• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
IIRC JAST sold their translation to 5pb for the releases after PC, but kept the rights to the PC version.

On the basis they sold it, can't we assume their translation was legally theirs?

IIRC JAST sold their translation to 5pb for the releases after PC, but kept the rights to the PC version.

On the basis they sold it, can't we assume their translation was legally theirs?

I guess the contract JastUSA has with 5pb now (which in my experience with jap. companies) I guess 5pb now owns the translation...

Knurek

Beat and delete yo. Satisfaction guaranteed every time.

Looking back on that, it sounds like a creepy hotline slogan.

Have you played (and more importantly, finished) Pony Island?
Not saying anything else for fear of spoiling, but... You might want to.

The thing is, the only AA option is "ON/OFF".
That is unfortunate. Since you're not Nvidia you can't try forcing other AA. Hm, honestly though, on closer look models etc don't have unusual jaggies, it's the cell-shaded lines. Don't think AA would change that much. Maybe I look pedantic but in truth I love how the game looks in motion.
Aaaaand, finished firewatch.
Man, XCOM2 and now Firewatch. One could say you burn through games ;)

Cth

A little over an hour left on my Undertale giveaway..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194681058&postcount=6108

t1455059351z1.png

Hektor

That was quick..

It was a bit over 3 hours. That's like half of what the dev said. But well, i'm okay with that.

Game itself was cool, altho nothing truly special imho.

The wildness and the atmosphere was top notch, especially at the very beginning when the place is completely new to you, the banter was also very entertaining but the rest, mhm, the exploring isn't really there simply because the forest just isn't very big.

You've seen pretty much all of it in the first 1 - 1.5 hours and from there on out you're mostly just going to the same places again.

The story,
while thrilling for the most part also ended a bit meh.

I don't regret buying or playing it, but i wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend it either.

how long did it take you?

A bit over 3 hours.

Another tl;dr on this topic:
So basically this guy Torsten gamified your workplace to dangle a paid position in front of you to get more productivity while you're trying to make a better front end to work with, and when the whole thing backfires on him he gets 2 people let go and then Valve HR basically tells you (after doing 10 years of free work) to fuck off?

It really makes me feel that Valve really is how former employees describe it, like high school with cliques and people backstabbing.

That is unfortunate. Since you're not Nvidia you can't try forcing other AA. Hm, honestly though, on closer look models etc don't have unusual jaggies, it's the cell-shaded lines. Don't think AA would change that much. Maybe I look pedantic but in truth I love how the game looks in motion.

You can actually remove the contour, but the problem remains, since hairs, faces etc. still look strange:

Can someone tell me why Steam keeps redownloading ENTIRE games after copying a backup? Before, it would discover existing files then download the necessary patches but now it just redownloads the entire game.

I've searched and found a few "solutions" that didn't work at all for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cth, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cth, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-6519D13FE93F01CE - Taken by Ventara. 85 entrants total.

t1455059351z1.png

Naogaf is giving me a weird glitch. Many times each session on PC the window goes all the way to the top or bottom after entering a thread. It's super annoying as it loses my spot. It can happen when I click on a page number or the new posts arrow.

The intro made me fucking cry.

Damn you Jake, Chris & co! Remo's subtle soundtrack really adds a lot to it, especially in the intro, it tucked on my heartstrings.

Yeah, I can understand that.
I don't know if your choices (in the intro and in the dialogue) ultimately make any difference, and I'm not sure I care whether they do or not, but they do a damn good job of putting you in Henry's shoes

This has been one of the first games in a long while where I've been snapping off screenshots. Just the view from your lookout is amazing:

Too bad I have work tomorrow, as I'd love to finish it now, but it'll have to wait a little bit.

for those who have played some Firewatch what is the save situation like? how often does it autosave or can we manual save too?
There are frequent auto-saves, and you can save at any point as well.

Messiah

Naogaf is giving me a weird glitch. Many times each session on PC the window goes all the way to the top or bottom after entering a thread. It's super annoying as it loses my spot. It can happen when I click on a page number or the new posts arrow.

Apparently one of the ads causes this.

Bowlie

Banned
Those are manageable (took me, I dunno, 10-20 tries). Especially when compared to True Final Boss, which I simply couldn't reach most of my tries - that secret level is truly the Dark Souls of indie platformers.

Yeah, I couldn't reach it too :/

After giving up I saw someone going there and killing on the first try and got so maaad.

Not only spanish, italian too by reading the second post.

Another tl;dr on this topic:

It really makes me feel that Valve really is how former employees describe it, like high school with cliques and people backstabbing.

Same thing seems to have happened with the Italian team... just, wow

Others in that thread from different STS' are questioning, aren't sure this story though. So who knows.

Stall19

Well my haul for the lunar steam sale ends with Grim Fandango, Mark of the Ninja and Sonic Adventures 1 & 2. Figured it's best not to buy any super long game until I start getting into that backlog. Man I've only started PC gaming for a little over 2 months and I already have over 50 games on there. Yikes.

Valve would never agree to lessen the experience of their users just for monetary gain! Now, if Nvidia offered to make hats for them, that'd be something else.

Nvidia Exclusive CardWorks™, cards only drop for qualifying Nvidia GPU's! Sell those Cards on the Nvidia Exclusive MarketWorks™ to buy Nvidia Exclusive HatWorks™ for TF2Works™ and CSGOWorks™!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom