• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Razakin

Question, which of the Traveller's Pledge amulets are better for me, the one I'm currently wearing with my Witch Doctor, or the one I just got with 10cc, 100 chd and rerolled 20% cold damage to it.

Tried checking with D3Planner, but if I read it correctly, the one I'm currently wearing is still better, plus the fact that I can augment that. Right?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Question, which of the Traveller's Pledge amulets are better for me, the one I'm currently wearing with my Witch Doctor, or the one I just got with 10cc, 100 chd and rerolled 20% cold damage to it.

Tried checking with D3Planner, but if I read it correctly, the one I'm currently wearing is still better, plus the fact that I can augment that. Right?

If you're dealing Cold damage primarily, 20% cold damage will always be better than int, especially with those otherwise perfect rolls. That's unless your new ammy has no socket of course.

Even if you augment your current ammy, I doubt it's gonna make up for the 20% cold dmg. Again, assuming your build does cold damage primarily. If not... Reroll the cold dmg to whichever element is more important for your build.

Razakin

If you're dealing Cold damage primarily, 20% cold damage will always be better than int, especially with those otherwise perfect rolls. That's unless your new ammy has no socket of course.

Even if you augment your current ammy, I doubt it's gonna make up for the 20% cold dmg. Again, assuming your build does cold damage primarily. If not... Reroll the cold dmg to whichever element is more important for your build.

Well, currently running Helltooth Garg build with cold damage (which I did roll to that amulet).

Really wish there would be some wooden dummy where you could test your attacks to see which option does give better damage output.

stn

I have D3: UEE on X360. I want to get it for the XBO in light of the recent necromancer expansion announcement. I assume the two versions are already very different, right? I know Blizzard released some current-gen-only patches?

Razakin

So, the 2.4.3 is up on the PTR, and here's the small blog post of changes. Nothing really special, just quality of life changes, like Vault portal closing after 60 seconds of Greed kill, thus letting us do multiple vault runs on single session.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So, the 2.4.3 is up on the PTR, and here's the small blog post of changes. Nothing really special, just quality of life changes, like Vault portal closing after 60 seconds of Greed kill, thus letting us do multiple vault runs on single session.

60 seconds is actually a bit longer than it was taking us to restart via quitting to menu from town last night, but this is still better since it lets people do inventory management instead of sitting through load screens during that time.

Edit: There are a bunch of new legendary effects in there now - maybe it was updated. Looks like the usual set of new effects to create some new builds for next season.

"Fixed an issue which caused Wave of Light to sometimes fail to deal damage when players were under the effect of Epiphany"
- Finally!

"Rabid Strike - Spirit spenders that teleport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a distant target for free"
- Sounds awesome. This should be really strong.

eek5

60 seconds is actually a bit longer than it was taking us to restart via quitting to menu from town last night, but this is still better since it lets people do inventory management instead of sitting through load screens during that time.

Edit: There are a bunch of new legendary effects in there now - maybe it was updated. Looks like the usual set of new effects to create some new builds for next season.

"Fixed an issue which caused Wave of Light to sometimes fail to deal damage when players were under the effect of Epiphany"
- Finally!

"Rabid Strike - Spirit spenders that teleport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a distant target for free"
- Sounds awesome. This should be really strong.
You can at least do puzzle rings in between rifts as a palette cleanser and by the time you finish the next rift you can use another puzzle ring w/o restarting.

WoL is still garbage after TXI unless they make some changes.

---

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/5c1i6e/ptr_243_list_of_undocumentaed_changes/

Woah huge if true. Client DX11/64 bit now. Should run much better?

nice

TSM

Wow, I had to try the PTR to check out the new 64 bit client and DX11 support. It's an enormous improvement. I just played Rakkis Crossing at 144 fps. With my i7 5820k at 4.5ghz and my GTX 1080 the current client can't even play that section at anywhere near 60 fps, and even then there are huge frame drops into single digits.

The best part is that the engine actually supports frame rates over 60hz now. It's so smooth. Eek5's screen shot comparison is also spot on. It's like a layer of vaseline has been removed from the game. I wonder if Nvidia will also give us a driver tuned for Diablo 3 DX11.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Wow, I had to try the PTR to check out the new 64 bit client and DX11 support. It's an enormous improvement. I just played Rakkis Crossing at 144 fps. With my i7 5820k at 4.5ghz and my GTX 1080 the current client can't even play that section at anywhere near 60 fps, and even then there are huge frame drops into single digits.

The best part is that the engine actually supports frame rates over 60hz now. It's so smooth. Eek5's screen shot comparison is also spot on. It's like a layer of vaseline has been removed from the game. I wonder if Nvidia will also give us a driver tuned for Diablo 3 DX11.

The new graphics options are pretty nice too. Game looks much sharper now!

Raticus79

Man, why would they not mention a 64 bit DX11 client update on that stream? So weird. That's a bigger deal than the D1 rift.

Anyone seeing better load times with that version? It might be able to make better use of the available RAM for caching things now.

Wallach

Man, why would they not mention a 64 bit DX11 client update on that stream? So weird. That's a bigger deal than the D1 rift.

Anyone seeing better load times with that version? It might be able to make better use of the available RAM for caching things now.

Not really seeing load time differences, but mine are almost nonexistant on PC anyway.

Surprised they didn't mention the engine upgrades though. Proper AA finally, and SSAO. Awesome.

eek5

I'm definitely loading faster on the 64-bit client. From the time I see the loading screen I'm shaving like 3-4 seconds off. I only tried once so it might be a fluke.

Switching to a new zone is marginally faster as well (The progress bar doesn't even move 1 diamond on 64 bit).

What's most impressive though is how sharp everything looks. I'm surprised they didn't mention this at all at Blizzcon. The game is a lot smoother and there is a noticeable improvement in how it looks now.

Wallach

Grenades are kind of legit on PTR thanks to the Hellcat Waistguard change.

Fairly flexible too, in that you can decide to go UE go Grenade instead of Fan for Shadow set's AOE and drop Lord Greenstone for Karlei's Point in main hand with Dawn in cube. Unfortunately there aren't really any great quiver options that do anything for UE or S6 that matter, so I guess you'd just run Holy Point Shot? I think S6 suffers a bit more here because you will be running Simplicity's Strength so Impale loses a gem, whereas UE is fine with SS by making Grenade the primary dealer. UE will also let you keep Multishot for the extra crit chance debuff (which naturally pairs well with F&R for this, like Chakram), though UE lacks a strong Kanai's weapon slot option I think.

Could also choose to really double down on Grenades with LoN so you could get access to Aquila and Depth Diggers (since you will want to cube Hunter's Wrath here in any Grenade build). The UE/S6 needs to run RoRG just to fit Depth Diggers, and can't get Aquila in there, which is a bummer.

The design of the Hellcat Waistguard change itself though seems a little backwards. The variable roll in the legendary is 3-5 bounces, and it feels like you actually want that number as low as possible because it is always the last bounce that goes up to 800% damage (with each previous bounce only being an increasing 50% per), and cubing the belt puts the bounces at 5 instead of 3. It's also only a chance to bounce (seems like around 50% maybe at a glance), which feels a little lame for something that needs so much support to build around one item.

Jadax

Is Diablo cpu dependent or ram dependent (I realise to an extent I'll need cpu too - but I have a i3-380m, 4gb ram).

I'm thinking of upgrading ram to 8gb, but not sure if it'll actually make a difference.

Can definitely vouch for the new engine, with MSAA 8x + SSAO, the game looks very crisp and clean, I switched back to fullscreen (fxaa) mode and it's like the game is being upscaled from 720p or something.

rpJj3zj.png
MmugdF8.png

On side note I went on to try hellcat waistguard, turns out I was thinking it'd be awesome if it worked like WD firebomb that bounces between enemies but the 4 bounces are random and proc like 25% of the time, no ICD. Seemed alright on 6pc Marauder with loaded for bear.

w4ttsup

How could they not announce this during BlizzCon or anywhere else?

This is such a nice update. Images are much cleaner and sharper and loading times have basically vanished.

Excited to try a Bolas generator build!

nubbe

Kinda disappointed with the event.
I was expecting new levels and monsters that were from D1, not just a filter and low framerate.
The client update is pretty nice

Volodja

The event is just a touch cute, but that's it, the easter eggs and little things you have to do that remind the various quests are basically the only worthwhile thing in there and they are pretty limited.
The fact that they said that this could be a way to experience the first Diablo is kinda laughable.

Tristram is just the Diablo 3 map with some tweaks.
That map has gotten worse and worse each game, Diablo 2 already had a real shitty version of it.

TSM

Going back to the normal client is rough after experiencing the 64bit client. I was going to stick out getting the stash tab, but it almost doesn't seem worth it now.

Chumley

Banned
Darkening of Tristram fucking sucks, what the fuck is wrong with Blizzard? You had one job. Just remaster Diablo 1 or Diablo 2. God damn.

Blues1990

Darkening of Tristram fucking sucks, what the fuck is wrong with Blizzard? You had one job. Just remaster Diablo 1 or Diablo 2. God damn.

I was expecting a new area that had rebuilt the original 16 levels and the old Tristram in the Diablo III engine (including NPC's from that game), but what we got is a mishmash of reused assets & a lot of pandering. It also takes some D1 sounds and item icon art, then puts them in D3 with a changed camera perspective and awful filter over it, combined with janky, slower movement.

Everything about it is just Diablo III. And for all intents and purposes, you're just doing a long rift. Unless this thing get's a massive retooling, it isn't going to bring me back to the game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Yeah I watched a youtube vid and was incredibly unimpressed despite not having very high expectations. The cave and hell floors especially barely even look phoned in.

Wolfie5

Played PTR a bit, had to try "D1" mode, did not like the filter. Not sure I will play it once it goes live, didn't find it exciting or fun.

On the bright side I loved the improved graphical settings. Looked so much better and it became very apparent when I went back to live and everything looked blurry and less smooth in comparison.

Raticus79

inky

Damn Kripp went HAM, CHEESE, CROISSANT on Diablo 3...

From what I saw in Kripp's video in any other game this would be like a quick flavor mod someone did and uploaded to some fansite. Then you fiddle with it for about an hour, go: "neat", and move on. Kind of ironic considering Diablo 3 is completely unmoddable. If it was, I'd reckon we would've seen something like this (and better) long, long ago.

I understand it's free and basically a quick thematic thing as a thank you, but I still expected better from Blizzard.

Jadax

Where do I get the 64 bit client?

Seems like it's PTR only for now :( Was hoping to start playing on it - guess I have to wait till next year to play it.

Dahbomb

From what I saw in Kripp's video in any other game this would be like a quick flavor mod someone did and uploaded to some fansite. Then you fiddle with it for about an hour, go: "neat", and move on. Kind of ironic considering Diablo 3 is completely unmoddable. If it was, I'd reckon we would've seen something like this (and better) long, long ago.

I understand it's free and basically a quick thematic thing as a thank you, but I still expected better from Blizzard.
His main problem with this was that not only did Blizzard make a big deal about it at Blizzcon but they actually took crucial development time out of adding new content to the game to make this (and did a very barebones job).

Zeroth

Hey folks, out of curiosity, anyone mind helping me level my non-season characters to 70? I have all at 60+, wouldn't mind a boost :p

eek5

Are seasons the real endgame? Do people even play non-season?
Some people do. I mean your season stuff gets transferred over at the end of the season and you have all your paragons so some people do push leaderboards there each era or whatever. I usually just have my characters holding all their gear and it's all old outdated setups so it'd take me a while to go on and set everything up versus just PL someone 0-70 in 5-8 mins on seasons.

Zeroth

Some people do. I mean your season stuff gets transferred over at the end of the season and you have all your paragons so some people do push leaderboards there each era or whatever. I usually just have my characters holding all their gear and it's all old outdated setups so it'd take me a while to go on and set everything up versus just PL someone 0-70 in 5-8 mins on seasons.

What gets transfered over, besides the season rewards? I thought it was a full wipe, só every season your goal is to get the season rewards and thats it.

Oh, also, whats your bnet tag?

Top Bottom