• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Ty4on

not in any game i remember well.

and that "intereaction" you brought up really does not amount to much.

why are you so quick to defend Xam (who is below both you and barry in that list), throw Barry to the wolves, and not appear to even care that i name you my top scum?

Because I think the reads of Xam are trash. Simple scum or shade reads because "I can't read him".

I'm the mislynch flavor of the day so I've gotten used to it, but sure, why do you scum read me?

Heroes List:
1) Haly [m] Town - Died
2) Xamtheking [m]
3) Burbeting [m] Town - Died
4) Mazre [m] Town
5) franconp [m]
6) AbsolutBro [m]
7) cabot [m]
8) Ouro [m] Died N2
9) EzekelRAGE [m] Died N2
10) Bronx-Man [m]
11) Sophia [f] Town - Died
12) WhereAreMahDragonz [f] Neutral - Died
13) Ty4on [m]
14) Kingkitty [m]
15) *Splinter [m] Town
16) Cherry Bomb [f]
17) nin1000 [m]
18) StanleyPalmtree [m]
19) Verelios [m] Died D2
20) melonrabbit [f] Town
21) Ynnek7 [m] Died D1
22) Blargonaut [m]

This makes our surviving players:
4) Mazre [m] Town via Role
6) AbsolutBro [m] Town via being me
7) cabot [m] Town via Nin
15) *Splinter [m] Town via AB
17) nin1000 [m] Town via Ezekel kill
20) melonrabbit [f] Town via AB

2) Xamtheking [m] (Ynnek and Vere)
5) franconp [m] (Ezekel and Ouro)
10) Bronx-Man [m] (No-Vote and Vere)
13) Ty4on [m] (Ynnek and Vere)
14) Kingkitty [m] (Burb and No-Vote)
16) Cherry Bomb [f] (N/A and Ouro)
18) StanleyPalmtree [m] (Mazre and No-Vote)
22) Blargonaut [m] (N/A and N/A)

Now, obviously that list is from my perspective, and assumes we believe Nin about both killing EzekelRage and clearing cabot. I am inclined to believe both for now. We will come back to this in a moment.

Of the 8 remaining players, we know that 2-3 are scum. Count on 3, I think, so we consider worst case scenarios.

It's hard to read Blargolocke, because we didn't have much to go on before and Blarg hasn't posted as of my writing this.

KyanBomb already has a lot of us on edge, which sucks for a replacement player but that's the way it goes. I dealt with that in Batman and people managed to look past my predecessor's posts. Unfortunately, Cherry's posts have only made people more suspicious.

The GodKitty completes our replacement triad, and for the few posts KK has made, I find it likely we have a town.

For permanent players we have

Stanley I'm leaning towards town, but probably my weakest of town reads.
Ty4on I am still wary of.
Xam too. His votes have been good votes, but for whatever reason they feel like "hey look, I did stuff for town!" votes.
Franconp I'm pretty town on. OTOH, if we believe the Switcher claim, Fran also becomes the most dangerous if scum.
Bronx - last but not least. I struggle to get a read because Bronx seems to pop in, make a couple posts and then vanish again.

So where does that put me for top scum?
Cherry
Ty4on
... Bronx? Xam? I honestly don't know.

There's also the elephant in the room of "do we trust Nin?" Nin essentially is claiming for two: himself and cabot. While I am heavily inclined to believe him, I am also reminded of Star Wars where one player (Palmer) "confirmed" another player (Raindoc) and it turns out both were fighting for scum team (even though Palmer was actually neutral). Again, I trust Nin and by extension cabot, but it is a thing worth remembering.

Why would I care about peeking? I really don't see what Franconp is getting at with it.

I didn't like your reactions on D2. This sequence (6 minutes between the posts) especially had some weird cognitive dissonance.

This was ~1 hour after Haly voted Ouro putting him at 3.

I don't see anything weird about these posts. We had no way of solving V vs Ouro until V flipped and since we had an extension on time we should not rush to hammer as Bronx implied.

Are you sure your issue with me isn't because I'm no longer the wide-eye impressionable newbie you took for a ride in DP?

nin1000

Banned
Oh.

UNVOTE

AB maybe I missed it bjt are you a cop ?

If that is the case I might swallow my pride and will not Go after that scumbag called *Splinter.

cabot

Yeah AB is that a cop claim or are you just assuming your town reads are as good as confirmed?

Also, fran i don't know why you're trying to complicate the NKs. N2 was explained by Haly eventually, N3 was a single kill but due to the neutral ability turned into a 3-person flip.

You're assuming a neutral SK missed n1 and n2, possibly hit n3 despite flips giving a reasonable explanation for the 3 kills?

You've peddled some bizarre theories in this game, I'm now wondering if this is to throw off Town as much as possible.

cabot

Ty, your town read list is a joke.

You have some logic behind excluding Mazre, but absolutely no reason to exclude nin and I, we may be close to confirmed but we aren't.

Xam may be Town, but the problem is his play could work either way and it certainly isnt enough to warrant a strong read.

Ty or Cherry for me today.

cabot

I realise upon re-reading, my xam comment comes off as 'learn 2 read properly' I'll retract it, it's my subjective opinion.

My point stands for nin and I though.

cabot

Burbeting mentions Sophia in 5 posts, and 3 of them are quotes.

Sophia mentions Bear here:

Her most recent read:

Quick reads off the top of my head. Just woke up, gonna be looking over stuff.

• Burbeting - leaning town; being helpful; engaged in conversation

All the way back from Day 1:

Both you and Burb seem a little bit aggressive, but I'm not sure how to read that as past experience is failing me. *shrugs*

There's a lot of interaction between them throughout the game, and I get a vibe of trust from them. They did have a private chat though, so they didn't have to be so chatty to each other in the game thread.

cabot

This makes our surviving players:
4) Mazre [m] Town via Role
6) AbsolutBro [m] Town via being me
7) cabot [m] Town via Nin
15) *Splinter [m] Town via AB
17) nin1000 [m] Town via Ezekel kill
20) melonrabbit [f] Town via AB

Now, obviously that list is from my perspective, and assumes we believe Nin about both killing EzekelRage and clearing cabot. I am inclined to believe both for now. We will come back to this in a moment.

Of the 8 remaining players, we know that 2-3 are scum. Count on 3, I think, so we consider worst case scenarios.

It's hard to read Blargolocke, because we didn't have much to go on before and Blarg hasn't posted as of my writing this.

KyanBomb already has a lot of us on edge, which sucks for a replacement player but that's the way it goes. I dealt with that in Batman and people managed to look past my predecessor's posts. Unfortunately, Cherry's posts have only made people more suspicious.

The GodKitty completes our replacement triad, and for the few posts KK has made, I find it likely we have a town.

For permanent players we have

Stanley I'm leaning towards town, but probably my weakest of town reads.
Ty4on I am still wary of.
Xam too. His votes have been good votes, but for whatever reason they feel like "hey look, I did stuff for town!" votes.
Franconp I'm pretty town on. OTOH, if we believe the Switcher claim, Fran also becomes the most dangerous if scum.
Bronx - last but not least. I struggle to get a read because Bronx seems to pop in, make a couple posts and then vanish again.

So where does that put me for top scum?
Cherry
Ty4on
... Bronx? Xam? I honestly don't know.

There's also the elephant in the room of "do we trust Nin?" Nin essentially is claiming for two: himself and cabot. While I am heavily inclined to believe him, I am also reminded of Star Wars where one player (Palmer) "confirmed" another player (Raindoc) and it turns out both were fighting for scum team (even though Palmer was actually neutral). Again, I trust Nin and by extension cabot, but it is a thing worth remembering.

Is there a reason why you didn't include D3 votes?

nin1000

Banned
Yeah AB is that a cop claim or are you just assuming your town reads are as good as confirmed?

Also, fran i don't know why you're trying to complicate the NKs. N2 was explained by Haly eventually, N3 was a single kill but due to the neutral ability turned into a 3-person flip.

You're assuming a neutral SK missed n1 and n2, possibly hit n3 despite flips giving a reasonable explanation for the 3 kills?

You've peddled some bizarre theories in this game, I'm now wondering if this is to throw off Town as much as possible.

why the fuck is *splinter acting so passive agressive against me again ? i mean i know thats his stick but damn its annoying.

nin1000

Banned
Don't accept it, you're Bastion ffs.

and why the fuck would i as neutral act the way i do. Well whatever. Time to look forward and lynch scum.

I still need the info from you AB. how do you "know" that *splinter and melonrabbit are both town ?

kingkitty

Suspicions list:

BarryBlarg - I grown uneasy about Barry's behavior, especially with how he seemed more interested in whenever someone put him on their scum list, than actually taking a real stand, or a read list. As I said earlier, I am curious to see blarg in action.

suspicion level: medium rare to medium

Bronx-Man - initially expressed doubt about the early fight between Ouro v Verelios, but quickly changed his mind and took Ouro for his word, and became the first vote. I think the next votes for Vere was only after Ouro actually "role claimed" as cop. Bronx would later chime in to give a little doubt about whether the Widowmaker could really be a cop. Looking through day 2 it gave me a vibe of someone not wanting to talk too much about scum Ezekel.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220416445&postcount=1880

In this post from Day 3 he says Vere was "already number 1" on his scum list for Day 2. But I didn't get the vibe at all in Day 1 that he felt that strongly about Vere. In fact his read on Vere during that day came off as a very light null-read without much else to it. Coming into Day 2, his first few posts was about how he refused to vote for the vote leaders in Day 1, and casting the idea that perhaps Ouro v Verelios was just two people who "settled" on lynching each other.

suspicion level: medium well

Cherry Bomb - I've given her leeway but the swerve away from initially voting for Barry, despite only reading him as "???" while not choosing the people she did read as scum was not a good look. Although she later chose Splinter (who was in her scum list) to end a tie, and we know it wasn't a desperate move to save scum Mazre since he's confirmed town.

suspicion level: rare to medium rare

Splinter - Gives me pause when he basically did very little about his predicament at end of Day 3. However, if he truly is a JOAT, I'm curious why he didn't try to save himself with a roleclaim? Maybe it wouldn't have helped in the end since people might think it's odd there is multiple JOATs. For now I'll keep my eyes wide open.

suspicion level: medium

I'll have some more traditional reads after a decades long nap.

nin1000

Banned
Splinter - Gives me pause when he basically did very little about his predicament at end of Day 3. However, if he truly is a JOAT, I'm curious why he didn't try to save himself with a roleclaim? Maybe it wouldn't have helped in the end since people might think it's odd there is multiple JOATs. For now I'll keep my eyes wide open.

suspicion level: medium

I'll have some more traditional reads after a decades long nap.

Thanks. I still dont really get how anyone can put *splinter high up in their town read list.

The was off the hook on D1 and in D2 he was dead silent just to come back and tell everyone that they sucked. Very immature to say the least but thats almost his usual playstyle.

I still want to hear from AB about how he is "confirmed" town.

franconp

Did you read the roles PMs? If so why burb didn't saved himself last night? Or why he didn't saved Ouro, who claimed cop and got Vere, the second night? The only reason I see is because someone targeted him the first night.

And the neutral ability we don't really know, the wording is strange and Sophia's role would prevent the connection. Also it's a strange coincidence that WAMD would be modkilled last night.

I know it's just no good for you because if NIN is really a SK his claim of you being town means nothing. But just look at the facts. I will drop it for now as noone is interested but if we have 2 NK (mafia second kill was Eze, I don't see them having another killer, it would be to OP) the next night I'm not taking any chances and vote NIN.

cabot

I couldn't care less about Nin being revealed to be a liar regarding my own alignment, I've not been coasting by on that.

What I do know if that you've continuously been hitting targets who I solidly town read, and that's becoming a problem the longer the game goes on.

cabot

]Did you read the roles PMs?[/B] If so why burb didn't saved himself last night? Or why he didn't saved Ouro, who claimed cop and got Vere, the second night? The only reason I see is because someone targeted him the first night.

And the neutral ability we don't really know, the wording is strange and Sophia's role would prevent the connection. Also it's a strange coincidence that WAMD would be modkilled last night.

I know it's just no good for you because if NIN is really a SK his claim of you being town means nothing. But just look at the facts. I will drop it for now as noone is interested but if we have 2 NK (mafia second kill was Eze, I don't see them having another killer, it would be to OP) the next night I'm not taking any chances and vote NIN.

I did. I read that nowhere is it clear that Bear can target himself, and that WAMD's is immune from all actions bar kills. Which means she wouldn't be affected by Sophia.

did you read the role PMs?

franconp

Well then what's your input in burb's role and death? Why did he died and didn't saved Ouro?

All of you are going by read but ignoring the actual facts. Nobody can explain that and you all try to avoid that because you read NIN as town. Well if NIN is a serial killer and we don't discuss this quick it will be the end for us. 2 kills everynight? We won't have the 3 mislynchs at all.

cabot

They will receive access to a private chat and if one should ever die, the other will also immediately die regardless of any current protection they may have.

I've yet to see any evidence of Bear using his ability before this night, but this sentence hints towards him not being able to save himself as well as it being unclear in the PM.

What are the actual facts? I don't see a SK adding up by the nights so far, there are better explanations.

franconp

I did. I read that nowhere is it clear that Bear can target himself, and that WAMD's is immune from all actions bar kills. Which means she wouldn't be affected by Sophia.

did you read the role PMs?

So why didn't he saved Ouro? He claimed cop and Vere was scum. Why don't save our cop?

Well Sophia also was immune to all night actions bar kill. Which means she wouldn't be affected by WAMD.

franconp

I've yet to see any evidence of Bear using his ability before this night, but this sentence hints towards him not being able to save himself as well as it being unclear in the PM.

What are the actual facts? I don't see a SK adding up by the nights so far, there are better explanations.

That's talking about the lover kill, not the target. If Burb and Sophia were lovers and he saw Sophia being targeted why would he not save her and save himself?

cabot

So why didn't he saved Ouro? He claimed cop and Vere was scum. Why don't save our cop?

Well Sophia also was immune to all night actions bar kill. Which means she wouldn't be affected by WAMD.

1) I don't know. I can't think for Bear.

2) You're going to get lost in this mess, I'd advise directly asking Sorian what theoretically could be allowed by his stupid roles, and if he answers then great. If not, it's really not convincing evidence of anything.

cabot

That's talking about the lover kill, not the target. If Burb and Sophia were lovers and he saw Sophia being targeted why would he not save her and save himself?

1) He could've been targeted and can't use it on himself

2) WAMD's PM could allude to Bear's ability not working for the lovers.

Sorian, can you clarify anything here?

cabot

Did you read the roles PMs? If so why burb didn't saved himself last night? Or why he didn't saved Ouro, who claimed cop and got Vere, the second night? The only reason I see is because someone targeted him the first night.

Why is this strange?

She was modkilled either because

1) She didn't use her ability (Meaning on three night phases she either willingly didnt use her ability or was blocked)
2) One of her lover pair was killed (Matches up with the 2 deaths as well as her modkill)

Which do you think is more likely?

cabot

3) She got drunk and revealed her role to a player currently playing.

No one would be stupid enough to do number 3.

franconp

The way I see it: WAMD targeted Sophia and someone else. Sophia's role would deflect the night action back to WAMD. As WAMD couldn't be the target of night actions there would be no lovers. If WAMD didn't get any notification of her power going through and she couldn't read the lover's chat she could assume that everything was OK. She was modkilled night 3.

As you are not actually a character in the game and are watching from the safety of your own home, you can target all players and are immune to all actions….except for killing actions, I can always come up with a way for you to die.

This is the thing that make me doubt. Maybe Sorian could clarify this and tell us how, hypothetically, would work.

Good point. We should know if Sophia could be targeted by WAMD. I hope Sorian could help with that because we have all this mess because all of his crazy roles.

sure it would be nice, but i wouldnt count on it.

this is role madness,
and madness wouldn't be madness if everything made sense.

Ty4on

I don't see anything weird about these posts. We had no way of solving V vs Ouro until V flipped and since we had an extension on time we should not rush to hammer as Bronx implied.

Are you sure your issue with me isn't because I'm no longer the wide-eye impressionable newbie you took for a ride in DP?
Because if we should be wary of scum controlling the discussion and Vere being lynched is the obvious choice, why not turbo him? I just don't see the rationale from your side to argue for keeping the discussion going. As a scum player I totally see it with an Ouro lynch maybe being possible, but at the same time throwing shade at Verelios.

Why are you so certain Ouro was targeted N1 and also used a vest on himself? Couldn't Ouro have used it on someone else, Burb saved Ouro or whomever and used up his protection. Now we don't need mental gymnastics to figure out what happened last night, only that scum hit Burb or Sophia and made WAMD lose the game.

franconp

Because if we should be wary of scum controlling the discussion and Vere being lynched is the obvious choice, why not turbo him? I just don't see the rationale from your side to argue for keeping the discussion going. As a scum player I totally see it with an Ouro lynch maybe being possible, but at the same time throwing shade at Verelios.

Why are you so certain Ouro was targeted N1 and also used a vest on himself? Couldn't Ouro have used it on someone else, Burb saved Ouro or whomever and used up his protection. Now we don't need mental gymnastics to figure out what happened last night, only that scum hit Burb or Sophia and made WAMD lose the game.

Because Ouro said that he has reasons to go after Vere, someone pointed out that (I'm at work on mobile and can't look for it, maybe someone can help). That would mean that he knew he was targeted when his bulletproof went down.

Also we don't really understand how all this Burb, Sophia and WAMD thing went. The role's PM are contradictory and without clarification it's anyone guess.

Ty4on

Because Ouro said that he has reasons to go after Vere, someone pointed out that (I'm at work on mobile and can't look for it, maybe someone can help). That would mean that he knew he was targeted when his bulletproof went down.

Also we don't really understand how all this Burb, Sophia and WAMD thing went. The role's PM are contradictory and without clarification it's anyone guess.

Ouro had Verelios as top scum for almost all of D1 as well.

We don't, but one of them being killed, taking the other with them and WAMD losing is the definition of Occam's razor. Both being killed independently and WAMD losing due to something else isn't.

Where does AB get off hinting at a cop role then vanishing?
Apologies, I posted that fairly late my time and had to be up early to get to work.

I figure now is a good time to come clean

I am Reaper, Town Bulletproof Faction Cop.

Kidding. I am actually

Reaper, Town Hider. Yeah. Sorry Ouro, no DIE DIE DIE here.

For those who have no idea what a Hider is (like me before I got this role), it is a pseudo cop role where I pick someone to hide behind at night, making me immune to all night actions with two caveats. Firstly, if the person I am hiding behind is killed, I also die. Secondly, and more importantly, I also die if the person I hide behind is Scum. So as long as I live, I know that person is Town. I think you can figure out why I Town read melon and *Splinter at this point.

N1 I hid behind melon and lived. This is why when D2 showed up and no one was dead, I guessed that scum came after me and missed.
N2 I hid behind melon again. Why? Well both becuase I wanted to make sure I lived another night (some scum teams will go after the same target they missed, just to see if they are full BP), and I wanted to be sure there was no Switcher shenanigans going on. I lived again. So either melon was town, or was switched with town two nights in a row, which seemed unlikely. So like I said, either melon is town or the luckiest scum ever.

Last night I hid behind *Splinter. While I have not had a chance to double check that, I am taking it as indicative of town until something else gives me a good reason to believe otherwise.

I am on mobile and cant get back to get the quote, but cabot you asked why I did not include D3 votes. Honest answer is because I was using Sorians first post to jump to vote numbers and it is not updated. I did not really realize that when I was posting last night.

As for the whole Burb/Sophia/WAMD thing, I am going to go with the simplest answer which is that WAMD turned Burb and Sophia into lovers, one died and so the whole trio died. It is most likely that Burb was targeted and could not sure his power on himself. I realize that his role description does not say this, but it woudl fit with the in-game ability where Mercy cannot exactly res herself. Or it was a strong kill. Either way, in the end the actual most interesting part of the flips is WAMD: no in-game character. That shatters the basic 22 players = 22 characters assumption we have been under since D1. It also means that scum might theoretically have a fake claim supplied to them, although this would of course have tipped them off that there was a character-less player involved, so I doubt it. It does render a character claim basically useless though. That is all I am going to get into with that issue though. Best if it is dropped and we go on, because focusing on the dead players when we need to hunt a living player does us no good.

nin1000

Banned
Thanks for the clarification AB.

I would love to see franconp dead but I know that won't happen but well. At least we know have two more people confirmed.

Never in a million years would I have thought that splinter was town.

cabot

Reads from the remaining players not covered by AB or nin (who I trust currently)

Scum:

Unsure:

Town:

To correct my "surviving players and their votes" list:

Xam (Ynnek Vere Mazre)
Fran (Ezekel Ouro *Splinter)
Bronx (no-vote Vere Mazre)
Ty4on (Ynnek Vere Barrylocke)
KingKitty (Burb No-Vote *Splinter)
Cherry Bomb (N/A Ouro *Splinter)
Stan (Mazre No-Vote Mazre)
Blarg (N/A N/A N/A)

Looking at the votes:

1. Stan's votes. D1 Mazre was a contender, D2 he was not and D3 he was back as a contender. It looks like any time there was a chance to get rid of Mazre, Stan was there to vote. When he wasn't, no vote. If we did not already have a neutral exposed, I would accuse Stan of being a lyncher.

2. Quite a few No-Votes in there. Bronx D1, KK D2, Stan D2. (I am obviously not counting Cherry D1 or Blarg at all)

cabot

Barrylock- sure, why not.
basically a non presence this whole game, could very well be be coasting scum.

Mazre- ....yes?
i got scum vibes here on day 1 and nothing has made me change that feeling, unfortunately nothing has happend to really confirm my suspicions here either.
really would like to hear more from.

for now at least
vote: Mazre

AB just reminded me of this, I forgot to bring it up.

I read this as more in favour of Barrylocke being lynched over Mazre, but you concluded was different. Was Mazre a more definitive scum read than Barry?

Top Bottom