• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP SAYING WAIFU.

I don't want an animal mascot party member. I feel like it would be cooler if the party had a pet that was just a pet; not an ass kicking, monster fighting pet.

Amen to that.

As for the pet idea, I think that's really cool. Just a normal pet, maybe combining the idea of walking it and strolls for some small character moments.

Kinda unrelated, but the pets got me thinking: I wonder what will become the central location for the P5 crew. P3 had the dorm, and P4 had the Junes food court. Obviously we won't know until much later, but it will be interesting to see.

.JayZii

Banned
The only thing sure ... we have another robo girl this time.

or a Robot guy idont know...

I prefer purely people parties. I'd rather have another shadow having a Descartes-ian existential crisis over more robots. The robots feel very P3 specific to me. Side stories too, but of course Japanese game side stories would add robot girls.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Kinda unrelated, but the pets got me thinking: I wonder what will become the central location for the P5 crew. P3 had the dorm, and P4 had the Junes food court. Obviously we won't know until much later, but it will be interesting to see.

The trailer showed off Shibuya crossing, right? Maybe the big Starbucks right in front?*

*Joking! Please don't sue us. ;__;

I hope it's a Beard Papa so I can name the MC Myriad Profiteroles.

Makio

Im against the idea to see another robot too , but i dont know the popularity Aegis and Labrys (in minor note) have ... i can see another no human party member.

Or like Teddie in P4.

If another blue eyed and blonde character is reveal ...
you know is not human lol

The trailer showed off Shibuya crossing, right? Maybe the big Starbucks right in front?*

I know is a joke , but i can see the team taking a drink in a urban restaurant (something like Catherine) or some kind of popular place for teenagers.

This why i liked to see collegue characters you can use a bar so easy and another adult themes.

arue

That's... a pretty good location actually. You can see everything happening right under your nose.

Or maybe Shibuya 109, but that place is full of women's stuff.

STOP SAYING WAIFU.

I don't want an animal mascot party member. I feel like it would be cooler if the party had a pet that was just a pet; not an ass kicking, monster fighting pet.

A normal pet, that you can fuse into a Cerberus, right?

I legitimately really like that idea

.JayZii

Banned

From first impression, the protagonist looks like a coffee shop type. I could see that.

CorvoSol

oh he does.
is there potential that yu might be a npc or party member in p5? since he moves back to the city. thats IF p5 takes place sometime after p4 or somethin. No time traveling shit please.

I really hope he doesn't. I wouldn't mind if P4 cast doesn't cameo any more than P3 did in P4. Now, if in the inevitable spin offs they want him to show up in a skin-tight catsuit with a hilariously fabulous ermine coat and giant sunglasses while chasing a 9th generation robot girlfriend, let it be, I say.

Jawmuncher

I agree, I don't really want to see another Robot or Mascot character. Even though I love Aigis, Teddie, and Labrsys. But whatever they decided on I'm sure it'll work. As for characters from other Persona games think they should stay out as well. Save the crossover stuff for "canon spinoffs". Though I'm breaking my own rule for that with Sho. But that's the only one.

jIg6JjJ.jpg

ok ready

wmlk

I thought that a robot was out of place enough for something like P3, and Teddie was better because of P4's more whimsical tone but I dunno if he's essential to the plot or anything.

I really have no preference. Let them make the game that they want to make; I'm sure they're trying to do the best they think. We'll see how it turns out in the end.

PK Gaming

Persona 4 Dancing All Night: Chapter 10

B87wxlBCAAA8zLJ.jpg:large

There wasn't much that happened in this chapter. Kanamin meets Narukami for the first time and immediately falls for him, much to Rise's chagrin. Yosuke's decision to split from the group backfires as he's ambushed by several dance thugs. The group is still desperately searching for Yukiko's killer. Junpei's appearance at the end of the chapter was shocking though. What's he up to...?

Makio

There wasn't much that happened in this chapter. Kanamin meets Narukami for the Yosuke's decision to split from the group backfires as he's ambushed by several dance thugs. The group is still desperately searching for Yukiko's killer. Junpei's appearance at the end of the chapter was shocking though. What's he up to...?

Where this from ... and Yukiko Killer ... seriously that stupid theory is something real.

No shit ...

Lunar15

Random request, but one thing I'd like to see in P5 is better instrumentation. I love Meguro to death, he's easily one of my favorite composers in video games. But for the love of god, the horn synth samples he uses are awful sometimes. I could kill for some real sax in Persona. The Live Band stuff that use real sax are amazing.

Also, ya'll are going to get a robo-dog maid and you're going to like it, dammit. You keep wanting this series to not be anime, but I hate to break it to you: it's pretty anime.

Dantis

There wasn't much that happened in this chapter. Kanamin meets Narukami for the first time and immediately falls for him, much to Rise's chagrin. Yosuke's decision to split from the group backfires as he's ambushed by several dance thugs. The group is still desperately searching for Yukiko's killer. Junpei's appearance at the end of the chapter was shocking though. What's he up to...?

Uh.. what's this?

Random request, but one thing I'd like to see in P5 is better instrumentation. I love Meguro to death, he's easily one of my favorite composers in video games. But for the love of god, the horn synth samples he uses are awful sometimes. I could kill for some real sax in Persona. The Live Band stuff that use real sax are amazing.

Yep. It's not like he needs live instrumentation, either. He could easily just sample instruments from other sources. That's what Conjure One does, and it sounds great.

Wait did Yukiko's Japanese VA die or something why would Atlus randomly kill a major character off screen o_O

PK is joking. Yukiko is not dead.

I'd like to see all new generic Persona designs instead of recycling decades old Kaneko work (and I don't mean importing the new demons from SMT4, either!).

Makio

Seriously that Yukiko death and everyone using the yellow scarf , i always thought was a bad joke.

But Junpei in Dancing all the night in another hand (hell yeah ... give me that). Show the moves of DA MAN

The plot is a joke , but the image where is from ?

Jonnax

Wait a minute, there's a Persona 4 Dancing Manga? Did that get announced ages ago? Also are these spoilers for DAN? Shouldn't those be spoiler tagged?

Dantis

-They'll throw her into a popstar outfit instead of having her original design tailored like Yu and Chie.
-She'll be generic happy-go-lucky instead of something more inline with her personality.

Oh.

I doubt it. I thought they would when they showed off Rise's outfit, but Chie's, Kanji's and Yosuke's are really down to Earth.

I'm expecting something like my sketch I did the other day.

Makio

Seeing the last bingo card.

If Fuuka made to the playable characters of Persona Arena Ultimax , i made her my MC day one. i love to see what Arcsys makes for her gameplay if happens.

Lunar15

Oh.

I doubt it. I thought they would when they showed off Rise's outfit, but Chie's, Kanji's and Yosuke's are really down to Earth.

I'm expecting something like my sketch I did the other day.

Well, the overall theme with everyone but Rise is that it just takes their existing outfit, rolls up some sleeves, unzips some jackets, and then throws on some yellow ribbons for flair. They'll do the same with Yukiko and Naoto.

LX_Theo

Banned

I get the joke... But what on earth is this from?

Verder

Hmm, like the Fox? Even though it wasn't really IT's pet

all yo yens yipyipyap

NOOOOOO

PK Gaming

Uh.. what's this?

Where this from ... and Yukiko Killer ... seriously that stupid theory is something real.

No shit ...

Wait a minute, there's a Persona 4 Dancing Manga? Did that get announced ages ago? Also are these spoilers for DAN? Shouldn't those be spoiler tagged?

I get the joke... But what on earth is this from?

Seriously? The Persona 4: Dancing All Night manga has been a thing for ages, where have you all been?

I really don't know. I found it on twitter.

salromano

Bingo is too much work for me, so here are my predictions. The new games probably won't come true, but it's all fun:

- Persona Q Palatinate for PS Vita

- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for PS Vita

- Persona 5 gameplay trailer

- Marie imagines the step

- Persona 4: Dancing All Night dated (by summer)

- Persona 5 dated (between July and October)

- Sho Minazuki has no revealed connection to Persona 5

Kinda late to the discussion... but after Aigis and Labrys, I don't know if another android would work. And would it even fit in P5? As much as I adore Aigis, i don't want another android unless they do it right like Aigis and Labrys

LX_Theo

Banned
Kinda late to the discussion... but after Aigis and Labrys, I don't know if another android would work. And would it even fit in P5? As much as I adore Aigis, i don't want another android unless they do it right like Aigis and Labrys

I think they'll try to distance themselves if they do another non-human character. I believe Labrys is only around because of how involved P3 was with the Arena duology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom