• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I need a quick break. Frustrated. Just lost 2X final boss.

Top of Page Edit: Frustration!

That was rough man. Classic Trials matches where a few rounds slip away for small reasons and suddenly you need a major comeback. Margin of error is so thin. Double final boss losses (we need a term for this) is as bad as it gets.

Most of the games we lost earlier were because we choked the first couple rounds despite having numbers advantages. Suddenly we're down 3-0, then heavy is a coin-flip, then they have supers. Hate the snowball.

edit: Biggy's nightbot wrecked me because I spammed too many BibleThumps in the chat ;_;

That was rough man. Classic Trials matches where a few rounds slip away for small reasons and suddenly you need a major comeback. Margin of error is so thin. Double final boss losses (we need a term for this) is as bad as it gets.

Most of the games we lost earlier were because we choked the first couple rounds despite having numbers advantages. Suddenly we're down 3-0, then heavy is a coin-flip, then they have supers. Hate the snowball.

edit: Biggy's nightbot wrecked me because I spammed too many BibleThumps in the chat ;_;

Yeah. I could feel the match pulling away from me and j made some bad movement mistakes. This map really punishes you with boxes and stuff in the way lol

Alright. Making coffee and then I should be fine again. Sorry again Liam and Biggy.

Agent

Stealing all of the loot. The funny thing is I was about to post asking if the PS exclusive cloak could drop as a reward since I hadn't seen any and literally the next game I get it along with the ship for the first time.

ChTJeB4WMAUlBk7.jpg

X-Frame

Stealing all of the loot. The funny thing is I was about to post asking if the PS exclusive cloak could drop as a reward since I hadn't seen any and literally the next game I get it along with the ship for the first time.

ChTJeB4WMAUlBk7.jpg

I haven't seen one ship drop yet, so at least they are dropping -- just incredibly rare.

I have the Space Bus, but also want the new one.

Liamc723

Yeah. I could feel the match pulling away from me and j made some bad movement mistakes. This map really punishes you with boxes and stuff in the way lol

Alright. Making coffee and then I should be fine again. Sorry again Liam and Biggy.

It's not your fault, I don't know what happened to me in those final 2 games.

WeTeHa

Why do red bars still have the advantage in the Crucible?

There's different kinds of red bars.

I'm usually a red bar when playing with gaffers and (I feel like) I have a disadvantage most of the time. I get shot through walls constantly or randomly get 1 shot by scouts or handcannons. And ever since a couple of patches ago I very frequently die to things before they actually happen (e.g. I die to titan smash/arc blade/nova bomb before the enemy even uses his super. Then on my death screen I see them pop the super and actually perform the animation.

However, I think that if you are a red bar by choice (limiting bandwith, streaming stuff or something else) I still think you have a clear advantage.

I've seen people not take damage at all or teleport around the map. One thing that is especially annoying is when someone lags so hard and you shoot him while he is already damaged, they kill you and their health regen starts and THEN they take the damage you dealt to them. It's crazy.

spyder_ur

All 3 characters to rank 5 IB and my packages sucked on all of them. 333 fusion on one, but my Warlock didn't seem to get anything decent at all. Oh well. I enjoyed IB this go around - might mess around with Trials even though I don't know that map at all.

Yup - back to orbit and the tower. Nothing for my Warlock from the rank 5, other than coins/motes.

There's different kinds of red bars.

I'm usually a red bar when playing with gaffers and (I feel like) I have a disadvantage most of the time. I get shot through walls constantly or randomly get 1 shot by scouts or handcannons. And ever since a couple of patches ago I very frequently die to things before they actually happen (e.g. I die to titan smash/arc blade/nova bomb before the enemy even uses his super. Then on my death screen I see them pop the super and actually perform the animation.

However, I think that if you are a red bar by choice (limiting bandwith, streaming stuff or something else) I still think you have a clear advantage.

I've seen people not take damage at all or teleport around the map. One thing that is especially annoying is when someone lags so hard and you shoot him while he is already damaged, they kill you and their health regen starts and THEN they take the damage you dealt to them. It's crazy.

We had a few games like that yesterday, you me and Looney. And when you came along the connections were actually improving....

OK, this is a bit late, but since time is short and the need is real, here is something I've wanted to do:

https://www.gofundme.com/2v9r98gk

This is a Gofundme campaign to buy Drizz a Netduma router. I already have his approval to do it. I set it up, and the money should cover both the router, shipping and the Gofundme fees.

I'd like to ask DestinyGAF's support in getting Drizz a router that he really could use, and it would greatly help to prevent laggers as much as possible during the heroic lighthouse carries.

This can't be serious right?

All 3 characters to rank 5 IB and my packages sucked on all of them. 333 fusion on one, but my Warlock didn't seem to get anything decent at all. Oh well. I enjoyed IB this go around - might mess around with Trials even though I don't know that map at all.

Yup - back to orbit and the tower. Nothing for my Warlock from the rank 5, other than coins/motes.

Hunter and warlock are rank 5
Hunter gave the Helmet (not even the PS exclusive). Infused to the Iron camelot Helmet
Warlock gave me a sidearm. Infusion again.
Bought the vendor AR. The rols on it are just too good

Missing my Titan

FyreWulff

I always make sure to not try Trials at the same time other people here are saying they're running it so I don't run into you at 8-0 and one of us is like

I27Z42s.gif

NeOak

Doesn't sit well with me either.

*shrug*

Apparently, trying to do something for a member of the community seems to be a joke to you two. smh

What's the best way to get higher level gear now?

Leveling up factions, should be good until 330LL. So buy heavy ammo packs from Xur and turn them in to your faction, and use your motes of light too.

Doing Crucible and Vanguard with boosters on too. And Challenge of Elders when you're at your max light level.

Dave_6

Damn spyder, rank 5 on all three already?

Doesn't sit well with me either.

*shrug*

Not directly involved with it, but I think it's fine. It'd be different is Drizz was taking donations for Flawless Carries or raids or whatever, but he's not. He's just doing what Drizz does, which is help the community every week because he loves us. This is just a tangible way for those that want to to pay him back in a way that directly improves his ability to help in the future (connection improvement) versus just buying something frivolous.

Not telling you how to feel, but if people want to contribute, great, if not, no harm done.

X-Frame

What exactly are the [possible] rewards for Level 41 PoE?

I did it a few times and it was incredibly not worth it, not even for a free Sterling Treasure box.

Apparently, trying to do something for a member of the community seems to be a joke to you two. smh
Especially when that member of the community has helped a countless number of people, the guy deserves more than a router, but it's a way of saying thanks for what he's done for the community.

Edit: well, John said it much better than I did lol.

the_id

Not directly involved with it, but I think it's fine. It'd be different is Drizz was taking donations for Flawless Carries or raids or whatever, but he's not. He's just doing what Drizz does, which is help the community every week because he loves us. This is just a tangible way for those that want to to pay him back in a way that directly improves his ability to help in the future (connection improvement) versus just buying something frivolous.

Not telling you how to feel, but if people want to contribute, great, if not, no harm done.
My 2 cents on this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie King's Fall in T-minus 55 minutes. Bring your pantaloons.

I had one drop out, so if anyone can fill the spot (either as a newbie or to help us out) please quote this post!

WipedOut

You do realize how much this guy has done for this community right? If people want to "help a brother out" then what is the harm? I'm sure Drizz probably really doesn't need "help" getting a new router nor did he ask for this but think it's awesome that a few people have found a way and the initiative to give back to a person that has given so much of his valuable time in return.

As Forrest Gump would say, "that's all I gotta say about that"

NeOak

Thanks to everyone that donated, the Netduma is funded after just 12 hours!

Now, for the stretch goals!

Indeed. I use the same set up, and that Archer C7 is the best bang for the buck you can get for Wi-Fi performance and reach, especially for 5Ghz.

Deku Tree

You do realize how much this guy has done for this community right? If people want to "help a brother out" then what is the harm? I'm sure Drizz probably really doesn't need "help" getting a new router nor did he ask for this but think it's awesome that a few people have found a way and the initiative to give back to a person that has given so much of his valuable time in return.

As Forrest Gump would say, "that's all I gotta say about that"

Agree

Top Bottom