• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Gothos

D2 HD has zero chance happening. The image suggest D3 expansion but it could also be Diablo 4. It's a given there will be returning classes in D4 (just like in D3) and it's also a given that there will be male/female variants. We'll see...

eek5

I guess they could kill seasons for those that don't get the exp. Dual leaderboards sounds like a bad idea.

More than likely people RoS won't even get seasons. They'll just have a legacy L70 leaderboard if that. Everyone else will be on L80 leaderboards or whatever the level expansion is.

IceMarker

isn't that every blizzcon :|

j1unm6r.gif

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
lol if this turns out to be the case:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/com...t_right_now_necro_art_leak_is_just_a/d9hngso/

My gut feeling is that it is an item for the BlizzCon charity auction http://www.ebay.com/rpp/blizzardcharity
Reasons for this is that the original image is sourced from the Blizzard gear store, and images for other BlizzCon exclusive items follow a similar url pattern
https://gear.blizzard.com/media/catalog/product/b/z/bzc16keyartmagnet_webver.jpg
Edit: Another (slightly long stretch) point is that the original Blizzcon charity article references "fine art" for autction and fine art appears in the name of the image https://gear.blizzard.com/media/catalog/product/b/z/bzc16_necromancerfineart_webver_3.jpg

"Fine art" mention is here: https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/20318430/blizzcon®-2016-charity-auction-begins-november-2-10-26-2016
Should find out later today I guess, since that auction is supposed to start today. (12pm Pacific)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
D2 HD has zero chance happening. The image suggest D3 expansion but it could also be Diablo 4. It's a given there will be returning classes in D4 (just like in D3) and it's also a given that there will be male/female variants. We'll see...

I actually feel like D4 could be a possibility. With D3 they wanted to monetize it via the auction house, but that failed. I don’t think they really want to keep supporting D3 via the standard old fashioned expansion format, I think they’d rather monetize the Diablo franchise more like they’ve done with Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, by smaller but more regular purchases for lesser content. Mostly with stuff like vanity items (wings, pets, transmogs, etc) while giving content like new areas and classes out as regular updates that everyone gets. They’d rather have the playerbase unified and on the same content level instead of segregated by paywall expansions and such. This would be especially true if they wanted to make the Diablo seasons more competitive with more trials and challenges designed to make the multiplayer competition more intense, something greater and more engaging than just leaderboards.

If we ever see a Starcraft 3 I’m certain their won’t be standard expansions for that either, it’s just not how Blizzard likes to do things anymore, they would rather charge hidden “subscription” fees behind minor but optional content and keep the whole playerbase on the same platform gameplay wise. And truthfully I’m okay with this strategy to monetize games, as it gives players more choice and control over how much they want to pay to play a game over time.

Diablo 3 doesn’t fit the new Blizzard’s monetization plan, and for that reason a “quick” transition to Diablo 4 wouldn’t really surprise me.

eek5

Now THAT is super interesting. If that necromancer pic isn't part of the charity event, then it is for something else. Very promising...

Or it is part of the auction but they're holding certain items back (sombra, necromancer, etc) for after they are announced. Either way pretty interesting!

Lain

They talking about D3 now and what they wanna do for the anniversary.

D1 recreated in D3. I could dig it. Coming in the anniversary patch?

eek5

They talking about D3 now and what they wanna do for the anniversary.

D1 recreated in D3. I could dig it. Coming in the anniversary patch?

Yup. PTR next week.

2 new zones for RoS next year

aaaand necromancer for d3. 2017 for RoS (edit: character pack. interesting more details at 5pm panel)

MrDaravon

Wait, is the Necromancer paid? If so it better be either cheap, or coming with some other stuff.

In either case I think this is fine and good news, but the timing of this seems crazy, I would have expected something like this happening late last year/early this year at the very latest given how barebones seasons have been for a while now.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Wait, is the Necromancer paid? If so it better be either cheap, or coming with some other stuff.

In either case I think this is fine and good news, but the timing of this seems crazy, I would have expected something like this happening late last year/early this year at the very latest given how barebones seasons have been for a while now.

they said "on sale in a character pack"

i dont think people were paying attention to that part

and i somehow guessed right that they were recreating something in diablo 3 rather than making a remaster. i dont know what thread that was in where i said it.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
lol, we're all so meh about it no one made a thread.

A bit disappointing, but still looking forward to it.

I definitely remember seeing some people joking about D1 being remade in D3.

Razakin

Character pack will have these alongside the Necromancer; in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs (on PC), a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil.

Also, Necromancer blog post is up.

eek5

Character pack will have these alongside the Necromancer; in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs (on PC), a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil.

Sounds like it'll be pretty far into 2017

lol, we're all so meh about it no one made a thread.

A bit disappointing, but still looking forward to it.

I definitely remember seeing some people joking about D1 being remade in D3.

I've never played D1 so this should be interesting I guess. :|

mileS

Wowitsfuckingnothing.gif

Seriously. Not even an expansion pack. Character pack? 2 new zones. What in the fuck. beyond sour right now.

Hey its better than nothing but damn guys. If it wasn't obvious the diablo is now the red headed stepchild franchise for blizzard it sure is now.

davepoobond

i'll buy it, sounds worth it as long as its under 10 bucks

i'm genuinely interested in the diablo 1 recreation though. its not going to be a temporary "event" thing right?

mileS

Bahahahshahhahahahahaha a mini pet, stash tabs and some banners. hey guys try not to overwork your staff too hard. Seems like a huge undertaking

All they had to do was show a title card for a real expansion or let the world know d4 is coming.

Lain

I really like D1 while I highly dislike D2, so them remaking D1 in D3 sits well with me. I wanted a true expansion for D3 though I wasn't expecting them to announce any of the sort, so I'm not disappointed at least on that front.
The Necro class is interesting, gotta have to see what other classes they're gonna include in that pack.

I really like D1 while I highly dislike D2, so them remaking D1 in D3 sits well with me. I wanted a true expansion for D3 though I wasn't expecting them to announce any of the sort, so I'm not disappointed at least on that front.
The Necro class is interesting, gotta have to see what other classes they're gonna include in that pack.

It's just the necromancer with some small extras.

Q: What will we get as part of the Rise of the Necromancer pack?

A: In addition to unlocking the Necromancer as a playable character, players will also receive an in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs (on PC), a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil.

IceMarker

I really hope they don't overcharge for the Necromancer pack (I fucking love Necro so I'll probably be willing to pay around $10).

Though... I was really hoping Blizzard wasn't going to go the SCII route and release "mini-expansions".

w4ttsup

Yeah that thread isn't worth the time.

Happy Blizz is still at least thinking about Diablo at this point, whatever we get, I am cool with.

Xanathus

I missed the Blizzcon livestreams and am just catching up right now, but I'm pretty hyped for the Necromancer class even if it's a paid DLC. I'm totally fine plonking down money for it unless it's something ridiculous like $30.

Wallach

Because that other thread is a shitpost bucket, these tidbits are probably better posted here (details from Diablofans):

- There will be two new zones: The Shrouded Moors and the Temple of the Firstborn.
- Seasons will be coming to consoles, starting with Season 10, including all Season Journey, Leaderboards and cosmetic rewards.
- We will be getting some great Quality of Life changes: An Equipment/Build Manager, and a Crafting Material interface.
- Upon reaching 100%, Greater Rifts now open a portal to a smaller Boss room where you fight the Guardian.

eek5

I missed the Blizzcon livestreams and am just catching up right now, but I'm pretty hyped for the Necromancer class even if it's a paid DLC. I'm totally fine plonking down money for it unless it's something ridiculous like $30.

No way it is $30. They just lowered D3+RoS to 30 so I'm guessing $10 or less for Necro.

Because that other thread is a shitpost bucket, these tidbits are probably better posted here (details from Diablofans):

- There will be two new zones: The Shrouded Moors and the Temple of the Firstborn.
- Seasons will be coming to consoles, starting with Season 10, including all Season Journey, Leaderboards and cosmetic rewards.
- We will be getting some great Quality of Life changes: An Equipment/Build Manager, and a Crafting Material interface.
- Upon reaching 100%, Greater Rifts now open a portal to a smaller Boss room where you fight the Guardian.

Holy shit that armor manager screen was real? I was assuming it was faked to troll people. Pretty awesome. Will make Non-seasons a lot more manageable for sure.

crafting mats no longer take up space

Jas

To add to this the Diablo 1 Dungeon is suppose to come out in January and only last a month. It will be a yearly event.

davepoobond

crafting mats not taking space is an unexpected one for me.

without the gear actually being stored like a stash tab in that manager its not that great IMO. unless it does work like that

To add to this the Diablo 1 Dungeon is suppose to come out in January and only last a month. It will be a yearly event.

shit, i had a feeling it would be temporary.

eek5

crafting mats not taking space is an unexpected one for me.

without the gear actually being stored like a stash tab in that manager its not that great IMO. unless it does work like that

shit, i had a feeling it would be temporary.

Craft mats isn't a HUGE deal but it's nice especially when grifting/rifting and picking up mats. Then switching characters and realizing one of them is holding all your stuff.

In NS I have like 5-10 stacks of some of the mats too so it gets annoying.

I don't see how armor sets will work unless it actually stores the item. Should free up a lot of stash space which I am happy about. For monk I mainly run one build for GR/Rifts but now other classes will work better if I can swap on the fly. Pretty nice QoL changes.

davepoobond

Craft mats isn't a HUGE deal but it's nice especially when grifting/rifting and picking up mats. Then switching characters and realizing one of them is holding all your stuff.

oh wait. are the crafting mats account wide then?

davepoobond

I'm assuming they are (not across NS-Seasons or HC but you get the idea)

Kind of curious how the cube will work with crafting and such. Maybe just drop your item in and select the recipe?

Yeah that has to he what it is. Or flip to the page and it does it instead of having to have the "recipe ingredients" in the cube first

Xanathus

No way it is $30. They just lowered D3+RoS to 30 so I'm guessing $10 or less for Necro.
It's Blizzard dude, they overcharge the fuck out of everything. Look at the 10 dollar hero skins in Hearthstone. I could easily see them asking for 20 bucks for this.

What is even the point of instancing a rift guardian fight. Can't see any good from that unless that is their solution for levels like the plague tunnels or act 3 type dungeon spawning a RG across the map and they can't fix that? ;/

Top Bottom