• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Blu_LED said:
Wait so let me get this straight. Every single non-Slim PS3 in the world has just completely locked down, and won't let any user play games, of any sort.

This is insane.

No, it just locks out PSN games and anything with trophies. Personally, I'm left with... Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction and... Nope, that's it.

DMasta718

Banned
Holy shit. Good thing I jumped on GAF because i was just raging just now!

So from what I'm gathering, all OG PS3's can't connect on PSN?

Massa

Blu_LED said:
Wait so let me get this straight. Every single non-Slim PS3 in the world has just completely locked down, and won't let any user play games, of any sort.

This is insane.

It's not every "old" PS3.

I don't care about my trophy stuff (I know a lot of you do though), I'm worried about my game saves. Especially Heavy Rain since Ive only played it 2x and would hate to have to start over.

RavenFox

Banned
Razor210 said:
Seems to be an unavoidable date/time problem.

I think Sony's more worried about the supposed 50% of PS3 owners who have never connected their consoles to the internet who may be the proud owners of bricks right now.
Holy Shit your right. Damn what a fuck up.

Razor210

Y2Kev said:
It can't be. I just played Ratchet for two hours with no issues. The only game that won't work seems to be Heavy Rain.
I saw in the Joystiq comments one guy who can't play RnC offline right now.

It seems to affect every game with trophies.

Red Scarlet said:
I don't know anything about what's going on, just that he asked for a title update and what it should be, as well as some of the problems. He asked me to add this link to the op:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/28/psn-is-down-some-titles-experiencing-game-crashing-errors/

Change the OP to:

DO NOT TURN ON YOUR PS3! YOU WILL CORRUPT EVERYTHING YOU DOWNLOADED FROM PSN, AND WILL MESS UP TROPHIES IF YOU DO! WAIT FOR AN OFFICIAL UPDATE BY SONY REGARDING THE FIX!

Dementia

chubigans said:
DMPrince is right- my PS3 80GB with no PS2 BC works fine. No calendar bug, signed into PSN.

So it seems all PS3s w/o BC are safe?
No, I have an 80GB non-BC PS3 and I can't do shit. Can't sign into PSN, dynamic themes are "corrupted," 12 out of 15 PSN games won't start and the other 3 think I only have the demo version, and most retail disks won't play.

Meh.

:/

kadotsu

Banned
Could people post their model numbers with a quick works/fucked so I can stop being paronoid about turning on my PS3 please!

My model # is CECHG04

Someone who is on right now, check if the system will allow you to try upgrade the firmware. This is probably going to be very important.

Erebus

LCfiner said:
damn, should I run down and buy a slim immediately? :lol

:(

I was playing a DVD earlier today. I really hope I don’t lose any game progress when I check those out later this week. I really want to get through Heavy Rain this week.
Hell, no! That's what Sony expects us to do.

kamspy

I'm shooting for a Slim upgrade and a copy of The Show MLB 10 when I send my complaint. :D

This is actually great. There's no way we're walking away from this without free swag.

TTP said:
Damn, I lost all my MGS4 trophies :/
My heart skipped a beat.

But if this is truly a calendar bug and prevents PS3's from connecting to PSN for updates, won't Sony will be royally f****d then? I mean if the firmware can only be given server side...

Narcosis

Washington State, USA
60gig launch-era unit
Can't even play stuff like Heavy Rain offline. I even went so far as to manually disconnect the internet capability, manually set the clock to 3/1 and uninstall my 1.01 and 4000+MB data file for the game and I get the damned error.

fuck you trophies, fuck you calender system, fuck you sony

i want to play videogames, and i want to play now *cries*

60gb launch console, UK

Woah, just checked twitter before going to bed and saw a bunch of people posting about this. I come on to GAF to see what's happening and see this thread.

I was going to borrow my friend's fat PS3 tonight to play Heavy Rain, glad I didn't now.

kadotsu said:
Could people post their model numbers with a quick works/fucked so I can stop being paronoid about turning on my PS3 please!

It's somewhat random.

My launch 60GB is working fine.
Chubigan's 60GB is not working.

Chubigan's 80GB is working fine.
Someone else's 80GB is not working.

So is there anyone disconnected all internet cables, network connections disabled before turning on their PS3? If you did this I assume yours would work fine. It had to attempt to log in to have this screw up occur correct?

Since this is not PSN related but an OS issue, how about those people without an internet connected PS3? They would be affected by this as well, but they won't have access to an immediate firmware update through the internet to fix it meaning they could be days/weeks/months/etc without a functiong PS3. Can the PS3 be updated through a memory stick or other means of downloading?

Regardless this is going to be a severe issue.

shagg_187 said:
Change the OP to:

DO NOT TURN ON YOUR PS3! YOU WILL CORRUPT EVERYTHING YOU DOWNLOADED FROM PSN, AND WILL MESS UP TROPHIES IF YOU DO! WAIT FOR AN OFFICIAL UPDATE BY SONY REGARDING THE FIX!
Well, that would just be a lie.

LCfiner

If this ends up being a friggin leap year related bug, I won’t be able to stop shaking my head at the craziness if it all. first that MS Zune day-long freeze a couple years ago and then, potentially, this PS3 OS screw up.

revenge of the leap year!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
was reading about the similar issue MS had with Zune last year and noticed this:

Microsoft expected the problem to clear up as the clocks ticked over to Jan. 1, though users will have to jump through some hoops to get their Zunes back to normal, including letting the batteries die down completely before the devices will restart successfully.

I wonder if removing the clock battery while the systems is unplugged as well could fix this.

Y2Kev said:
It can't be. I just played Ratchet for two hours with no issues. The only game that won't work seems to be Heavy Rain.
no, plenty of games dont work
just everyone is playing heavy rain right now so thats why that name is popping up most

Top Bottom