• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Verse 1
Yo
Fans are more than ready, sales been weak, expectations are heavy
There’s vomit on the series already (Motomu’s spaghetti)
Tabbie’s nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and steady
But if the game bombs he’ll have to answer on Reddit
Hit the air button the whole crowd cheered so loud
But now It’s 9/30 and the game won’t come out
Choking on his Weissbier how, GifGaf’s joking now
Spin the calendar back to late November, blaow!
Fantasy to reality, oh! there goes gravity
Oh there goes Tabbie, he’s yoked
Still to Versus but he won’t appease Kagari, nope
There’s no party, Prince Noctis elopes
With Lunafreya, no hope for Luminous cause it’s broke,
And Roen’s stagnant he knows there’s no depth to the mobile game, and it’s
Regis redesigned again, no longer Yakuza
Better capture the market and hope it don’t pass him

Chorus
At least Shimomura did the music, one moment
You know what it might have been J. Soule?
When the game drops do not miss your chance to blow, two-hundred fifty
On the LE (Kingsglaive’s not included, though)

Verse 2

Light of my soul is escaping
Through new plot holes that are gaping
Gooch’s ring for the taking, make me king
As we move toward an open world order,
Linear games are boring, fans still conducting Lightning’s post-mortem
HD towns grow harder, sub-30 FPS a non-starter
He knows these message board bros is all on him,
Coast to coast shows he’s known as the globetrotter
But instead of ogling Cindy alongside Ofuji he’d rather
Go home and spend some goddamn time with his daughter
But hold your nose cause here goes the watera
If these bros don’t like the IQ on his product
They’ll switch to Persona, or one of those games that are waifu-wars fodder,
Boys to men so the story is told we’ve grown old since development started,
But the feedback cycle goes on, buh da bum, ba da ba da

Chorus
You know what it might have been J. Soule
When the game drops do not miss your chance to blow, two-hundred fifty

Verse 3
No more handheld games,
I’m a change JRPGs
Make ‘em open world and gritty just like Witcher 3
When you’re playing in the beginning
You’ll see that Noct has changed
He been stached up and roughed up
And we fixed his bangs
But we kept his old design, cause as best I could decipher
Fans were still attached to it (though I think the new one’s hyper),
But Nomura’s burning pain is amplified by the
Fact that he can’t finish an HD game for his
Life, and I can provide the right type of
Scope for Final Fantasy, cause man, he’d still be planning when he’s in adult diapers
And it’s no Kingslgaive, there’s no transition wipe, for
Skipping awkward time, and directing’s so hard
And it keeps getting harder
Trying to feed and water old fans, plus
Teeter-totter caught up between pulling in their sons and daughters,
Stella drama fans are dreamin on and too much
For me to wanna visit IGN or Gamespot, 1080 P or not,
It’s gotten to the point I’m like a tonberry I’ve got
To get this game to market or take Ito’s spot
In the closet, 10 million sales is my only option, fewer’s not,
Don’t know how to cut it but this next trailers got
To take fans from “preorder canceled” to “straight-up bought,”
So here I go it’s my shot
Metacritic fail me not
This may be the only opportunity that I got

Chorus
You know what it might have been J. Soule
When the game drops do not Miss your chance to blow, two-hundred fifty

Original Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yhyp-_hX2s

Original Lyrics: https://www.google.com/search?q=lose+yourself+lyrics&ie=&oe=

I really don't see how 400 for a PS4 Pro is gonna push anybody who was waiting for FFXV. Just get a Slim if you don't own a PS4.

I wouldn't expect it to, and that's the point the slim exists like they said during the conference. For me, I just want the the prettier thing since the extra $100 ain't gonna break me.

Mediking

I wouldn't expect it to, and that's the point the slim exists like they said during the conference. For me, I just want the the prettier thing since the extra $100 ain't gonna break me.

I just need to see a comparison video of FFXV on PS4 vs PS4 Pro to push me to upgrade. And I need to know that PS4 Pro is long term.

I just need to see a comparison video of FFXV on PS4 vs PS4 Pro to push me to upgrade. And I need to know that PS4 Pro is long term.

After serious thought, I'm not going to upgrade just for some better draw distance. I played FF XIII on 360 after all, and quite happily (well, given it was FF XIII).

Mediking

After serious thought, I'm not going to upgrade just for some better draw distance. I played FF XIII on 360 after all, and quite happily (well, given it was FF XIII).

And that's a good point too. Is "mildly" better performance for a game you really care about so much important? If so... that person should jump into PC gaming as well. Or you can save money and be content with your current performance on a game.

Voror

I'm on the fence myself. I do have a 4K TV so I guess I would be able to take advantage, but I'm just not sure if it's necessarily worth it or not. And I'm wondering how long till we see another upgrade, if we do that is.

Mediking

I'm on the fence myself. I do have a 4K TV so I guess I would be able to take advantage, but I'm just not sure if it's necessarily worth it or not. And I'm wondering how long till we see another upgrade, if we do that is.

Mhmm. It's like... you want good performance for games but when the quality of the performance is tied to spending even more money as an upgrade....

Then again... you already have a 4K TV so that makes things alot easier for you.

Voror

Mhmm. It's like... you want good performance for games but when the quality of the performance is tied to spending even more money as an upgrade....

Then again... you already have a 4K TV so that makes things alot easier for you.

Well, the cost of it isn't exactly the issue. I actually have a gift card from my birthday I've had saved (because I forgot about it due to being stupid) as well as a lot of saved up trade in credit. So at current math this thing would probably cost me around $70 or so, if I wanted to use the card and credit on it anyway.

Mediking

Well, the cost of it isn't exactly the issue. I actually have a gift card from my birthday I've had saved (because I forgot about it due to being stupid) as well as a lot of saved up trade in credit. So at current math this thing would probably cost me around $70 or so, if I wanted to use the card and credit on it anyway.

If money isn't even an issue then upgrading truly is easy for you then.

Voror

If money isn't even an issue then upgrading truly is easy for you then.

I suppose, though I could always save the gift card and credit for other things too. I'll figure it out. I also did tell my sisters they could have my old PS4 if I upgraded.

And that's a good point too. Is "mildly" better performance for a game you really care about so much important? If so... that person should jump into PC gaming as well. Or you can save money and be content with your current performance on a game.

This is what I am at this point.

Yeah, I guess that's the thing -- sure, it will look better on PS4 Pro. But it will look EVEN better come PC release after various patches, tweaks, etc. and w/ a powerful rig. So, if I want the ultimate XV experience I think Pro is just a stop-gap.

Voror

I think I remember why I didn't bother with the Golden Saucer way back when. Most of these minigames are garbage. Too early to do Chocobo races, though I guess the Battle Square is at least easy to understand. Everything else seems like a waste of time. The most infuriating thing is that you need points to do anything, but the only way to get them at this point in the game is doing these terrible minigames. I've read Super Dunk is a good reliable way, but can't make heads or tails on how it actually works. Most of the things I'm told to watch for don't seem to work either or only do so half the time.

Falk

that puzzling face
Sample? That term refers to taking a clip of an actual recording, really, rather than borrowing musical ideas like chord progression, melody, etc. Basically what hip hop is built on.

And candidly, no, Shimomura wasn't aware of Elder Scrolls music.

FINAL FANTASY XV Live at Abbey Road Studios for anyone who missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dabzg9GbM&list=WL&index=67

29RcJT1.gif

Voror

Finished Disc One of VII on PS4 last night.

I have to say, playing through this all again has really made me wonder how they'll go about expanding on the game in the remake because I think they can really do a lot to improve on it from the original, though I'm speaking just of the first disc after all.

Midgar overall is pretty straightforward and linear which makes sense since it's the intro to the game. I think it does a generally alright job introducing the initial cast for the most and setting up the world at least a little. Despite the apparent advances that mako energy allows, Midgar in general just seems dirty and unpleasant to be in, which I suppose helps drive the point home that this really isn't too great a thing.

I think AVALANCHE can be expanded upon quite a bit both to make their deaths give more of an impact and also perhaps go more into the morally gray aspect of what they do since it is mentioned a couple times that their blowing up the reactor killed quite a few people. Giving a better look at some of the people who get killed when the plate drops would be nice to see as well so those deaths have a bigger effect.

It is sort of hilarious how the rest of the party joins you though. The first four all make sense really, but Red XIII and beyond are kind of weird. Red at least is escaping you and decides to come along. Everyone else just sort of says "I'm coming too!"

For Yuffie and Vincent I suppose it may be due to them being Optional and Yuffie they actually seemed to mock with the conclusion of the Wutai subquest. Vincent has his whole backstory, which actually seems quite important to filling in the details, but no one seems that weirded out to find a guy sleeping in a coffin. Cid sort of ends up tagging along since he jumped on the Tiny Bronco. Cait Sith is also super random though given his reveal you sort of get it, though it's still weird to me that the party just ups and lets him come along.

I think all these could do with expansions on their backgrounds and roles, which could lead to further exploration of their characters. Granted, more of that could come with the other two discs but those are just general impressions thus far.

The plot sort of seems to meander after Midgar with spikes here and there like the flashback. Sephiroth doesn't seem to have much to him for much of it, though I thought he picked up when you actually start having interactions with him especially at the Temple of the Ancients. Sort of hope we get more of those.

But yeah, really curious how the Remake is going to handle various aspects like the world map and the various dungeons. It certainly seems like a challenge, but I think it's a great opportunity to enhance the original game and expand on it in a way that will separate it from the original. Hopefully they just take full advantage of it but don't go too far.

And I totally want the first part of the Remake to end with an image telling you to insert Disc 2.

EDIT: Also , why does everyone refer to Shinra as "The Shinra"? I don't know why but it bugs me.

Voror

Do we know what improvements Pro will provide for FF15 or any that they are working in to the game specifically for Pro?

I don't believe we have been given any kind of rundown of what they will be using it for. If I were to guess, they may be able to use more of Luminous as opposed to the regular PS4. I'd probably expect general graphical improvements and such, but ultimately I don't think we know yet.

I think I remember why I didn't bother with the Golden Saucer way back when. Most of these minigames are garbage. Too early to do Chocobo races, though I guess the Battle Square is at least easy to understand. Everything else seems like a waste of time. The most infuriating thing is that you need points to do anything, but the only way to get them at this point in the game is doing these terrible minigames. I've read Super Dunk is a good reliable way, but can't make heads or tails on how it actually works. Most of the things I'm told to watch for don't seem to work either or only do so half the time.

I hope FFVIIR makes the Golden Saucer games fun.

The novelty of the Golden Saucer was replaying the old clunky mini games like the Shinra motorcycle escape, snowboarding, or submarines. I could never get far with Super Dunk, the rock-paper-scissors boxing game felt super rigged. Man... in hindsight Golden Saucer was pretty shitty.

Oh well, I remember buying a decent amount of my GP from that shady dude at times.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just had an epiphany.

We keep wondering what Sephiroth's last name is.

What if Roth is his last name?

Sephi Roth.

Arnie Roth's brother.

Playing FFVII for the first time is the best gaming decision I've made for ages. Just left the Temple of the Ancients. Not sure what to do for my third member of the party, got Cloud doing the damage and Barrett playing the support role.

I like Vincent's CR Sniper/Deathblow combo, but it seems kinda pointless if I'm forced to use his Limit Break, and that lasts for the remainder of the battle

R-User!

I just had an epiphany.

We keep wondering what Sephiroth's last name is.

What if Roth is his last name?

Sephi Roth.

Arnie Roth's brother.

Interesting...

But now you have me thinking of perhaps a more burning question regarding Sephiroth: did Shinra ever offer him a ROTH IRA to help him save for retirement after the
Planets
annihilation?

Cuz I mean if they didn't then that would be even more fucked up then they already were.

Black Storm

Neo Member
HI guys, I have private link for Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition, it's very limited edition , I was in the waiting list for a long time and finally received an email before 2 days , the email contains private link for the collector's edition so I can buy one for me by clicking on the link.

however, I changed my mind and I think I will get the normal edition only, so if any one here want to buy the collector's edition , feel free to ask me and I will send the link for the first one , Thanks.

Black Storm

Neo Member
HI guys, I have private link for Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition, it's very limited edition , I was in the waiting list for a long time and finally received an email before 2 days , the email contains private link for the collector's edition so I can buy one for me by clicking on the link.

however, I changed my mind and I think I will get the normal edition only, so if any one here want to buy the collector's edition , feel free to ask me and I will send the link for the first one , Thanks.
I give the link for someone in twitter, anyway I hope everyone can get his favorite edition

Celcius

°Temp. member
Kingsglaive comes out tomorrow on Blu Ray right? Anyone getting it? For those that saw it in theaters is it worth a purchase or rental?

rahji

I played FFXIII the last days and was stuck for 2 hours on barthandelus in chapter 9. Now that the bosses are getting harder, I think it is more interesting.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have a FFXV UCE pre-ordered from the square-enix online store.

I want to get it on release day (or very shortly after -- 1 or 3 days max)

The reason? Well, I'm not ashamed to say I will actually be scheduling some time off work to get more time in on this game. I have to burn some PTO before the end of the year so why not. The time has to be pre-scheduled, of course.

Others in the same boat... what are you doing? Upgrading to 3 day shipping?

I heard talk that all orders for the UCE were going to arrive on release date regardless of shipping method chosen... is it complete BS? Help me out here guys.

here is a thread where this is speculated (but not the only source I have seen)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1288331

I had the UCE pre-ordered but as much as I want it I can't justify the cost anymore lol

But I have ordered from them before and chose the cheapest for pre-orders and all of mine have arrived day of release

Top Bottom