• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

cabot

I LIKE TIM SO FAR. HE'S OFFERING THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS VERY OPENLY. HE IS ALSO TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO DO THINGS.

STILL TRYING TO DECIDE IF ACOHRS IS TOWN OR SCUM.

SOPHIA IS OKAY FOR ME.

I'D LIKE SPLINTER TO EXPLAIN HIS VOTE.

CAPITAL LETTERS.

Ty4on

Kawls start to this game is so lazy I currently think it would be an insult to his team if he was scum

Isn't his scum play kinda quiet? Last time I saw him scum in forum disguise was Love Boat, but I've played against him in live games where he's more quiet when scum.

-------

XX:54
raid night last night so I didn't really read the thread well. Going to get some breakfast and caffeine and come back. Going to be "awesome" trying to keep up with this thread though.
XX:56
OK moving on swiftly from my prior mistake, let's try a real prod vote. So who hasn't commented yet? Cabot says splinter, Kawl, and absolutbro. Splinter and Absolut have commented, so just gotta get back on the horse!

vote: Kawl

What are your thoughts on this game? Is ramen a godlike dish?

You're fast

cabot

Isn't his scum play kinda quiet? Last time I saw him scum in forum disguise was Love Boat, but I've played against him in live games where he's more quiet when scum.

He was shackled to Blarg under some circumstances. I honestly think he would've tried a bit more than he has if he was scum at this stage.

I don't feel like an inactive lynch is necessary today though, so since I currently don't see scum I probably wouldn't vote there.

Ty4on

He was shackled to Blarg under some circumstances. I honestly think he would've tried a bit more than he has if he was scum at this stage.

I don't feel like an inactive lynch is necessary today though, so since I currently don't see scum I probably wouldn't vote there.

Kinda agree with that. We should have pretty active scum players here. I'm extra cautious with town reads because of that and past experiences.

CzarTim

I will probably be inactive too. Depends on how work is and activity here.

Is there anything else behind your vote?
When someone comes to very different conclusions from the same data I tend to raise an eyebrow. But in terms of something specific, no. Not now.

cabot

I initially thought Natikos reads were far too detailed and was trying to appear like he was doing something.

After reading them though, there are some surprising opinions there and he was the first person to go into that much detail, so I'm reading it as quite town.

acohrs

-------

XX:54

XX:56

You're fast

Actually was going to vote absolut and started writing that but it took several minutes since I was on phone. Went back to thread to check the correct names and saw new posts and that absolut had posted. Instead of scrapping the post, just switched it to Kawl without checking for prior prods hence the mistake...

franconp

Currently Stan seems wrong to me. He is playing completely differently has he played in Overwatch. It's the only game I played with him so it's not a really good read but I remember him being less of a joker there.

CzarTim

What are your reads of Splinter and Kyan then?

I talked about splint last page, but his main contribution has mainly been asking questions without a lot of providing a lot of opinions of his own. It feels like an easy way for scum to contribute. His first post stood out to me because it felt like he was buttering up to me, and that makes me feel uncomfortable. Like 'hey, look how town we both are.'

The cabot vote stands out as being lazy / trolly, and I'd like to him to contribute a bit more.

Kyan is blarg levels of unhelpful.

CzarTim

Rereading melon, her early game posts are strong but then she sort of drops off.

So, what are your current thoughts, mel?

CzarTim

Rereading melon, her early game posts are strong but then she sort of drops off.

So, what are your current thoughts, mel?

eh #423 is okay, and that was 24 hours ago. There was just a lot of fluff after that. Still would like to hear from you though

Ty4on

What are your thought's on Sorian's vote? You felt the need to respond to me, but not him?
There was more progression so I felt like I understood it better. I also didn't think he'd be awake and wanted a quick reply.

Regarding my own reads tho I actually scum read Sorian more than you. Your playstyle right now isn't terrible uncommon for scum, but seems more town than scum and isn't how I'm used to you playing as scum.
After Persona I don't wanna spend too much effort reading Sorian, but he isn't paying me much attention for someone voting on me. While his read is logical it seems maybe a bit too "by the book".

Work now in case I don't respond for 9 hours

nin1000

Banned
Something feels off about nin, can't put my finger on it yet but it's something I'm aware of.

As soon as you know ,please let me know in order to correct you and just show you how wrong your are.

In other news I thought you are usually a lot more talkative. Let hope this has something to do with the weekend.

Will put down my thoughts on the current game down later this day since I am now heading off to the cinema.

Feel free to ask me something or blame me for whatever things you like.

Sophia

Sophia – Has shared some good opinions, been active, but has also made some very strange remarks. Post 462 sticks out to me as an odd one.

I feel like I hear some variant of this every game I play, lol.

Just wanted to correct you that that was not was I was saying in that post.
I thought I made myself clear that the idea of killing inactives on day 1 was a idea full of DooDoo.

Ooh, sorry, I misread. Noted!

Sophia

This is also a weird thing to say. Splint maybe wrote half a paragraph on sophia without a vote then completely dropped it.

Vote: Ty4on

Is there anything else behind your vote?

When someone comes to very different conclusions from the same data I tend to raise an eyebrow. But in terms of something specific, no. Not now.

What are your reads of Splinter and Kyan then?

I talked about splint last page, but his main contribution has mainly been asking questions without a lot of providing a lot of opinions of his own. It feels like an easy way for scum to contribute. His first post stood out to me because it felt like he was buttering up to me, and that makes me feel uncomfortable. Like 'hey, look how town we both are.'

The cabot vote stands out as being lazy / trolly, and I'd like to him to contribute a bit more.

Kyan is blarg levels of unhelpful.

What are your thought's on Sorian's vote? You felt the need to respond to me, but not him?

There was more progression so I felt like I understood it better. I also didn't think he'd be awake and wanted a quick reply.

Regarding my own reads tho I actually scum read Sorian more than you. Your playstyle right now isn't terrible uncommon for scum, but seems more town than scum and isn't how I'm used to you playing as scum.
After Persona I don't wanna spend too much effort reading Sorian, but he isn't paying me much attention for someone voting on me. While his read is logical it seems maybe a bit too "by the book".

Work now in case I don't respond for 9 hours

Alright, I think that exchange with Ty made me feel better about him.

unvote

Hmm...

I wanted to see how he reacted to pressure. I am satisfied.

How the hell does this qualify as pressure? If anything, it looks like he pressured you. :p

Also, Ty4on's "Is there anything else behind your vote?" bothers me, because it seems like a lazy way of discrediting your vote there.

Natiko

Banned
You still feel very different from Persona. What is different to you in this game? Like what are you doing here that you weren't in Persona etc?
Well in Persona I had no clue what to look for D1. I also knew my win condition mainly centered around not dying so I didn't want to make too much noise. This time I feel a little more informed about what to look for and I am taking better notes as a result. So I guess I'd say more confidence combined with not needing to blend as much.

I initially thought Natikos reads were far too detailed and was trying to appear like he was doing something.

After reading them though, there are some surprising opinions there and he was the first person to go into that much detail, so I'm reading it as quite town.
I knew they would seem overkill compared to what most had posted, but I had all the info from taking notes so I figured I should put it to use. When there's so many players still the notes help me keep everything straight.

CzarTim

Hmm...

How the hell does this qualify as pressure? If anything, it looks like he pressured you. :p

Also, Ty4on's "Is there anything else behind your vote?" bothers me, because it seems like a lazy way of discrediting your vote there.
That is a good point, I had read it more as him wanting to initiate a conversation. As for him pressuring me, yeah, of course. It was a weak vote to begin with. I'd expect him to push me on it.

Natiko

Banned
TBF based on my posts and mistakes yesterday I completely get the case against me so can't fault you there. However, I would argue that I've made myself an easy target by making N00B mistakes rather than being caught out. Said more in my defence yesterday but you do what you got to do man.
The newbie angle is a hard one for me to accept as an excuse since you performed so well previously. It also requires that I believe you would play worse as town than you do as scum. We also have a lot of talk surrounding you so your flip will be beneficial.

Natiko

Banned
2nd ever game, first from the start. Difference from playing as scum so far, well tbh it's a lot harder haha. Scum you know the teams divided perfectly minus neutral, but neutral was already gone. Here, well you're trying to catch onto slips and suspicions, but since there's been no lynching or votes, it's very hard to link actions to peeps. Were just going on words and he say/she say, and as a famous poet once said words are cheap.

I stick by what I said earlier although as pointed out correctly, I probably said it too soon. Think today is about looking at who is not participating or even speaking. With no actions to go on yet, I still think it would be easiest for Scum to just coast and post less. Less posts = higher chance of not making a mistake and being caught.

On the flip side, after playing with Saw, I could also see a player like Sorian being Scum. Early on become a loud townie that helps shape opinions. Now is the perfect time to do it as all we have is theories and words. After a few days and some lynches and NKs then you can look at the trail of the dead and start to make some real connections. But now it's all just down to who can control the narrative of the thread so far.

Haven't decided yet which way I'd vote though, will wait until later on in the day phase and hope there's more evidence to play with.

Also,

200_s.gif

Morning all!

A couple of points here.

As to the first bolded point - perhaps you should look through your posts so far this game. You may be posting, but your two (and admitted almost three as far as Absolut goes) votes have all been based on activity in the purely literal sense of post count. As far as opinions on players goes, the only ones you have shared are minor thoughts on Sorian. You may have more posts than Magnum, Absolut, etc. but I wouldn't say you are particularly "participating" in a way beneficial to town with them.

As to the second bolded point - along those lines of not sharing opinions, I find it curious that you have not bothered to share actual reads on anyone so far but of the limited times you have addressed another player's play they center around Sorian and his activity. While I can see an argument being made for how Sorian could be scum, your posts have all just centered around "Sorian is saying a lot" see these earlier posts:

But you're the strongest voice here rn...

But there have already been a few rumbles about how aggressive you're being scum. A case could probably be made for either side for you rn

Essentially you have avoided giving actual reads but of the two avenues you've hinted at voting for they can be boiled down to "lynch an inactive or lynch one of the top contributors" and neither has been backed up with actual reasoning beyond "could be scum". Sure, anything and anyone could be scum, but to say that and not bother to even try and find proof makes it look suspicious to me.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Sorry for not being active, I really suck on reading people on day 1 and never really contribute very much as a result. I'll reread the events of the day so far and see if I can make any reads.

acohrs

Another+day+in+paradise+on+funnyjunk_2e11e8_5131176.gif

Echoing my earlier prod and the current vote on him, would love to hear more from Magnum...

Also, CCS, old buddy, penny for your thoughts?

acohrs

haha and that's why you don't write a post while watching telly and let it sit for a while before hitting submit...

Magnum, anything else to add apart from that? What's your read on the game?

acohrs

Sure, anything and anyone could be scum, but to say that and not bother to even try and find proof makes it look suspicious to me.

You do realise that you could make this same accusation of a few other players right now too you know?

Top Bottom