• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon 1-28

This is pretty cute. Instantly recognized the style as being the same mangaka for I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying, They are pretty good at these little bite sized manga.

Quonny

My Hero Academia Vol. 01

The beginning was a little rough but I liked it more as it went along. Art is really nice. The wide eyes and crazy hair are great. Strangely enough, I like Katsuki the best so far. He's such an ass, and his costume is mad awesome. I'm interested in the other characters, too, even if they are a bit stereotypical. As the first manga I've ever read, I'm pleased.

amidoingthisright

Droplet

My Hero Academia Vol. 01

The beginning was a little rough but I liked it more as it went along. Art is really nice. The wide eyes and crazy hair are great. Strangely enough, I like Katsuki the best so far. He's such an ass, and his costume is mad awesome. I'm interested in the other characters, too, even if they are a bit stereotypical. As the first manga I've ever read, I'm pleased.

amidoingthisright

Hero Academia is probably a great "first manga I've ever read", just from an objective standpoint. It's clearly based on Western superhero comics and movies, but the high school setting (taking the whole being in Japan thing out of the equation) and the characters are pretty manga without being too far out there.

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Is My Hobby Weird? ch3

eTUBfMC.png

Well, that's one way to ask for one's number.

They really make the perfect pair.

Kingdom ch457

It is nice of them top have a big success like this.... now Kyoukai just needs to 1up them by killing the enemy strategist
Also lol at Kayro Ten being hesitant to praise herself

Arabesque

I really hope Viz releases Diamond is Unbreakable in those gorgeous hardcovers. Disappointed they haven't announced them yet...

The reason why they haven't announced a Diamond is Unbreakable hardcovers is because their hardcover releases are all based on the JOJONIUM releases of each part, and there is no JOJONIUM for Part 4 as of now in Japan. The last one ended at Stardust Crusaders at volume 17.

My hope is that we get something close to a simultaneous digital release whenever they announce it in Japan. Probably won't be print for a while (because they don't want to make it too long) but getting it digitally would be nice.

So Nisekoi should be over next week right? I mean he realizes he's in "real" love with Chitoge. The only way this could possibly stay interesting is if next chapter Onodera asks Raku out and he says yes for some innane reason.

Not next week, but soon-ish. 10 more chapters would be my guess, but I suppose it will depend on how many characters Komi wants to focus on before the end.

She'll be a winner with people once Black Clover gets an anime

You know how it is, it's always the women who want to cut you up in your sleep.

I'm honestly sort of seeing Black Clover is a different light now by the end of the year. It still feels as derivative as a generic Shonen manga can be, but at the same time I think it found its footing for the past few months. It's not as bad as it started out.

So, what are the running guesses on how long Nisekoi has to go now?

Months ago, I guessed that it would end at around chapter 210 or 230 at a maximum I think. Given Raku's finally realised his feelings towards Chitoge this chapter, I think 10 more chapters will be enough.

Unless Komi does plan on giving Tsugumi her own arc, then it might get to 230. But the series is pretty much close to finishing.

I want a new manga but I don't know what to read ~~
I like romance stuff (shounen/seinen mostly, not fond of harem) and I never say no to some action... And since I'm a fast reader, I'm looking in a manga with 100+ chapters. Any recommendations ? :p

Here's my manga list, it's totally not updated but there are most manga I've read.

Last manga I've read are Erementar Gerad and Beck, I've liked both a lot (even if I had my doubt about Beck, since it's about music, but it's still a good story on paper).

Zweizer

Banned
I like romance stuff (shounen/seinen mostly, not fond of harem) and I never say no to some action... And since I'm a fast reader, I'm looking in a manga with 100+ chapters. Any recommendations ? :p

Here's my manga list, it's totally not updated but there are most manga I've read.

Last manga I've read are Erementar Gerad and Beck, I've liked both a lot (even if I had my doubt about Beck, since it's about music, but it's still a good story on paper).

Try some of Inio Asano's stuff, like Solanin and Goodnight Punpun (thought the former is kind of short). Boys on the Run might also be relevant to your interests. Tsugumomo is more action-oriented (and also more lewd), and Nana to Kaoru is just lewd, but features some great relationship depth and growth.

7 Seeds
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Yumekui Merry
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko!

mdubs

Banned

Horimiya, Cross Game, plus the Asano stuff

Try some of Inio Asano's stuff, like Solanin and Goodnight Punpun (thought the former is kind of short). Boys on the Run might also be relevant to your interests. Tsugumomo is more action-oriented (and also more lewd), and Nana to Kaoru is just lewd, but features some great relationship depth and growth.

I've read and liked Solanin and I've tried Goonight Punpun and boys on the run but dropped them. I think it was you who recommended them to me month ago haha

7 Seeds
Yumekui Merry
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko!

The only one I know is Tomo-chan wa onnanoko, I'm still reading and while the release are fast the chapters are only 1 page :'( That's why I hate 4 koma >< The mange itself is good tho.
I'll try the others, seems like my kind of stuff.

Thank you both :)

edit:
Horimiya, Cross Game, plus the Asano stuff
Yea I'm reading Horimiya, still need to catch up on the latest chapters tho (I'm at chap 55), I wonder if I should wait until it's finished the wait between chapters is killing me sometimes. Great manga as well.

Spiral the bonds of reasoning
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Assassination Classroom
Haikyuu
Ace of Diamond

Spiral the bonds of reasoning
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Assassination Classroom
Haikyuu
Ace of Diamond

Thanks, will check them out.
I've been warned about Tsubasa, like I need to read some others CLAMP stuff before this. Still don't know how the different manga are connected.
Oh and I didn't know that there is romance in Hakyuu, I thought it was mostly about sport. I'll look into it!

Aw, too bad.

Maybe Koharu no Hibi, The Music of Marie and Molester Man then?

They are a bit short but why not ^^ I think I've started Molester man long time ago.
Thanks

I've been warned about Tsubasa, like I need to read some others CLAMP stuff before this. Still don't know how the different manga are connected.
Oh and I didn't know that there is romance in Hakyuu, I thought it was mostly about sport. I'll look into it!

You dont really need to read other clamp stuff for tsubasa, I thought it stood well on its own.

Kurita

There's no romance in Haikyuu

Umibozu

Toumei Ningen Kyoutei 1
Kurokawa kyoubei is about to jump off a bridge and kill himself when he notices a woman standing next to him, which startles him and he slips off. In that instant he tries to grab the ledge he slipped off and the woman decides to help him up. She takes him to her place to help him get bandaged up and introduces herself as nanjou asumi. Turns out that they go to the same college. Nanjou says that he can stay at her place since he has no place to live. She tells kurokawa that he's an invisible man, claps her hands and goes about her business as if he's not there for the rest of the day. At first kurokawa thought she was interested in him but realises that isn't the case as she goes about her business as if he doesn't exist (eating, watching tv, changing clothes). He goes to sleep on her couch and is awoken the next day when she claps again and says he's no longer invisible; she says that an invisible man cannot be seen by her and others. Nanjou reiterates that he's an invisible man and asks what would he plan on doing with that power. Kurokawa is weirded out and is left trying to make sense of what has just been said to him.

Not a bad start. Personally it can go two different ways for me. The first, which is more boring but more likely, it could turn into an ecchi/adult scenario where he gropes and does weird stuff to ladies with some drama thrown in occasionally.
The second, it can turn into a psychological story where he goes about being ignored by society and deals with the issues of self worth and value within the world.
Will look forward to see how it progresses.

upandaway

Hmm it's tough to find good romance manga that are super-long, but in general, try out Biscuit Hammer and Akagami no Shirayukihime (and Haikyuu is really good)

VRMN

Boku Girl ch64

Still can't make up your mind, eh?
After that last page, Mizuki is a girl in mind as well as body as far as I'm concerned. That outfit and growing out her hair after admitting her feelings for Fujiwara have shifted...I think she's accepted her new gender, at least somewhat.

Zweizer

Banned
After that last page, Mizuki is a girl in mind as well as body as far as I'm concerned. That outfit and growing out her hair after admitting her feelings for Fujiwara have shifted...I think she's accepted her new gender, at least somewhat.

I hope so. I don't think I can take any more of Mizuki's pointless mental flip-flopping.

bobohoro

Keijo 69

Maybe they should switch opponents. I mean, there is one girl who would be pretty into girly tentacles.

Is my hobby weird? 3

D'awww. Asking for panties but too shy to get her number.

dumbyugi

These are completed action/romance series that I would recommend:
Busou Renkin
Flame of Recca
Chrno Crusade

TheFlow

Banned

since you are a fan of Pastel you should read :

Strawberry 100%

it basically shits on all other harems, while sill having a good ending for all the characters involved.

P.s I hate ecchi manga but, this is one of the few manga are a exception.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The worst harem I ever read is still I''s. Goddamn did that shit make me rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom