• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Xbox One didn't get a port of USFIV, mainly because Sony funded that port. Sony may do the same for the UMvC3 port.

Forgot about that. So I guess it depends on who funds it like you said.
Though I hope it's Capcom. They're ports have been good so far. That USFIV port was kinda trash for awhile, since it seems Sony went lowest bidder.

i knew when the ports were first revealed they would cost more then usual. Could definitely see these ports costing more.

Guess we'll see if the higher price was due to Activision or Marvel greed. I want to lean more towards Activision.
They after all have been trying to sell at base price Prototype 1 and 2 remastered for 50 bucks. Even though the ports are more or less a worse way to play than the originals.
Though I will say if there's a case of Marvel needing a cut. Does make it seem more likely that they would add Origins and/or 2 to the bundle to raise the price and have more weight on doing so.
Unless they absolutely only want to sell this edition to the hardcore and not try to go for casual double dips.

Since unlike USF4, they don't have as many costumes to bargain with as it being value.

Sesha

aaron stack for mvc4

b1PzENX.jpg

A4uHJ6V.jpg

I always knew you were good people.

Give Heroes & Heralds mode local multiplayer and bring it back for MvC4. It is some fun shit that should be expanded on.

It would be great if it had a lobby system and matchmaking as well. It was kind of a waste of a great concept in 3 being only limited to fighting people from a different factions.

samar11

So people think this will be announced at the press conference or capcom tournament?
Wouldnt it be better at the presser since it will have a bigger media attention etc?
Cheers

tribal24

Banned
I want to believe if a port of UMVC 3 is coming it will release December - Feb. I hope the port is ready to release as soon as they announce if they announce a port!

I think the game will have 24 characters from the start. Just feels like a good number
If we're getting 2v2+assist, this fits pretty well.

So people think this will be announced at the press conference or capcom tournament?
Wouldnt it be better at the presser since it will have a bigger media attention etc?
Cheers
People are expecting announcement at PSX with gameplay reveal at Capcom Cup.

Kinsei

Banned
Cheers

I expect it to be revealed at the conference with an announcement that gameplay will be shown at the Capcom Cup. It seems like it would be a great way to drum up interest for the tournament.

Cheers

Conference, with a exhibition announcement for after Capcom Cup. Its what they did for SFV

Jawmuncher

If they go with characters that are assist only that opens the door for them to make bank with DLC assists.

I don't think I'd care enough to pay for assists by theneseves. They'd have to bundle them with characters.

*Get Mortigan with demitri&felecia assits* $4.98

Casuals still but DLC, and I don't think too many people would go "I need just that assist of my favorite character that I instead wish I could play as"

Roc Boy

Banned
I wish it were Marvel Super Heros 2 instead, especially since this will likely be going head to head against Injustice 2. MKX definitely ended up being more successful than SFV, so it would be another showdown between longtime rivals. 50+ Marvel characters without having to cherry pick would be too amazing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There's only one Capcom newcomer we need.

regina_2qdukl.gif

I'm so there if she could summons dinosaurs in the game.

What about getting a BoF character?
Just 1 isn't asking for much.
I need something after BoF series was buried 6 feet under after 5.

I know right. Two characters almost got in and missed their chances so I hope that it's third time is charm for us the fans.

And Super SF4 if I remember right.

No, that was Kensk.

I wish it were Marvel Super Heros 2 instead, especially since this will likely be going head to head against Injustice 2. MKX definitely ended up being more successful than SFV, so it would be another showdown between longtime rivals. 50+ Marvel characters without having to cherry pick would be too amazing.

So would nothing but Capcom characters. :T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom