• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes coming to PS360 (confirmed)

AniHawk

That list looks like it's glitching pretty bad, what with the 9th of January 2010 having already passed and everything.

Poyunch

AniHawk said:
That list looks like it's glitching pretty bad, what with the 9th of January 2010 having already passed and everything.

:lol :lol

01/09/2010 = 01 September 2010

Hopefully you were being sarcastic.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Phoenix Fang said:

AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.
(Today, 12:29 AM)
Reply | Quote

Nemesis_

Phoenix Fang said:

THERE ARE OTHER PLACES OTHER THAN AMERICA THAT USE A DIFFERENT DATE SYSTEM?

That's probably a placeholder date, but interesting because the guys at my store said there wasn't any listing for 360. Only PS3.

And it basically means "Sometime in September".

Nemesis556 said:
THERE ARE OTHER PLACES OTHER THAN AMERICA THAT USE A DIFFERENT DATE SYSTEM?

That's probably a placeholder date, but interesting because the guys at my store said there wasn't any listing for 360. Only PS3.

And it basically means "Sometime in September".

HEY GUESS WHAT? I NEVER SAID HE WAS FROM AMERICA LEARN TO READ.

randomwab

PS3 only? Fuck off, whoever is publishing. I want blood for fuck sake, and I want it on my 360.

Ugh, I just realised.....is the PAL version of NMH2 gonna be butchered too?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
randomwab said:
PS3 only? Fuck off, whoever is publishing. I want blood for fuck sake, and I want it on my 360.

Ugh, I just realised.....is the PAL version of NMH2 gonna be butchered too?
NMH still isn't out in PAL Land?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I picked this up for 360 a couple of days ago, but I think I am going to wait until the big patch is released in mid-May before playing. The game is apparently full of glitches; I had one happen right in the beginning tutorial area that prevented me from continuing on.

Ladyboy101 said:
degorifying on the ps3 version is plain stupid

Its not just degorifying, from what I've seen in the comparison videos/shots; enemies turn to ash (similar to that of God of War) when they die instead of leaving a body behind when comparing PS3 and 360 version.

shagg_187 said:
Its not just degorifying, from what I've seen in the comparison videos/shots; enemies turn to ash (similar to that of God of War) when they die instead of leaving a body behind when comparing PS3 and 360 version.

Following up, there's a few more comparison shots here. Not to add any arguments or fanboy fodder, but to those who care, there are some weird graphical differences between the two versions as well.

PS3 version is brighter, possibly has better streaming textures in the open-world(?), 360 possibly has sharper textures, etc. Either way, gameplay performance is probably solid for both.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/

I guess theres no subs on the ps3 version is there? i want this i have it sealed on wii sitting there but the thought of there being a hd remake out makes me wanna wait now. Ill import this bad boi if it has subs.

randomwab

Don't forget that the ash version is what we PAL gamers got in the original Wii release, US guys. I've been dying to play the "uncensored" version since the game was released, but it looks like I'm never going to.

Remy

supermackem said:
I guess theres no subs on the ps3 version is there? i want this i have it sealed on wii sitting there but the thought of there being a hd remake out makes me wanna wait now. Ill import this bad boi if it has subs.

Subtitle options are Japanese or None.
Voice acting options are English or Japanese.

Most of the menus are English, but most of the text instructions on the screen are Japanese.

It's actually quite import friendly, all told. You're certainly not going to miss any of the story.

I just bought this game a couple of days ago for the 360 and I'm about 3 hours into it. I'm up to the level in the subway station. I was expecting a crazy action packed game but I haven't played a game this boring in a long time. The pace of the game is so sloooow, I've already nodded off a couple of times while playing it even during a combat section. Riding around the overworld is absolutely infuriating alot of the times due to the shit controls for the bike. The combat is so shallow and mind numbingly repetitive. There are load times absolutely everywhere! Surprising given that game doesn't feel very "big". The sidejobs of course suck ass. I can't think of anything very good about this game other than some funny animations.

Does this game get any better? Does combat gain some depth with new moves later on or something? Plot get interesting? I haven't not finished a game I've bought in a long time, don't like feeling I've wasted my money. But this game is a challenge to work through.

I would imagine the game would be no where near as fun without motion controls.

While they don't elevate the game to stratospheric levels, a lot of the fun was in using the controller in a manner of different ways. The combat system doesn't really increase in complexity as it was designed to only use one button for combos. Try to incorporate the stun move (the roundhouse kick) to get some suplex opportunities. I'd suggest you at least finish the game as it has a pretty sweet final stretch and an awesome ending.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yeah, my friend told me that NMH is fun with the motion controls. Without it, it would definitely be lackluster.

So I'm getting this next year when it launches with Move support. :D

VistraNorrez said:
You don't like the game, stop playing and return it.

Thing is, there are alot of games I dislike for the first couple of hours then I end up loving them. Hell, there are games I dislike on the whole first playthrough and I end up loving them when I replay it. Thats why I'm asking if it gets better.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
alex chilton said:
Thing is, there are alot of games I dislike for the first couple of hours then I end up loving them. Hell, there are games I dislike on the whole first playthrough and I end up loving them when I replay it. Thats why I'm asking if it gets better.
The game doesn't change much. It's already supposed to be "better" from the beginning.
If it's not clicking with you, it won't click later.

Only keep playing if you like the craziness of the bosses and Travis and the feel of world. If you don't like that stuff, then there is nothing there for you.

Top Bottom