• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 5, Part 2 – S6 premieres Oct 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

I hope Glenn takes over for the idiot son though. Jackass almost got all of them killed.

Edit:

LOL The Talking Dead In Memoriam.

slit

Really liked the episode, at least the show doesn't seem as aimless as the begining of the season.

Also, I'm glad Rick shaved his beard. That Grizzly Adams shit was bugging me.

Really disappointed in Rick tonight, trying to tackle a beard like that without a straight razor? Going against the grain? Who taught this man to shave?

Madness

So it's only a matter of time before this "utopia" also becomes a hellhole right? I mean someone took rick's gun and set up a walker trap, the leaders son likes to take out his anger on walkers and string them up and seems like a loose Cannon. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I bet she doesn't like how all these people are coming in as a tight group and will try to turn them against one another or pick them off one at a time. We've already gotten rapists near the farm, military dictatorships at Woodbury, cannibals at Terminus, authoritarian cops and murdering doctors at the hospital, what are these Alexandria people going to be?

erawsd

So it's only a matter of time before this "utopia" also becomes a hellhole right? I mean someone took rick's gun and set up a walker trap, the leaders son likes to take out his anger on walkers and string them up and seems like a loose Cannon. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I bet she doesn't like how all these people are coming in as a tight group and will try to turn them against one another or pick them off one at a time. We've already gotten rapists near the farm, military dictatorships at Woodbury, cannibals at Terminus, authoritarian cops and murdering doctors at the hospital, what are these Alexandria people going to be?

They're the most evil thing of all... politicians.

BizzyBum

Uh oh. Surprise guest on Talking Dead next week aka someone gonna die. lol

This season has been spectacular so far. It was so trippy seeing the group in a normal pre-apocalyptic setting. I thought Carl saw a ghost or some shit at the beginning taking a cue from his dad but after seeing it again it was that young girl he chased into the woods later on.

Seeing Diane (I think that's the congress woman's name, don't want to google in case I spoil myself) interview Daryl was awesome. It shows just how far gone Rick's group is. It was literally like a video you would watch of a deranged mental patient being interviewed by a doctor or psychiatrist in a loony bin.

Seeing everyone on edge was like damn... these people will never get accustomed to a normal life again if there was ever such a thing, and you can't blame them after all the shit they been through. Seeing Rick and Carl meet up outside the walls with Rick saying "Get ready!" as they are about to take down the walkers is pretty much all we needed to see. It was possible they would never have to do that again, but they chose to leave the comforts of the walls and kill walkers instead. They were in their comfort zone.

AND THAT END! There's no other way to interpret it, IMO, that was a straight up villainous line by Rick. I think having Rick's speech to Diane replay in the background as Sheriff Rick v.2 walked out was the perfect touch. Rick was talking about how people outside the walls are now, but what he doesn't realize is all those things he was saying applies to what Diane has done to him and his group, as shown evident by his new appearance and "job".

My prediction is certain people in Rick's group "fails" the audition for the town and will be exiled (Daryl, for example). It's very possible they don't just exile them and have them leave, but very well just kill them once they are outside the walls and make it look like an accident on a run or something (as what was implied in the next episode's preview). I'll riot if Daryl does die like that, though. Either that, or like others have mentioned it's also very possible this is a real community and Rick's group does fuck it up for everyone due to paranoia or ego.

Either way, I can't fucking wait for next Sunday.

Just finished. The normalcy is unsettling.

"But if they can’t make it… then we’ll just take this place.”
Damn, Rick...

The Ricktatorship is only just beginning

JTripper

That brief scene with Carol and Daryl on the porch when Carol is wearing clean, normal clothes was both hilarious and totally weird. Daryl's line was perfect; "You look ridiculous!"

I also loved seeing Glenn show that chump who's boss too after trying to handle it like an adult and realizing this guy really doesn't know who he's messing with or what he's doing. Pretty much like the entire community, with the possible exception of Deanna who unsettles me a bit.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Content Roundup – Episode 5.12: “Remember”

ly5Y322.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:

• The Making of Episode 5.12: “Remember” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 5.12: “Remember” - AMC
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 5.13: "Forget" - AMC

Critic Reviews:

Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:

• The shoulder badge on Rick’s new jacket contains a Latin phrase, which when translated means “We will rise again.” Back in Season 3 Episode 3, The Governor used the “We will rise again” phrase when talking to Michonne and Andrea.
  • There was a cut scene where Deanna welcomed everyone to Alexandria and Rick told his group that it was okay to give up their weapons.
  • Norman Reedus kept Rick's beard shavings in a plastic baggie and stores it in his refrigerator.
  • The zombie with the peeling skin was played by the same actor who played the zombie that killed Dale back in season two.

PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

NolbertoS

Love the episode, man, that Deanne lady is like the Governor except she knows that to maintain order she seems to bribe rather than using lethal force, from what we've seen. Can't wait for the season ending cliffhanger that will happen.

Darrel carrying that possum during the interview lol
He must have smell like 10 year old fermenting BO
So who's the new actor playing Rick lol looks young

I like the take of the new leader compared to the book

LifEndz

Wonder why Rick told Sasha to kill that one walker stumbling up. Guessing it was symbolism but it seems unecessary. You'd have to think this community would have a way to dispatch of a walker that approaches the gates.

Was nervous as hell when Noah was placing his rifle on the cart. He seems like the "Ben" (videogame reference) of the group. Kinda weird that he would be apart of the supply run team. Dude is very obviously limping.

And why the hell does Carol miss Ed "every day?" Wasn't he an abusive husband who the show hinted was possibly a child molester as well?

Not a bad episode. Felt the guy in the shadows who's wife cut Rick's hair was enough of a jerk to fill the possible antagonist column for this episode. Guess they felt that wasn't enough, so they decided the ROTC guy should be so stupid as to have a Walker trophy, and then get pissed when it was killed and try to knock Glenn out.

Daryl not bathing or washing his clothes was very funny and def seems like how he'd react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom