• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia now published by Ignition, coming Summer 2010

duckroll said:
Would've sold a whole lot better if Atlus published it honestly.

This is true.

I still can't believe that ATLUS USA didn't want to publish the game nor vice-versa for Vanillaware. The game was a breakthrough hit for Atlus even becoming a "Greatest Hits" title.

ShockingAlberto said:
Okay, so let's assume Muramasa was a fantastic translation (when the best anyone could say about it is that they didn't fuck anything up majorly).

They've only done one major text focused game (comparable to ARF, at least) and it was a failure from virtually every perspective.

So they've done some fighting games, some puzzle games, a terribly translated graphic adventure, and a mildly competent sidescroller.

Man, I sure am excited they took on an RPG!

So in short because they've done ONE bad localization (mind you their first ever text game) this game will for sure suck.

ARF will assuredly be the most ambitious localization that Ignition has tackled to date, and I can guarantee that we won't allow another error-filled Lux-Pain scenario to unfold, nor will we leave the spoken dialog in Japanese with English subtitles. ARF will receive a full English localization, and we're sending a producer from our office to Japan to oversee the recording process.

I absolutely love JRPGs, and I'll do everything in my power to ensure that we handle image epoch's game with care.

Also, if you're a fan of the genre, don't forget about Tecmo/RED/Matrix's Nostalgia, shipping next week for Nintendo DS!

LiquidSwords said:
ARF will assuredly be the most ambitious localization that Ignition has tackled to date, and I can guarantee that we won't allow another error-filled Lux-Pain scenario to unfold, nor will we leave the spoken dialog in Japanese with English subtitles.

You'll have to pardon us for being so sceptical.

ARF will receive a full English localization, and we're sending a producer from our office to Japan to oversee the recording process.

You're recording the English voices in Japan?

I absolutely love JRPGs, and I'll do everything in my power to ensure that we handle image epoch's game with care.

Also, if you're a fan of the genre, don't forget about Tecmo/RED/Matrix's Nostalgia, shipping next week for Nintendo DS!

Hey, if I'm wrong I'll be happy to be that.

androvsky

LiquidSwords said:
ARF will assuredly be the most ambitious localization that Ignition has tackled to date, and I can guarantee that we won't allow another error-filled Lux-Pain scenario to unfold, nor will we leave the spoken dialog in Japanese with English subtitles. ARF will receive a full English localization, and we're sending a producer from our office to Japan to oversee the recording process.

The English dub is getting recorded in Japan? o_O

Akai

Darkpen said:
I'm still waiting for how people respond to Nostalgia before getting excited for this announcement.

Muramasa's translation (from what I heard to what I read in the subtitles) was a bit off, but at least it was put through spell-check...Not a bad job over-all...

Quixzlizx

LiquidSwords said:

Does that mean dual-audio, or English only?

Takao

Banned
If this game does get an English dub from Japan, I will buy four copies because it will be the most hilarious game of 2010 :lol

Quixzlizx said:
Does that mean dual-audio, or English only?
Given the presumed amount of dialogue in an RPG I'd say it would probably be difficult to fit two language tracks on a DVD(or Wii optical disk or whatever the hell they call those).

duckroll

LiquidSwords said:

If you're doing voice recording in Japan (lol?), maybe you can do localization in Japan too. Has 8-4 been considered for the actual localization job? They have shown tremendous talent in localizing Tales titles, and have worked on games created previously by the ARF staff.

duckroll

Magnus_Bulla said:
Given the presumed amount of dialogue in an RPG I'd say it would probably be difficult to fit two language tracks on a DVD(or Wii optical disk or whatever the hell they call those).

They could if they pull a Scamco and leave all the skits unvoiced! :lol

bon

dragonlife29 said:
Hm? What censorship?
There's a character with ample underboob, and XSEED gave her a slightly bigger shirt to cover some of it up. It's a pretty small and insignificant change, but it bugs me.

Macstorm

bon said:
There's a character with ample underboob, and XSEED gave her a slightly bigger shirt to cover some of it up. It's a pretty small and insignificant change, but it bugs me.
They didn't do that. That was changed in the Japanese release of Arc Rise before it even thought of coming to XSEED.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Magnus_Bulla said:
They could include 2 disks like NISA is with Sakura Wars... Yeah I know, wishful thinking on my part again.

I like options though, as long as the full localization is there. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Macstorm said:
They didn't do that. That was changed in the Japanese release of Arc Rise before it even thought of coming to XSEED.

Ignition should point out to Marvelous the powers underboob has on the west.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
wat.

Goddamnit! i was hopping for this game to be out by February in time for my birthday! i mean, it was SUPPOSED to release SIX MONTHS before that! and now i have to wait ANOTHER 6 months? FUCK. >:/

well, all i'm going to say is that for this wait the game BETTER have dual audio and BETTER have extras flying out of its ass, like alternate costumes, extra scenarious and weapons, etc, posters, artbooks, soundtracks, rainbows, and leprechaun gold...

FUCK. i'm still going to buy this regardless... ;_;

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
bon said:

You mean the pink haired woman Leslie? I thought that if for anything it was because of pressure from Marvelous.

Solune

duckroll said:
Now, now, I only claimed that for Lunar!

No, they chose not to localize RGC2. :)

Just curious duckroll, did you support them by getting Half Minute Hero?
I remember you had favorable impressions for the Japanese demo.

Dragona Akehi said:
Welp, I may as well import the JP version instead.
ROFL. NoA can't bring their own games over and with this it sucks that the Wii's lack of releases for RPGs is further impaired by these switches between publishers.

Olaeh

Damn, it just keeps getting pushed further and further back. Might be for the better though, so many other games coming out at the beginning of next year; It would have sold even less than it will in summer. Ignition though :\

MotherFan

Flying_Phoenix said:

Wow that is bad, sounds like it some fan dub done in the person's basement.

As for the two discs for Sakura Wars, is that two copies of the game they give you or do you have to swap discs at some point in the game?

Either way, I don't care if they keep the Japanese VA as an option as long as the English audio is done well and is unaffected.

Quixzlizx

MotherFan said:
Wow that is bad, sounds like it some fan dub done in the person's basement.

Basically. It was done by company employees to get around the SCEA English audio track requirement. The game also included the Japanese track.

*sigh* Another delay.

I just hope the localization is top notch, given how long we're going to wind up waiting for this game in English at this point.

RPGCrazied

geeze.. summer? FF 13 should be out next spring.

id rather play that :p Don't have a wii, I did read they wanted to bring this to 360, guess not.

batbeg

Unfortunately still not had the chance to play Muramasa (lol Europe, lol moving country) so I can't judge the quality of their text localization... will probably end up buying Nostalgia before I even get a chance to play it at this rate.

It's good to hear Shane confirm an English dub, as a Japanese only dub would confirm my pre-owned purchase. Don't quite understand the purpose of it being recorded in Japan, though...? Hopefully it isn't inconsistent with the dialogue, as I understand Lux-Pain was...

Will have to wait and see. Mostly just disappointed by the long time it's taking to make it, though :-/

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
What the hell is going on with XSeed?
This probably doesn't bode well for Arc Rise Fantasia.
Here's hoping Ignition doesn't skimp out on the localization.
Again.

kenji

were the new pics already posted?

the first english pics of the game

2yzhgci.jpg

6dzj1f.jpg

e96iom.jpg

2ebvj2p.jpg

24o6beg.jpg

20a7210.jpg

fco4jl.jpg

x42i4p.jpg

344ux08.jpg

20pxbaq.jpg

2mruwhw.jpg

8wwbye.jpg

i like the font used

wrowa

Dragona Akehi said:
You're recording the English voices in Japan?
Authenticity. Only real Japanese are able to voice a jRPG properly. It's the end of the era of mediocre English voice overs, instead we get awesome Japanese voice overs by real Japanese people, who - in an ideal situation - cannot even speak a single word English. Because of the authenticity. It's the revolution of the western jRPG gaming. Believe.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
MotherFan said:
As for the two discs for Sakura Wars, is that two copies of the game they give you or do you have to swap discs at some point in the game?

Either way, I don't care if they keep the Japanese VA as an option as long as the English audio is done well and is unaffected.
Essentially two copies of the game.

I don't know if this is a simple solution or not, but they could make it so you need both disks to create a proper save file the first time you start the game so people don't sell the other disk... I suppose this is the reason why including 2 disks for a game to have dual audio will never really be a feasible solution for the fans though.

Uh, okay. As long as it's done correctly then it doesn't really matter to me. Though XSEED has been acting sort of strange lately.

Is XSEED alright? If they are going to go under, can they at least go out with a bang and give us RGC2?

Scrubking

batbeg said:
Unfortunately still not had the chance to play Muramasa (lol Europe, lol moving country) so I can't judge the quality of their text localization...

It's pretty bad. A lot of times the characters will talk for a lengthy period of time and we'd get like three or four words of text to explain it all. Other times you can hear people's names with no mention of their name in the text or any idea that they are being talked about.

jay

Scrubking said:
It's pretty bad. A lot of times the characters will talk for a lengthy period of time and we'd get like three or four words of text to explain it all. Other times you can hear people's names with no mention of their name in the text or any idea that they are being talked about.

Yeah, but this time they promised to do a good job.

Firestorm said:
Finally! Been waiting forever for this to get localized.
Agree with this guy.

I don't care who does it, as long as it is in plain, legible English and (since it is an RPG) has English voice acting. I wouldn't expect anybody to not put English dialog in an RPG, even Ignition, despite the Muramasa thing.

I'm curious, though. I'm not knocking anybody here, but why do people like dual audio so much? I mean, is it really expected in an RPG? I haven't heard of any RPG that does this (edit: Sakura Wars does, I see), especially since they all most likely contain too much voice work to fit more than one language anyway.

Oh... Ignition, If this game has skits, and they're voiced, please do those also. Tales of Symphonia 2 was the only game that I wanted to watch each and every one of the skits, because they were voiced and therefore much more interesting, unlike most others in the series. If they're not voiced in the original game, I wouldn't knock you for not doing them, though.

mollipen

duckroll said:
No loss at all imo. Their only worthwhile existence so far has been publishing RGC. And since they passed on doing the sequel, they can close shop for all I care! :D

Uhh... forget stuff like Fragile and Ju-on and whatever, just in the past couple of weeks, XSEED released both Wizard of Oz and Half-Minute Hero, and previously they also brought us over Avalon Code and Wild Arms XF. You have to be pretty daring to shit on all of those games if that's what you're going to do.

Top Bottom