• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mau ®;143719480 said:
It's not even my birthday
But I wanna lick the icing off
I know you want it in the worst way
Can't way to blow mah candles out
He want dat CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE

k-bigpic.gif

It actually is my bday *.*
hpd!!! i hope you get a cake thats shaped like diplos dick

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
artistic rape and terrorism
really madge
really

rhandino

Banned
Maybe this is all part of her plan so she could drop all those vile demos in the trash and then go back to the studio and release Confessions 2.0 right? right???

978869mccryingidol2.gif

tmarques

Maybe this is all part of her plan so she could drop all those vile demos in the trash and then go back to the studio and release Confessions 2.0 right? right???

I'll say one thing, though - I like her singing in it, it's the best she's sounded in a long time. The verses in Addicted and Borrowed Time, for instance, sound pretty good before the awful choruses kick in. I see potential in a few of these tracks, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

(Bitch I'm Madonna, though...)

And someone tell the woman that whining on Instagram is only going to get more people to look for the leaked tracks. Not to mention the inevitable backlash she's going to face for using rape and terrorism to cry about her megastar problems.

Edit: This album is weird. It's like she wanted to do American Life pt. 2 but felt she needed to tack on the dance stuff that ultimately only makes her look desperate.

And Joan of Arc is lovely.

Vitanimus

Muscle connects to the bone
And bone to the ire and the marrow
I wish I had a gentle mind
And a spine made up of iron

Mouth connects to the teeth
And teeth to the loves and curses
Honey can you reach the spot
That need oilin' and fixin'?

H-E-L-P
Help me, help me
H-E-L-P
Help me, help me

ibh7AhkYzZ54fQ.gif

god marrow is amazing

Phreaker

I hear a lot of "that is a demo" and then the shit that comes out sound almost, if not exactly, the same. I haven't listened to anything other than the first two tracks that were leaked a week or two ago and neither impressed me. I hope for the best for her album, but I am no longer perched tbh. Bring on Adele, Kelly Clarkson and R8 though. I am still perched for those.

Bladenic

Mau ®;143741776 said:
King Harris is now the official face for Emporio Armani.

The way he's transformed himself. He's breaking barriers for other DJ's. If only his current music was as hot as he is.

He looks INCREDIBLE

his body lord

god i want him to rape me so hard

Vazduh

Just discovered LIZ thanks to that GAF thread

Her EP slays so hard. Keeping my eyes on her.

She's with Diplo's label Mad Decent so you know whatever she releases next will be at least solid. Loved the EP, too.

I hear a lot of "that is a demo" and then the shit that comes out sound almost, if not exactly, the same.

I also thought that about Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me. They didn't sound that unfinished to me, even though Madonna's vocals are a bit rough. Either way, it seems that most of the leaked tracks won't end up on the album, which is actually a good thing.

Also, I find it weird she hired Avicii because she's Madonna and she could hire literally anybody. Nobody would refuse her. Why go for him instead of some unknown but good producers? I mean, it's not that hard to do some research and find out what's really fresh. Up-and-coming producers are usually much cheaper than the popular ones, so it's more reasonable to record a ton of demos with them, and then just cherry-pick the best songs.

edit: to clarify what I meant, I was actually referring to Madonna setting new trends in pop music, which she did with Ray of Light and Music. I wish she found a new Orbit or Mirwais.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
god i want him to rape me so hard

honestly the members of this community and their sexual desires has taken a sharp turn for the vile recently
Y'all need Jesus

B-Dex

She's with Diplo's label Mad Decent so you know whatever she releases next will be at least solid. Loved the EP, too.

I also thought that about Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me. They didn't sound that unfinished to me, even though Madonna's vocals are a bit rough. Either way, it seems that most of the leaked tracks won't end up on the album, which is actually a good thing.

Also, I find it weird she hired Avicii because she's Madonna and she could hire literally anybody. Nobody would refuse her. Why go for him instead of some unknown but good producers? I mean, it's not that hard to do some research and find out what's really fresh. Up-and-coming producers are usually much cheaper than the popular ones, so it's more reasonable to record a ton of demos with them, and then just cherry-pick the best songs.

edit: to clarify what I meant, I was actually referring to Madonna setting new trends in pop music, which she did with Ray of Light and Music. I wish she found a new Orbit or Mirwais.

Avicii's latest EP shits though.

overcast

Muscle connects to the bone
And bone to the ire and the marrow
I wish I had a gentle mind
And a spine made up of iron

Mouth connects to the teeth
And teeth to the loves and curses
Honey can you reach the spot
That need oilin' and fixin'?

H-E-L-P
Help me, help me
H-E-L-P
Help me, help me

ibh7AhkYzZ54fQ.gif

god marrow is amazing
Tell em.

Guess I should listen to that Tinashe album.

Matt_

If you consider Calvin Harris "vile" then I think you're the one who needs a higher power's help.

it was directed at the rape remark
Calvin is the finest man in music rn

Mau ®

I was boxing earlier today and they played The Lord's 1989 singles "Shake it Off" and "Blank Space".

The only pop star they played before was Rihanna. It's clear The Lord is now crossing over to the straights. It's over for your faves.

Bladenic

Mau ®;143772916 said:
I was boxing earlier today and they played The Lord's 1989 singles "Shake it Off" and "Blank Space".

The only pop star they played before was Rihanna. It's clear The Lord is now crossing over to the straights. It's over for your faves.

Anecdotal but I've always known a good amount of straights who used Taylor

Aka it's been over for years

Matt_

I have to disagree with you on that one tbh
20131008-riff-raff-x306-1381247774.jpg

Riff Raff is the ULTIMATE hottie. I am so jealous of Mother Perrysa getting to be near him at that flop awards show.

honestly the members of this community and their sexual desires has taken a sharp turn for the vile recently
Y'all need Jesus

Captcha

I have to disagree with you on that one tbh
20131008-riff-raff-x306-1381247774.jpg

Riff Raff is the ULTIMATE hottie. I am so jealous of Mother Perrysa getting to be near him at that flop awards show.

I'd fuck him too if we're being honest. He probably smells like stale weed and BO, but whatever. Calvin> though, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom