• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription $60=The new $50

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
15d10eh.gif

Fantastical

Death Prophet
However, we do want to thank our loyal members and give you the opportunity to lock in your current price with an additional discount, so now would be a good time to renew your subscription.
Oh, thank you so much, you're so generous. Buy now or get even more fucked in the ass later.

FrankT

Green Biker Dude said:
it all started with the horse armor

you shouldn't have bought that fucking horse armor

Lukems warned us well. It really did start with that horse armor heh.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.1up.com/news/microsoft-raise-xbox-live-subscription

Michael Pachter (10/19/2009) - "You can't hook a guy into Xbox Live Gold if he's playing on PC. So, I mean, that's the other problem is you really wanna hook every gamer who has a 360, you want them to buy all their games on 360, play everything multiplayer, pay you 50 bucks a year so that in a couple years, it's 100 bucks a year. And that's going up -- we all know that."

:bow Pacther

Darkman M

What a crock of shit i hope you fail for this, good thing im covered for the next 2 years i won't be purchasing at that price.

Live launched back in 2002, so I guess you could justify this with inflation.

Anyway, how many subscribers does MS have? 10 million Gold members? That's $100m a year just from this increase.

You know what's horrible? I'm so lazy, I just do the monthly auto-renewal. With this it looks like I'll end up paying $120 a year for Live. Wow.

desa

My sub runs out in about a week, but upon hearing this...fuck you microsoft. Oh but see you can still buy it for the same price if you do it now! Fuck you. Eat a fat dick bitch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dmorr07 said:
With so many retailers offering sales on 12 month cards every other month, I haven't paid full price for quite some time now. Hopefully they don't try increasing the cost of microsoft points.
I haven't paid anything for Live in years. When ever I want to play an online game for a few weeks, I take one of my many 1 month codes and play it. I got a ton of them from Vision Cameras on Clearance for $3 at Sears. Buy kit, resell headset and camera, give away excess Uno codes, hord 1 month codes. I have only about 16 months left, but since I don't use them one after anther they are lasting pretty long.

FrankT

Lagspike_exe said:
Live launched back in 2002, so I guess you could justify this with inflation.

Anyway, how many subscribers does MS have? 10 million Gold members? That's $100m a year just from this increase.

It's been running about half of the entire Live population which was at 25 million at E3 iirc, so likely around 12.5 million.

DuckRacer

Nelo Ice said:
im guessing he means he has codes unredeemed like i do

since yeah it wont let u stack past 3 years on one account
This. The codes won't expire anytime soon, so all I need to do is redeem one once a month.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Wario64 said:

Michael Pachter (10/19/2009) - "You can't hook a guy into Xbox Live Gold if he's playing on PC. So, I mean, that's the other problem is you really wanna hook every gamer who has a 360, you want them to buy all their games on 360, play everything multiplayer, pay you 50 bucks a year so that in a couple years, it's 100 bucks a year. And that's going up -- we all know that."

Holy shit Pachter was right about something?

Benson

I guess the UK change isn't that big of a deal, you're a mug if you pay monthly and £1 isn't that big of a hike.

I bought subscription cards for cheap and hoarded them shits precisely for situations like this.

Pay $60 for the right to more ads, to buy more DLC and to play things online that other systems play for free :lol

Gravijah

GillianSeed79 said:
You know what's horrible? I'm so lazy, I just do the monthly auto-renewal. With this it looks like I'll end up paying $120 a year for Live. Wow.

I'll buy you an XBL card every year if you give me all the money you're wasting on auto-renewal in return.

see5harp

However bad this is, just wait until the deals on Amazon and other places. I haven't really paid $50 since the first year.

Safe Bet

Banned
My decision to wait for Lara Croft on Steam completely redeemed!

PS

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT

You want me to pay to play online?

Offer me a service worth paying for fuck twats.

JesseZao

Stumpokapow said:
thank god i've got free live until the end of 2013.
No doubt. They better give longer trial periods for new xbox owners and incentives for legacy members...

Thank you netflix codes.

Aggrotek

I always renew in april, so that just happened like 4 months ago.
If I renew using this cheap method or whatever, will it cut those other 8 months?
Or will it just tag on to the end of the year I already paid for?

Alucrid

Banned
GillianSeed79 said:

That's not lazy, that's stupid.

manzo

What the FUCK?

When the competitor gives free online with features that nearly match yours, you DON'T raise the fucking prices.

SMH

snap0212

I have my 360 unplugged from the internet most of the time anyways. I haven't even considered re-subscribing next month when my subscription ends. There's just nothing that would justify spending money on this service imo.

Wario64 said:

Patcher was right, Patcher's always right in the end.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TreoWii said:
glad I jumped ship a year ago
Fixed. ;)

Cry all you want you guys are gonna pay for it anyway. ;)

Top Bottom