• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will you buy a Nintendo switch?

None of the above. C is closest. I'll buy when I can find it for < £250. I don't care whether that is an official price cut, a retailer going below RRP, a temporary deal or a good conditioned used console.

tanooki27

I need more single player games from Nintendo since I'm not paying for online. Since Splatoon 2, Mario Kart, Smash doesn't interest me anymore the value of the console has gone down a lot. Only interesting games are Mario and maybe that new game from Bravely Default developers. So I guess (3) I'm waiting for a huge price cut and maybe a revision. Or they could remove the cost for online play to raise the value of the console.

this is something you're gonna have to bend to eventually, at least if you wanna fully enjoy the games. N certainly won't reverse the decision. have you looked around lately? every console now requires payment for online play.

At the moment I've gone from Day 1 to - lets pick up the Wii U sometime this year when I can get it for around the $100 mark.

I'll watch the Switch and judge 2-3 years in whether to jump aboard.

If not - at the end of its life

Aki-at

I'll give it a couple of years and see what it's library is before deciding to purchase it (standard for me, last console I got for launch was the Dreamcast.)

Right now a couple of games do not do enough for me to justify the purchase.

Both 2 and 4.

Poor showings on battery life, storage space, and online services can be rationalized around if there are plenty of good games. Right now, I'm excited for jack and shit in the games department before Mario Odyssey. If there are some good Black Friday bundles Holiday 2018, then maybe. But it'll be a total pass if the Switch fails to catch any momentum. I don't need another WiiU.

this is something you're gonna have to bend to eventually, at least if you wanna fully enjoy the games. N certainly won't reverse the decision. have you looked around lately? every console now requires payment for online play.
But other consoles have a large variety of multiplatform games to justify the online payment more and have a proven track record for doing online right

You don't really have to accept it on a Nintendo console cause all that means is you're missing out on a few exclusives.

3 and grey.

While I say that I'll wait for a price cut, there's a very good chance that once Mario Odyssey comes out I'll cave and pick one up! By that point I'd imagine more games are announced as well so I'd know what I'm expecting.

tanooki27

But other consoles have a large variety of multiplatform games to justify the online payment more and have a proven track record for doing online right

You don't really have to accept it on a Nintendo console cause all that means is you're missing out on a few exclusives.

if you want to make a stand and miss out on Splatoon 2, go ahead. to me, it's just not a hill worth dying on, ya know?

plus it's free at first. they're not asking for cash until they firm it up a bit.

The morning after the conference, I woke up disappointed. In my sleep, I'd processed the conference more and decided that the software lineup was weak enough that I was going to wait until fall, or possibly the 1 year mark to get the system. At 8am, I told all my coworkers who cared that I was going to wait until, either a price drop or a game I cared about was bundled in for the $300. I made bold statements that, if they would've had Splat2n and/or Skyrim ready at launch, I would've been there day 1, but for now, I'm waiting.

Then I turned on the Treehouse stream and watched on and off on my 3rd monitor while working.

When I took lunch at 1:15ish, I marched down to GameStop and preordered a grey one.

I'm a hypocrite.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
4 or 5 and Gray

Right now, I only really care about Zelda, SMO and MK8. Zelda and MK8 are on the Wii U, so there needs to be more than just SMO for me to wanna buy the thing.

Really ticked off about paid online though. For example, I'm currently on a business trip, it would've been great to have a Switch on this trip and be playing MK8 online or something, but no way in hell am I paying to play online.

muteki

2 or 4. None of the known announced games are system sellers for me.

I'm waiting for some yet-to-be-announced game from Nintendo or the next Miku game really.

And grey I guess of the options given, though I don't really like either. I'd be all over a all-white one though.

Crayon

It'd be smart to wait for 249. But smart is dumb.

As soon as the circus is over and you can walk in and get one, I will get one. Neon!!!

Preordered the blue and red one. No regrets here. I also game on Steam so there are no droughts for me. Nintendo + Steam always works out perfectly for me

AniHawk

getting at launch. probably with zelda and bomberman, although i'd feel more comfortable with some other third thing.

getting the grey one too.

Mathieran

Banned
Like the neon.

I might get a refurbed one a couple years down the road maybe if it's like 150 or so. Or 200 bundled with 2 games that I really want.

Metroid is a big factor here. Also gonna wanna play that new Xenoblade some day

Guess that makes me a 4 or a 5. I might not ever buy it.

Milennia

1 grey have an in store GameStop pre order

Basically buying it now so I don't have to go through the hassle of finding one during splatoon or Mario hour

That and I have never owned a Wii U so Mario kart and Zelda are killer apps

Taker666

Probably Grey (if I get it).

At best I'll get it at the end of the year with a decent price cut/ if Mario is bundled.

If that doesn't happen (or even if it does) I might wait until E3 2018 to decide..to see if they announce a standalone home console for cheaper/with more power and without the unwanted handheld stuff (or a version with a 1080p screen if they go for a VR push...VR is the only reason I'd want the screen)

Top Bottom