• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Annual Spring Sale begins March 20th

jbug617

Banned
Runs March 20th-March 28th
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/spring-sale
The annual Spring Sale returns! Save up to 40-60% on premium Xbox Store games for Xbox One and Xbox 360. Go Gold to save up to 10% more. This year you'll find deep discounts on Microsoft Movies and TV, video games from your favorite retailers, and great Xbox One console deals.

Want deals today? Join Gold now and get free games and exclusive discounts every month.

Credit to Lifelower for finding it on the Japan Xbox site.

edit: Here is the sales page
http://majornelson.com/2016/03/21/s...with-gold-and-spotlight-sale/?linkId=22534691

Awesome, looking to buy ori and maybe some 360 BC games. Do they ever put subscriptions on these sales? Like EA access

Definitely looking forward to this. I need to re-stock my quick games backlog. Hoping this will do the trick. Haven't bought anything on sale in months.

jbug617

Banned
http://majornelson.com/2016/03/18/s...299-and-a-week-of-game-deals/?linkId=22427981
Spring forward to great deals! The Xbox Spring Sale begins on March 20th, and we’re offering Xbox One consoles at a special $299 price for a limited time. That’s $50 off all Xbox One console bundles at participating retailers in the US including the Xbox One Tom Clancy’s The Division Bundle that launched this month, the Xbox One 500GB Name Your Game Bundle which lets you choose one of four great games, and even the upcoming Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle.

Then, starting on March 22 for one week only you can get great deals on digital Xbox games, PC games and Movies and TV from the Xbox Store. Save up to 40 to 60 percent off on games, with some at more than 60 percent off. The sale includes deals on top titles such as Fallout 4, Halo 5, Black Ops III, Far Cry Primal, Rainbow 6 Siege and over 150 offers. In addition, there will be deals on several backwards compatibility games such as Fallout 3 and Just Cause 2, now playable on Xbox One.

If you’ve been waiting to sign up for Xbox Live Gold, now is your chance to score a great deal. By going Gold, you’ll unlock an additional up to 10 percent discount on these game deals. Xbox Live Gold membership lets you play online with friends on the most advanced multiplayer network, and gives members up to $700 in free Games with Gold titles every year.

We’re not stopping with Xbox games, you can also get special offers on PC games like Hand of Fate, Leo’s Fortune, and Halo: Spartan Strike. Plus, there will be deals on hit Movies & TV shows such as The Martian, Straight Outta Compton, Sicario, Better Call Saul, and hundreds more.

With Xbox One console bundles starting at $299 for a limited time, and epic game discounts on the way such as $20 off select titles like Halo 5: Guardians, there’s never been a better time to pick up an Xbox One.

Visit the Spring Sale on Xbox.com/spring-sale where we’ll be updating offers throughout the week. You can also find all of the latest deals right here on my blog when they are released. Enjoy!

Megatron

I wonder how much far cry primal will be. Hopefully $20-30 but probably $40-50.
Its $50 at Best Buy next week. ($40 with GCU)

mulac

Not in Europe/Australia then?

Just grabbed Dishonored Definitive Edition for AUD20 today so i am absolutely not in a need for any new games...still...

amardilo

So isn't this supposed to start today?

I thought it was but the US Spring Sale web page mentions on the 20th March some games will be $20 off but from Tuesday 22nd March 150 games will be in the sale - http://www.xbox.com/en-us/spring-sale. The UK spring sale web page says the deals start on the 23rd March and only says discounts between 40%-60% - http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/spring-sale.

But sites like storeparser.com are showing games like Halo 5 are now 50% off (not sure if they were that price before though) - http://www.storeparser.com/en-GB/xbox-one/deals/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I hate when they say 'up to 40-60%'. Please choose either 'up to 60%' or '40-60%'. Clearly they want us to think it'll be the latter, but obviously it won't be

danowat

Banned
I hate when they say 'up to 40-60%'. Please choose either 'up to 60%' or '40-60%'. Clearly they want us to think it'll be the latter, but obviously it won't be
Marketing 101 - make things sound more impressive than they really are.

MS always has crappy sales especially when compared to Sony. So don't see why anyone would get excited. It's always the same crap every time.

Akai__

Do we have any time ETA on when this will go live?

MS always has crappy sales especially when compared to Sony. So don't see why anyone would get excited. It's always the same crap every time.

Gotta love when people do this. Keep your console wars bullshit out of this forum, thanks.

Even if it's true, there is literally no reason to mention it.

Vault 101

Would love some season passes to go on sale but probably not gonna happen.

Excited to see what they dish up. Especially in the BC department!

Caayn

Will check tonight for the deals, not going to F5 the day away.
Have you heard about our lord and savior, Sony?

Akai__

But sites like storeparser.com are showing games like Halo 5 are now 50% off (not sure if they were that price before though) - http://www.storeparser.com/en-GB/xbox-one/deals/

Halo 5 is off 50% because of the 2.5 Million $ Halo World Championship that is taking place this weekend.

Would love some season passes to go on sale but probably not gonna happen.

Excited to see what they dish up. Especially in the BC department!

Season Passes are always a gamble. Just depends on if the game is "old" enough.

JP

I would love a nice discount on Forza 6 and Halo 5 but that clearly isn't likely as they're probably still selling really well....maybe, possible.

Zombine

Banned
This is great! I finally have an external HD for my Xbox One, so I'm definitely going to splurge on some things if the prices is right.

GVA1987

Have to call BS on this one. Both have pretty decent sales when they're offered. There is literally no need to say this.

OT: Hoping for Halo Wars on sale and some other BC titles to add to my collection.

jesu

Don't know about that, last sale I got Saints Row 4, Gat Out Of Hell and both Metro games for about 14 quid minus whatever I had in my account from XBL rewards.

bede-x

Well, that doesn't matter much if what you're looking for is Xbox games.

Personally, I'll be quite happy if Gears3/Judgement are at least 50% off :)

Do we have any time ETA on when this will go live?

Gotta love when people do this. Keep your console wars bullshit out of this forum, thanks.

Even if it's true, there is literally no reason to mention it.

Will check tonight for the deals, not going to F5 the day away.
Have you heard about our lord and savior, Sony?

Its funny how you 2 label me as a Sony fanboy lol.

Have to call BS on this one. Both have pretty decent sales when they're offered. There is literally no need to say this.

OT: Hoping for Halo Wars on sale and some other BC titles to add to my collection.

Sorry, but no.

Don't know about that, last sale I got Saints Row 4, Gat Out Of Hell and both Metro games for about 14 quid minus whatever I had in my account from XBL rewards.

Sorry but I have to disagree. 95% of the time MS does a sale, it has the same titles that were on sale previously with the same publisher sales week in and week out. It's always a 2k, EA, Activision or Ubisoft sale. Their sales always lack variety.

Well, that doesn't matter much if what you're looking for is Xbox games.

Personally, I'll be quite happy if Gears3/Judgement are at least 50% off :)

Of course I'm looking for Xbox games, your reply makes no sense. My point is that MS sales always have the same titles while a bunch of other titles just linger around without ever being put on sale or have been discounted. It's almost alaways the same crap week in and week out. At least with Sony they mix it up, no matter how old the games are.

Head.spawn

Console Wars in a sale thread. Checking a thread for relevant info but it'll probably be List Wars time in a page or so.

You can't make this shit up.

gamz

Came for info on Xbox Sales and I'm reading sales warz with Sony. The OP needs to be updated. LOL.

Halo 5 sales is great and I wish the 10 bucks for Gears was on digital.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I would love a nice discount on Forza 6 and Halo 5 but that clearly isn't likely as they're probably still selling really well....maybe, possible.

No, you will get the same "buy Halo 5 and Forza 6 together and get a 30 % discount" bundle as last time. But like with all previous bundles for the bundle they will take the full price of each game and not the discounted ones like Halo 5 for 50 % off now.

jelly

I wish they would just put the whole lot on sale. Microsoft do good deals but often repetitive with other stuff hardly ever or never going on sale. They have a great catalogue on 360, shame they don't flaunt it.

Bessy67

I'm hoping that Halo Wars is part of this sale. I never played it on 360 but now that it's BC I'd like to give it a try before the sequel, and the current price of $20 is a bit much for a 7 year old game.

Top Bottom