• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Drive 2000 Kickstarter. the Blood Dragon start screen with talking 80s Car.

Dat soundtrack of artists alone is worth backing this. That is a hitlist of folks you WANT to come together.

dat soundtrack in my mind

IrkGOmu.gif

Thanks for responding to my post! On a positive note it was trending towards 75% of the goal when I posted earlier and is now trending towards 80% at the time of this post so over the last few hours the pledges have begun to speed up.

Trending towards 78% now, but the amount of pledges per day is a lot better than it was in the beginning.

I guess it's because it's rapidly running out of time now and the last minute pledge rush is starting. I'm confident the increase of pledges towards the end should just about get this over the finish line. The final few days of rush pledges should just about push this over the edge.

In the last 48 hours people will be receiving their pledge reminders, so that should help to pick up the pace. And I expect when it gets close to the goal, people will want to try to push this over the edge.

Also I appreciate your efforts and I'm sure the creator does too. Quite a few pledges came from this thread so your efforts were totally worth it.

Thanks :^) GAF has a lot of members/viewers, so I think this should help. It is also a good idea to mark the game as a favorite on Steam, so it will show up in your friend activity list. I don't do Twitter or Facebook, so I can't help there.

Another update at the kickstarter page. Apart from a DeLorean the game will also get a Knightrider car. A Lamborghini Countach would also be nice IMO. I really like that the Vector W8 is in there though :^)
You can now also pay with paypal, which is nice for people without credit cards.

VHS Dreams and Midnight Driver have been announced as soundtrack artists, even more are coming.

I hope the laser wall racing will have really fast restarts. Sound like an interesting game mode to really teach you to drive properly around the track.

I also think it is going to make it in the final stretch.

I've been enjoying listening to the eighties style audio tracks of the soundtrack artists. Some really nice stuff there.

If I didn't have all this damn work, school work, and portfolio show / graduation in the coming weeks, I would have made a little video expressing my interest in this game and love for the 80s.

Hell, I even recorded the pre-alpha level available on the Kickstarter page for use in a video, but have been super busy :(

Fingers crossed!

Phu

Banned
It blows my mind that this may not get funded. Maybe I just have some crazy personal bias but this seems like something that people should being eating up [especially with other 80's callbacks like Kung Fury getting lots of love].

Hopefully the last minute pushes pay off.

Here comes the final rush. The amount of pledges has really increased again today. Things are looking up. Now trending towards 88%.

NotLiquid

6k left with little under two days left. They've all but got this in the bag.

It's interesting how much of an uptick these games experience during the final stretch.

Tansut

It feels weird getting a game that looks to be this awesome for as little as $10 on PS4, but I ain't complaining.

That was a fun video to watch, well done.
Wow at the massive increase of backers in the last 48 hours. I hope this will keep on going.

And funded! Beating all of our projections and Kicktraq itself with more than twenty four hours to go. Congrats to the developer! I've been following this project for days now and I'm so happy about this. I love it when promising and deserving projects succeed like this. Beyond excellent news.

Looks like we're getting the game. :)

Top Bottom