• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location Steam Page is up, Listed for October.

Here we go again, how much do you wanna bet that this will get released in about a month from now

header.jpg

Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/506610

DrArchon

Is FNAF still a thing? I haven't heard about it in so long, except for that ill-fated RPG. I don't see any recommendations for FNAF vids on Youtube anymore when I used to see them all the time. Are the kids still into FNAF?

Is FNAF still a thing? I haven't heard about it in so long, except for that ill-fated RPG. I don't see any recommendations for FNAF vids on Youtube anymore when I used to see them all the time. Are the kids still into FNAF?

Target seems to think so, with all the merchandise they have gotten lately. Pre teens still eat that shit up too.

DrArchon

Target seems to think so, with all the merchandise they have gotten lately. Pre teens still eat that shit up too.

I guess it makes sense that I haven't heard anything about it. It's not like Scott is pumping out games like he used to (for better or for worse).

It's so weird to see merchandising and hear about movie deals and shit for a series that popped up so recently. Kids must love it (or at least love watching YTers play it).

wrowa

Aren't these games developed by just one guy? Even when each game in the series sells less and less, he's probably still making much more money with each game than he invests.

MechDX

I guess it makes sense that I haven't heard anything about it. It's not like Scott is pumping out games like he used to (for better or for worse).

It's so weird to see merchandising and hear about movie deals and shit for a series that popped up so recently. Kids must love it (or at least love watching YTers play it).

My 10 year old son just had a birthday and all he wanted was the full set of recently released action figures. Doesn't play the games but watches YouTube videos

My 10 year old son just had a birthday and all he wanted was the full set of recently released action figures. Doesn't play the games but watches YouTube videos

I have a feeling that's a majority of the younger fan base.

So what's the over/under on this coming out early?

In so long? The rpg came out just this year, in January.
Anyway, it seems like the hype and such dies down in between games, although a few youtube LPers I watch still play the games when they do Twitch streams and such. I'm sure once this is released in 5 minutes it'll be back to business as usual.

Cruxist

The creator ended up giving out refunds for the RPG and continued making improvements post launch, last I heard. Guy is making bank and seems to want to do well by the fanbase.

And holy hell, yes there's a ton of FNAF merch out there now. Target has it, Gamestop has it. I have a feeling this stuff will stick around for a while.

I went to Toys R Us a few days ago and couldn't believe how much FNAF merch there is. Its pretty impressive how popular this thing got. I enjoyed watching Patrick Klepek play some of them but thats as far I got into the series.

Sesha

The creator ended up giving out refunds for the RPG and continued making improvements post launch, last I heard. Guy is making bank and seems to want to do well by the fanbase.

And holy hell, yes there's a ton of FNAF merch out there now. Target has it, Gamestop has it. I have a feeling this stuff will stick around for a while.

He made FNAF World available for free as well.

I think after how FNAF World ended he wanted to take his time. Who knows if he'll actually release in October, but I don't get the feeling he's rushing this compared to FNAF World.

I wish Scott would go back to doing something truly unique again like The Desolate Hope, but it seems like Sister Location is overhauling the gameplay formula again, since it's apparent that you're moving between locations while avoiding the animatronics and actually doing your job in the meantime, so that's fine as well.

He made FNAF World available for free as well.

I think after how FNAF World ended he wanted to take his time. Who knows if he'll actually release in October, but I don't get the feeling he's rushing this compared to FNAF World.

I think part of the reason FNAF World kinda fell flat at least initially is that Scott's not the best at designing RPGs, his RPGs tend to be crazy 'real-time' affairs with lots of flashing graphics that encourage fast play and some degree of micromanagement over actual depth in the combat system. FNAF World feels like a more toned-down version of The Desolate Hope's battle system, with the focus being more on using characters that keep your party alive while making sure the enemy is constantly losing health even if you're not directly attacking, TDH was basically a more complicated version of that, though it had some interesting gameplay and some absolutely trippy environments and character designs, the RPG boss battles honestly felt like one of the low points in the game.

Aww, was about to make this thread.....getting hype for a game I know ill never be able to finish lmao

lets hope for once thread wont have people complaining about Scott and his games

Aww, was about to make this thread.....getting hype for a game I know ill never be able to finish lmao

lets hope thread one doesn't have people complain about Scott and his games

Don't worry, nothing Will be as bad as the conversations on the steam forums

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been one of those lore videos for the latest FNAF? I love those.

Speaking of FNAF popularity let's not forget there's also a live action movie coming, with puppets designed by GOAT horror puppet company Henson Creature Shop.

daTRUballin

You know, this thread has actually gone pretty well so far! Considering this is a FNAF thread, I'm surprised. Must be opposite day on GAF or something.

Huh, Keymailer lists that it's coming out on October 16th and there's no doubt it will be sooner.

0ded34030597c31de3792155b38cbb2c.png

You know, this thread has actually gone pretty well so far! Considering this is a FNAF thread, I'm surprised. Must be opposite day on GAF or something.

Probably because the fanbase has gotten tired at this point and moved on.

Slight bump, but the image on the site changed.....the clown face is gone. And I forgot that the game is right around the corner. We might get it sooner then expected.

Sesha

Game is releasing in five days. Scott actually kept his word regarding October, although I had a feeling the game wouldn't release early, especially after FNAF World.

Is anyone making an OT? I'd do it but I'm a bit busy these days.

Game is releasing in five days. Scott actually kept his word regarding October, although I had a feeling the game wouldn't release early, especially after FNAF World.

Is anyone making an OT? I'd do it but I'm a bit busy these days.

If no one else is available I'll do it. Can't do it before tomorrow morning though.

Sesha

If no one else is available I'll do it. Can't do it before tomorrow morning though.

I think OTs can't be posted until the day before, so that shouldn't be a problem. Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you need help with writing some of the text of the OT, cuz that I think I have time for.

Top Bottom