looks like Germany will replace japan for sony.

DieH@rd

Banned
Did I fuck up something again? :) I first encountered this link here, but I haven't read entire article completely.
https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...s-thread-next-gen.55219/page-241#post-1813769

I will modify OP, but It is safe to assume that PS4 is destroying Xbone in entire Europe [except UK]. We had threads here already from data from Portugal, Spain, Italy...

So, 16.1 mil. Is PS4 the fastest selling console to date? Shawn Layden said that.
Up to November yes. But there is no way that PS4 will reach 20 mil by Dec31, which is the sale number of Wii console after 1st full year on market.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It will get worse down the line MS, will probably see 199-249 € bundles next fall here in Germany if they wanna compete.

That are some crazy numbers, but also good for consumers, because every day there's another even crazier offer for XBO. White console Sunset Overdrive bundle is already down to 299€, very tempting.

depends. if the consumer wants to buy an xbox it is fine, as they lower the price like crazy. for ps4 - not so much. they follow their plan and do not care too much about xbox in europe minus UK.

kabel

It will get worse down the line MS, will probably see 199-249 € bundles next fall here in Germany if they wanna compete.

Wow!

Now that would feel like it's the end of the generation...

Will be 299€ with 2 games or so, not lower.

what is the ps3:360 ratio? in germany

only found this:

http://de.statista.com/statistik/da...ielekonsolen-in-deutschland-nach-plattformen/

PS3 in its first year: 318k
and PS4: 1.2 mio.

wow!

Loudninja

No numbers but
Further to the reception it has received from Australian gamers since its release, PS4 has been a significant driver in category growth since its release. According to Luis Gil, The NPD Group Australia, "the Console Hardware category in Australia has more than doubled in value since release of 8th Generation Hardware in 2013. PS4 accounted for a substantial 44% of the total category value since its launch***".
http://au.playstation.com/home/news...me-video-games-console-in-Australian-history/

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
not really surprising, the 360 did terrible in Germany as well.

Around November 2013:

Wii: 4.6M (42%)
PS3: 3.9M (36%)
Xbox 360: 2.4M (22%)

Microsoft aimed to improve their market share percentage to 40% for this generation of consoles.

Xando

So Sony sold 200k since october 21st and MS sold 100k since early august.

Thats pretty worrying for MS.

I have to think that the price slashing in the US and UK probably turned even more people off the system outside those countries not getting all those sweet deals.
You gotta wonder how many of the consoles sold in the states during the holidays went overseas seeing how with the discount and deals its a better option even with shipping.

Not very surprising if you look at the PAL software charts. UK is the only market over there with any significant Xbone software sales.

This is why ms finally Winning a month in the US after heavy discounts doesn't mean much. People were saying Sony was in trouble in the npd thread lol.

Top Bottom