• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

Damn. I only lurk the sales threads because I have very little to contribute substantively (this is really the first gen where I've remotely followed sales figures).

I really appreciate every member who brings informed and/or data-filled posts, and Aqua brought it on both fronts in spades.

Thanks for everything, Aqua.

I just saw Aquamarine as "banned" in another thread and followed the history through here. I've never really followed NPDs as I honestly don't care much about these numbers and I didn't know Aquamarine well either other than from stumbling across their posts from time to time in other threads but things like this are sad. She? seemed to be a nice person and I had no idea how much contribution was done here, NeoGAF lost a valuable and nice member, hopefully all will be well and you can join again one day, bye!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Aquamarine will be missed, her input in sales threads was stunning, not only numbers, but also other insightful stuff about console market in general.

salute.jpg

I just saw Aquamarine as "banned" in another thread and followed the history through here. I've never really followed NPDs as I honestly don't care much about these numbers and I didn't know Aquamarine that well either other from stumbling across their posts from time to time in other threads but things like this are sad. She? seemed to be a nice person and I had no idea how much contribution was done here, NeoGAF lost a valuable and nice member, hopefully all will be well and you can join again one day, bye!
Yeah they were...are...a very good and solid NPD numbers provider, at the very least. There are still other solid posters and people who work retail here like ZhugeEX, SwiftDeath, and alla-bh (I probably got one of those wrong; everyone's got weird names online seems like) but she was one of the only ones that had access to the numbers. Along with Creamsugar I believe?

Although I'm interested in seeing the numbers, I stopped guessing simply because my numbers were always off. Way off. That and I'm not in the loop regards a lot of sales trends and the time isn't there to put it in. But it's still fun seeing other folk's predictions no matter how on or off-base they happen to be.

Yeah they were...are...a very good and solid NPD numbers provider, at the very least. There are still other solid posters and people who work retail here like ZhugeEX, SwiftDeath, and alla-bh (I probably got one of those wrong; everyone's got weird names online seems like) but she was one of the only ones that had access to the numbers. Along with Creamsugar I believe?

Although I'm interested in seeing the numbers, I stopped guessing simply because my numbers were always off. Way off. That and I'm not in the loop regards a lot of sales trends and the time isn't there to put it in. But it's still fun seeing other folk's predictions no matter how on or off-base they happen to be.

.....none of those 3 work in retail

however, The Shogun (Gamestop), Abdiel (Best Buy), and Cornbread78 (Walmart) do

ZhugeEX

Banned
There are still other solid posters and people who work retail here like ZhugeEX

I don't work in retail.

I actually work in the telecommunications sector and have access to a number of research papers and data points within that sector and others. Also my hobby for gaming (and sales numbers) means that when I do get data in regards to the gaming market i'll post it here and in general I've been following video game sales for a long time so have a lot of historical data stored on my computer. Just ask me about "Musou" game sales... go on.... I dare you :p

allan-bh

Aqua's mistake was say where she work, it's easier to be identified. Anyway, thank you for everything aqua, we will miss you.

ps: Don't know about this super secret based, but would like to join the PM league.

Jesus the post seems so serious, the NPD group must be selling the data for the big big bucks. Wish I has ventured into the world of business but ah well, I'm extremely happy looking into peoples gobs I guess. Yes, so fulfilling..........

Save us ioi and your magic number farm :(

Goodbye Aqua. You will be missed so much here.

As someone who also contributes some leaks here I totally understand your job being much more important.

It's a fickle and dangerous game. Thanks for everything you did for us.

pour-one-out.jpg

Welp, that settles that. Peace out, y'all. I'll watch from the sidelines too.

GL with the new gig, Aqua.

hepburn3d

Aqua, it goes without saying that you will be missed. A job is much more important than our free insight into NPD :) good luck with the future and I hope the threads are just as fun to lurk. You have always managed to stay unbiased and objective on data analysis.

Thank you for sharing. Maybe one day you could make a new account and hide who you are and just provide your thoughts with zero data. They were always the most interesting to read.

I love reading GAF thoughts (some times) but there are very few usernames I notice and make a point of reading. Now my favourite one is gone :(

Good luck!

(Wish we could change our tags in memory of a great poster)

Booshka

Damn, thanks and goodbye to you Aqua. I only ever lurked NPD threads, but this is quite the loss.

Can't believe how insane NPD are.

Thanks for everything Aquamarine, it's been a pleasure reading many of your excellent posts in these threads. We will miss you, and your great insight and how thorough you'd break down and interpret this information as well as your own thoughts on them.

It's really shame how in video game industry we get less and less sales information each year from publishers, NPD, Gfk etc. =/ In movie industry we get worldwide box office each fricking week... Well at least we have still weekly Japanese sales. Godspeed Aqua.

Completely agree with this. It's weird.

People here are just curious how certain titles are going to perform now that MS doesn't have the massive lead in the US they had last generation when it was a lot easier for them to match sales.

Yup.

Boke1879

It's really shame how in video game industry we get less and less sales information each year from publishers, NPD, Gfk etc. =/ In movie industry we get worldwide box office each fricking week... Well at least we have still weekly Japanese sales. Godspeed Aqua.

IT is a shame. I can understand not making ALL info public but it's so damn secretive it's almost a joke.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm really saddened by this news about Aquamarine leaving GAF, albeit forcibly by the NPD Group.

We've had many private conversations through messaging and amiable discussions in various threads; I felt like I knew her on personal level and oddly enough, although I never met her, I considered her to be a friend if that makes any sense.

It's devastating to hear. I duno if a mod could forward my email to her (also a bank email lol), it would be appreciated as NeoGaf was our means of communication.

It's not going to be the same without you Aqua xoxo

ps: Don't know about this super secret based, but would like to join the PM league.

same.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
God damn, not Aqua! I'll miss you. You were awesome, and I loved your posts

Now for another variation of the MGS salute for our fallen comrade:

rne7j8b.gif

We'll miss you.

Bitanator

Aquamarine made these threads so fun, one of my favorite things to look forward on Gaf besides the Metal Thread. You shall be missed.

wolfhowwl

Banned
Sad to see this. Aquamarine's contributions and insights were always a pleasure to read.

Hope all is well in the future.

Top Bottom