• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

TheMoon

Anyway to add all this level from the PC and be there when I boot the game? :p

Really don't have the courage to write all these codes in my Wii U

It's fairly quick, considering that right now most levels still have the sequence 0000-001.. in the middle.

KDR_11k

The IDs seem to be sequential except for the first block which seems to be a checksum. So given the current number there are about 2 million levels uploaded already.

Jrmint

I'm proud of this level, feels like it could be in a real game. Let me know what you guys think.

midgame level
3B2D-0000-001F-F57E

Imagine the world where the Wii U launched with this game and the system was called the Wii 2 instead.

We'd be looking at a very different console race.

Made a new level. Feedback is appreciated. :)

Mario in Adventure World
9BA5-0000-001F-759C
WVW69iYHQUwtUGBF-s

Classic Mario World-style level with different paths and underground sections. It's lengthy and the difficulty is medium to hard. Can you find all three 1Ups?

You must've played a very different SMW!

So is there any reason to go up that vertical blue skull path in the (first?) underground area, I had to shrink down to small mario to get up there where I found an abandoned track/rail and two pits either side that I lobbed myself down.

Well I beat it but I think there's still quarter of this level I've yet to see lurking underground.

Naar

This game is filled with sadistic fucks :(!

Some of those levels, my god!!!

I went and made a level and called it short, fun, and easy in retaliation lol

I dont mind the crazy levels, but the crazy ones far outweigh the nice creative ones.

Its like everyone bought the game and is thinking of the best way to kill and/or frustrate people lol

Sanic

I realize this is a minor complaint, but as someone who has put a lot of time into NSMBU, it's very obvious and jarring that all of the objects are poorly animated sprites instead of models. It really puts me off from making levels with that theme.

I played a nutty course last night which 100% relied on keeping a few Kameks alive to destroy some blocks so I could get through. Of course three-fourths of the course was deceptions to keep me from learning that was the only way.

Took me over an hour to finally do it.

BriGuy

I dont mind the crazy levels, but the crazy ones far outweigh the nice creative ones.

Its like everyone bought the game and is thinking of the best way to kill and/or frustrate people lol
I know, it's exactly what I feared would happen. That said, I imagine within a few months time we'll have a stable of some really creative, Nintendo-caliber levels to download and play. We just need time for them to get made and separate from the chaff.

New course:
Classic Ghost Mansion: 00A2-0000-001F-E073

SMW style
Had a spiny skewer my arse popping out the final pipe in front of the goal post, too disgruntled to go again! I'll just say I beat it.

I'm proud of this level, feels like it could be in a real game. Let me know what you guys think.

midgame level
3B2D-0000-001F-F57E
Slipped off at the very end but salvaged my life with wall jumps, SAFE.

I think both of these stages offer some good jumping work outs, they're just a bit barren feeling if you get what I mean.
That's kinda useless feedback I know, I suppose I'm saying there could be more gimmicks and mechanisms in place to spice up the level design?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Here's the first course I made, Bloopers Away. I don't think it should be too hard, although it should scare people at first. Let me know what you think!

5769-0000-0020-1329

Jrmint

Slipped off at the very end but salvaged my life with wall jumps, SAFE.

I think both of these stages offer some good jumping work outs, they're just a bit barren feeling if you get what I mean.
That's kinda useless feedback I know, I suppose I'm saying there could be more gimmicks and mechanisms in place to spice up the level design?

No, that's cool man, thanks! Any specific ideas? I don't want to make it too crazy, my idea was to make it slightly challenging, but fair.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
New Course: Vertical Alignment

40AE-0000-0020-0D5F

Let me know what you all think!

It's a decent course and I had fun playing it. However I'm not a fan of not being able to see the moving platforms while going down the pipe. At least in one case I happened to fall right through the moving platform towards the end. Also I'm not sure whether it's intentional, but you can basically skip the bullet bills entirely if you use the spin jump.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm keeping a running list of my levels. I want more tools...

Careful Landings
8D2B-0000-0019-E55C

Twist And Soar
E12C-0000-001A-3C17

Little Island Up Above
1EB8-0000-0020-2D5D

cloudyy

Been doing some small and vertical SMB style courses:

1572-0000-0015-CFAD
6D89-0000-0016-91B4
12E8-0000-0017-006A
48C4-0000-0018-E93D
A2D9-0000-001B-32E7
4939-0000-001F-1C47

They all have under 10% clear rate for now...

sonto340

I know, it's exactly what I feared would happen. That said, I imagine within a few months time we'll have a stable of some really creative, Nintendo-caliber levels to download and play. We just need time for them to get made and separate from the chaff.
The problem is I think the community wants that crap.
They saw their favorite YouTuber play Kaizo and its "omg so hard lmao" and they want to over react about how hard it is and its worse than <insert super Mario frustration reference here>
Barf.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Had to reupload it:
A52D-0000-0020-2116

I like what you were trying to do with the initial Big Boo part, but I feel like it's really easy to get that Boo off screen.

Secondly, I feel like it takes a while for folks to know how to get around those ghosts in the middle with the moving platforms.

Also, the vines seem a little bit cheap the first time, because you have very little of a hint that the platform is going to fall and you'll need to jump (you can't see the vines when on the stable platforms on the left).

I do think that last part up until the flag with the spinies was quite well done though :).

No, that's cool man, thanks! Any specific ideas? I don't want to make it too crazy, my idea was to make it slightly challenging, but fair.

I think it just ends too soon really, it starts ramping up and then bam, flagpole.
I suppose I could add at a stretch...
- The mushroom block and fire flower are close enough together that it's easier to just skip the shroom seeing as that stalker paragoomba can make trying to get to the first ? block a waiting game.
- The group of spinies don't amount to much, by the time you reach them they've waltzed off the stage anyway.

So people have liked my Ghost House level, so thought I would share it.
Big Boo Tricks: 7309-0000-0019-7F54
Fairly easy if you don't fall for the tricks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Courtesy of GameFAQs. Works like a charm.

1.) Place every New object you have at least once. Go ahead and visit new themes too. I'm not sure if this helps, but you may as well experience and play around with all your new tools while waiting, because there IS a waiting period between unlocks. Bear in mind that while the unlocks ARE still locked by a period of playtime, IDLING WILL NOT WORK (or is at least less effective). Just actively mess around in the editor while you wait, that's why you bought the game - it's freaking fun. :D

2.) Eventually, you'll get a message saying new tools will be available on (tomorrow's date). But we won't stand for time locks, will we?

3.) Place a large square of blocks. ? Blocks, Brick blocks, whatever you feel like.

4.) Hold L to enter Multi-Grab Mode and highlight the biggest chunk of Blocks you can.

5.) Hold ZL to enter Copy Mode and Copy these blocks everywhere. About 5 times might do it.

6.) Release ZL. You should hear truck noises, followed by an early shipment unlock process.

7.) Repeat until everything's unlocked ;D

Two levels from my time with the game today, both trying to just be regular, enjoyable levels. I've changed em a little since, but you can't overwrite uploaded levels? Do you have to delete and reupload?

Lift fun - 85AB-0000-001E-46D0 (22% clear rate atm)
Springshell - 6C07-0000-001D-9325 (57% clear rate atm)

Need to work the most on my level names lol

So people have liked my Ghost House level, so thought I would share it.
Big Boo Tricks: 7309-0000-0019-7F54
Fairly easy if you don't fall for the tricks.

Using the powers of instinct I avoided all tricks and took the right doors first time round *smug*.
Well kind of, I mean I bonked my head going for the flagpole so that was one trick I suppose.

jiggles

Banned
Last one for now. I just made a full length course with no gimmicks. Just platforming fun. It's not tough, it's

Easy Breezy - 7D9D-0000-0020-6005

Jrmint

I think it just ends too soon really, it starts ramping up and then bam, flagpole.
I suppose I could add at a stretch...
- The mushroom block and fire flower are close enough together that it's easier to just skip the shroom seeing as that stalker paragoomba can make trying to get to the first ? block a waiting game.
- The group of spinies don't amount to much, by the time you reach them they've waltzed off the stage anyway.
Thanks again, I'll look at adding that stuff.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Last one for now. I just made a full length course with no gimmicks. Just platforming fun. It's not tough, it's

Easy Breezy - 7D9D-0000-0020-6005

I like it, easy, but plenty of stuff to do. I just noticed some of the moving platforms move a little too far to the left.

KraytarJ

My first castle course and third overall. It was done with half the tools unlocked. If anyone is looking so for a challenge, and to maybe give feedback, feel free to give it a go. So far the completion rate is 3/71 so you've been warned.

Maybe not safe?
id: C8B9-0000-0018-0515

Now that I feel successfully like a villain with all this critiquing time for people to give me a taste of my own medicine, well sort of, I can't say I plan to revisit this stage unless there's anything particularly glaring but I just had to check out the SMB1 Ghost House theme.

Creaky Coin Cabin: 7BA8-0000-0020-834C

I tried to make this compact like an actual interior (you know, with a few bottomless pits to the basement of death I presume) so you can spy some hazards before you reach them.

Otherwise it's pretty straightforward, honestly if you die it's most likely by the floor bound boos near the start because those gits are kinda unpredictable in where they'll pop up I find.
I do like how the theme and music remind me of Game Boy ghost stages like those in SML2/WL2 for instance, that funky 8-Bit tune.

KeRaSh

Really liked that one. But you can shortcut this pretty easily with the shells at the beginning. ;)

Your second level is also really good.

Oh wow, didn't even think about that! Thanks for the heads up. Do you lose stars when you delete a level?

OmegaDL50

To all aspiring level creators who have a Playfire account (Associated with Green Man Gaming)

There is a competition being held until October 2nd for levels to be judged by the Playfire Staff.

The 1st Place winner wins a copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, 2nd and 3rd Place runner ups get the Virtual Console version of the original Super Mario Bros.

If you think you can turn that inner creativity into something worthwhile to win a cool prize, create the best level you can and enter the competition.

Details in this link here - https://forums.playfire.com/general-discussion/thread/124567

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How do you guys post that little blurred screenshot from your level? I know it comes from the small preview picture when looking at your stage from the game, but do you upload that?

Top Bottom