• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

*Splinter

Still rereading past pages, but.

Lol
This is Burb's second post of day 2 (1st was just him saying he was reading back). I'm guessing this means he saved Ouro, which also explains all of his day 2 stance.

I hadn't considered that -.-

Well that's neat, but a dead end.

Literally dead. As in: "Ouro is dead".

I guess that rules out Fran's theory though.

franconp

Damn.

Still need to catch up with the end of day. I thought Haly died because they were the last one to vote for Marze and then recall was auto triggered. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Need to catch up with the whole end of day but I'm still for lynching Splinter. He didn't even vote yesterday.

vote: Splinter

Haly died because he was the Nk of the second night. His power let him stay a extra day phase.

roytheone

tumblr_mesgdzHRaP1qew6kmo1_500.jpg

*rubs belly*

*Splinter

We have 2 mafia down who really wanted the peeking to happen. Why don't we go for a third one?
Because it's a poor indicator of alignment.

We've had peeking discussions in multiple games now, people stick to what they believe regardless of alignment - which isn't surprising.

franconp

Because it's a poor indicator of alignment.

We've had peeking discussions in multiple games now, people stick to what they believe regardless of alignment - which isn't surprising.

I don't know about other games because I didn't follow one after DR but Eze really wanted it to happened. Let's see why he pushed for it.

Oo, nice reaction, look at that, good job Frannie

VOTE: melonrabbit

You are very predictable.

What can I do? I targeted someone who is a confirmed town and switched him with someone who I think is mafia. That's the best way I can use it. If mafia targeted Mazre I think there would be a scum less.

Be smarter?

Melon what were you doing last night?

Sleeping.

Actually I'll make that a closed question:

Did you perform an action last night?

I'm not that dumb.

We have 2 mafia down who really wanted the peeking to happen. Why don't we go for a third one?

Your argument is very flawed and the fact you cling to it while tunneling on me my whole point.

cabot

This is Burb's second post of day 2 (1st was just him saying he was reading back). I'm guessing this means he saved Ouro, which also explains all of his day 2 stance.

I hadn't considered that -.-

Well that's neat, but a dead end.

Literally dead. As in: "Ouro is dead".

I guess that rules out Fran's theory though.

I fail to see the connection

cabot

I was suspicious but you weren't one of town's top suspects. Was hoping to block the scum kill.

How many times do I have to claim JOAT before you acknowledge it, lover?

You know i scumread the person who last claimed joat?

I dont even know anymore

Help me understand why a scum splinter outs himself as a 'town' blocker at this stage in the game, where i have shown we have some leeway before real trouble hits.

I don't know his motivation for making such a claim. I would guess to confirm whether or not I took a night action the previous night. Since he hasn't answered my follow up questions I can't speculate more than that for the moment.

I don't know his motivation for making such a claim. I would guess to confirm whether or not I took a night action the previous night. Since he hasn't answered my follow up questions I can't speculate more than that for the moment.

Saw he did answer as I was answering youm

I was suspicious but you weren't one of town's top suspects. Was hoping to block the scum kill.

How many times do I have to claim JOAT before you acknowledge it, lover?

When did you first claim JOAT? I completely missed that.

cabot

Quite sure you're lying lover.

If you were a joat, you'd have went after nin or at least show some suspicion. You've done nothing of the sort.

*Splinter

Saw he did answer as I was answering youm

When did you first claim JOAT? I completely missed that.
I'm not going to search for it, but there's a post on day one where I mentioned "powers". I even bolded the s, it wasn't supposed to be subtle or anything.

And when Zeke claimed JOAT. Someone (I think Cabot) thought that multiple JOATs was odd, I claimed again then.

*Splinter is town. Ty4on or Cherry are probably our best bets at this point. Mobile only so looking back at votes will be a pain in the ass. Bout to eat, post more later.

franconp

I'm not buying that roleclaim at all. All about it seems strange. If NIN, who have a similar power (and I trust him a lot more), doesn't have a mayor disadvantage why yours do? Even NIN power sound more helpful than yours and it doesn't put you on the spot for not voting.

Also, let's say you are right about the role, Why didn't you used the second day? Vere's lynch was a sure thing and Ouro claimed cop. If there was a time to use your power it was that.

*Splinter is town.

Why are you saying this?

I'm not buying that roleclaim at all. All about it seems strange. If NIN, who have a similar power (and I trust him a lot more), doesn't have a mayor disadvantage why yours do? Even NIN power sound more helpful than yours and it doesn't put you on the spot for not voting.

Also, let's say you are right about the role, Why didn't you used the second day? Vere's lynch was a sure thing and Ouro claimed cop. If there was a time to use your power it was that.

Why are you saying this?

AB made a similar type of statement earlier towards me.

franconp

Ok, thanks

I blocked melon last night. Since she doesn't appear to have been blocked I'm taking Fran's switch as confirmed.

Which... isn't hugely surprising, to be honest, but there you go.

I don't even understand this. Why would melon realize that she was blocked. If there's a notification Mazre was the one that should have got it, and he didn't say anything about that. To me it seems that you are fishing to find out if melon have an investigative role.

Here is the exchange I'm referring to:

I have to use the .net site, so I can't single out a user's posts. These are rough reads based on skimming/scanning, so my reads may jump around a bit.

01) Haly [m] - leaning scum. During D2 he was up in the air re: Vere/Ez/Ouro. In fact pushing for Ouro to be lynched first to prove his claim (post #1597); if Haly is scum he would know that Ouro would flip neither cop nor Widowmaker.
02) Xamtheking [m] - leaning town. He was reasonably skeptical of Ouro, has a bunch of posts with probing questions and generally actively hunts scum.
03) Burbeting [m] - burb is hard for me to read. I cannot honestly remember if I have been in a game with scumBurb, that is how hard it is for me to read burb. I'm leaning town for numerous useful posts, but hoenstly I cannot tell.
04) Mazre [m] - I find the event surrounding D1's vote interesting. There were several ties, during which I am sure scum tried to move things the way they wanted. BUT post #1554, despite offering an "out there" theory, still wants to vote Vere.
05) franconp [m] - lean town. I find the convoluted reasoning for the no NK N1 suspect (the reasoning, not fran), but overall I think fran has been willing to explain out the logic behind his votes fairly evenly.
07) cabot [m] - Town via nin1000's PR.
10) Bronx-Man [m] - kind of a null read.
11) Sophia [f] - slight scum. Many noncommital posts. I cannot tell if some of her posts include genuine mistakes, or just attempts to cast doubt on other posters.
12) WhereAreMahDragonz [f] - Despite WAMD focusing on me, and despite multiple posts that fish for roles or power descriptions, I still get the feeling WAMD is town. Or really, REALLY brazen scum. Probably town.
13) Ty4on [m] - Leaning town. Finding inconcsistencies, good posts and such. I will give Ty4on a more thorough read when I can search.
14) Kingkitty [m] (formerly TheGoddamn)
15) *Splinter [m] - his fall from the radar feels sketchy scummy to me. I said on D1 that he was just kind of coasting behind cabot, and there was a D2 surge in his own thoughts, but they were mostly behind Ez (which in and of itself is not scummy, since I had similar posts). In #1027 he does comment at trusting Ez more than Mazre or Ynnek. To be fair, Mazre had (and has) been fairly quiet, but given that there was a conflict between Ez and Ouro at the time, I find it strange he would be trusted more than the other two. He kind of waffles in #1034, but it could just as easily be read as "trusting zeke only barely while not trusting the others".
16) CherryBomb [f] (formerly Kyanrute) - sketchy town to light scum. CherryBomb had a rough go, having to come in late in a heated fight, replacing someone that was already being scumread. Her posts since haven't given me great town feelings, but I cannot be sure of that is scum leaking through or just the effects of coming in late. (Been there too.)
17) nin1000 [m] - Town
18) StanleyPalmtree [m] - lowish direct activity with Stanley, but I'm still leaning town. Nothing has directly jumped out as scum.
20) melonrabbit [f] - Town, or the luckiest scum ever.
22) Barrylocke [m] - See StanelyPalmtree. I lean town on Barry, but really without being able to search nothing jumps out either way.

Huh? Are you sure about this?

Also, why I am lucky?

Er, honestly with a quick read I was. But now I am doubting myself.

As for lucky, you would only be lucky if you were scum. Because it would require a rather extraordinary set of circumstances for me to think you town if you were scum. For what should be obvious reasons, I will avoid going into any real detail.

Top Bottom