• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

kingkitty

in a regular game, multiple jacks + more neutrals might seem far fetched right now. but this is "role madness" so I can't assume shit.

considering some of suspicion I've developed towards Barry, I'm curious to see The Blarg in action.

I'm gonna write up some dank reads later.

*Splinter

I'm not buying that roleclaim at all. All about it seems strange. If NIN, who have a similar power (and I trust him a lot more), doesn't have a mayor disadvantage why yours do? Even NIN power sound more helpful than yours and it doesn't put you on the spot for not voting.

Also, let's say you are right about the role, Why didn't you used the second day? Vere's lynch was a sure thing and Ouro claimed cop. If there was a time to use your power it was that.

Why are you saying this?
Funny story, I tried to protect Ouro on N2, at which point Sorian told me to read my role PM.

As for why the disadvantage: I have no idea. I assume Sorian is jealous of my Mafia prowess so he gimped my role out of spite ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Joking aside it is weird as my powers aren't very powerful to begin with. Nin killed Zeke though, so I'm not interested in speculating on his alignment.

*Splinter

I don't even understand this. Why would melon realize that she was blocked. If there's a notification Mazre was the one that should have got it, and he didn't say anything about that. To me it seems that you are fishing to find out if melon have an investigative role.
If melon took an action that gets a result, then she'd know if she was blocked (or if the blocked person gets a notification, but I don't know if that's the case or not).

I didn't ask Mazre because he doesn't have a night action. If he does get a notification then I wouldn't even need to ask, he'd've told us by now.

franconp

A couple of observations I'm having after rereading the roles at home:

- Burb role is really weird and it also could have gave us a lot of info. He knew everyone who was targeted for NK everynight and that's a lot. It's a shame he didn't share the info with us as we would know how each night went.

- Cabot said that Burb and Sophia were lovers but Sophia's power deflected all actions taken on her. Would WAMD power affect her or it would also be deflected? WMAD's PM said that if she didn't used her power by night 3 she would be modkilled. Could it be that because she left the game? Note that Sorian didn't said she died but that she exited the game.

- We don't know if Burb used his power but as he didn't used on himself it could be that he had already used it. So this may change several things. We think that Ouro used his bulletproof on himself the first night and when it went down he went after Vere. The second night mafia targeted Ouro, Eze targeted Haly and Nin killed Eze and it may be a second shield that Ouro gave to someone. The third night WAMD left the game but was not killed and Burb and Sophia may or may not be lovers.

So I want to know the input from someone else about the possibility of a neutral serial killer: Ouro prevented his dead the first day and Burb saved someone else from the serial killer. The second night mafia killed Ouro, mafia killed haly and serial killer killed Eze and the third night mafia killed burb and serial killer killed Sophia. WAMD left the game because she didn't used her power. And a neutral serial killer would explain Vere's role. I want to read more opinions about this because It's a possibility.

*Splinter

A couple of observations I'm having after rereading the roles at home:

1- Burb role is really weird and it also could have gave us a lot of info. He knew everyone who was targeted for NK everynight and that's a lot. It's a shame he didn't share the info with us as we would know how each night went.

2- Cabot said that Burb and Sophia were lovers but Sophia's power deflected all actions taken on her. Would WAMD power affect her or it would also be deflected? WMAD's PM said that if she didn't used her power by night 3 she would be modkilled. Could it be that because she left the game? Note that Sorian didn't said she died but that she exited the game.

3- We don't know if Burb used his power but as he didn't used on himself it could be that he had already used it. So this may change several things. We think that Ouro used his bulletproof on himself the first night and when it went down he went after Vere. The second night mafia targeted Ouro, Eze targeted Haly and Nin killed Eze and it may be a second shield that Ouro gave to someone. The third night WAMD left the game but was not killed and Burb and Sophia may or may not be lovers.

4. So I want to know the input from someone else about the possibility of a neutral serial killer: Ouro prevented his dead the first day and Burb saved someone else from the serial killer. The second night mafia killed Ouro, mafia killed haly and serial killer killed Eze and the third night mafia killed burb and serial killer killed Sophia. WAMD left the game because she didn't used her power. And a neutral serial killer would explain Vere's role. I want to read more opinions about this because It's a possibility.
1. If he had the info there might be breadcrumbs, however I think he used his power N1, at which point he stops receiving info.

2. WAMD was ascetic, i.e. immune to all night actions (I guess this includes the mirror? It's a bit of an odd case that probably comes down to moderator discretion).

3. As said I think he saved Ouro. It explains the missing kill from N1 AND it explains Burb trusting Ouro / ignoring all his nonsense on D2.

4. Err maybe? It seems unlikely though, and requires a lot of gambits from scum/neutral nin.

I guess we could look at Burb/Soph interactions to figure out if they were lovers. I think the SK theory assumes too many things though.

kingkitty

I agree that the way it's worded for WAMD ,"failed to meet her win condition" does seem to imply she didn't use her ability. Especially since the PM says she could still win even in death.

Ty4on

If melon took an action that gets a result, then she'd know if she was blocked (or if the blocked person gets a notification, but I don't know if that's the case or not).

I didn't ask Mazre because he doesn't have a night action. If he does get a notification then I wouldn't even need to ask, he'd've told us by now.

Do you think franconp is lying?

-----------------
Top town
Splinter
Xam
AF

Top scum
Cherry Bomb
Blargonaut
melonrabbit

VOTE: Cherry Bomb

*Splinter

I agree that the way it's worded for WAMD ,"failed to meet her win condition" does seem to imply she didn't use her ability. Especially since the PM says she could still win even in death.
If Burb/Sophia were the lovers then she failed either way.

Do you think franconp is lying?
No. I never particularly doubted his claim, but since he switched my block target I thought I might as well test it (and melon a little).

franconp

3. As said I think he saved Ouro. It explains the missing kill from N1 AND it explains Burb trusting Ouro / ignoring all his nonsense on D2.

I'm pretty sure Ouro used a bulletproof on himself the first night. When it went down he knew he was a Target so he went after Vere. Ouro himself said that he had reasons to suspect from Vere, and it may be his shield going down. Also he didn't used it to proyecto himself the second day so he may have used it on himself before.

Ty4on

A- We don't know if Burb used his power but as he didn't used on himself it could be that he had already used it. So this may change several things. We think that Ouro used his bulletproof on himself the first night and when it went down he went after Vere. The second night mafia targeted Ouro, Eze targeted Haly and Nin killed Eze and it may be a second shield that Ouro gave to someone. The third night WAMD left the game but was not killed and Burb and Sophia may or may not be lovers.

If Ouro used his bulletproof N1 I don't think he'd show up for Burbeting. His role says:
Until you use your power, you will receive a report each day during dawn (the 3 hours before the day phase begins) of all of the players slated to die that day. You will be able to choose one to prevent the death of. The revived player will not be made aware that they were almost killed.
I don't think players that are protected from something else count because they're not slated to die.

franconp

If Ouro used his bulletproof N1 I don't think he'd show up for Burbeting. His role says:

I don't think players that are protected from something else count because they're not slated to die.

Yes. And we can asume that Burb used his power either the first or the second night as he didn't used it to protect himself last night (the role PM don't say it can't be used on himself). I really think that it would be the first night as he didn't used to save Ouro the second. So who did Burb protect? Why there was a extra NK? Maybe he was targeted the first night and he used it to save himself.

*Splinter

I'm pretty sure Ouro used a bulletproof on himself the first night. When it went down he knew he was a Target so he went after Vere. Ouro himself said that he had reasons to suspect from Vere, and it may be his shield going down. Also he didn't used it to proyecto himself the second day so he may have used it on himself before.
It's possible, and if he says he "had reasons" maybe that's what he was alluding to. I don't really see the connection though. "I was NK'd? That means Verelios is scum!"

Assuming he did protect himself... Then we have a missing protect from Burb (although maybe he didn't use it). Neutral SK works but in that case we have either
1) neutral SK nin fake claimed cop on D2 to confirm Cabot. This gets him too many town points and puts him at risk of being NK'd.
2) scum nin fake claimed cop AND the kill on Zeke. This makes even less sense as Zeke's real killer could counterclaim, and again he doesn't gain much by confirming Cabot so early.

I can't buy into any theory that requires nin to be lying. If he's telling the truth about his vig shot then we have no evidence of a serial killer.

franconp

My main doubt is why Burb didn't used his power to save himself last night or Ouro the second night? He had to be forced to use it before. Maybe another JOAT who targeted him?

*Splinter

My main doubt is why Burb didn't used his power to save himself last night or Ouro the second night? He had to be forced to use it before. Maybe another JOAT who targeted him?
Yes, Burb's power is a complete mystery if we ignore the most likely explanation.

Hmm...

Maybe we can spend another page or two speculating on what didn't happen.

Ty4on

How is Xam anyone top towm? Also do you mean AB?

Fuck, yes AB.

Xam's tone is really town and he was butting too hard with Ezekel for it to be W/W IMO. I didn't like his vote on Mazre yesterday, but it's kinda town Xam as well. I think he's usually active with votes near day end.

I've never played with scum Xam, but I don't see him really replicating his tone. He always has a solid opinion of things.

Fuck, yes AB.

Xam's tone is really town and he was butting too hard with Ezekel for it to be W/W IMO. I didn't like his vote on Mazre yesterday, but it's kinda town Xam as well. I think he's usually active with votes near day end.

I've never played with scum Xam, but I don't see him really replicating his tone. He always has a solid opinion of things.

I feel like he has barely had an opinion all game.

Ty4on

I feel like he has barely had an opinion all game.
What do you mean by that? He usually makes them very clear and doesn't hide them in walls of texts.
I am of the opinion that Cherry is scum
Her D2 post seems like she was trying to distance herself (I know she said it was just a quick run through, which is reasonable, but not mentioning Verelios, the hot topic, in any capacity seems suspect)

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Cherry Bomb (2)
Xamtheking .2392
Ty4on .2459

Ty4on (2)
cabot .2382
nin1000 .2384
*Splinter .2405 .2407

*Splinter (1)
melonrabbit .2399

melonrabbit (0)
*Splinter .2407 .2454

No active vote for Day 4:
*Splinter (has previously voted)
AbsolutBro
Bronx-Man
Cherry Bomb
franconp
kingkitty
Mazre
StanleyPalmtree
Blargonaut

Day 4 ends:
red_1477162800.png

8 votes for majority

Mazre

My take on why nin and I are still alive: scum was more interested in killing PRs at this point (assuming they believe nin is out of actions and knowing I don't have one) then killing plain townies.

It doesn't sound like you've read him.

If you want to nitpick words fine. I've formed an opinion based on someone I see as -- coasting, barely any game presence, highly detached and doesn't seem pressured at all to hunt scum. You can put him on your town list, sure. But you need an extraordinary feat to make the mental gymnastics required to place him as your FIRST top town. Not Marze who is 100% confirmed???

Vote: Ty4on

Mazre

So current claims are:

franconp - Sym switcher (is your switch mandatory?)
nin1000 - Bastion JOAT (cop/heal/kill - all used)
*splinter - ?? JOAT but only can act on nights when he didn't vote the day prior (block/heal/??)

Also a not very useful point - at least 1 hero won't be represented due to WAMD being a non-game character, unless Sorian did something weird and made a player multiple-characters.

So current claims are:

franconp - Sym switcher (is your switch mandatory?)
nin1000 - Bastion JOAT (cop/heal/kill - all used)
*splinter - ?? JOAT but only can act on nights when he didn't vote the day prior (block/heal/??)

Also a not very useful point - at least 1 hero won't be represented due to WAMD being a non-game character, unless Sorian did something weird and made a player multiple-characters.

AB has soft claimed, if we're reading between the lines.

Ty4on

If you want to nitpick words fine. I've formed an opinion based on someone I see as -- coasting, barely any game presence, highly detached and doesn't seem pressured at all to hunt scum. You can put him on your town list, sure. But you need an extraordinary feat to make the mental gymnastics required to place him as your FIRST top town. Not Marze who is 100% confirmed???

Vote: Ty4on

Why would I put confirmed people in there?

You haven't formed an opinion. A null read is a lack of opinion.

Why would I put confirmed people in there?

You haven't formed an opinion. A null read is a lack of opinion.

Why wouldn't you?

I have literally just told you my opinion on Xam. I pointed out his lack of present to him in the past and he has stepped up from what I've seen. You have yet to reveal what he has done that places him as a top town as opposed to just town in your opinion.

Ty4on

Why wouldn't you?

I have literally just told you my opinion on Xam. I pointed out his lack of present to him in the past and he has stepped up from what I've seen. You have yet to reveal what he has done that places him as a top town as opposed to just town in your opinion.

They're reads. There's no need to tell anyone I think Mazre is town because we all know he is town.
It's similar with Nin and cabot. Nin's claim makes him highly unlikely scum and if town cabot is pretty much confirmed.

Stop twisting my words. I put him in a list of top three town, but you make it sound like he's my absolute top town.
That'd be the ever so town read Splinter

I just said why. Xam is the Xam I know. Lot's of fluff, but especially D2 and later but he doesn't seem to care that the lynch goes towards a scum, he doesn't seem scared of being scumread and calls out bullshit when he sees it.

They're reads. There's no need to tell anyone I think Mazre is town because we all know he is town.
It's similar with Nin and cabot. Nin's claim makes him highly unlikely scum and if town cabot is pretty much confirmed.

Stop twisting my words. I put him in a list of top three town, but you make it sound like he's my absolute top town.
That'd be the ever so town read Splinter

I just said why. Xam is the Xam I know. Lot's of fluff, but especially D2 and later but he doesn't seem to care that the lynch goes towards a scum, he doesn't seem scared of being scumread and calls out bullshit when he sees it.

I'm twisting your words? Really now.

He would only know the bolded if he was scum.

And I personally put everyone who I believe to be town confirmed or not my list. Because yes, I don't know if you believe Nin and Cabot to be town also. How do you feel about Fran? See why this is confusing? You basically have a tier of top town above your top town. It's needlessly confusing.

Ty4on

I'm twisting your words? Really now.

He would only know the bolded if he was scum.

And I personally put everyone who I believe to be town confirmed or not my list. Because yes, I don't know if you believe Nin and Cabot to be town also. How do you feel about Fran? See why this is confusing? You basically have a tier of top town above your top town. It's needlessly confusing.

I had to read your post a couple of times to make sure you weren't misunderstanding me and thinking Xam was my top town.

Exactly. Scum!Xam would presumably be bothered by that.

I can make more if you want.

Confirmed:
Mazre

Semiconfirmed:
Nin1000
cabot

Towniest
Splinter
Xamtheking
AbsolutBro

Townie
StanleyPalmtree
Bronx-man

Neutral
Franconp

Scummy
melonrabbit
Blargonaut

Scummiest
Cherry Bomb

Franconp I've thought a bit about. I don't outright scumread him, but I don't see why him being a switcher makes him town. Normally a scum switcher is quite bastard because it can easily circumvent a doctor, but Burb and Ouro both kinda counter that with Burb being able to save anyone about to die and while Ouro can't save a claim directly his vests can "stick" to a high profile target.

Weren't you townreading me earlier? When did that change?

townreading is a strong word to describe it.

today,
with this very shaky claim that appears to have been brought on by towns attention turning toward you after your very passive play in recent days.

if it makes you feel any better you are at the bottom of that scum list.

Ty4on

townreading is a strong word to describe it.

today,
with this very shaky claim that appears to have been brought on by towns attention turning toward you after your very passive play in recent days.

if it makes you feel any better you are at the bottom of that scum list.

Since Xam is such a hot topic, why do you scum read him?

I had to read your post a couple of times to make sure you weren't misunderstanding me and thinking Xam was my top town.

Exactly. Scum!Xam would presumably be bothered by that.

I can make more if you want.

Confirmed:
Mazre

Semiconfirmed:
Nin1000
cabot

Towniest
Splinter
Xamtheking
AbsolutBro

Townie
StanleyPalmtree
Bronx-man

Neutral
Franconp

Scummy
melonrabbit
Blargonaut

Scummiest
Cherry Bomb

Franconp I've thought a bit about. I don't outright scumread him, but I don't see why him being a switcher makes him town. Normally a scum switcher is quite bastard because it can easily circumvent a doctor, but Burb and Ouro both kinda counter that with Burb being able to save anyone about to die and while Ouro can't save a claim directly his vests can "stick" to a high profile target.

Thank you.

I like how I'm as scummy as someone not even in the game yet :)

What have I done to fall from your graces anyway? Please tell me it's peeking.

Since Xam is such a hot topic, why do you scum read him?

pretty much the same reason as Barry, feels like very passive and safe play, trying to not stick out much.
recent games have left me extremely wary of inactive/coasting type scum, that kinda that way to easily go unconsidered.

Ty4on

Thank you.

I like how I'm as scummy as someone not even in the game yet :)

What have I done to fall from your graces anyway? Please tell me it's peeking.

Why would I care about peeking? I really don't see what Franconp is getting at with it.

I didn't like your reactions on D2. This sequence (6 minutes between the posts) especially had some weird cognitive dissonance.
We won't be any closer to having reason, motive, or information to base any of these claims until we lynch V.

Some of this speculation is being manufactured by scum. And I think it might be best to keep the wild theories to a minimum until we have something to actual base any of these claims on.

I strongly disagree with rushing to hammer. We have the luxury of added time. We should use it.
This was ~1 hour after Haly voted Ouro putting him at 3.

Ty4on

pretty much the same reason as Barry, feels like very passive and safe play, trying to not stick out much.
recent games have left me extremely wary of inactive/coasting type scum, that kinda that way to easily go unconsidered.

Have you played with town!Xam?

Barry outright ignored Ezekel on D2 while Xam interacted with him. They were both posting at the same time (#1329-#1426~)

Have you played with town!Xam?

Barry outright ignored Ezekel on D2 while Xam interacted with him. They were both posting at the same time (#1329-#1426~)

not in any game i remember well.

and that "intereaction" you brought up really does not amount to much.

why are you so quick to defend Xam (who is below both you and barry in that list), throw Barry to the wolves, and not appear to even care that i name you my top scum?

Top Bottom