• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia now published by Ignition, coming Summer 2010

jay

shidoshi said:
Uhh... forget stuff like Fragile and Ju-on and whatever, just in the past couple of weeks, XSEED released both Wizard of Oz and Half-Minute Hero, and previously they also brought us over Avalon Code and Wild Arms XF. You have to be pretty daring to shit on all of those games if that's what you're going to do.

He's not going to, he has already done it and to top things off he didn't even understand my sarcasm. What an asshole.

duckroll

shidoshi said:
Uhh... forget stuff like Fragile and Ju-on and whatever, just in the past couple of weeks, XSEED released both Wizard of Oz and Half-Minute Hero, and previously they also brought us over Avalon Code and Wild Arms XF. You have to be pretty daring to shit on all of those games if that's what you're going to do.

Yes, outside of Wild Arms XF, I think those games are all shit. Honestly. Not daring at all, I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. :p

jay said:
He's not going to, he has already done it and to top things off he didn't even understand my sarcasm. What an asshole.

Did you just call me an asshole for not liking a bunch of games? :lol

mollipen

duckroll said:
Yes, outside of Wild Arms XF, I think those games are all shit. Honestly. Not daring at all, I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. :p

And here I always thought you were a decent guy with decent tastes. *shakes head*

jay

duckroll said:
Did you just call me an asshole for not liking a bunch of games? :lol

No, I called you an asshole for not getting my joke. And now you did it again. God I hate you.

duckroll

shidoshi said:
And here I always thought you were a decent guy with decent tastes. *shakes head*

Okay since you're so adamant on proving a point let's look at it this way:

Wizard of OZ - This is an awfully traditional RPG which brings NOTHING new to the table aside from using the touch screen to control the character like a trackball. A control scheme which most people who have played it say deters from the actual game as opposed to traditional controls. The story is loosely based on Wizard of OZ, something I don't really care for at all. The game also does not feature giant robots, unfortunately.

Avalon Code - An action RPG with invincible bosses you have to "break" using alchemy formulas on the touch screen before they can be injured. Even after this they have a ton of HP and it takes quite a bit of mashing to take them down. The story doesn't seem very interesting to me at all, and once again there are no giant robots.

Half-Minute Hero - I've actually played all the demos for this one, and I simply do not enjoy the gameplay at all. I don't like the idea of playing a puzzle style game which pretends to be a RPG, while under a limited time constrain. I would have considered giving it a chance if there were giant robots, but alas there are none to be found.

So yeah, they're all shit to me. Sorry.

Firestorm

duckroll said:
There's an English opening theme, I think it's definitely coming.
Yeah, I don't see why they'd do an English version of the game's OP and not the full song unless there was going to be an English release of the game.

Solune

duckroll said:

Haha it appears that way, I must've thought that way since you had started the thread.
In any case.

duckroll said:

Wizard of OZ - This is an awfully traditional RPG which brings NOTHING new to the table aside from using the touch screen to control the character like a trackball. A control scheme which most people who have played it say deters from the actual game as opposed to traditional controls. The story is loosely based on Wizard of OZ, something I don't really care for at all. The game also does not feature giant robots, unfortunately.

Avalon Code - An action RPG with invincible bosses you have to "break" using alchemy formulas on the touch screen before they can be injured. Even after this they have a ton of HP and it takes quite a bit of mashing to take them down. The story doesn't seem very interesting to me at all, and once again there are no giant robots.

Half-Minute Hero - I've actually played all the demos for this one, and I simply do not enjoy the gameplay at all. I don't like the idea of playing a puzzle style game which pretends to be a RPG, while under a limited time constrain. I would have considered giving it a chance if there were giant robots, but alas there are none to be found.

I WILL remember that you like giant robots at least =).

As long as there is an English dub I don't care who does it really. So good to hear its confirmed, better stick to those guns Ignition!

Other than the long stupid wait (ugh been waiting forever for this game already) I'm still excited to play it. I do agree though it'll be crazy is stuff like ToG comes out before this. :(

Dunno what is up with Xseed, I know first one sold crap but I can't help but hate them cause no RGC2. ;(

I hope there's a fan-translation for it eventually, cause I don't think it'll ever be done officially. I wanna play it so bad. :(

Just curious, why did Atlus not do Muramasa?

duckroll said:
Now, now, I only claimed that for Lunar!

No, they chose not to localize RGC2. :)

Blame the people who didn't by Retro Game Challenge 1. I heard that Jimmy Soga is pretty pissed that XSEED can't bring over Retro Game Challenge 2 because people didn't buy the first one.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Conrad Link said:
Just curious, why did Atlus not do Muramasa?
Different publisher, Atlus USA doesn't usually step in when a games already has a publisher.

flamesofchaos said:
Blame the people who didn't by Retro Game Challenge 1. I heard that Jimmy Soga is pretty pissed that XSEED can't bring over Retro Game Challenge 2 because people didn't buy the first one.

Blame their shitty ad campaign.
Blame the terribly designed box art.
Blame the generic title that makes it sound less appealing than Intellivision Lives!

duckroll said:

I LOVE Wizard of Oz, so the Wizard of Oz game is a potential buy for me. Plus, it has the prettiest graphics I've seen thus far on DS.

XSEED has my undying love for bringing over Shadow Hearts: From the New World. The fact that they didn't market it at all is a damn shame, though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Anony said:
does LiquidSwords work for ignition?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DUAL-AUDIO THIS
LiquidSwords is Shane "Mangod" Bettenhausen.

Also, screw dual audio. Concentrate on getting good English voice actors and the Japanese voices can go to hell.

Quixzlizx

Htown said:

Also, screw dual audio. Concentrate on getting good English voice actors and the Japanese voices can go to hell.

While I prefer it when games are dual-audio, I feel spiteful joy when games have Japanese-only audio.

Htown said:

Isn't there an actual member called Man God? That's confusing.

And yeah, expecting a small company like Ignition to take the time and effort for dual audio is just asking for too much. Let's just hope they can get some pros. I'm not worried seeing as Lux-Pain surprisingly had some pretty big voice talent.

McNum

Nitpicking time! A little pet peewee of mine:

2yzhgci.jpg

"L'Arcs critical hit"

There's something about that that seems wrong to me. Not a native English speaker, but shouldn't that be "L'Arc's critical hit" or "L'Arc: Critical Hit" or something like that? I've seen this in a few games in the past, and it always bugs me. There must be some Japanese word construction where this sounds perfectly natural, but I'm not sure it works as well in English.

I'll withhold judgment for the rest of the game until I actually see and especially hear it in action.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
cosmicblizzard said:
Isn't there an actual member called Man God? That's confusing.

And yeah, expecting a small company like Ignition to take the time and effort for dual audio is just asking for too much. Let's just hope they can get some pros. I'm not worried seeing as Lux-Pain surprisingly had some pretty big voice talent.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Anyways summer sounds good, by then I might be caught up with all the winter/spring releases so I'll have time for another RPG.

Stage On

Frick, I am not happy about this. This game is taking bloody long enough as it is already. First it was supposted to come out this fall, then it got pushed to spring and now SUMMER just becuse it changed publishers? Give me a fricken break.

Still better late then never as the Wii is in dire need of more Rpgs. Hell this GEN is in dire need of more rpgs in general and I'll take what I can get

Why would you do that? said:
I don't care who does it, as long as it is in plain, legible English and (since it is an RPG) has English voice acting. I wouldn't expect anybody to not put English dialog in an RPG, even Ignition, despite the Muramasa thing.

I'm curious, though. I'm not knocking anybody here, but why do people like dual audio so much? I mean, is it really expected in an RPG? I haven't heard of any RPG that does this (edit: Sakura Wars does, I see), especially since they all most likely contain too much voice work to fit more than one language anyway.

Oh... Ignition, If this game has skits, and they're voiced, please do those also. Tales of Symphonia 2 was the only game that I wanted to watch each and every one of the skits, because they were voiced and therefore much more interesting, unlike most others in the series. If they're not voiced in the original game, I wouldn't knock you for not doing them, though.

It's simple. Like with anime the average english dub is ASS. I always play with the Japense audio track turned on when ever I have the option since the Orginally dub is usally better.

In my mind very few forced english tracks have worked well. Stuff like Tales of Vesperia was awesome but that was more the exeption then the rule. More often then not we get stuff closer to that one hillariously bad dub someone linked to ealier. Wooden, with out emotion and porly pronunced.

Frankly I'd be pissed if they took the Japanese track out of the game. As long as the TEXT in english and I can read it who needs an english dub anyhow?

McNum said:
Nitpicking time! A little pet peewee of mine:

2yzhgci.jpg

"L'Arcs critical hit"

There's something about that that seems wrong to me. Not a native English speaker, but shouldn't that be "L'Arc's critical hit" or "L'Arc: Critical Hit" or something like that? I've seen this in a few games in the past, and it always bugs me. There must be some Japanese word construction where this sounds perfectly natural, but I'm not sure it works as well in English.

I'll withhold judgment for the rest of the game until I actually see and especially hear it in action.
The term isn't being used to describe his action in general -- it's a general statement that the attack (regardless of who performs it) is a Critical hit. Same with "Miss" showing up in many jRPGs if you miss your attack. It is not a personalized statement, and works perfectly fine in English.

Kind of like I can tell you, "Stop" without saying "You stop." It's an imperative statement.

jay

ZephyrFate said:
The term isn't being used to describe his action in general -- it's a general statement that the attack (regardless of who performs it) is a Critical hit. Same with "Miss" showing up in many jRPGs if you miss your attack. It is not a personalized statement, and works perfectly fine in English.

Kind of like I can tell you, "Stop" without saying "You stop." It's an imperative statement.

I disagree. It sounds a little odd and I don't think calling it a general statement means it doesn't need an apostrophe.

"Critical hit!" sounds fine. "Jimmy miss!" does not.

Volcynika

Stage On said:
Frankly I'd be pissed if they took the Japanese track out of the game. As long as the TEXT in english and I can read it who needs an english dub anyhow?

Because some of us don't care about some crap JP voice track and want the game in English both in text and VA, since it's the language we understand, and since that's the region the game is being localized for.

It's considerably irritating to always hear "who cares if it doesn't have an English dub if it has text lol." when the same people say keep the JP voice track in there. If anything, the English dub should have priority.

McNum

ZephyrFate said:

I'm not quite sure I understand. I'm not talking about the "Critical!" popup on the monster. I see those all the time in JRPGs. There's just something bugging me about the grammar of "L'arcs". It looks plural, but there's clearly only one L'arc in the battle. Especially since "L'arc" is colored, as in it's a significant word and the "s" isn't. I mean if there's a character limit and a later party member has a silly long name, I can see why, but I'd probably still swap the s for a colon. It sticks out to me as much as "Multipler" did in the old Sin and Punishment screenshots.

Geneijin

McNum said:
I'm not quite sure I understand. I'm not talking about the "Critical!" popup on the monster. I see those all the time in JRPGs. There's just something bugging me about the grammar of "L'arcs". It looks plural, but there's clearly only one L'arc in the battle. Especially since "L'arc" is colored, as in it's a significant word and the "s" isn't. I mean if there's a character limit and a later party member has a silly long name, I can see why, but I'd probably still swap the s for a colon. It sticks out to me as much as "Multipler" did in the old Sin and Punishment screenshots.

I think you're referring to punctuation, right? I see what you mean. Because character name and word are differentiated by color, it makes that odd grammar stick out more than it has to. Would you have preferred it being something like " L'Arc critical hits!" all in one color for example?

jay

Geneijin said:
I think you're referring to punctuation, right? I see what you mean. Because character name and word are differentiated by color, it makes that odd grammar stick out more than it has to. Would you have preferred it being something like " L'Arc critical hits!" all in one color for example?

I get that it's a game and so specialized butchered English is acceptable, but "critical hits" isn't a verb. Someone cannot critical hit, they can land, score, make, etc a critical hit or even perhaps hit critically. If critical is acting as an adverb the simplest solution may be to say something critically hits.

MotherFan

Quixzlizx said:
While I prefer it when games are dual-audio , I feel spiteful joy when games have Japanese-only audio.

You know, I think I like the Sakura Wars style dual-audio too. I can buy the game and then sell the Japanese voice disk to cover the price!

Geneijin

jay said:
I get that it's a game and so specialized butchered English is acceptable, but "critical hits" isn't a verb. Someone cannot critical hit, they can land, score, make, etc a critical hit or even perhaps hit critically.

Oh, whoops. :lol

Edit: Ahh, I see. Yeah, the apostrophe was what I was thinking about too. Not sure why I thought of critical hits.

ethelred

ZephyrFate said:
I LOVE Wizard of Oz, so the Wizard of Oz game is a potential buy for me. Plus, it has the prettiest graphics I've seen thus far on DS.

XSEED has my undying love for bringing over Shadow Hearts: From the New World. The fact that they didn't market it at all is a damn shame, though.

I like the Wizard of Oz books quite a bit, and the overall mythology of the world. I also loved Return to Oz, which was one of my absolute favorite movies as a kid. But from what I've read, it seems like the Oz RPG just takes too many liberties and doesn't really feel anything at all like an Oz game, and the trackball thing doesn't seem to be that good, and the gameplay sounds fairly poor overall. It's not that all of this stuff is XSEED's fault, but...

I'm pretty pleased with them having localized Shadow Hearts 3 (even if it's overall my least favorite game in the series), Little King's Story, and especially Retro Game Challenge. I'm also glad they brought over the Wild ARMs games even though I'm consistently underwhelmed by those and I need to just stop buying them because they're never going to be as good as the first two again. And I think they did a great job with Brave Story.

But it's hard to deny that they've been on quite a roll lately in terms of failures and setbacks, from the big drop in the overall quality of the projects they chose to release here to the Lunar/GaijinWorks controversy to losing two pretty big projects to another publisher. I mean, prior to XSEED, I have literally never seen an instance where a Japanese publisher has had to say in public "okay, you're no longer up to the task of localizing this game we've already announced together" and switches it to a different pub. Let alone twice. Their sales have also been... less than impressive, and it doesn't seem like they've figured out how to make it in the same sort of niche that companies like Atlus and NISA have worked out for themselves. I'm not Ducky; I'm not a seething fount of hate. I'd always rather have more companies localizing the niche games that I enjoy than less. But like I said, this one in particular is in a pretty troubling place of late.

Stage On said:
It's simple. Like with anime the average english dub is ASS. I always play with the Japense audio track turned on when ever I have the option since the Orginally dub is usally better.

In my mind very few forced english tracks have worked well. Stuff like Tales of Vesperia was awesome but that was more the exeption then the rule. More often then not we get stuff closer to that one hillariously bad dub someone linked to ealier. Wooden, with out emotion and porly pronunced.

The idea that the average game localization has assy voice acting is so 1999. I'm at the point of just laughing at the idiots that say this kind of stuff, because in general, most big RPG localizations these days have wonderful voice work and it really adds a lot to the experience. The voice acting done in most Square Enix games is great (especially FF12 and DQ8, but even lesser projects like DQS or FF4); the voice acting done for 8-4's projects (such as the recent Tales games and Baten Kaitos Origins) is, too. Lost Odyssey had very good voice acting, and so did Last Remnant outside of Johnny Yong Bosch. Atlus does a great job with its games, too, in the voice arena. Valkyrie of the Battlefield had a stellar voice cast.

These days, the bad dubs are the exception, not the rule, and the people that keep on insisting otherwise just make themselves look like silly blokes with "if it's Japanese it must be better" blinders.

Stage On said:

It's an English language release, so going along with the English language text should be English language dialogue. It's something that most gamers expect of a full (rather than half-done) quality localization, and I for one am less likely to buy a game new if its presentation is so poor in comparison to what other games are offering me.

Thankfully Ignition's already said that they're not making the Muramasa mistake with this game.

ZephyrFate said:

No, the dude's right. "L'arcs critical hit" is atrocious grammar, and if that's one of the first things Ignition shows off after acquiring a new RPG from another publisher, it's kind of troubling. You expect the first English screens to be a best foot forward kind of thing, like how someone spruces up for a first date.

Geneijin said:

In addition to what Jay said, the text doesn't say "critical hits." It says "critical hit." As in "This guy are sick."

jay

Nevermind, you edited your post.

I'm not sure why they don't just use actual sentences to describe the action.

Geneijin

ethelred said:
In addition to what Jay said, the text doesn't say "critical hits." It says "critical hit." As in "This guy are sick."

I gave a bad example. Jay corrected my mistake.

jay said:
Nevermind, you edited your post.

I'm not sure why they don't just use actual sentences to describe the action.

Same. I personally would prefer "Character(name) critically hits monster(name)"

B.K.

NeoZylom said:
What's next Xseed? You will drop Fragile right?

They didn't drop Arc Rise Fantasia. It was taken away from them by Marvelous. Ignition offered Marvelous more money and they took it from XSEED and gave it to them.

After hearing the news I contacted Ken Berry, Director of Publishing at Xseed.

"Xseed Games is no longer involved with Arc Rise Fantasia,” Berry stated. “The decision from Marvelous Entertainment, Inc, to re-license the US release to another publisher was driven by Marvelous’ business decision to increase its overall profitability. Marvelous and Xseed have greatly enjoyed working together to deliver great titles to the US market, and look forward to continuing the opportunity with upcoming titles.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/22/xseed-comments-on-arc-rise-fantasia-publisher-change/

Quixzlizx

MotherFan said:
You know, I think I like the Sakura Wars style dual-audio too. I can buy the game and then sell the Japanese voice disk to cover the price!

You should do that if you hate JRPGs, since that will ensure that less of them are localized at all.

jay

Strategic Partnership Further Establishes Marvelous Entertainment Publishing Presence as Companies Join Forces to Bring to Market Popular Japanese Video Games

I assumed that agreement meant more than it clearly did.

MotherFan

Quixzlizx said:
You should do that if you hate JRPGs, since that will ensure that less of them are localized at all.

Its not my job to come up with a way for them to make money with these localizations. I buy the game and if it has an additional language disc I sell it on ebay to someone who does want it.

What they need to do is have good English localization on these projects and make that the focus. A good localization goes a long way in getting more sales. Because once you get a bad script or find out that the will be no English voices you lose a good margin of your sales. Interest falls off. If you do this step right then your set.

As for the Japanese voices in the localized games, if they fit on the disc put them in and if they do not leave them out. We don't need to have disc swapping caused by dual tracks, or even having them give us two full copies one with each language. The last one will lead to lower sales as people will be either selling the English copy or the Japanese copy on ebay. That's what I would do as I have no need of the Japanese copy.

Stage On

Volcynika said:
Because some of us don't care about some crap JP voice track and want the game in English both in text and VA, since it's the language we understand, and since that's the region the game is being localized for.

It's considerably irritating to always hear "who cares if it doesn't have an English dub if it has text lol." when the same people say keep the JP voice track in there. If anything, the English dub should have priority.

Only if they can actually make the english version at least Veseria quailty which more often then not isn't the case.

Besides dubbing it in english isn't free. For a more niece title that extra cost could make a lot of difference if it gets localized at all. Sure a BIG game like FF13 that will sell well regardless can afford a dub but not having one would be a small price to pay in order to play something like Tales of innocence or Arc Rise Fantasia which aren't exactly going to light up the sales charts.

ethelred said:
The idea that the average game localization has assy voice acting is so 1999. I'm at the point of just laughing at the idiots that say this kind of stuff, because in general, most big RPG localizations these days have wonderful voice work and it really adds a lot to the experience. The voice acting done in most Square Enix games is great (especially FF12 and DQ8, but even lesser projects like DQS or FF4); the voice acting done for 8-4's projects (such as the recent Tales games and Baten Kaitos Origins) is, too. Lost Odyssey had very good voice acting, and so did Last Remnant outside of Johnny Yong Bosch. Atlus does a great job with its games, too, in the voice arena. Valkyrie of the Battlefield had a stellar voice cast.

These days, the bad dubs are the exception, not the rule, and the people that keep on insisting otherwise just make themselves look like silly blokes with "if it's Japanese it must be better" blinders.

For every Dragon quest 8 of Tales of Vesperia that's actually good, their are 4 stuff like Star Ocean The last hope which is absolutely attrocious ear bleeding bad. Of course The BIG stuff is going to be dubbed well since they can afford it but I have yet to see good dubbing across the board.

And just becuse "It's Japanse" dosn't always make it better. It's only becuse the average english dub sucks that it works out that way. Sometimes they equal out and once and a blue moon the english version is even better thought that's rare. If they could be more consistint with the "equal out" part I wouldn't mind listening to them in english more often.

MotherFan said:
As for the Japanese voices in the localized games, if they fit on the disc put them in and if they do not leave them out. We don't need to have disc swapping caused by dual tracks, or even having them give us two full copies one with each language. The last one will lead to lower sales as people will be either selling the English copy or the Japanese copy on ebay. That's what I would do as I have no need of the Japanese copy.

It's odd how they where able to do it so often in the past on ps2 but yet seem to have trouble with it now. You'd think with the progression of technology they'd be able to do something about that. If they can afford the dub the option to have it in it's orginal language should be preserved if at all possible.

What's wrong with disk swamping anyhow? It wasn't that annoying back in the ps1 days when you had 4 disks. Big woop if you have to get up for a few mintues it's a minor inconvenece at best.

Plus I'm pretty sure in the case of Sakura wars you need to have both disk of the game to make it work properly so selling one half of it might not be such a hot idea.

batbeg

Stage On said:
Only if they can actually make the english version at least Veseria quailty which more often then not isn't the case.

Besides dubbing it in english isn't free. For a more niece title that extra cost could make a lot of difference if it gets localized at all. Sure a BIG game like FF13 that will sell well regardless can afford a dub but not having one would be a small price to pay in order to play something like Tales of innocence or Arc Rise Fantasia which aren't exactly going to light up the sales charts.

Vic Ireland said the cost of dubbing is effectively the matter of a few thousand extra copies sold; almost negligible in the end, really.

Stage On said:
For every Dragon quest 8 of Tales of Vesperia that's actually good, their are 4 stuff like Star Ocean The last hope which is absolutely attrocious ear bleeding bad. Of course The BIG stuff is going to be dubbed well since they can afford it but I have yet to see good dubbing across the board.

Right. Well, except for you being completely wrong; aside from that small problem, you're totally right. Why is it you only named one game which was absolutely attrocious ear bleeding bad if there's 4 for each of the two you mentioned? I count you as 7 short here, sorry.

Stage On said:
And just becuse "It's Japanse" dosn't always make it better. It's only becuse the average english dub sucks that it works out that way.

And for those who feel the average Japanese dub sucks...?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
alright, i'm going to put it like this, dubbing a Japanese game for English release is like dubbing a French film for English release: unless it was made with both languages in mind, you don't do it, or AT THE VERY LEAST, you keep the original language as an option. with the original language, you get the original tone, intonation, and because of the nature of the voice acting industry in Japan, generally better quality talent, not to mention easier to tie to the original meaning to prevent things from falling out of context (i.e., translation created plot holes and semantic discussions about the original language). dubbs are really only for the least common denominator and should be treated as thus, as in not to the exclusion of the other. ARF was to have dual audio in the XseeD localization iirc, so if they exclude it, i'll be sore, for the same reason i would be sore if they had only English voices in the Persepolis film or the original German version of that film with the two chefs and the niece that got remade for America in the last few years who's name escapes me.

ethelred

doomed1 said:
alright, i'm going to put it like this, dubbing a Japanese game for English release is like dubbing a French film for English release: unless it was made with both languages in mind, you don't do it, or AT THE VERY LEAST, you keep the original language as an option. with the original language, you get the original tone, intonation, and because of the nature of the voice acting industry in Japan, generally better quality talent, not to mention easier to tie to the original meaning to prevent things from falling out of context (i.e., translation created plot holes and semantic discussions about the original language). dubbs are really only for the least common denominator and should be treated as thus, as in not to the exclusion of the other. ARF was to have dual audio in the XseeD localization iirc, so if they exclude it, i'll be sore, for the same reason i would be sore if they had only English voices in the Persepolis film or the original German version of that film with the two chefs and the niece that got remade for America in the last few years who's name escapes me.

This is a pointless debate to get into, but the bottom line is that video games are not the same as films and any analogy relies on a direct comparison between the two is built on top of failure; if you're going to release a video game in English then you need to provide the appropriate voice acting as well so that people can understand what's being said -- it's a basic expectation of a full localization. On top of that, if your concern is original meaning or translation plot holes then you need to learn the original language and play in the original text as well. But this has been hashed out so many times and I've said everything I intend to say on the subject before (such as here, here, here, here, and especially here).

I guess the only other thing I have to add is that it's kind of funny to see any huge proponent of the Wii, such as yourself, lambaste anyone else for being lowest common denominator. You don't get to be an ultra-cultured sophisticate whilst constantly trumpeting the system that Mario and Wii Fit built.

Stage On

Doomed1 said it best. The average english dub just can't get the emotional part of it right

A random list of bad dubs. They aren't all ear bleeding but they aren't exactly good either.

Blue dragon
Ar tonlico
Atelier Iris (The entire series in general on ps2)

Baten Kaitos (if they had stuck to the voices from the orginal trailer rather then changing them it might have worked out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvNP0A3XvXE&feature=related To this day my friends STILL make fun of the end "Xelha" )

Chaos wars
Grandia 3
Phantasy star universe

Voice acting should be more like Lunar. That got it right over a decade ago.

Top Bottom