• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill better sling the football around on some wild west shit.

How's your team's third string QB looking thus far in the preseason? Someone needs to root for a clipboard holder around here anyway.

third string is Freeman but we only keep 2 on the roster during the season.

Grexeno

Stop trying to peddle Gamepass. No one has any time for anything that isn't livestreaming of all regular season games.

Malalaw

Can't wait to go to the hospital at 3am Tuesday morning. Got the saints outfit ready for him to come home in Wednesday!!

WedgeX

Banned
Well, I already did my Lions preview back in June, but I'll copy and paste it for fun!

With OTAs for the Lions complete, it's time for my annual Lions 2015 depth chart prediction challenge!

Following my off-season round-up.

Free Agent addition Rookie Currently injured No longer with Lions since 2014 season

QB: Stafford
WR: Megatron, Tate, Jones, Fuller, Moore, Broyles
RB: Bush, Bell, Riddick, Abdullah
TE: Pettigrew, Ebron, Ausberry, Fauria
RT: Hilliard, Waddle, Williams
RG: Warford
C: Raiola, Swanson
LG: Sims, Ramirez, Tomilson
LT: Reiff, Lucas

The Lions, having gotten rid of Raiola, Hilliard, and a very surprising Sims, now have the second youngest offensive line in the league. Megatron, hopefully healthy, and Tate continue to catch balls with ease while everyone else is a constant stream of ??????. I feel like Moore has been injured at every chance he has gotten to break out. And with the Lions past history, I foresee only doom in his future. Broyles' remains affected by the past Megatron Madden deflection curse and while I've always rooted for him to play a big role he might end up cut before the off-season is over. Fauria remains injured from a mysterious dog fucking incident, while Pettigrew and Ebron continue to merely exist. With Bush now back to California Abdullah has been a revelation while Bell rehabs. Dan Orlovsky remains on the depth chart behind Stafford so Stafford remains in charge.

DE: Ansah, Jones, Johnson, Taylor, Tapp, Webster
DT: Suh, Fairley, Mosley, Fluellen, Ngata, Walker, Reid, Wright, other people not on the Lions roster last year
MLB: Tulloch,
OLB: Levy, Van Noy, Whitehead, Palmer
CB: Slay, Mathis, Wilson, Lawson, Bentley, Carter, Diggs
FS: Ihedigbo
SS: Quin

While the outside of the defensive line remains largely unchanged, including an now oft-injured Jones, the interior is gutted. Well, Fluellen is certain to return to the Lions as he has every year, signing what has to be a league leading eight contracts in seven seasons with the Lions. Gone are the stomper (of Martha Ford's heart, no less) and the underperformer. In are a roider in Ngata and an under the radar pass rusher in Walker. Perhaps Reid, in studying under Suh this off-season, will break out. Or fully break Rodger's leg. Who can say. The Lions welcome back Tulloch and continue to have Levy who has become one of the premier 4-3 linebackers in the NFL. Whitehead stepped up admirably last year in place of dancing Tulloch and will fight with van Noy for the strong side spot as well as be a leader on special teams. Both Slay and Mathis return and each have brought stability to corner back. Mathis might ultimately become a safety for the Lions while mentoring younger cornerbacks. Near all of the stock of cornerbacks brought in under Schwartz, save Slay, are now gone with the recent cut of Bill Bentley and a new stock looks to replace them. There is even talk of utilizing the dime defense more often with the improved cornerback numbers but with how often they suffered dramatic, horrific injuries last year it will be nice if two stay healthy. The Lions return both safeties including Quin who picked up All Pro honors in addition to leading the league's safeties in interceptions.

K: Prater
P: Martin
LS: Muhlbach
KR/PR: Ross, Abdullah, Diggs, Broyles

Prater finally seemed back in step towards the end of last year. Martin was alright. Muhlbach is always great. Ross was extraordinarily mediocre and the Lions have made it a priority to have lots of rookies and eager receivers take reps returning the ball.

And it must be time for football because I've been getting the fantasy football invites.

It's about time the steelers bench Ben for Jones. I've been campaigning for it since he was drafted.
Edit: hopefully they come to there senses by first game with the Browns. If not shame on the steelers organization

Afrikan

NFL continues to be greedy as fuck...but I think this time they will notice a difference in the decline of yearly subscribers.

I used to sub to NFL Rewind every year...heck didn't even use it much, but still loved it. That was $39.99 for the regular season.

now they changed the name to NFL GamePass and added the shit I and many others probebly didn't give a shit about and up the price to $100.

yeah I'm obviously cancelling my sub, and it looks like many others online are as well. Same thing with the folks who only wanted the Preseason access..which also got thrown into the $100 price..... fux that.

Godslay

Banned
Are we to really believe that Gronk wakes up like that?

You know it's with like 3-4 naked women. Surrounded by empty bottles of overpriced booze, littered with Plan B bottles and used condoms.

I guess you can't put that in a commercial though.

Konka

Banned
NFL continues to be greedy as fuck...but I think this time they notice a difference.

I used to sub to NFL Rewind every year...heck didn't even use it much, but still loved it. That was $39.99 for the regular season.

now they changed the name to NFL GamePass and added the shit I and many others probebly didn't give a shit about and up the price to $100.

yeah I'm obviously cancelling my sub, and it looks like many others online are as well. Same thing with the folks who only wanted the Preseason access..which also got thrown into the $100 price..... fux that.

Well GamePass has existed in the rest of the world for a few years now, but it offers live streams of all the games. I assume there is something in the directv contract in the USA that doesn't allow them to do that here.

Good write-up Wedge. Just one thing: Fauria recovered from the alleged dog injury. He injured himself again earlier this week. Knee injury, seemed minor initially but he's missed three practices due to it thus far. Before that he was looking good in training camp.

Kas loves talking about weapons, and this year might be the best for the Lions' offense on paper.

-Megatron: not much to say

-Tate: dangerous in the slot

-Ebron: should constantly draw 1on1 mismatches thanks to Megatron and Tate

-Fauria: end zone threat

-Fuller/Moore: Potential deep pass threats

-Abdullah, Riddick, Bell: backfield pass threats.

-Pettigrew: Faithful check down

Afrikan

Well GamePass has existed in the rest of the world for a few years now, but it offers live streams of all the games. I assume there is something in the directv contract in the USA that doesn't allow them to do that here.

Even if there wasn't anything Directv could do about it, the NFL would NOT keep this $100 price. It would be $100 for yall but would be much higher for us.

MechDX

Are we to really believe that Gronk wakes up like that?

You know it's with like 3-4 naked women. Surrounded by empty bottles of overpriced booze, littered with Plan B bottles and used condoms.

I guess you can't put that in a commercial though.

Forgot the syringe with the daily dose of penicillin

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Chris Bradford ‏@BCTBradford 2m2 minutes ago Ohio, USA

Suisham is limping off back to the locker room.

Nobody is safe from the Steelers injury curse.

Afrikan

When I was with Verizon NFL Mobile was a godsend. I'd watch games while I work.

another deal that is fucking stupid.. I can't watch NFL Network on my phone because I don't have Verizon? But I can watch it on my tablet? Can't believe this is still a thing after all these years.

another deal that is fucking stupid.. I can't watch NFL Network on my phone because I don't have Verizon? But I can watch it on my tablet? Can't believe this is still a thing after all these years.

Yeaaaa and their app for mobile sucks all over the place and confusing to navigate. When i tried it at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom