• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
iWHpoB6.png

Another glorious NFL season dawns full of hopes and dreams. It begins, as always, with the Hall of Fame enshrinement. Let's meet this year's inductees.

NHh0Opj.png

Junior Seau, Charles Haley, Tim Brown, Ron Wolf, Mick Tinglehoff, Bill Polian, Jerome Bettis and Will Shields.

Those aforementioned hopes and dreams are, more than ever, dependent upon having a great quarterback. Franchise qb's are the rarest commodity on earth. You wish you had one, heck, you might think you have one, but the truth is, he probably falls into one (or more) of these categories:

Old. Fragile. Dumbass. Choker. Just plain sucks.

ZVE7eqm.png

What if we had a chance? An opportunity? A secret lab to produce the greatest quarterback who ever lived? What qualities would we embue to this super human.

Super model hair of Tom Brady. Cannon arm of Alex Smith. Legitimate championships of Ben Roethlisberger. Nimble feet of Eli Manning. Abstinence of Russell Wilson.

Xs05Kyd.png

We don't need to make him, he already lives!

s0OLENd.png

Preseason Schedule

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/PRE0

What to Watch For

For the last few years we have done write ups for most of the teams quickly detailing the storylines for camp/preseason. Feel free to write one!

The idea is to give others an idea of what they can pay attention to while watching preseason games, especially after the starters go out. Where should people focus their attention?

We might also do regular season previews, so save some material!

I will link them here.

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers - Bowser
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos - Godslay
Detroit Lions - PhoenixDark, WedgeX
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - Himynameischris
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants - BigAT
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers - chuckddd
Saint Louis Rams - Banana Aeon
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks - unknownstranger
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins - mr2xxx

Legal Gambling

Pick 'em league - $20 in Taco Bell, courtesy of chris.trejo. rip
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

ID#: 1299
PW: neogaf

With confidence points :
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Group: 7490

Survivor: (this link is not the same as the other two)
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Group ID# 3890

vXdKLhg.jpg

Catch all fantasy football topic

Slo

I turned on the HoF induction ceremony during Tim Brown's speech, but as far as I could tell he was just jerking himself off in front off a captive audience, so I turned it off.

Fuck Tim Brown. Overrated as fuck.

Eleuin

Awesome OP Chuck, football is back! :')

Top 5 posters of the last "thread"
gizC0uu.png

Never have there been so many posts about nothing

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wooo!!! You gonna put fantasy and pickems sign ups?

I'll link fantasy threads and pick'ems. I'll keep it updated as necessary.

Speaking of fantasy, I restarted the stragglers league.
Missing jabee, wedge, fox, shane, brinbe, eleuin and jbug. Let's go!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Deal with what?

It.

It = What separates the good from the all time greats. "It" cannot be taught, you either have it or you don't.

The thing is, Stafford has had prodigious arm strength for ages. That's what made him the No. 1 QB recruit coming out of Highland Park High School, and the No. 1 overall draft pick coming out of Georgia, and the fastest quarterback in NFL history to 20,000 yards.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/08/combining_lookaways_with_arm_s.html

bionic77

I want some predictions fools.

What percentage of us think that our teams have a chance at SuperBowl glory this season?

I know Steelers fans are gullible enough to believe most years. Pats fans will believe anything based upon what I saw in their OT thread. Seattle is done but they won't know it for another 3 years. Speak up gentlemen. Yes these posts are going to be used against you when it all goes down in flames in another 8 weeks but for now stand up and be accounted for.

As one of the Steelers fans I think we could be really good on offense this year if we can consistently score in the red zone and we maintain our solid play up front. If we can establish a solid 2nd receiver and a real RZ threat via passing we could easily be a top 5 offense. The defense is a much bigger question mark. We have a new coach and I am ready to believe in him based on very little proof. These young players are hungry and see 6 shiny trophies coming into work every single day and want to be part of that fraternity. They want to be great and according the Steelers PR I just copied and pasted there is a possibility we could make the jump from mediocre on defense to very good.

Go Steelers!

Who is with me?

Go Cowboys!

The NFC seems pretty weak this year, so anything is possible if we can get past the division (and those tough week 1 and 2 matchups)

cajunator

Banned

What percentage of us think that our teams have a chance at SuperBowl glory this season?

I know Steelers fans are gullible enough to believe most years. Pats fans will believe anything based upon what I saw in their OT thread. Seattle is done but they won't know it for another 3 years. Speak up gentlemen. Yes these posts are going to be used against you when it all goes down in flames in another 8 weeks but for now stand up and be accounted for.

As one of the Steelers fans I think we could be really good on offense this year if we can consistently score in the red zone and we maintain our solid play up front. If we can establish a solid 2nd receiver and a real RZ threat via passing we could easily be a top 5 offense. The defense is a much bigger question mark. We have a new coach and I am ready to believe in him based on very little proof. These young players are hungry and see 6 shiny trophies coming into work every single day and want to be part of that fraternity. They want to be great and according the Steelers PR I just copied and pasted there is a possibility we could make the jump from mediocre on defense to very good.

Go Steelers!

Who is with me?

I think we can get back to the playoffs but no further than divisional.

Go Steelers!

Who is with me?

I do if our defense holds up and philbin stays out of his own way. I give it a 10% chance of that happening

Go Steelers!

Who is with me?

My Jags have a 1% chance of winning an Owl, and it will only happen if we get Tebow.

bionic77

10%? Best we can get is the divisional round? 1%?

Ok I can't argue with the Jags fan but the rest of you might be pussies. I am not a licensed physician but I am sure that rando or RBH can confirm if there is any doubt.

LQX

Go Jiants. Cant wait to not see Geno on the field. Eli...has one more ring than his brother.

cajunator

Banned
10%? Best we can get is the divisional round? 1%?

Ok I can't argue with the Jags fan but the rest of you might be pussies. I am not a licensed physician but I am sure that rando or RBH can confirm if there is any doubt.

We replaced like 75% of the team. Im slightly delusional as a fan but I dont go full Kas.

Go Steelers!

Who is with me?

Our division's shit. 2 years of every team we send to the playoffs bouncing ASAP. I expect that trend to continue this year.

I give the Ravens 50% chance of being at least a team that keeps that trend going (the other if there is another will probably be yall or the Bengals, and if it's the latter there's a 0% chance it doesn't continue). If they miraculously don't bounce immediately, I give them a 20% chance of making it to the AFC Championship. If they go to the Super Bowl after all that, fuck it, I think they win it all. But I give all of the above happening a 1% chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom