• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

He hasn't

Which I never had a problem with. I guess if anything my gripe would be the whole Jaegu as parent has been sidelined a fair bit.

Well that and it being a weekly I find problematic in terms of getting enough story per chapter. Its especially an issue where you have fights that run over multiple chapters.

Of course there's worse examples of not enough story per chapter. Minamoto-kun Monogatari being the worst for me.

Prison School 141-150

Kiyoshi is a god. what a protag. and it was nice to see the VP again. Hopefully she goes back to sadist mode at some point.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 6.5 - 7

I like how there's an extra chapter just to remind you how good best girl is before the elf girl stuff gets interesting.

Best girl is still best girl but I wouldn't say no to elf girl either.

B7Rc8bnIIAAJqu4.jpg:large

Seki-kunnnnnnn!

Furyous

Jiujiu 54

Is it me or is this ending soon?
Takamichi's dad goaded Seijuro's brother into killing that guy so effortlessly. Please tell me Takayuki's jiujiu is a female. It makes so much more sense for her to be Snow/Night's mother and have a happy personality to offset Moon.

I think Takayuki faked his death under the direction of his father or of his own volition in order to prepare for this moment. Now he's back to take his place as heir and let Takamichi chill with Snow and Night forever. The author needs to bring back chibi Snow and Night.

This girl was either introduced to give the other girl more depth and have someone else in the same age group as Sho and Kage, whom they could peacefully interact with.

Or just to piss off every yaoi fan in the series.

Can't wait to find out.

it seems like MangaGAF became more tame/timid over the last couple of weeks :/

As in where not as crazy as usual.... guessing it is because some people are posting less now

you mean in posting lewd images? be more specific.
lewdness, random conversations.... people losing their sanity, alliances, occasionally betrayal.... sorrow... cannibalism, you know the usual stuff
School's got me :(

Not that I really post lewd or whatever you mean. lol
school and work got me too :(
School and New Years Hiatus are taking their toll
yup I am guessing this is it

dafuq? hahahaha

itll eventually get back into the swing of things once we get to read soma again.

I can see people returning when WSJ and other mangas get back to their usual schedules

UQ Holder

Aparently two more of Negi's harem became powerhouses in their own right. Also, the plot thickens, and it seems the subplot for this arc is established.

City Series Vol. 2 - Aerial City

So in Cityverse, England is a land for all sorts of non-humans and mythical beings, from werewolves and vampires to angels and demons. Sealed away inside of a book to keep apart from the rest of the world, this is the story about how a wingless demon living in London gets caught up in a plot of some humans attempting to destroy this city. So yeah, the story itself is a pretty generic. Characters were slightly better, but also fairly stock. You have your angsty death-seeker, a cheerful, patient heroine, the vengeance-filled villain, and several others.

What really interested me about this was definitely the setting. As the setting itself was "inside of a book", the world had a ton of oddities and quirks that the author left completely up to context for me to figure out. Character thoughts would randomly spill out for other characters to read, they would consciously need to focus on their surroundings to recognize something, or, conversely, unfocus on something to cause it to not exist from their perspective. Well, it's odd to say I had more interest trying to understand the setting than the actual characters, but this was still an alright read.

Owari no Chronicle Vol. 5B

And so the fifth arc comes to an end, and wow, what an arc that was. Revelations aplenty, not just for the goals and motivations of the antagonists, but also for a ton of stuff for the main characters as well, including the reasoning behind the main heroine's dual gender. And it's the kind of reveals that made me think back to almost every bit of foreshadowing done and realize how well it fits into place. Each arc just gets better and better, and I'm really looking forward to how this resolves.

Lain

Kingdom Volume 1&2

So i finally went back and read the first 2 volumes. The first thing I noticed is how the story starts well and fast. The pacing is good, there is no feeling of wasted time. There's just a bit of time spent on giving a backstory and then it's lots of action without forgetting the storytelling, the world building etc etc.
Seeing Xin from the start reinforced my idea of a likable moron that manages to say some pretty good and direct things from time to time between some idiotic outburst and kicking some ass.
I really love Diao. The little guy makes some great faces and his getup is cute. Plus when he grabs that dude's balls lol.

Now I'll have to slowly catch up to the official releases over here, though they only go up to volume 22 for now.

Prison School 150

more hana pls

Yamada

Miyamura is all like "Tamaki, you've changed" but I have no idea if that's true since Tamaki has barely done anything for the last like 50 chapters. Also there was some setup for Odagiri inevitably falling for Tamaki instead. bold prediction: there's some conflict with Ushio about her.

UQ Holder

lol at both Fate and Eva showing up to just see the application. Akamatsu finally realized nobody gives a shit about these original arcs about zombies or whatever and just want to find out what happened to the people from Negima.

Revo

Yamada and the Seven Witches 141

Please don't set Odagiri up with a guy who has had 3 appearances in the last 80 chapters.

Revo

UQ Holder 64

Yes best form evangeline is back.
And more old characters hopefully.

UQ looking to finally be good? UQ looking to finally be good. After we get through all the training.

Lagoon Engine Vol.07

To discover the mysterious carta card, our two leads go to a different school to take part of their carta tournament.

There we meet new characters to ruin their day and the tournament starts.

And then the volume ends and now I'll never know how this concludes cause Tokyopop discovered that licensing and releasing every thing under the sun isn't a good business plan. Go figure.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lagoon Engine Vol.07

To discover the mysterious carta card, our two leads go to a different school to take part of their carta tournament.

There we meet new characters to ruin their day and the tournament starts.

And then the volume ends and now I'll never know how this concludes cause Tokyopop discovered that licensing and releasing every thing under the sun isn't a good business plan. Go figure.

Did DN Angel ever even finish? I seem to remember it getting stuck in some Togashi like limbo. I only ask because of the banner on top of the book you linked.

Did DN Angel ever even finish? I seem to remember it getting stuck in some Togashi like limbo. I only ask because of the banner on top of the book you linked.

No, still in some limbo. Last volume came out in 2011, lol

And it seems like this series is also on hiatus too!

She's must be the hiatus queen.

Quasar

Domestic na Kanojo 17 - Literature clubs really are a thing for manga writers aren't they.

Puppy Lovers 32 - You'd think a flirty french girl would be hot...but compared to Eri?

Zweizer

Banned
Zai x 10 ch34

They should make a course about property damage.

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan ch5

Onii-chan sure have it rough~

Puppy Lovers ch31-32

Seems like an easy choice to me!

Mendrox

it seems like MangaGAF became more tame/timid over the last couple of weeks :/

As in where not as crazy as usual.... guessing it is because some people are posting less now

Naruto ended. Wednesday will never be the same to me (even though I love Soma). I dropped One Piece because one chapter has almost 5 times the content of a Bleach chapter (which I dropped 3 years ago). Other Mangas I read are Shingeki, To Love-Ru, Nanatsu, Akame and every 3 years Hunter x Hunter. Sometimes Berserk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom