• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
It should either be
A. An inate ability at full charge

OR

B. If you want piercing on all shots you need the already available piercing perk.

Either wouldn't bother me, but I think it'd be better if it's just always there. Tick damage on Tone when she puts up her Wall would force her to move out. It would make Northstar a support Titan in that sense.

ATM, Tone is the only one with her Sonar and Wall.

E92 M3

I can't believe we're complaining about Tone again lol. This game will turn into Destiny where Bungie nerfed everything popular. Poor Tone is already super easy to kill. In fact, I'd put Ion a tier above her for versatility.

That said, it's all about the Ronin life. Tone's are easy kills for me.

Izuna

Banned
I can't believe we're complaining about Tone again lol. This game will turn into Destiny where Bungie nerfed everything popular. Poor Tone is already super easy to kill. In fact, I'd put Ion a tier above her for versatility.

We're not, we're talking about buffing Northstar <3

----

JU9Vfz9.png

I'm ready for tmr <3

E92 M3

I support buffing Northstar - always have :p

I support buffing anything that is lagging behind. In general my philosophy on life is not to bring down the winners, but help everyone that is lagging behind.

--

And I guess I will play on the PS4 all weekend since double XP can't be used with the Gen 10 lock.

Izuna

Banned
Hear that Respawn? It's unanimous (unless the Volt nerf complaints).

Give Northstar the anti-Tone capabilities pls.

&#21531;&#12399;&#12488;&#12540;&#12531;&#12411;&#12393;&#24375;&#12367;&#12399;&#12394;&#12356;&#12369;&#12428;&#12393;&#12289;&#19968;&#30058;&#32654;&#12375;&#12356;&#12494;&#12540;&#12473;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540;&#12384;&#12290;<3

RedFury

This. I honestly think A is best for the fact that a peaking Northstar that only shows itself with full charges is scarier than a quick shot one. A Northstar with the inate ability for all shots to pierce will cause people to want to stand toe to toe and pelt a shielded Tone and still get out DPSed. If you know the only shot that pierces is a maxed one you would not even think about standing in the open charging. All in all I guess that's forcing a play style and against my own philosophy.

Izuna

Banned
What if each team could only use one of each titan.

I'd get annoyed with teammates picking and wasting the best titans

That would have been a fun mode, honestly. Sadly this isn't the time for Respawn to be adding modes considering the player count.

I think LTS is the only mode where it would really change much though. Maybe Competitive LTS should have it.

Do we know why LTS is a 5v5 gametype?

This. I honestly think A is best for the fact that a peaking Northstar that only shows itself with full charges is scarier a quick shot one. A Northstar with the inate ability for all shots to pierce will cause people to want to stand toe to toe with a shielded Tone and still get out DPSed. If you know the only shot that pierces is a maxed one you would even think about standing in the open charging. All in all I guess that's forcing a play style and against my own philosophy.

You're right in many ways.

Northstar would still have her counters, but if she is a disturber to Tones we'd have more Team chatter with regard to the different uses.

As of right now, it's just "I have my Titan!"

SwolBro

Banned
Gen 10 as well and very mobile. I think people should play how they want. If they are logging in every day and supporting Respawn, I'm happy.

I still have a ton of fun being mobile and flying all over the place.

It's not that dude. I have no problem with people playing the way they want to play. Here's the issue broken down: In Titanfall 1 people camped but it wasn't viable at all. To get kills in the first game the guns-

Required strafing and pulse trigger pulls (Carbine)
or
Required you to really move (CAR/R97/EVA)

There was no long range option that was easy to use and was insanely powerful. The carbine could kill you from distance but unlike Titanfall 2 in TF1 you could out strafe the bullets. Hell, you could be right in front of a guy mid range and if he didn't know how to pull that trigger correctly he was NEVER going to hit you if you were strafing.

I've had people miss while being directly in front of them because i was strafing like a mad man and because they held down the trigger instead of pulsing it. There is none of that in this game and i don't know why. I mean, there is strafing, it does work to an extent but it's far less effective. FAR LESS. The carbine is practically dead on regardless if you are holding the trigger down spraying. They made it such an easier gun to use like almost every gun in this game.

Add in some other issues and you have

• Overpowered range weapons with overly generous aim assist
  • Less strafing capabilities
  • An orange glow highlight
  • Maps that promote rooftop camping

Since some of those things are harder to tweak post launch they should at least lower the effectiveness of those powerful range weapons (g2a, hemlock, devotion). That's all.
Where do you play?
I normally play on Virginia 2 since it's the lowest ping but i've found better competition in the Carolina servers. Ran into a team of 4 (sage network kids) earlier today in pvp. First time in a while i've ran into a group that big. Still won. Good games though.

RedFury

It's not that dude. I have no problem with people playing the way they want to play. Here's the issue broken down: In Titanfall 1 people camped but it wasn't viable at all. To get kills in the first game the guns-

or

There was no long range option that was easy to use and was insanely powerful. The carbine could kill you from distance but unlike Titanfall 2 in TF1 you could out strafe the bullets. Hell, you could be right in front of a guy mid range and if he didn't know how to pull that trigger correctly he was NEVER going to hit you if you were strafing.

I've had people miss while being directly in front of them because i was strafing like a mad man while they held down the trigger instead of pulsing it. There is none of that in this game and i don't know why. I mean, there is strafing, it does work to an extent but it's far less effective. FAR LESS. The carbine is practically dead on regardless if you are holding the trigger down spraying. They made it such an easier gun to use like almost every gun in this game.

I normally play on Virginia 2 since it's the lowest ping but i've found better competition in the Carolina servers. Ran into a team of 4 (sage network kids) earlier today in pvp. First time in a while i've ran into a group that big. Still won. Good games though.
I apologize meant ecosystem. PC, Xbox, Playstation?

ironcreed

Banned

I sure as hell don't feel like I have some advantage using Tone and Hemlock. I get wrecked regularly and have about the same mix of good and bad matches.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So I've realized that I was holding down the fire button way too much lol. I know to tap and usually do in most games (COD, etc) but for some reason I was trying to just spray in this game.

Tapping makes hip fire work much better (and shooting in general) imagine that

Izuna

Banned
Cobalt, you trying to get banned or juniored? Skipping out on making OT2??

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323327

6 months.

I can send the notes for OT2 if someone wants (a few images were made).

Regarding that thread though... there seems to be something going on here (it was supposed to be a test for the R2 OT2).

VnrOmsv.png

For some reason, the dark theme colour changes when it is uploaded. Probably should have tested in this thread instead.

Izuna

Banned
What the heck have you done Izuna? Drunk? Account stolen?

Some images I wanted to use (text actually) clashed hard depending on the theme people used, and finding a middle ground was hard. So I had this idea to essentially hide it based on your theme so you got the best visibility regardless.

I could only really test this by making a thread, because of this strange issue where after uploading it wouldn't take. Anyway, what's done is done?

This OT, for example, says *best viewed in dark theme*, and I was looking for a solution.

Some images I wanted to use (text actually) clashed hard depending on the theme people used, and finding a middle ground was hard. So I had this idea to essentially hide it based on your theme so you got the best visibility regardless.

I could only really test this by making a thread, because of this strange issue where after uploading it wouldn't take. Anyway, what's done is done?

This OT, for example, says *best viewed in dark theme*, and I was looking for a solution.

That is really not necessary, you can always post the OT first then make adjustment, no one ever said you can't edit an OT.

Hjod

Banned
So, any good Ronin players that can give me some pointers. I really like playing with Ronin but I'm awful at it.

Izuna

Banned
That is really not necessary, you can always post the OT first then make adjustment, no one ever said you can't edit an OT.

Well, I wanted to prepare for it. The only way for "myself" to see the change is to submit it, log out, then append ?&styleid=40 to end of my url.

But I also wasn't sure if the issue I was having where I couldn't get the background colour right was affecting only myself. I imagine I got juniored for the presentation rather than the test.

E92 M3

or

I've had people miss while being directly in front of them because i was strafing like a mad man and because they held down the trigger instead of pulsing it. There is none of that in this game and i don't know why. I mean, there is strafing, it does work to an extent but it's far less effective. FAR LESS. The carbine is practically dead on regardless if you are holding the trigger down spraying. They made it such an easier gun to use like almost every gun in this game.

Since some of those things are harder to tweak post launch they should at least lower the effectiveness of those powerful range weapons (g2a, hemlock, devotion). That's all.

I fully understand what you're saying, but I just don't want the proposed changes to scare away any fans that only want to camp on rooftops. It's a delicate balance to keep everyone happy in one way or another.

Also, I do like that first assault rifle unlocked is a great utility weapon - no one feels left behind by being low level.

I sure as hell don't feel like I have some advantage using Tone and Hemlock. I get wrecked regularly and have about the same mix of good and bad matches.

Indeed, while those things are easier to use, proficiency still takes time. Easy to play, hard to master is the Nintendo game philosophy and I fully agree with it.

So, any good Ronin players that can give me some pointers. I really like playing with Ronin but I'm awful at it.

What is the Ronin kit that you prefer to use?

--

Izuna, why didn't you just test it here lol?

RedFury

Smoke/nuclear/turbo and double arc wave. Arc wave instant destroys shields, Legions and Tones. Bust barriers unload on weak point phase dash to reload repeat. If you ever feel you might phase dash inside a titan (which results in auto kill) block to prevent death. Pop smoke to do constant damage while you unload. My brother swears by Highlander and goes on like what feels like minute long tears with it infiniboostin around the map chopping pilot, titans, grunts.

Well, I wanted to prepare for it. The only way for "myself" to see the change is to submit it, log out, then append ?&styleid=40 to end of my url.

But I also wasn't sure if the issue I was having where I couldn't get the background colour right was affecting only myself. I imagine I got juniored for the presentation rather than the test.

Yeah you should have just state your intention in the thread clearly, you'll only get the thread closed and nothing else.

Hjod

Banned
What is the Ronin kit that you prefer to use?

I've not unlocked that much of the kits yet. Just started playing with Ronin, but at the moment I'm using Nuke Eject/One more dash and the rest just standard.

I usually start a fight with unloading the Leadwall into the other Titan, the dashing in and using my melee, if I'm far away I phase close to them.

Smoke/nuclear/turbo and double arc wave. Arc wave instant destroys shields, Legions and Tones. Bust barriers unload on weak point phase dash to reload repeat. If you ever feel you might phase dash inside a titan (which results in auto kill) block to prevent death. Pop smoke to do constant damage while you unload. My brother swears by Highlander and goes on like what feels like minute long tears with it infiniboostin around the map chopping pilot, titans, grunts.

Weak points? Wait, do Titans have weak points that do extra damage if you hit them? So I should phase out to reload my Leadwall or the Arc wave?

Thanks for the pointers guys haha, I'm kinda good at the game while I'm running as a pilots but in a Titan I'm lost unless I'm using Tone.

deoee

I've not unlocked that much of the kits yet. Just started playing with Ronin, but at the moment I'm using Nuke Eject/One more dash and the rest just standard.

I usually start a fight with unloading the Leadwall into the other Titan, the dashing in and using my melee, if I'm far away I phase close to them.

Weak points? Wait, do Titans have weak points that do extra damage if you hit them? So I should phase out to reload my Leadwall or the Arc wave?

Thanks for the pointers guys haha, I'm kinda good at the game while I'm running as a pilots but in a Titan I'm lost unless I'm using Tone.

The red glowing parts are weak points!
You can damage a titan with your main gun when you hit those spots!

RedFury

Yeah I believe it's a straight 2X damage multiplier. Also shotgun does more DPS than sword, save that sword swing for doomed state. Shotgun and dash to a side while reloading to break off there lock of you. I typically save phase to avoid certain abilities. Think a Tone or Legion always start with arc wave. When shield is down unload dash reload. If you anticipate missles or a burst shot then PHASE dash behind while reloading. Just feel out situations, say for instance: Your trading with legion if NO shield comes up (it could be on cool down or he felt you weren't a threat) dont start with arc wave but empty your mag for DPS. When he does put it up (because it came off cool down or is now feeling threatened) phase dash behind while reloading. Now he's a sitting [Fat] duck with his back to you and the slowest turn speed in the game (when his shields out). END HIM SPACE COWBOY!

Hjod

Banned
The red glowing parts are weak points!
You can damage a titan with your main gun when you hit those spots!

Ah ok, how the hell have I missed that. Do you need to be close to the Titans to see them at all, cause I used to only play Tone which meant I would be far away while attacking. Can I do crit damage even if the areas are not flashing or it doesn't matter?

Yeah I believe it's a straight 2X damage multiplier. Also shotgun does more DPS than sword, save that sword swing for doomed state. Shotgun and dash to a side while reloading to break off there lock of you. I typically save phase to avoid certain abilities. Think a Tone or Legion always start with arc wave. When shield is down unload dash reload. If you anticipate missles or a burst shot then PHASE dash behind while reloading. Just feel out situations, say for instance: Your trading with legion if NO shield comes up (it could be on cool down or he felt you weren't a threat) dont start with arc wave but empty your mag for DPS. When he does put it up (because it came off cool down or is now feeling threatened) phase dash behind while reloading. Now he's a sitting [Fat] duck with his back to you and the slowest turn speed in the game (when his shields out). END HIM SPACE COWBOY!

Ah ok, cause I used to just dash in and start swinging haha. I will try this out when I get home from work. Thanks guys for taking the time to help me out! :)

As long as you hit the weakspots you do the dmg.

I don't know when they flash etc. but Scorch has them on the Turbine grills and on the "face"-plate

Yeah I looked at a video on youtube and it seems most Titans are most vulnerable around the cockpit. I don't think I've ever seen the crit areas flash, but maybe I'll see em more now when I'm looking for them. Thanks.

It doesn't matter it's head/chest area of all titans (where the pilot enters). Northstar's is the worst, her entire torso is a weak spot. You ever hit a titan and see your hitman kershaw turn from white Xs to red ones, that's a crit.

Ok, that would explain why the hit marker turns red sometimes. Haha, it's like a whole new world opened up for me haha.

RedFury

Ah ok, how the hell have I missed that. Do you need to be close to the Titans to see them at all, cause I used to only play Tone which meant I would be far away while attacking. Can I do crit damage even if the areas are not flashing or it doesn't matter?
It doesn't matter it's head/chest area of all titans (where the pilot enters). Northstar's is the worst, her entire torso is a weak spot. You ever hit a titan and see your hit markers turn from white Xs to red ones, that's a crit.

deoee

It doesn't matter it's head/chest area of all titans (where the pilot enters). Northstar's is the worst, her entire torso is a weak spot. You ever hit a titan and see your hitman kershaw turn from white Xs to red ones, that's a crit.

It is?...

but... why? She's already the weakest Titan with no shield/block :|

Arttemis

I wish I could have mode-based loadouts, with an option to auto-select one when switching modes. The presets per mode to choose from would make me much happier, even if they have to be unlocked via leveling.

I'm all for Titan loadouts, too.

The biggest thing I would airboats, though, is a UI overlay that let you select loadouts during the mission into. Choosing Titans before a match is like whack a mole when you change based on your team's needs, only to return to the screen to see they have changed as well.

Izuna

Banned
Now who's gonna be a team player and post OT2 in Gaming side? &#128064;

I would have gotten juniored for that anyway!
I wasn't going to

I am however looking for a volunteer to help me post the OT2. I've done a bit of work on it...

Ishmae1

Any suggestions from you guys who love Scorch?

Scorch is a "trap and kill" titan. He has the fastest non-core kill time if you can contain an enemy titan, and can take out entire groups of them if you flank distracted ones. Don't engage in wide-open spaces, that's just asking for death against equally skilled titans.

The key is getting good with the gas canister placement and limiting the movement of your opponents with them. They stay around for quite a while, so even the threat of one in an area can be a deterrent to the enemy team - you don't need to always ignite them immediately. Try to fire them beyond or to the side of your opponent, not necessarily in front of them, and then back them into the area and light it up. I also use them through windows to cover bank deposits for my team quite a bit.

Flame wall is nice to block space or toss down an area of limited mobility, like the streets of angel city, or to catch fleeing pilots.

I generally play scorch midrange and push titans around with the threat of flame shield (enhanced flame shield is a very useful upgrade). You have to play patient though, and that means taking damage sometimes, as you don't have good closing speed. Also, don't forget that flame shield can melt any incoming attack except for core abilities, and you can feather it with good timing to extend its active time.

I'd suggest running dash core so that when you burn down ronins that dash in, you can escape their inevitable nuke eject shenanigans, or wait out an opponent's dash backs, then use yours to close for melting with shield or to put pressure on the enemy to back into your traps.

Scorch is likely the one of the best balanced titans in the game with great strengths and weaknesses, which sadly makes him come up short against some of the others >cough< Tone >cough< in how the game is paced.

Top Bottom