• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Seriously, the Cell processor is the key to saving the Machine? I don't know whether that's cool or I should laugh. Especially since everything Root said was accurate, as I explained to my wife while we were watching.

Ken redeemed!

Sölf

Alright guys, first episode of the new season, here we go!

*music starts within the first minute*

asrNhoh.gif

We back guys. We finally back. ;____;

Seriously, the Cell processor is the key to saving the Machine? I don't know whether that's cool or I should laugh. Especially since everything Root said was accurate, as I explained to my wife while we were watching.

Ken redeemed!

Cool. Definitely cool. :p

The Navy actually set up a (muuuch bigger) PS3 cluster a few years back, and one of its ancillary purposes was researching AI.

KonradLaw

Such a great premiere. I can;t believe how much I care about damn machine as a character :D

And Cell :D And nitrogen tanks.:D
This show.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Damn great episode. I loved the attention to detail in this. They even used the old PS3's since those were the ones that had the Other OS feature.

They did their damn homework.

I feel like this one is going to be one of my favorite episodes of the series. It really resonated me, and those flashbacks were damn good.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Damn great episode. I loved the attention to detail in this. They even used the old PS3's since those were the ones that had the Other OS feature.

They did their damn homework.

I feel like this one is going to be one of my favorite episodes of the series. It really resonated me, and those flashbacks were damn good.

I liked the touch of the Ferry bringing up bad memories for both Reese and Finch (John "meets" Elias for the 1st time and the Ferry Bombing)

xrnzaaas

OMG what an awesome episode. And who would have thought that Sony will save the world. :D

Also the flashbacks were great as usual...

1110gflz.jpg

POI is back!

Great episode. Badassery, flashbacks, banter and the PS3s help save the day lol. God, I've missed the show.

Side note: They censored fustercluck but the (5x04 spoiler)
sex scene
is close to the original? Okay then..

Sober

Too bad the Idle Thumbs crew don't watch POI, they've been making jokes about the full potential of the PS3 being unlocked for years.

Lonestar

Seriously, a move to Gaming is in order.

Other topic names:
God prefers Consoles over PC.
U R not E (if you can make the E red font)
PS3 has God, but no games
God can't be RROD

Fantastic first episode! So glad my favorite show is back!

That Machine - Harold conversation might be one of the best scenes in POI history. Also, incredible acting by Emerson. That scene had me on the edge of my seat.

Someone should tell them it isnt the Machine overheating those old PS3's.

Even being turned on on a slightly worm day would over heat the old phat models these days

Mokujin

What a blessing to have POI back!

Nice episode although I found a bit cheese how they escaped from all the Samaritan agents and Reese cooling the Ps3 cluster.

But Ps3 cluster was awesome!! Ha!! They should have used Slim models to avoid overheating though!!

Anyway seems like everything is ready to this show last run for glory.

Tugatrix

Glorious ep, POI I missed you so much

Now a suggestion for OT:

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "God runs on PS3"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What a blessing to have POI back!

Nice episode although I found a bit cheese how they escaped from all the Samaritan agents and Reese cooling the Ps3 cluster.

But Ps3 cluster was awesome!! Ha!! They should have used Slim models to avoid overheating though!!

Anyway seems like everything is ready to this show last run for glory.

Root mentioned they could run Linux so that's probably why the OG model was used.

Well, that almost 100% means episodes will leak online before the season ends. Depends on how early they manufacture the discs.

Xenex

First episode came in strong, as it's only a half season I'm hoping every episode will be as good, i.e filler removed.

Its amazing how much humanity the Machine has, this is seriously one of my all time favourite shows now that I think about it I like it way more than some more critically acclaimed darlings.

Its amazing how much humanity the Machine has, this is seriously one of my all time favourite shows now that I think about it I like it way more than some more critically acclaimed darlings.
What's really amazing is it has humanity without doing the usual thing of giving it a digital face on a screen or a human sounding voice. Through simple text on a terminal it still gets to you.

ibyea

Banned
Amazing opening, it delivered so much the cliffhanger from last season.

Sony's PS3 sure can do everything, including saving the world.

Lonestar

Think I've listened to this The Kills song about a dozen times. I think I had heard of them before, but don't believe I ever actually heard anything from them (well, knowingly). Though I just now realize that they had the song for Shaw's first episode (Future Starts Slow, a strangely fitting title for Shaw's intro and disappearance for a few episodes :lol)

Looking at the lyrics for the song "No Wow", as This Show likes to use songs that not only fit for the scene visually, but often have lyrical meanings in the show. Thought this line was a bit interesting.

They all been put down
Who ain't dead yet, fled to die closer to the shore

At the time, the 3 were scattered, and unsure on the fates of the others, with 2 literally going to the shore. Plus, the whole last arc is probably a hail mary attempt to restart the machine/stop Samaritan/survive.

The main phrase "There ain't no wow now" is what I interpret the rest of CBS programming to be, once POI is gone.

PK Gaming

The best show on television right now and the OT barely has any activity. Where's the hype!?

:(

Oh well, the regulars that post here know where it's at.

KonradLaw

The main phrase "There ain't no wow now" is what I interpret the rest of CBS programming to be, once POI is gone.
Yeah. It looks apocalyptic. All their good shows are ending. PoI, Good Wife, Elementary. And the one shining light they had from new stuff (Limitless) might not get renewed at all.
Considering they have huge troubles creating new good shows (it feels like everyone was kind of created against CBS, by first tricking them with CBS style and then running away once they got in), soon it will be easily the worst network around.

Lonestar

It took Alan Sepinwall five whole seasons to be on board. Oh well. /shrug

Yeah, I would tweet or post something snarky at him over this, but then again, I don't want to give him the impression that he has any power over the fate of shows.

Really, the only ongoing TV "Critic/Reviewer" I've seen run with the show for a long time, is the IGN guy.

1st time I've bothered to look at ratings since probably last spring, and geez, everything sucks. POI did better than it's finale last year, and Limitless' finale last week. NCSI is below a 2. Marvel must have alot of clout, keeping SHIELD on the air. A 0.9 and less than 3 million. That sucks, because it's been pretty good for 2.5 seasons now.

Haven't watched any CBS in months, did they bother advertising POI beyond an occasional commercial?

Finally got to see the first episode. I really enjoyed it. It was pretty tense for most of the episode. Seeing Samaritan's power and witness what the team was afraid of with it readily manipulating people against them. The scene in the subway with Root was amazing. Although the fight that Reese almost lost before Finch saved him, was not edited very well and looked very fake imo. I suspect their budget also took a hit.

Sober

Yeah, I would tweet or post something snarky at him over this, but then again, I don't want to give him the impression that he has any power over the fate of shows.

Really, the only ongoing TV "Critic/Reviewer" I've seen run with the show for a long time, is the IGN guy.
Coincidentally it was IGN's Matt Fowler who turned Sepinwall back onto the show.

I don't give Sepinwall any grief over it because honestly the timing of when POI aired and when it took off sorta coincided with Peak TV (or whatever you want to call it). That and the large episode order on broadcast along with the most senior critics really only doing maybe a dozen shows in the prestige bracket because that brings in clicks and gets the brain working for actual critique that shows like POI are bound to get lost in the shuffle.

If there's any comparable show in the last 5 or so years it was probably Fringe. That and POI pretty much operated on the same formula as X-Files. But pound for pound POI is IMO better than Fringe, and arguably if they aired at the same time it might get more attention. Or maybe not since POI is just as much a product of its time that I don't think a POI airing in 2008 would have the same bite as in 2011.

I mean I think Sepinwall is at least reviewing the first 4 eps this season and depending wants to either do more if he can or will still write about it to the end. So it definitely got to him in the end.

Chariot

Ah shit, so good. It's perfect. I am already devastated that it will end.

The Cell thing cracked me up real good.

Patryn

PoI also starts on a slow burn. It's extremely procedural early on, so I can understand a TV critic deciding he wants to focus on other shows, especially a critic like Sepinwall who's main thing is dissecting episodes of running shows. That's tough to do with procedurals because of how they follow the same formula.

It's possible I'm more forgiving, because I didn't get onboard until Season 3, when I happened to just blindly catch Shaw's introduction episode and was enraptured.

Sölf

PoI also starts on a slow burn. It's extremely procedural early on, so I can understand a TV critic deciding he wants to focus on other shows, especially a critic like Sepinwall who's main thing is dissecting episodes of running shows. That's tough to do with procedurals because of how they follow the same formula.

It's possible I'm more forgiving, because I didn't get onboard until Season 3, when I happened to just blindly catch Shaw's introduction episode and was enraptured.

I didn't like the show that much at first, because the first 6 episodes are just monster of the week episodes with no overall story. The only nod that something else is happening are the tiny Elias nods, but there are 2 or 3 in the first 6 episodes. However, then episode 7 hits and just flat out tells you that there is more in the background going on. Imo EP 7 is the turning point for the show.

KonradLaw

Sölf;202688255 said:
I didn't like the show that much at first, because the first 6 episodes are just monster of the week episodes with no overall story. The only nod that something else is happening are the tiny Elias nods, but there are 2 or 3 in the first 6 episodes. However, then episode 7 hits and just flat out tells you that there is more in the background going on. Imo EP 7 is the turning point for the show.
Yeah. Ep 7 is where shit starts to happen for real.

But my personal turning point of the show, the moment where it went from "eh...cool I guess" to "Jesus, I need to see more of this" was ending of episode 4:
CuraTeIpsum.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom