• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nisekoi Vol.07

MdC6OIe.jpg

Paula? Awesome.
Stealth Tsugumi chapter? Awesome.
Marika chapters? Awesome.
Ruri chapter? Awesome.
Chitoge's mom? Even more awesome.

This volume was awesome the whole way.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Why it seems like there's so many mangas chickening out when depicting who gets together with who in the end? Make firm decisions damn it, and CONCLUDE stuff that you include in your mangas, especially romantic relationships!

Hate seeing stuff like Beelzebub and the like. Need more protagonist pull off a Kenshin and make babies with their romantic partners!

Why it seems like there's so many mangas chickening out when depicting who gets together with who in the end? Make firm decisions damn it, and CONCLUDE stuff that you include in your mangas, especially romantic relationships!

Hate seeing stuff like Beelzebub and the like. Need more protagonist pull off a Kenshin and make babies with their romantic partners!

If its going to include a noncanon pairing then they might as well keep doing what they are doing. One of Kishimotos assistants probably swapped the boards and script for the chapter while Kishimoto wasnt looking and before he realized what was happening it was already sent for publishing.

Considering how extensive that Beelzebub backstory was and the care and concern for one another, if he had truly gone noncanon, then it would have not been an atrocious conclusion instead of an awesome one.

wonzo

Banned

Whereas Genkaku Picasso showed the best of humanity in spite of all the walls we build up in ourselves I feel Furuya embraced the wall in his earlier work The Music of Marie; an incredible fantastical work, as some of kind of defence against the ills of humanity only to fall on it's face thanks to an incredibly emphasised hamfisted and misanthropic fable near the end.

I still feel this is a masterpiece that should absolutely be read thanks to the sheer technical talent as an artist on display here, the really obvious "plot" twist aside. Nevertheless I still really can't agree at all with the philosophical message it espouses, that humanity without the concept of a higher power as a moral compass will lead to total ruin and depravity.

survivor

Banned
Whereas Genkaku Picasso showed the best of humanity in spite of all the walls we build up in ourselves I feel Furuya embraced the wall in his earlier work The Music of Marie; an incredible fantastical work, as some of kind of defence against the ills of humanity only to fall on it's face thanks to an incredibly emphasised hamfisted and misanthropic fable near the end.

I still feel this is a masterpiece that should absolutely be read thanks to the sheer technical talent as an artist on display here, the really obvious "plot" twist aside. Nevertheless I still really can't agree at all with the philosophical message it espouses, that humanity without the concept of a higher power as a moral compass will lead to total ruin and depravity.
that art

furuya's best work

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If its going to include a noncanon pairing then they might as well keep doing what they are doing. One of Kishimotos assistants probably swapped the boards and script for the chapter while Kishimoto wasnt looking and before he realized what was happening it was already sent for publishing.

Considering how extensive that Beelzebub backstory was and the care and concern for one another, if he had truly gone noncanon, then it would have not been an atrocious conclusion instead of an awesome one.

I am not clicking your link since I am at work and I am 100% positive it'd include some form of guys kissing one another, guys that the manga themselves do not depict in any way, shape, or form as persons with gay preferences.

360pages

Outside Harems I rather have a series focus on one romance and develop it rather than pulling the strings with a bunch of other characters.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Outside Harems I rather have a series focus on one romance and develop it rather than pulling the strings with a bunch of other characters.

I don't mind pulling strings with a bunch of characters, I just want a conclusive end.

Like Naruto and Kenshin.

Hate stuff like Beelzebub where they only *nudge nudge wink wink* but never really say conclusively A is with B! or shit like that.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Harems are shit. I derive zero enjoyment from reading about them. Love triangles are less shitty, but still shit. I'd rather have a simple/definitive endgame for pairings, although it does burn when it's not the one I'm rooting for.

I am not clicking your link since I am at work and I am 100% positive it'd include some form of guys kissing one another, guys that the manga themselves do not depict in any way, shape, or form as persons with gay preferences.
You're on the mark.
It's Furuichi and Oga, who is using Alaindelon as a teleporter, even.

Lain

Kingdom volume 4
NElb.jpg

Got the other 3 volumes, but since I wanted to see how the events of volume 3 unfolded, I went with reading volume 4 first.
Well, what to say? It had many badass moments. I'm not a lover of the artstyle of Kingdom in general, but the faces are pretty good at expressiveness and expressions in general. That little guy whose name escapes me at the moment makes some damn cute faces. The weird getup he wears helps a lot too.

Xin is a damn moron but he says some great things at times.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You're on the mark.

Stuff like this makes me wonder whether he's trying to post real opinions of his or that he's just trolling trying to be funny (while failing miserably at it.)

Well... I don't actually wonder most of the times, actually.

Busaiku

Will You Be My Cute Crossdresser?

I can kind of understand the 18+ for this one.
Though there was technically no explicit nudity, there were actual kinda sex scenes.
The last chapter was even super upfront about stuff, not explaining it away as frosting like in the first chapter.

It's a shame that the Project Hentai doesn't license the actual hentai based on these works. But then again, those are technically doujins (by the same artist), so it might be harder to work with (or maybe not).

wonzo

Banned
Copernicus no Kokyuu

There's few things more tragic than a clown, turns out being a former trapeze artist dealing with the death of his brother and layers of sexual abuse in a skeevy circus is one of them.

Usobuko

Banned
There is something intriguing when you have characters, men of few words, that always give off this subtle sorrowful vibe. Their demeanour are the first to capture the audience's attention before we get any informations about them. Most of the times, they weren't always drawn to face the audience directly, instead they were looking slightly below.

He reminds me of Johan sometimes, similar flavours but not quite cut from the same cloth.

I thought it's better off without the epilogue. I don't find the themes / messages to be heavily handled even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

If I were to pick, I would also choose Genkaku Picasso.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Midnight Secretary

Perhaps one of the most josei manga I've ever read and i absolutely loved it. I wish it was longer but the ending didn't fell bad; it just seemed there was more story there to explorer. At the beginning, i feared this manga would fall into the domestic violence some josei call 'love' but the main female character was imbued with enough competence and self awareness that it didn't devolve into anything repugnant. The male mc though a little one-note at time went through enough change over the course of the series that i grew to like him. I said i liked this but i really really enjoyed... so much so that i got bombed out it was about to end and stopped reading seven chapters from the end last April and made it one of my emergency go to manga should i hit a dry spell.

Nordicus

Centaur's Worries 14

Moe.
The world building is actually kinda interesting in this series, lol
Quetzalcoatl is great, she's such a nice foreign student character. There are some little things she simply doesn't get because the cultures are so different, but the manga doesn't make a huge deal about it.

dani_dc

Fuuka 46

At least the band is finally back together! Time to move the story forward.

You're on the mark.
At least have Furuichi coming out of Alaindelon, it being Oga just makes it all the more out of character.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Kingdom volume 4
NElb.jpg

Got the other 3 volumes, but since I wanted to see how the events of volume 3 unfolded, I went with reading volume 4 first.
Well, what to say? It had many badass moments. I'm not a lover of the artstyle of Kingdom in general, but the faces are pretty good at expressiveness and expressions in general. That little guy whose name escapes me at the moment makes some damn cute faces. The weird getup he wears helps a lot too.

Xin is a damn moron but he says some great things at times.

Best series ever. You are in for a treat if you stick with it.

Have all of the current released volumes here in Japan and its a goddamned epic journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom