• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Golnei

tumblr_inline_o60f5tYGyi1u34ti5_540.png

Styles

Do we have a version of the track that plays during the first half of the Uncovered trailer in full? Or at the very least without the background noise? I need it.

ST2K

It feels kinda weird to have a new mainline Final Fantasy releasing this year. Feels like it's been forever since it's happened, even though it's only been 6 years. Kind of excited and just hoping there's enough space between it and Persona so I can play both extensively.

Falk

that puzzling face
It feels kinda weird to have a new mainline Final Fantasy releasing this year. Feels like it's been forever since it's happened, even though it's only been 6 years. Kind of excited and just hoping there's enough space between it and Persona so I can play both extensively.

To be fair 6 years is a console generation. So "only 6 years" is pretty long as far as game industry stuff goes.

Weebos

Banned
Hey guys, I've been trying to get into Final Fantasy Tactics for years, but I keep bouncing off of it after an hour or so. Any tips or words of encouragement on getting through the early parts of the game?

I loved Tactics Advance and A2, so I'm not sure what is keeping me off this game.

Hey guys, I've been trying to get into Final Fantasy Tactics for years, but I keep bouncing off of it after an hour or so. Any tips or words of encouragement on getting through the early parts of the game?

I loved Tactics Advance and A2, so I'm not sure what is keeping me off this game.

Patience, basically.

ST2K

To be fair 6 years is a console generation. So "only 6 years" is pretty long as far as game industry stuff goes.

Fair enough, but when I say "it feels like forever" I mean it feels like 15 years or so. It doesn't feel to me like we had a launch of a new FF last gen, let alone more than half way through the last gen.

I'm just really looking forward to playing a new Final Fantasy game more than I remember since my childhood.

Fair enough, but when I say "it feels like forever" I mean it feels like 15 years or so. It doesn't feel to me like we had a launch of a new FF last gen, let alone more than half way through the last gen.

I'm just really looking forward to playing a new Final Fantasy game more than I remember since my childhood.
I get that, I personally didn't like 12 at the time (willing to give it another shot years later) so the wait for me feels like... Jesus 2002. Although 14 helped scratch my itch but as much time as I out in it 15 has my heart.

Please square, please be good!

Aters

Patient. The first hour is really frustrating. No good job, no good skill.

aravuus

https://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak

RELAY RACE of the entire series and a couple spinoffs on twitch right now. It's speedruns so they started 10 hours ago and are already on FFV.

Didn't wanna make a thread because they're already a third of the way through lol

Great timing, looks like they're starting VII in less than an hour. I don't really care much about the early FF speedruns since I've never played those games myself, but it's fun to see someone wreck a game I usually spend 40-50 hours with in hours.

Aters

I feel like utter shit that I put down FFV after ten hours while they just beat the whole game in half the time. I will never finish FFV :(

Teknoman

So about Final Fantasy X:

Both Jecht and Tidus
are essentially "summons" right
? Is that how Jecht was able to become Braska's final aeon, or is it just any guardian that has to sacrifice themselves to become that? Just got back to Zanarkand.

Apoptomon

Both Jecht and Tidus
? Is that how Jecht was able to become Braska's final aeon, or is it just any guardian that has to sacrifice themselves to become that? Just got back to Zanarkand.

I think IIRC it's the latter, with all that's required being some kind of bond between summoner and fayth.
After all, the other Final Aeons we see (Anima, Zaon, and I think the Magus Sisters also) ... I'm reasonably sure they were real people and not 'dreams'.

Both Jecht and Tidus

Yunalesca explains the conditions/requirements when you get to Zanarkand.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah it's not a race so much as it's speedrun commentary with a random secondary stream that's an hour behind.

But I'm still tuning in.

zoukka

Can someone tell me how the mobile ports of various FF games are? I'm interested in the PS1 trilogy and the EU versions in PSN are the infamous 50hz versions obviously. III and IV are from the DS remakes I presume?

Labadal

Can someone tell me how the mobile ports of various FF games are? I'm interested in the PS1 trilogy and the EU versions in PSN are the infamous 50hz versions obviously. III and IV are from the DS remakes I presume?
Yes, III and IV are based on the DS versions. Stay away from V and VI mobile.

Labadal

Ok how bout VII and IX?

I haven't heard many complaints about those versions. I think the graphics are slightly improved and they run without much hassle. I haven't played on iOS myself, but impressions seem mostly good.

FFVI mobile definitive version? I must have been transferred to another multiverse or something.
fcb299a2-1307-4071-a75f-97cf17fc9c28_screenshot.jpg

So I bought Final Fantasy X and X-2 for the third time (ps vita version). I had the PS2 versions which I sold after I bought the PS3 version. So I bought the vita versions today while they were on sale.

FF Brave Exvius is surprisingly awesome. Been playing it non-stop. Best original FF mobile game, and I am enjoying it more than X, X-2, I, II, XI, and the XIII trilogy.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
For next time, if you want to cheese him, can just farm your aeons to overdrive in random battles, then unleash them one by one. Takes like 10 minutes >_>

Natetan

Ff2 is pretty fun. Play it pretty frequently

Natetan

I would use a FAQ on getting to ninja class. It pretty much walks through everything you need to do. I do a lot of resets.

Make sure everyone has lightning magic as a second ability. You might only do a little damage but it helps give you a distance attack early on when your characters can't move very much..

Focus on getting JP boost and move+1 from squire class as well as the auto potion chemist ability. Focus on building up just 3 random party members only. Have only one be a Mage and the others go on the ninja class trail. Only one of them will ever become a ninja before you start to get permanent special characters that are better.

I never build up guest characters. Strip their weapons and give them to your core characters.

Also be sure to wait around until everyone of your enemies turns into a crystal on the battle screen. This means you'll need to kill off your special characters in battle. Give them a crappy sword and no armor and put them out to battle. This is almost an essential way of gaining skills, especially for mages. Your Mage should focus on trying to pick up as much magic this way saving your jp for flare/holy. Try to get to time Mage adapt so you can get the teleport skill.

Aters

For next time, if you want to cheese him, can just farm your aeons to overdrive in random battles, then unleash them one by one. Takes like 10 minutes >_>

That's what I did for every boss and it always worked. Maybe that's why I found FFX's combat so boring.

françois

That's what I did for every boss and it always worked. Maybe that's why I found FFX's combat so boring.

Yeah, I remember having a lot of issues with the Seymour fight when I played the original all those years ago. But when I went through the remastered edition not too long ago it seemed obvious to make sure that all aeons were in overdrive for the boss fights.

Didn't understand why people were having trouble with this and some other fights, until I realized that I was just spamming overdrives in every difficult boss fight.

Anyone else been reading the official release of the Type-0 Kurasame side story manga? I just got the first 4 volumes, and the 5th will release next week. I'm only a few chapters in and it's already pretty brutal.

Top Bottom