• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes coming to PS360 (confirmed)

Jomjom

Banned
I've seen a video of the first boss fight in NMH on the PS3 where due to the censorship, the guy just turns into black dust balls like all the other henchmen when Travis goes to decapitate him. Are all the other boss battles handled in the same way? Some of the other boss deaths are a bit more involved than Travis merely swinging his light saber at them, so I'm guessing there are probably scenes where the camera just turns away? Anyone get far enough in the game yet to see?

Nearly all the boss deaths are made lame with the censorship.
Youtube No More Heroes Death Scene Comparison and watch, not good at all.
Especially with some NMH2 reappearances, they can't make sense.

jling84 said:
I've seen a video of the first boss fight in NMH on the PS3 where due to the censorship, the guy just turns into black dust balls like all the other henchmen when Travis goes to decapitate him. Are all the other boss battles handled in the same way? Some of the other boss deaths are a bit more involved than Travis merely swinging his light saber at them, so I'm guessing there are probably scenes where the camera just turns away? Anyone get far enough in the game yet to see?

The camera never does anything like that, although it does get sort of close when
Harvey's death scene has the curtain lower faster so the saw isn't seen cutting into him.
Most of the other censorship is done by making the boss turn into dust or whatever.

Poyunch

jling84 said:
link?

If you search for videos of the PAL/JP Wii version of the game, the censorship is exactly the same on the PS3.

On another note, I received an email, my PS3 version + Erotica Artbook just shipped today!
But of course, with the volcano ruining plane travels in Europe, there's a chance my parcel will get delayed :(

Giolon

Pics of my copy of the game and the thumbnails of all the erotica portraits (both PS3 on the left and 360 on the right):

Naomi and Bad Girl from the PS3 set and Shinobu from the 360 version are my faves.
I've tried to find more by the Naomi artist, but I tried googling the artists name underneath (三輪士郎 or 三輪士郞, I can't tell, and am unsure of the reading) and came up empty. Eiwa is pretty well known (Queen's Blade anyone? I don't admit to knowing anything about it! LOL), and Tomatika's around on Pixiv.

LiK

Giolon said:
Pics of my copy of the game and the thumbnails of all the erotica portraits (both PS3 on the left and 360 on the right):

Naomi and Bad Girl from the PS3 set and Shinobu from the 360 version are my faves.
I've tried to find more by the Naomi artist, but I tried googling the artists name underneath (三輪士郎 or 三輪士郞, I can't tell, and am unsure of the reading) and came up empty. Eiwa is pretty well known (Queen's Blade anyone? I don't admit to knowing anything about it! LOL), and Tomatika's around on Pixiv.
Oh shit, the 360 erotica is different? Dammit

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
AceBandage said:
As of right now?
Never.
Ubisoft isn't publishing it, and no other company has stepped forward.

That's such a shame.

Come on Atlus/Ignition !

Synless said:
Actually, they published the first one.

They published both NMH games in NA region.

edit: beaten

Nonetheless I spent some time watching gameplay vids beginning to end of the game. If this gets considered for publishing here they have to address quite a few issues. Given that and the fact it would still not sell very well, I doubt any US publisher is going to take the chance.

Sounds like this is going to be my first import PS3 title. So far they've managed to release everything else I've wanted outside of Japan. I'll have to give it at least 6 months to see if we get it in NA though.

Ridley327 said:
I'm pretty sure we don't want Ignition touching this or any other game.

Why? They've got the Wii version to use as a template for English menus and it's already been dubbed in English. They can't fuck anything up.

Maybe.

AniHawk

riceandbeans said:
Why? They've got the Wii version to use as a template for English menus and it's already been dubbed in English. They can't fuck anything up.

Maybe.

My guess is that going by their past efforts, they think they already have published HP.

depward

I paid for it because I wanted sweet, sweet Suda on my PS3. And as a fan of NMH1, I'm having a great time with this port :D

Gilby

Synless said:
I havent gotten a chance to play it yet :(
Neither have I. I was really pumped for it too, but I didn't have enough cash at the time. Now I've been hearing it's not as good as the first, so I guess I'll wait for a price drop.

Nemesis_

So one of the retailers here has a release date for this which more or less confirms a local release, right?

It's a public holiday here (Australia) so I can't check until at least tomorrow, but I'm sure if it's being released in Australia it's being released in other English-speaking territories?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Nemesis556 said:
So one of the retailers here has a release date for this which more or less confirms a local release, right?

It's a public holiday here (Australia) so I can't check until at least tomorrow, but I'm sure if it's being released in Australia it's being released in other English-speaking territories?
Hmm...
hope rising....

Carnby

as much as i would love to own a ps3 copy of no more heroes for collector's purpose, i cant bring myself to purchasing it full well knowing that it is a clearly inferior version.

also, i have a bad taste in my mouth from buying Red Seeds Profile.

All right! With European airspace now reopened, I "finally" (it's only been a week since ordering so it was really bad at all) received the PS3 version with Erotica Photobook and the game's flyer!

Now to wait a US region-free or European release, to get the 360 version and everything will be great for my NMH needs.

randomwab

Nemesis556 said:

A release for one or both versions?

~prays for 360 uncensored release~

Kai Ozu

jaekwon15 said:
as much as i would love to own a ps3 copy of no more heroes for collector's purpose, i cant bring myself to purchasing it full well knowing that it is a clearly inferior version.

also, i have a bad taste in my mouth from buying Red Seeds Profile.

What is wrong with Red seeds on ps3?

So apparently there are 2 bugged trophies on PS3 (don't know if it also affects 360 achievements).

The first is the one you get from
buying everything at AREA51 (you just have to not buy one t-shirt and wait for a patch. Then you can buy the remaining one and get the trophy)
The second is the one you get from
completing all training sessions from Thunder Ryu (just don't train the last stat until a patch goes live)

I hope the patch doesn't take too long to come, I really want that platinum :)

Nemesis_

eb7nzp.jpg

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Got my PS3 NTSC-J copy today. I'm so happy I get to finally play this game!

One question though... umm, is the NTSCJ version supposed to have English voice overs?!:lol

Top Bottom