• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Terrarium in Drawer
One of the best short stories collection i've ever read. Each stories have different style. Sometime fantasy, sometime sci-fi, all the time entertaining. It's bizarrely charming and fun to read.

Takeo-chan Bukkairoku 01

4gfOdiI.jpg

Takeo-chan is super duper unlucky. She now lives in an apartment that is filled with youkai. How would her life change now?

I like it. You think the main character would be gloomy over being unlucky, but she takes things in stride and her interactions with the youkai were pretty fun. Looking forward to see how she does change after meeting them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm actually kinda back into the fray into rawlands now
The site I frequent has been hit with loads of cease and desists /swt
Maybe its time I find a new, lesser known site

It's My Life, by Narita Imomushi
ignlkd.jpg

About a loli magician who mistakes a captain obsessed with his home (lit castle, but that doesn't look like one) to be an evil god
Also shenanigans with lizardmen and a dragon
And very nice colour pages

time to check the book store tomorrow for this or amazon.

Zweizer

Banned
It's My Life, by Narita Imomushi
ignlkd.jpg

About a loli magician who mistakes a captain obsessed with his home (lit castle, but that doesn't look like one) to be an evil god
Also shenanigans with lizardmen and a dragon
And very nice colour pages

The art looks pretty nice, though the premise is ehh.

Gangsta Vol.01

Two handyman take care of things.

Nick is a hoot. My favorite character here. His interactions are great and it's pretty damn cool how much expression you get from a character that barely speaks.

Other than that, fun series. Nice action, I liked the big fight they had in this volume and the multiple perspectives of it. Looking forward to getting more volumes and then the upcoming anime this year, woo.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Well technically he only got his arm cut off and CCG didn't really find his body. The same with Seido who got part of his shoulder and arm eaten off.

I really hope there's a bit romance between Haise and Touka.
Yeah some suffering is gonna happen.

I thought he was on life support though... I remember Ando being the guy who fought against Kaneki the most and was Mado's right hand man. Seido was the one of the guys who wore the armor right and was Suzuya's superior? Mini edit, just looked it up, he is dead, no way someone will survive that. I need to re-read Tokyo Ghoul so I can remember all of this...

Lain

Gangsta Vol.01

Two handyman take care of things.

Nick is a hoot. My favorite character here. His interactions are great and it's pretty damn cool how much expression you get from a character that barely speaks.

Other than that, fun series. Nice action, I liked the big fight they had in this volume and the multiple perspectives of it. Looking forward to getting more volumes and then the upcoming anime this year, woo.

What did you think of Alex (I loved her)? Nick is cool, though I think the whole cast is pretty nice.

What did you think of Alex (I loved her)? Nick is cool, though I think the whole cast is pretty nice.

Alex is a good reader surrogate (someone who has no knowledge of what's going on in this world) and I think she's pretty great for one.

The whole cast in general is pretty great.

Zweizer

Banned
7 Seeds v12-15

As if we needed any more confirmation for how much of a screwjob the whole elite survivors training regime was. Kind of interesting how Ango evolved from protagonist to antagonist. Here's hoping there won't be (too many) casualties.

To Love Ru Darkness

Yui proving once again she's the best girl

my only dilemna is now choosing best girl #2. Momo was a clear front-runner, but nemesis stock is moving on up fast

Zweizer

Banned
Got any mature romance for me Zweizer, my supplies are running low...

I get the feeling that you've already read all the recs I could give (/ω\ )

• Akai Mi Hajiketa: collection of romance short stories with great art, brought to you by the folks from here.
  • Stretch: totally a yuri romance manga.
  • Uwagaki: MC must seduce the clone of his crush. If he succeeds, the clone's memories will overtake the original's.
  • The Music of Marie: in a surreal world governed by a flying robot named Marie...
  • Genshiken: lots of meta humor and otaku culture, but romance does play a part in it, especially in the second season.
  • Prunus Girl: what is her gender? Does it matter?
  • Kanojo wa Sore o Gaman Dekinai: dogsuit smut.
  • Banana Bread Pudding: a rather quirky shoujo with a zany female lead.
  • Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san: not exactly mature, but adorably cute.

Mature as in deep and emotional, or just 18+?

whynotboth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom