• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Annual Spring Sale begins March 20th

I had about $20 CAD of promotional credit to use up before the end of the week, and I was trying to decide if I'd see anything better than Halo 5 for $37.50, given that I could afford to wait for Halo 5 to drop further and there might have been something in the Spring sale I was interested in.

Good thing I bought Halo 5.

Noobcraft

How is Elite Dangerous on console?
It's pretty good if you like space Sims. I got it for $35 a while ago on XBL. One thing is it feels neglected by the devs compared to the PC version which is disappointing, and it doesn't have Horizons yet so no planetary landing.

Still though, I enjoy it. Running into a black hole was a near religious experience lol. Here are some screenshots I took while playing it:

screenshot-original-2yco3r.png

screenshot-original-1pcq6d.png

screenshot-original-6rljmr.png

screenshot-original-1ijj97.png

It's been improving.
Got to 64 cents USD, was rumored to tank even further to 59 cents USD, but increased to 75 cents USD for a few weeks. Hopefully the decoupling of the oil to our CAD continues and it may even reach 80 cents USD by summer.

You're right, I should be more positive that it's improving at a surprising pace, it's actually impressive, haha. However, I'm not sure how long it'll take to regulate again (like back in 08)

Having said that, I picked up Primal and it's downloading now.

Juanfp

I think it's great, though there is framerate hiccups. It also takes a while to get used to the controls.

It's pretty good if you like space Sims. I got it for $35 a while ago on XBL. One thing is it feels neglected by the devs compared to the PC version which is disappointing, and it doesn't have Horizons yet so no planetary landing.

Still though, I enjoy it. Running into a black hole was a near religious experience lol. Here are some screenshots I took while playing i:

Thanks, I think I will grab it.

Decent deals, but nothing I haven't played and want.

I need to recommend Toy Story 3 to those who are willing to give it a shot, though. It's a very solid game.

Good call, another vote for Toy Story 3. I picked it up a few months back and it is great fun. Seems like it may be a nice "poor man's" Disney Infinity option ... if you are okay with no figures and a singular Toy Story 3 theme. I suppose a similar theory can apply with picking up select LEGO game franchises versus Dimensions. (Full disclosure: I'm not overly familiar with Disney Infinity or LEGO Dimensions).

Was hoping Diablo III would have been cheaper than $30, it's been $30 every single sale for the past two years. Is Batman Arkham Knight worth the $24?

Chucker

Snagged RDR and TTT2 since we know they're for sure(right?) coming to BC due to the leak a while back.

On the fence for SSX and Skate 3.

shanafan

The comments about the sales on Twitter are ridiculous. It's like if the game is still more than $9.99, then it's a bad sale.

The next time I get a sales paper for a store, I am going to go there and announce outloud in the store that the sales are bad, and then storm out. I mean, that's basically the attitude on Twitter.

Oh well! I like the sale price on Advanced Warfare. I go between COD titles often, and to own them digitally without having to swap discs is pretty convenient.

krang

Not massively impressed, but I might have to get in on The Escapists bundle. Despite still having a huge backlog from the Christmas sale.

speedomodel

Are more games to be added or are we seeing all there is?

Have a few I might pick up, Red Dead is going BC so most likely will snag that.

Good call, another vote for Toy Story 3. I picked it up a few months back and it is great fun. Seems like it may be a nice "poor man's" Disney Infinity option ... if you are okay with no figures and a singular Toy Story 3 theme. I suppose a similar theory can apply with picking up select LEGO game franchises versus Dimensions. (Full disclosure: I'm not overly familiar with Disney Infinity or LEGO Dimensions).

I like Toy Story better than Disney Infinity. At least, DI2 and DI3.

RowdyReverb

Was hoping Diablo III would have been cheaper than $30, it's been $30 every single sale for the past two years. Is Batman Arkham Knight worth the $24?
Easily. I think most of the game's haters were upset by the shitty PC port, but it really is an amazing Batman game. Huge map, great atmosphere, fun challenges

flkraven

Are there daily deals?

Also, are we going to get any daily deals?

It weird that no one seems to have a solid answer for this question. I'm assuming that means there are no daily deals.

EDIT: no mention on MN blog about checking back for dailies. Likewise he said "Spring Sale starts March 22 – 28 with over 150 game deals up to 40-60% off, and some deals even more than 60%" and I count over 150 games listed. Pack it up folks, no more deals.

Kill3r7

It weird that no one seems to have a solid answer for this question. I'm assuming that means there are no daily deals.

EDIT: no mention on MN blog about checking back for dailies. Likewise he said "Spring Sale starts March 22 – 28 with over 150 game deals up to 40-60% off, and some deals even more than 60%" and I count over 150 games listed. Pack it up folks, no more deals.

Based on major nelson's post, there do not appear to be any daily deals during for the Spring Sale.

http://majornelson.com/2016/03/21/spring-sale-this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale/

speedomodel

On the fence about Murdered: Soul Suspect. Can anyone give it any positive impressions?

Also, are we going to get any daily deals?

I had a blast with Murdered Soul Suspect. Story is interesting with a great, creepy atmosphere throughout. Voice acting is so-so, story falls apart towards the end a bit. But the "open" area worlds is really well done and I actually enjoyed the interesting collectables hidden around.

BUT! literally a one and done game, no reason to go back. Got 100% of achievements in one playthrough, about 8 hours or so. But I got it under $10 and felt worth the money.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hope someone can share some advice.

Looking at buying GTAV digitally this week during the Xbox sales.

Do I need this in-game money? The base game is at the price I want to pay, but there is a more expensive that comes with 1.25 million dollars.

Is it easy to get that first million?
Or do I fork over the real world money for GTA money?

flkraven

Well this is the first time I am buying literally nothing during one of these sales. Same shit that is always on sale for the most part for the same sale prices as before. This doesn't feel special at all.

Flux

Hope someone can share some advice.

Looking at buying GTAV digitally this week during the Xbox sales.

Do I need this in-game money? The base game is at the price I want to pay, but there is a more expensive that comes with 1.25 million dollars.

Is it easy to get that first million?
Or do I fork over the real world money for GTA money?

No it's completely a cash grab from Rockstar. You are fine just buying the normal game and getting stuff online later.

I had a blast with Murdered Soul Suspect. Story is interesting with a great, creepy atmosphere throughout. Voice acting is so-so, story falls apart towards the end a bit. But the "open" area worlds is really well done and I actually enjoyed the interesting collectables hidden around.

BUT! literally a one and done game, no reason to go back. Got 100% of achievements in one playthrough, about 8 hours or so. But I got it under $10 and felt worth the money.

Cheers, think I'll pick it up :)

Juanfp

Has someone had problems buying in the store?
I can't buy anything, it just keeps loading and returns to the game page.

Well this is the first time I am buying literally nothing during one of these sales. Same shit that is always on sale for the most part for the same sale prices as before. This doesn't feel special at all.

I agree with you I'm seeing nothing that special for me.

Top Bottom