• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Modern Warfare 2 Trailer

CaVaYeRo

Frencherman said:
Okay, a Wii-version seems out of question now. Maybe next time :D

Wait and see.

Oh, and that HD screen:

CoD_MW2_screen.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
I thought the trailer was terrible. It's cut up like some lame action movie. A different tone would have been better, but I guess it fits with the awful voice acting and dialogue.

Kuroyume said:
I thought the trailer was terrible. It's cut up like some lame action movie. A different tone would have been better, but I guess it fits with the awful voice acting and dialogue.

Agreed, totally uninspired garbage.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I love how people are complaining about the visuals as if it will actually impacts on their purchasing decision...

This has the potential to be as successfuul as CoD4...

I think the only hinderence is the fact that Activision seem to think they can release CoD every single year...sooner or later if not already people will feel that over-saturation that happened with Tony Hawk and now Guitar Hero...

I like that Infinity Ward is getting away from the CoD branding...

EDarkness

Frencherman said:
Okay, a Wii-version seems out of question now. Maybe next time :D

I know some guy in another thread said there's a Wii version coming, but I'm starting to think that's a bit bogus. The Wii isn't even listed on the Infinity Ward website. Probably best to accept the fact it isn't coming and move on to greener pastures. :(

Erebus

The trailer was OK, not super impressive but not awful either. What IW probably wanted to show us here is that they won't deviate a lot from the CoD4 successful formula.

decon

KareBear said:
This is still based on the rtcw version of the quake 3 engine.Its impressive how far they have taken it.
Really?

Gametrailers WMV capture:
Screenshot1.png

Looks great to me. Lots of stuff going on in that screen :)

CaVaYeRo

EDarkness said:
I know some guy in another thread said there's a Wii version coming, but I'm starting to think that's a bit bogus. The Wii isn't even listed on the Infinity Ward website. Probably best to accept the fact it isn't coming and move on to greener pastures. :(

Well, I'm another guy in this thread, so you have 2 positive bets! :lol

Guy in the other thread, come to our rescue!

Activision, come on say it soon! We know it!

Xav

I remember leaving GameFAQs for NeoGAF ages ago thinking things would be better here, looking at this thread it would appear the move wasn't as great as I had hoped.
If you have an opinion fair enough but I can't help but feel most of you are just here to hate on a popular game because it's cool to hate on popular stuff. It's Modern Warefare 2, it runs at 60FPS and it will look great in motion when you play it on your TV.

IW: Well done lads, we've hit 60FPS again.
Xav: Sorry IW but GAF has spoken.
IW: And?
Xav: They want your game to run at 30FPS and have screen tearing.
IW: Don't they have enough of those?
Xav: Yeah but it's more movie like that way.
IW: Oh.
Xav: Some of them also claim they can't tell the difference between 30 and 60.
IW: We have been defeated comrades.

Sadist

CaVaYeRo said:
Well, I'm another guy in this thread, so you have 2 positive bets! :lol

Guy in the other thread, come to our rescue!

Activision, come on say it soon! We know it!
You know who is in charge of development? (Which studio?)

RiverBed

Banned
Okay, a Wii-version seems out of question now. Maybe next time
Since when are graphics an indication that a version of a game is not coming to a platform? Didn't past CoD games appear on the DS- iirc? Doesn't PS2 and PSP get some PS360 games?

There are stronger points to consider when thinking about what multiple versions are coming of a game, and graphics isn't one of them.

Do I take it from the all-American accents that we wont be playing the SAS in this game?

I suppose it must have been difficult for US players to swallow that they'd charge in and fuck it up and the Brits have to go in afterwards and fix everything up. ;)

JimiNutz

Banned
proposition said:
Do I take it from the all-American accents that we wont be playing the SAS in this game?

I suppose it must have been difficult for US players to swallow that they'd charge in and fuck it up and the Brits have to go in afterwards and fix everything up. ;)

I think the new squad is multi-national (like Rainbow 6) with a Brit (Soap) leading the team. I think you probably play as an American though.

I too was surprised during COD4 when
all the Yank marines got nuked and the Brits had to save the day
:lol

Chinner

Banned
proposition said:

Yes you should of seen the outrage on GAF when it first came out. People were saying that they'd never buy COD5/6 and Wollan said that the X360 version would flop because most of the owners are american who want to play as a american

Clinton514

Looks ok. Didn't see anything happening story-wise which is mind blowing. I do want to get my hands on it. Multiplayer on the other hand I won't touch unless it's drastically beefed up from COD4. Can't wait for the footage.

Chinner said:
Yes you should of seen the outrage on GAF when it first came out. People were saying that they'd never buy COD5/6 and Wollan said that the X360 version would flop because most of the owners are american who want to play as a american
Well they do say that COD4 was the chief cause of the US/UK war.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Chinner said:
I'm tired, my joking-detector is running on fumes at the moment, so I have to ask: you're joking, right?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Chinner said:

You're joking, right?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
jonnyp said:
That looks bad to some of you now? What the feck is going on?

I doesn't look that good to me either, and I'm a big fan of COD4. Mostly because it seems to be a bit too much over the top action and spectacular stunts. But that's just the impression I'm getting from the trailer, so I'm not gonna assume anything about the full game. I will still buy it for the multiplayer if nothing else.

bdouble

jonnyp said:
That looks bad to some of you now? What the feck is going on?
Saturation point. Point of diminishing returns. Every game these days looks pretty damn good and comparable to the next. Its all down to preference whether you like the crispness of Crysis or the cinema of KZ2. Maybe the variety of Uncharted or the smoothness of CoD6. When that happens we start to nitpick every little detail. One game does textures this way and everyone expects the next game to do that and have the best lighting available, run at 60fps, not release with bullshots, have AA, not too much bloom, cool looking sky and the most detailed character models ect ect no matter what genre the developer is putting the game out in. No one can be unique they just have to be better than the rest now. If its not then its not a good looking game.

Dever

Banned
I was one of those "Why is there so much hype over some military FPS" people, but yeah, that looked pretty rad. Civilians? Damn.

ZROCOOL said:
looking good. ^ and who is that in the avatar?
Yes, it's very distracting. :lol

I can't wait to see screens of the new Search and Destroy maps. :D And I also can't wait to hear more details on Hardcore mode; if it's changed any or stayed the same as CoD4.

DarkUSS said:
The trailer was OK, not super impressive but not awful either. What IW probably wanted to show us here is that they won't deviate a lot from the CoD4 successful formula.
Uh, I felt completely opposite. The trailer seemed very different from MW1. A *lot* brighter, and not just overexposed desert brightness. And while I agree that the trailer was a bit meh direction-wise, the castle evac was one of the coolest fucking sequences I've seen in a damn long time.

thaOwner

ZROCOOL said:
looking good. ^ and who is that in the avatar?
Her name is Cristina Del Basso. I became her biggest fan this morning.
EDIT: beated

blindrocket said:
Yes, it's very distracting. :lol

I can't wait to see screens of the new Search and Destroy maps. :D And I also can't wait to hear more details on Hardcore mode; if it's changed any or stayed the same as CoD4.

Distracting ? Nah man, that aint shit. This IS distracting:
o7t7as.gif

guise

Son of Godzilla said:
Uh, I felt completely opposite. The trailer seemed very different from MW1. A *lot* brighter, and not just overexposed desert brightness. And while I agree that the trailer was a bit meh direction-wise, the castle evac was one of the coolest fucking sequences I've seen in a damn long time.

Yeah, that was one bad ass exfiltration

Yazus

thaOwner said:
Her name is Cristina Del Basso. I became her biggest fan this morning.
EDIT: beated

Distracting ? Nah man, that aint shit. This IS distracting:
o7t7as.gif

Italy strikes again

Top Bottom