• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC |OT| It's been a long time...

Wanted to double dip on this, but it apparently requires 2.0 GB of dedicated video ram?

I've heard conflicting things on this. Some people are saying it doesn't really need it.

I ran my PC on the System Requirements Lab, and that's the only thing I'm missing for recommended.

Should I still bite?

My HD6850 1GB is running this quite well (High on most settings and a couple on medium) at very good framerate.

As long as is a Direct X11 card you should be fine.

fiddled like a fiddle ^
Wanted to double dip on this, but it apparently requires 2.0 GB of dedicated video ram?

I've heard conflicting things on this. Some people are saying it doesn't really need it.

I ran my PC on the System Requirements Lab, and that's the only thing I'm missing for recommended.

Should I still bite?

Theres pretty much universal agreement that they overestimated the minimum requirement. I personally have a 1GB card and it works fine (at low res/settings)

Whats your setup?

tesqui

all the sound seems abnormally close. anyone else know what i mean? Like I hear a truck that's half the map away from me and it sounds like it's right around the corner.

Chariot

Should I still bite?
M PC barely makes the minimum and yet I played with everything on high with not a single fps lost.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So does this mean MGS V is coming too?

Uh... yeah?

That was announced along with the Ground Zeroes port to Steam a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago. A very loonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago.

Any confirms that a 630 GT card will run this? would love to play this tonight

my computer meets/exceeds all other recommended settings so it'd be a bummer!
I have the same graphics card. No slowdown/lag whatsoever on low-medium settings. No FPS dips that I've noticed. GZ's optimized well. The game looks great even on the lowest settings.

Uh... yeah?

That was announced along with the Ground Zeroes port to Steam a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago. A very loonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago.
Wasn't that announced months ago? The big question is it coming day and date as the console versions.

iqnrc3yrvmei5gtugx.gif

TheSeks

I can not play with the trigger/bumpers non-flipped to match the PS3 version controls. Konami plz. Plz, Konami. I don't want to have to break down and hunt for a wired 360 controller because you can't do a basic thing for PC porting. D:

Are there a lot of cut scenes in this or is it mostly gameplay?

I'd say it's probably a bit more in favour of gameplay, but the longer cutscenes take place at the start and end, so they're also far less intrusive than in, say, 2 or 4.

Of course the side ops are 99% gameplay (apart from the brief cutscenes at the start and end).

deeptech

I can not play with the trigger/bumpers non-flipped to match the PS3 version controls. Konami plz. Plz, Konami. I don't want to have to break down and hunt for a wired 360 controller because you can't do a basic thing for PC porting. D:

Ugh , this thing... Also L3 to sprint, it's a nightmare. KB controls are pretty decent though with a few tweaks

I miss the soliton radar. I keep getting spotted after some light blade flashes across the screen, even though I've scanned the perimeter for enemies. Mark everything in sight and hope for the best?

Well, I can't play this game comfortably. It will allow me to remap movement to the arrow keys, but I can only use 2 other buttons near the arrow keys (shift and ctrl) and nothing else. Fuck off with this shit...

Seriously, how hard is it to allow mapping of the keypad?

Miguel81

What pad are you using atm? If it's a DS4, then DS4Windows lets you switch shoulder/triggers.

Dante81 was super awesome and helped me get a key. You rock, man.

Thanks, and you're welcome!

Nzyme32

M PC barely makes the minimum and yet I played with everything on high with not a single fps lost.

I am far below the minimum spec and had it running at 30 locked at 1366x768 on a dual core 2.4ghz i5, 4gb ram, and gt525m 1gb. I can't believe it ran so well. I've yet to try pushing the graphics up

UnrealEck

This version of the game doesn't support the use of an analog trigger for the gas pedal on vehicles.

The right trigger is working for the accelerator for me. Or do you mean specifically the analogous function of the trigger to change how much you push the pedal?

abrack08

Are there a lot of cut scenes in this or is it mostly gameplay?

For the main mission, there's a cutscene at the beginning, a very short one in the middle, and an ending. So there's only one time I remember that you're "interrupted" with a cutscene. The rest are just bookends.

GeForce GTX 560 Ti
i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz
8 GB RAM

If my 560 is fine at 1600x900 I think the TI should handle 1080

Dang nothing in the performance thread. Quick, steal a friend's copy!

I'll do some benchmarks after work tonight... dang I shoulda waited to install the beta drivers and checked the before/after... I guess I could do a fresh install of windows and compare all 3 :D

TheSeks

What pad are you using atm? If it's a DS4, then DS4Windows lets you switch shoulder/triggers.

Dual-Shock 3 with the Xbox 360 Driver spoof thing that PCSX2 recommended. I generally don't have problems with the trigger being flipped/360 defaults but I've played MGS on Playstation for AGES so the muscle memory is there and I refuse to let that go. :|

thuway

The benchmarks really do show the game was optimized for nVidia cards. Come on AMD, release them drivers now...

Miguel81

Dual-Shock 3 with the Xbox 360 Driver spoof thing that PCSX2 recommended. I generally don't have problems with the trigger being flipped/360 defaults but I've played MGS on Playstation for AGES so the muscle memory is there and I refuse to let that go. :|

I used to flip the shoulder/triggers with Motioninjoy driver + BetterDS3(allows full button mapping and directinput support), Most people don't recommend it, though, because it can mess with your drivers if you don't install it properly and let MiJ run in the background. Scarlet.Crush still doesn't provide customization?

GeForce GTX 560 Ti
i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz
8 GB RAM

I have a 560 Ti. I'm running every setting on very high at 1080p and haven't had a dip below 30 FPS.

Edit: Also, my hardware is damn near identical to yours, except my processor is an i5-2550K @ 3.4ghz.

sfried

Current specs:
AMD FX 4350 Quad Core 4.20GHz
8GB G-Skill RAM
AMD XFX R7870 Core Edition (2GB?)

Cutscene with everything on very high has very smooth framerate (around anywhere around 60-48-ish), but when the game begins proper it tends to dip to below 30. I usually play at native res of 1366x768, but found myself switching to 720p to be able to keep the framerates at around 30-ish.

denx

Laptop Specs:

i7-4700MQ 2.40 ghz
Geforce GT 740M 2GB VRAM
8GB RAM

Running the game at 1366x768. Lightning, textures and texture filtering set at high, shadows and model quality at medium, effects and screen filtering at low. I'm averaging around 40 fps, with framerate going up in some places but tanking when I zoom in with the binoculars.

All things considered this is a very good port. Been playing with K+M and it's decent so far, going to try it now with a 360 controller.

Finished: 92 minutes more or less.

Gameplay is quite awesome after the shitty PW and really left me with hunger for more...also it runs quite well on my PC unlike others (Evil Within....)

thuway

I'm close to biting, but I had a question for you GAF. Do you think AMD will release drivers to help improve performance? The equivalent nVidia card to my 280X (GTX 770) is a pretty good 15% better in performance.

I've been kicking myself in almost every scenario for gong team Red.

Luigiv

33% off right out the gate? That's crazy. I did tell myself I was going to wait until this dropped to $10 before picking it up but 13.75, seems close enough to that milestone that I may jump. Hmm decisions.

I'm close to biting, but I had a question for you GAF. Do you think AMD will release drivers to help improve performance? The equivalent nVidia card to my 280X (GTX 770) is a pretty good 15% better in performance.

I've been kicking myself in almost every scenario for gong team Red.

Well It could easily happen that the next AMD drivers improve performance, seeing that the difference is that big and that is already quite a seller.

But personally the performance is great on my end on a 6850 (most high and medium), so I can't see your 280X being that bad.

So any words on how "easy" it is to mod things?
Especially button prompts(so we can use the DS3/4 finely) and other things, like higher quality textures or the ability to have custom music on the helicopter like on the PS3/360 and X1.

Vally

My laptop specs:

i5-2340M @ 2.40GHz
GeForce GT 540M
6GB RAM
1280x720

I can't believe how well this runs, even with the shadows at High and everything else at Extra High the game is still playable.

Top Bottom