• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

I don't have much else to add? Day 1 thought he was a PR. Day 2 (or 3?) he forgot the game. "I don't want to town-read" =/= "I don't townread".

And throughout the game I feel he becomes less helpful only when people bring up his lack of activity and other nonsense - today being the clearest example of that.

It's also not just his own behaviour that makes me townread him. When other people scumread him for inactivity - that looks scummier to me than anything Salva does, which in turn suggests Salva is town (and a scapegoat). I feel a town complaint of Salva would go for a more honest "policy lynch" kind of argument, or point to something specific he's done that suggests he's scum (noone has done this still).

You know what? This is BULLSHIT

HOW CAN ALL OF YOU IDLE-BY AND ACCEPT THIS FILTH OF A DEFENSE IN ABSENTIA

SINCE WHEN DID WE ACCEPT SALVAPOT HAVING A FUCKIN' LAWYER

IS THIS HOW WE PLAY [Mafia] NOW? WE HAVE FUCKING SPOKESPEOPLE?? FUCKING BOTS? PROXIES?? GO AHEAD, PAIR UP THEN. WHO WANTS TO TALK FOR ME, HUH?

I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT, SINCE WHEN DID POLICY LYNCH FOR INACTIVITY BECOME A BAD FUCKING WORD

OFF WITH THIS PLAY-STYLE

I'M NOT GOING TO WAIT FOR SALVAPOT TO COME BACK HERE AND EARN TOWNIE POINTS JUST FOR THE ACT OF COMING BACK, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN WITH YOU READS-LISTING FOLLOWERS. I SEE THE FUTURE; YOU WILL ACCEPT HIM AFTER THIS SILENT HIATUS OUT OF SHEER GRATITUDE FOR HIS RETURN BEARING READS AND I CANNOT ACCEPT SUCH A BLATANT, ABHORRENT TRUST-EARNING STRATEGY BEING FUCKING LEGITIMIZED IN THIS PLAYER'S GAFIA

IF I WASN'T INTERESTED IN SELF-PRESERVATION RIGHT NOW I'D BE FUCKING YOU AND *SPLINTER UP WITH MY VOTE, BELIEVE THAT

DESPICABLE TACTICIANS, THE LOT OF YOU

APPALLING AND ABHORRENT

*Splinter

You know what? This is BULLSHIT

HOW CAN ALL OF YOU IDLE-BY AND ACCEPT THIS FILTH OF A DEFENSE IN ABSENTIA

SINCE WHEN DID WE ACCEPT SALVAPOT HAVING A FUCKIN' LAWYER

IS THIS HOW WE PLAY [Mafia] NOW? WE HAVE FUCKING SPOKESPEOPLE?? FUCKING BOTS? PROXIES?? GO AHEAD, PAIR UP THEN. WHO WANTS TO TALK FOR ME, HUH?

I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT, SINCE WHEN DID POLICY LYNCH FOR INACTIVITY BECOME A BAD FUCKING WORD

OFF WITH THIS PLAY-STYLE

I'M NOT GOING TO WAIT FOR SALVAPOT TO COME BACK HERE AND EARN TOWNIE POINTS JUST FOR THE ACT OF COMING BACK, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN WITH YOU READS-LISTING FOLLOWERS. I SEE THE FUTURE; YOU WILL ACCEPT HIM AFTER THIS SILENT HIATUS OUT OF SHEER GRATITUDE FOR HIS RETURN BEARING READS AND I CANNOT ACCEPT SUCH A BLATANT, ABHORRENT TRUST-EARNING STRATEGY BEING FUCKING LEGITIMIZED IN THIS PLAYER'S GAFIA

IF I WASN'T INTERESTED IN SELF-PRESERVATION RIGHT NOW I'D BE FUCKING YOU AND *SPLINTER UP WITH MY VOTE, BELIEVE THAT

DESPICABLE TACTICIANS, THE LOT OF YOU

APPALLING AND ABHORRENT
Are you pretending that was an unsolicited defense?

People keep asking me why I townread Salva, no matter how many times I explain it. I don't know if it's because they doubt my read (not unreasonable) or an intentional plot to exaggerate the connection between Salva and myself.

And I don't deny that connection is pretty damn strong at this point. My "I don't think Salva is scum" has been blown into "I'M DEFENDING HIM WITH MY LIFE", which is far frok my intention.

Burbeting

Banned
You guys even reached majority at the last minute.

verelios (0)
blargonaut 2124 (2164)
sawneeks 2493 (2518)

blargonaut (3)
*splinter 2150 (2171)
roytheone 2315
stanleypalmtree 2424
ynnek7 2495
starsketch 2496 (2548)

ynnek7 (0)
nin1000 2168 (2310)
nin1000 2485 (2547)

sawneeks (0)
*splinter 2171 (2279)

*splinter (0)
blargonaut 2192 (2317)
nin1000 2387 (2485)

salvapot (8)
dusk soldier 2296
nin1000 2310 (2387)
blargonaut 2439 (2500)
fireblend 2502
verelios 2514
sawneeks 2544
nin1000 2547
starsketch 2548
unmasked ferret 2556
blargonaut 2561

salva (0)
fireblend 2337 (2502)

starsketch (2)
melonrabbit 2409
*splinter 2483
blargonaut 2500 (2561)
sawneeks 2537 (2544)

dusk soldier (0)
sawneeks 2518 (2537)

Burbeting

Banned
4. Evening

"You can't kill me with Alcohol! I'm too strong for that!"

SalvaPot's words were sure proven true. No matter how much Scottish whiskey was poured down his throat, the Pokémon stood tall (even if little tipsy).

"I told you! I'm invincible!"

But the moment the other Pokémon forced him to watch some My Little Pony, he died instantly. Rest in peace, o great warrior.

SalvaPot has been killed!

Burbeting said:
Welcome to NeoGAF Island, full of wonderous Pokémon. What type of Pokémon might you be…?

Oh, I remember now!

You are Chansey (#113), a Normal Type Pokémon!

You are aligned with Pokémon living in the Island (which means TOWN).

Sadly, you don’t have any special powers. But you can vote!

You can also be caught by the Pokémon trainer into a Pokéball. If this happens, you will be informed with a PM.

You will win if all of the forces that may disrupt the town have been defeated.

Game thread is here: www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277820

SalvaPot was not part of a Pokémon Team

4. Night Begins. Night Action deadline is again two hours before Night ends.

bla_1475521200.png

Burbeting

Banned
"Mmhm, I do love the smell of death in the morning!"

There in deed was lot of death that morning. Both StarSketch and Unmasked Ferret lied on the ground, most definitely deader than dead...

Unmasked Ferret has been eliminated!

Burbeting said:
Welcome to NeoGAF Island, full of wonderous Pokémon. What type of Pokémon might you be…?

Oh, I remember now!

You are Sylveon (#700), a Fairy Type Pokémon!

You can track players during nights with the command TRACK: (Player).
If your target visits someone during the night, you will be told who they visited.

You can be caught by the Pokémon trainer into a Pokéball. If this happens, you will be informed with a PM.

Unmasked Ferret was not part of a Pokémon Team

StarSketch has been eliminated!

Burbeting said:

Oh, I remember now!

You are Piplup (#393), a Water Type Pokémon!

You are a 2-shot Doublevoter. Twice during a game, you can double-vote with the command DOUBLE: (player) Instead of the usual VOTE-command.
A shot is used if your double-vote is left active at the end of the day phase. If you end the day with a regular vote instead of a doublevote, the shot will not be used.

You can be caught by the Pokémon trainer into a Pokéball. If this happens, you will be informed with a PM.

StarSketch was part of a Pokémon Team

In the midsts of this chaos, one person was sitting, laughing... It was Ynnek7. He flashed a smile, and then jumped to a boat that had mysteriously appeared on the island shores.

"Screw you people! I have a baby waiting for me, and I got the candy I wanted!"

Ynnek7 has successfully fulfilled their win condition, and left the island!

Burbeting said:
"Finally some Peace and quiet!"

So you thought by yourself, at least. The last few months had been such a hassle for you, mister RetroMG. With a new baby in the family, you had to take care of everyone by yourself, which slowly lead you to a burn-out. Soin order to get some time for yourself, you decided to go to the paradise Island of NeoGAF. However, once you arrived, you realised that the place was infested with Pokémon!

"Oh well.. might as well play this game then", you noted, as you opened up the "Pokémon Go!" application on your smartphone...

You are RetroMG, a Pokémon Go Player!

You are aligned with Yourself (which means NEUTRAL).

During the night phase, you can try to catch a Pokémon to your Smartphone game with the command OBTAIN: (Player). However, due to some strange glitch in your phone, you can only obtain Pokémon, who are already a part of some other trainers Pokémon team. If you try to catch a wild Pokémon, it won't work. You cannot be caught by other Pokémon trainers yourself.

Once you do catch a Pokémon, it will be instantly turned into some Pokémon Candy.
For every Normal-type Pokémon, you will obtain one candy.
For every non-normal type Pokémon, you will obtain two candies.

You will reach your win condition, once you have obtained Four (4) pieces of Pokémon candy.

You also have a 1-shot Bulletproof power. So if some force tries to kill you during a night phase, you will survive it the first time.

Here are few safe names for you to use:
Normal Type Pokémon Bidoof (#399)
Dragon Type Pokémon Dratini (#147)

Game Thread is here: www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277820

There was just eleven creatures left on the island...

Day 5 begins

Majority is 6

bla_1475780400.png

Burbeting

Banned
Still alive:

1. roytheone [m]
3. Dusk Soldier [m]
4. Blargonaut [m]
8. Fireblend [m]
12. melonrabbit [f]
15. Sawneeks [f]
17. Lone_Prodigy [m]
19. StanleyPalmtree [m]
20. Kawl_USC [m] --> *Splinter [m]
21. nin1000 [m]
22. Verelios [m]

RetroMG

Ynnek! You did great! I could not be prouder of my avatar of destruction!

*cough*

I mean, carry on, everyone,

\o/

*Splinter

Well, on the plus side we don't have to lynch Sketch or Ynnek

On the minus side, today or tomorrow is lylo? No scum yet :(

I don't know what to do but stick with Blarg, the Salva lynch train must have been powered by something, right?

*Splinter

Ok so my top 3 to look at now are Fireblend (admitted his case against Salva was mostly bunk, kept his vote), Sawneeks (late votes on both Sketch and Salva), and Blarg (same).

The case against Sawneeks is quite dependant on Blarg flipping scum, so I doubt I'll be voting her today. In fact barring any crazy claims I'll presumably be voting Blarg.

The role PM didn't make it clear, but Ynnek was our second killer (I assume being turned into candy is a fate worse than death)? He killed Topo N2, CM N3, and Sketch N4.

So we don't have a vig.

roytheone

Well....fuck. If there are 5 scum, we are in lylo right now :( Probably an open door, but everyone should be very careful with their votes and only vote on people they actually think are scum, no joke votes, no prod votes, nothing until you are confident you know who is scum. One wrong vote could lose us the game if scum is with 5.

Well, on the plus side we don't have to lynch Sketch or Ynnek

On the minus side, today or tomorrow is lylo? No scum yet :(

I don't know what to do but stick with Blarg, the Salva lynch train must have been powered by something, right?

Yeah, I am leaning towards this. I think the Salva train was scum trying to save Blarg.

BTW, I am pretty busy this day phase with work, so my activity will be lower then normal.

The Salva train was pretty bad.

Friends, consider SalvaPot

Enough said.

Christ, day ends are so early this game.

I see Ynnek popped in for a second with some reads which all seem very safe, down to weird, all but one are town leans. Struggling to see what direction he wants today's lynch to go in.

If we're lynching an inactive I wouldn't mind Salva, but he hasn't shown up today has he? Come on, it's down to the wire, show your face for a while.

Vote:SalvaPot

With 1 hour to go.

25 minutes to go

4 on Blarg
3 on Salva
3 on Sketch

And then we get:

yes

Vote: SalvaPot

now this one is the latter.

I don't like his votes and I don't like the people who are either actively or passively defending him. Stan I have already said I don't feel great about and I have been wrong about Splinter before.

let this be it then

Vote: Salvapot

And then 2 more votes from Ferret and Sketch. I didn't include them because they flipped town.

Definitely looks like an effort to save Blarg. But I'm not voting yet, and neither should anyone. We have 71 hours.

Summary of votes cast:

Bold = was lynched that day
Italic = now dead/not in the game

roytheone - Bronx, Dusk, TheG, Blarg
StarSketch - Bronx, Flush (double), no vote, Salva
Dusk Soldier - Fireblend, CM, TheG, Salva
Blargonaut - Sketch, CM, Ynnek, Salva
SalvaPot - No lynch, Verelios, TheG, no vote
Fireblend - Ynnek, Verelios, Verelios, Salva
melonrabbit - Topo, Flush, CM, Sketch
Unmasked Ferret - No vote, Flush, TheG, Salva
Sawneeks - Verelios, Flush, TheG, Salva
Lone_Prodigy - Ferret, Gorlak, Ynnek, no vote
Ynnek7 - Bronx, LP, TheG, Blarg
StanleyPalmtree - Bronx, Flush, LP, Blarg
*Splinter - Bronx, Flush, TheG, Sketch
nin1000 - Gorlak, roy, Ynnek, Salva
Verelios - Sawneeks, Flush, TheG, Salva

Splinter's streak is snapped, though his D4 vote target died that night.
Sawneeks and Verelios were both on 3 town votes. Their D1 back-and-forth could be some sort of elaborate busing scheme?

Also I apologize for missing out on yesterday's votes: my Internet was wonky that morning and then I was at a wedding.

Ynnek7

That was fun, best of luck town! I may have been using you for your candy, but I'm still rooting for you!

::Rides away in his boat, slow enough to trick the Pokemon Go App to record his milage::

Burbeting

Banned
General Notice:

Starting from night 5, Night phases shall be 24 hours, and day phases 48 hours. This phase (D5) will be 72 hours as usual.

Top Bottom