• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
fixed that for you

Ao80maP.png
I'm saving this so I can spam it massively in three days

edit:
The Akuma teaser was about Lang all along

『Inaba Resident』;225734079 said:
IG port with new netcode please. UMvC3 with KI netcode would be gdlk
They used GGPO in other ports, right?

Mœbius;225733940 said:
Serious question: if you could really know the whole cast now would you actually want to? Isn't half the fun / hype guessing who the characters could be?

Yes, I really would want to.

Mœbius;225733940 said:
Serious question: if you could really know the whole cast now would you actually want to? Isn't half the fun / hype guessing who the characters could be?

In this case, if the game exists at all, I only would want to know if the X-Men ban is real or not. At least it's less than 3 days till PSX

MoxManiac

『Inaba Resident』;225734079 said:
IG port with new netcode please. UMvC3 with KI netcode would be gdlk

Yes, please!

Hopefully if it does happen, it won't be a mess at launch like USF4 PS4 was.

SmokeMaxX

Capcom Cup commentators announced: Mike Ross, Ultradavid, James Chen, Vicious, Logan, F-Word, Tasty Steve, and Sajam.
Hmmm, wonder why Yipes is there then.

Man, on the Capcom side I mainly just want characters from all of their 90's fighting games... Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Final Fight, Cyberbots, Warzard, Power Stone, Star Gladiator, Slam Masters... just so many cool characters to choose from.

We all know it'll just be SF, RE, and post-2000 characters mainly though.

Skilletor

They've been fine with other ports before (Deadpool, MUA1+2). Seems that the "No Fox" rule only applies to games under their new contracts.

Other games don't directly tie in to a rumored sequel under these supposed rules, though.

Seems weird to use an old gane as an advertisement for a new game that can't use a lot of these characters.

Het_Nkik

Man, on the Capcom side I mainly just want characters from all of their 90's fighting games... Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Final Fight, Cyberbots, Warzard, Power Stone, Star Gladiator, Slam Masters... just so many cool characters to choose from.

We all know it'll just be SF, RE, and post-2000 characters mainly though.

Please lord just give me Akira in a goddamned crossover game (fighting or otherwise). I don't know how Batsu became the defacto rep. He's so boring.

vg260

Other games don't directly tie in to a rumored sequel under these supposed rules, though.

Seems weird to use an old gane as an advertisement for a new game that can't use a lot of these characters.

It would be an easy way to make money and ease the pain a bit though in addition to other positives, perhaps?

I'm more skeptical of it having new features/rebalancing though which might make the contract more difficult than a straight port.

PSqueak

Banned
Please lord just give me Akira in a goddamned crossover game (fighting or otherwise). I don't know how Batsu became the defacto rep. He's so boring.

Gee, i wonder why the main character, a ryu expy, which the game plot's revolves around is the face of the series.

Platy

bNYEbI7.gif

Yeah I would love to have Squirrel Girl vs someone from Battle Circuit ... but NO WAY this is true.

Like Battle Circuit is THE most ignored Capcom IP ever made. They NEVER ported (and it is a completly copyright free deal to capcom but NO they want to try to get the deals with D&D ) and the only time they ever referenced is the squirrel character ( Yellow Iris) appearing in ... felicia's ending from Capcom Fighting Jam.

MoxManiac

bNYEbI7.gif

Yeah I would love to have Squirrel Girl vs someone from Battle Circuit ... but NO WAY this is true.

Like Battle Circuit is THE most ignored Capcom IP ever made. They NEVER ported (and it is a completly copyright free deal to capcom but NO they want to try to get the deals with D&D ) and the only time they ever referenced is the squirrel character ( Yellow Iris) appearing in ... felicia's ending from Capcom Fighting Jam.

Felicia had a yellow iris alt in mvc3, didn't she?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What you should be looking at is the context and the ones with the #datmarvel
The context olso preludes as well. For example one he posted of showed wolverine saying that "he goes where ever he wants" and another of him fighting off a sentinel alone by pushing gambit out and locking the door.
And another vid of magneto ultimately wounded by plastic sentinels.
He could have been hinting at there exclusion in this title.

As for the others he had the #datmarvelclassic, most likely reminiscing of the old characters not being in.
Who knows, lupinko might just point us in the right direction soon.
If we only count the ones #datmarvel:

Cable
Wolverine
Spider-man
Cyclops
Magneto
Sentinel
Ghost Rider

Already seems like way more X-Men than I'd otherwise expect (5).

ZeroCDR

If we only count the ones #datmarvel:

Cable
Wolverine
Spider-man
Cyclops
Magneto
Sentinel
Ghost Rider

Already seems like way more X-Men than I'd otherwise expect (5).

I've only really looked at a few of the X-Men tweets, but they seemed to be anti-X-Men if that makes sense? Magneto getting his ass kicked or arrested, Wolverine leaving "we don't need him," Biclops (bye Cyclops).

pizzacat

Banned
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQ

eggandI

Banned
Mœbius;225733940 said:
No because I actually play these games lol

I just read the op and the first few posts, but is it really happening? This isn't bullshit? I keep seeing it pop backup assuming it cant be real. I don't want my heart broken was the reason yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom