• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Finally unlocked way of the strong last night. The final boss was much easier for me than the room leading up to him lol. struggled with the room, and then one shot the boss. Now I'm gonna take it a little slower. Just do a few missions each day.

Baalzebup

I'm not really sure yet what the difference between Guard Reduction Cost and Parry are either. Parry might just be a flat reduction cost, and Guard Reduction Cost is better for larger hitting attacks.
Yeah, this is what I've been thinking as well. The funny thing is, with dual swords having such high parry values naturally, getting a high Parry roll (I think it maxes at 14 with 0 fam) is likely far better option than any Guard Ki Reduction roll could possibly be.
What's the advised option to spend my blacksmith points on?

Soul Match
Reforge

If you don't have those options yet, don't spend the points. Just save them.
I'd argue starting with Sell Price, then those two. One is likely to spend money on all kinds of things along the way and that is the best way of increasing your general income.

Sanctuary

Yeah, this is what I've been thinking as well. The funny thing is, with dual swords having such high parry values naturally, getting a high Parry roll (I think it maxes at 14 with 0 fam) is likely far better option than any Guard Ki Reduction roll could possibly be.

I'd argue starting with Sell Price, then those two. One is likely to spend money on all kinds of things along the way and that is the best way of increasing your general income.

I actually did that myself, but I really doubt the extra gold I accrued through my playthrough from selling items (which already have a low resale) really made all that much of a difference compared to a 30% discount of Soul Matching, which is already ridiculous (it gets a reduction later when using the same type of items, but it's still super expensive even with the discount).

There's an easy exploit in the game anyway that allows you to max out everything if you really want to abuse it. Helps to have a turbo controller though.

I dropped just that in Ranjatai a while back, it should still be there.
Thx, i'll check again.

I wish there was a way to organize by set, weight comes close.

I also had a glitch as a visitor in the last mission. It would lock me in the seperate boss areas outside after we beat them but the doors weren't there for the host.

Lastly, dous anyone know if there is a way to cycle through pickup icons on the ground?

Hobbes211

I've seen a lot of bad words, or hatred even for the axe in here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKUrVqLhil8

How can you hate on that, GAF? ^^

People can only hate the axe if they didn't stick it through until the end. I just beat the final boss last night and the two side missions afterwards
(The Nobunaga/Nioh duels)
using the axe. You do unbelievable damage with it, especially if you get the mystic art and the improved axe spin. Mix that in with Sloth, the defense buff and people just melt.

Nose Master

What if the new weapon type is
Gun-Fu esque stuff? There are those enemies with dual pistols which you can't find in the game afaik.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
I have to questions.

How do I finish a twilight mission? Do I have to clean the area of enemies? (Also, shit those missions are hard).

I'm level 30 and about to go 2nd map/area, is it possible to overlevel in this game?

Thanks!

I have to questions.

How do I finish a twilight mission? Do I have to clean the area of enemies? (Also, shit those missions are hard).

I'm level 30 and about to go 2nd map/area, is it possible to overlevel in this game?

Thanks!

Level is not saying much, overleveling isn't really possible no.
Twilight missions are just like main missions but harder. Just kill the main yokai in this mission.

N° 2048

By transferring skills do you guys mean finding a higher level weapon with a skill you want then maxxing out the familiarity to transfer that skill to your main weapon?

If not then how are you transferring abilities between weapons?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Soul Match
Reforge

If you don't have those options yet, don't spend the points. Just save them.

:( i wish i knew this, i put all my points into everything already and havent gotten to the point where you can lower the cost of soul match

Baalzebup

By transferring skills do you guys mean finding a higher level weapon with a skill you want then maxxing out the familiarity to transfer that skill to your main weapon?

The Soul Matching ability to transfer the transferable special abilities has nothing to do with item levels. It is essentially a whole another aspect to the same function, though you can certainly combine the leveling up and transfer aspects by transferring an ability from a higher level weapon. But yes, that is what people are referring to when discussing transfers.

They aren't Skills though, as those are what you buy with the Skill Points :p

Zesh

Yes, but it doesn't need to be higher level. I wouldn't bother with it until you have Divine gear, at which point you'll want to inherit rare effects onto your gear (like Change to Attack (Stat) A+ or Close Combat Damage +20%).

N° 2048

The Soul Matching ability to transfer the transferable special abilities has nothing to do with item levels. It is essentially a whole another aspect to the same function, though you can certainly combine the leveling up and transfer aspects by transferring an ability from a higher level weapon. But yes, that is what people are referring to when discussing transfers.

Yes, but it doesn't need to be higher level. I wouldn't bother with it until you have Divine gear, at which point you'll want to inherit rare effects onto your gear (like Change to Attack (Stat) A+ or Close Combat Damage +20%).

Fuuuuuu 80 hours in and in NG+ and this is news to me ROFL

And oops meant abilities not skills.

I thought you could only transfer abilities to higher level weapons/armor.

Raybunny

Have you tried the stat familiarity damage A ? Wondering If I should get one put it on the weapon vs a close combat damage critical

Sanctuary

Edit: Nvm. You probably already knew.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone on gaf has inheritable "Live Recovery on Amrita Absorption" pls share. And if not I hope people are on the lookout for it. It's a really good stat for any of the infinite living weapon builds. I can so far only confirm that you can roll it on torso armor. Not sure if it's possible to get it on other pieces without inheriting.

Baalzebup

Have you tried the stat familiarity damage A ? Wondering If I should get one put it on the weapon vs a close combat damage critical
Between those two, Familiarity Damage Bonus A is clearly the superior choice. A high roll of Close Combat Damage Bonus would eclipse it, but (Critical) specials only activate at <30% health and are thus generally garbo, unless you make a specific build for that using the Fanatics armor set.

Raybunny

Between those two, Familiarity Damage Bonus A is clearly the superior choice. A high roll of Close Combat Damage Bonus would eclipse it, but (Critical) specials only activate at <30% health and are thus generally garbo, unless you make a specific build for that using the Fanatics armor set.

That is what I thought. Thanks

Sanctuary

Do you mean the purple Change to Attack (Stat)? Otherwise, I haven't seen anything other than Agility Damage Bonus in terms of stat specific damage bonuses. In any event, you can have both Change to Attack (Stat) and [Familiarity Damage Bonus, or Agility Damage Bonus, or Close Combat Bonus] together.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So online it tells me I need to talk to Tome to unlock other hair styles but I never get the option to request anything from her
cBj1LTf.png

Hobbes211

So online it tells me I need to talk to Tome to unlock other hair styles but I never get the option to request anything from her
cBj1LTf.png

Once you've spent enough money you'll get the option to request something from her in the dialog menu. One of the requests is to unlock the hair section.

Dunno if spoiler is necessary, but some people are sensitive to that stuff.

I've been moving very slowly here, tons of work and other commitments right now, but Ice Lady got her ass completely handed to her first try last night. I played my distance pretty much Hino-Enma style and the only thing (gladly) I got clipped with several times was her rush/gut stab move.

Really nice level overall but I get the feeling I missed some nooks & crannies due to the confusing layout of it. Gotta run through it again in the next few days.

Trakan

For getting the modifiers you want on a weapon, is it easier/better to reforge a weapon until you get it or transfer it all from other weapons? I noticed two different versions of the same weapon can have 5 or 7 slots for modifiers. Is there anything that determines that?

Liethe

Cleared the game finally, taking my time to do all the subs and most twilight missions as well. Really enjoyable. Could have used more enemy variety I feel.

Here's my vids of the two toughest boss fights. I actually cleared
Nobunaga & Yuki-onna
first go. (with my friend who already did it watching via share play and saying "I'll hang myself if you clear it in one go") :p Died once on Two Kings.

The Two Kings

A Meeting on the Other Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom