• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes coming to PS360 (confirmed)

the controls look so awkward. I don't get why they didn't just copy the NMH2 classic controller controls.

and at least in that video this game looks really dark but they don't bother taking advantage of it by having glow effects from the sword cast on the walls and ground. I mean, it seems like they do a tiny bit, maybe...it's hard to tell. or it is just coming form the enemies weapons.

Jonnyram said:
I bought the Wii version when it came out, and I stopped playing after the first boss because of the SD graphics, mainly. I loved all the Famicom-like stuff, and the waggle gameplay was pretty fun, but the graphics were really a horrible mess.

So I got the 360 version yesterday.

I wish I hadn't.

What the fuck has happened to the gameplay? Sure the regular hacking and slashing is fine, but this shit that comes up when you have a "todome" (sorry, don't know the english name), is utter bollocks, and slows the game right down. The load times are bullshit too.

Ironically, the one thing that has been improved is the graphics. They're fucking crisp now. But the gameplay is so abysmal that I don't think I can force myself to play any further than the first boss, once again. Isn't that a pip!

is the whole thing in japanese?

Swittcher said:
According to Destructoid, first day sales of NMH on the 360/PS3 COMBINED: 13,000

I think that's the amount the Wii version was at 1st week wasn't it? Japan Game Charts (sourcing Famitsu) has the Wii version totaled at 20,000.

Still, bad for combined.

Isn't very common that most games don't add more than 50% in totaling 1st week than the 1st day? So maybe 19,000 1st week combined if that much? Is that percentage higher or lower commonly than I remember?

[Nintex]

I only remember Suda51 and autographed toilet paper and a couple of Famitsu reporters who felt sorry for him that no one showed up at the 'launch party'.

Dascu

[Nintex] said:
I only remember Suda51 and autographed toilet paper and a couple of Famitsu reporters who felt sorry for him that no one showed up at the 'launch party'.
Don't remind me. That was so sad.

Swittcher

Banned
Although, that even inspired like, 4 of my friends to go out to stores and buy a copy when it hit NA.

And I went out and bought my own copy, even though I had already received a free one since I was on the testing team.

Swittcher

Banned
mugurumakensei said:
I hope marvelous didn't spend too much on feel plus porting no more heroes.

Considering it's on two SKUs, I bet then spent more money on these ports than the entire original game.

Akainu

[Nintex] said:
:lol :lol :lol

Why buy what you can already make naturally?

Jomjom

Banned
Sorry for being off-topic, but due to my junior status I cannot post any threads. Anyway, I'm looking to import NMH: Paradise because it doesn't look like it will be localized for the US. This made me think of what other games have been released in Japan that have not been brought over. Anyone know of a resource to find this info? Also anyone know of a website to look at the weekly Japanese releases?

Ridley327

GameFAQs is usually pretty good on keeping up with international releases, though you'll be hard-pressed to find info on most games beyond the title and publisher.

Dascu

jling84 said:
Sorry for being off-topic, but due to my junior status I cannot post any threads. Anyway, I'm looking to import NMH: Paradise because it doesn't look like it will be localized for the US. This made me think of what other games have been released in Japan that have not been brought over. Anyone know of a resource to find this info? Also anyone know of a website to look at the weekly Japanese releases?
If you have a Wii and an interest in horror games, you could check out Fatal Frame 4. Coincidentally, it's also developped by Grasshopper Manufacture. It has a translation patch available that doesn't even require you to install any homebrew code on your console; you can run it straight from an SD card.

Ridley327

Swittcher said:
I was pretty sure someone had confirmed the opposite.

Do you have it or something?

I can't imagine why they would have used the PS3 version as a demo with English VA if it wasn't an option.

jling84 said:

What system? That would help.

Jomjom

Banned
distantmantra said:
What system? That would help.

Ah sorry PS3 releases. I looked through Gamefaqs and they do have a pretty good list. Anything better? Thanks!

So far I've found Aquanaut's Holiday to import in addition to NMH: Paradise.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
jling84 said:
Ah sorry PS3 releases. I looked through Gamefaqs and they do have a pretty good list. Anything better? Thanks!

Asian version of Toro Anniversary Collection might be nice if you're sticking to import friendly games.

There aren't too many other imports that I desire that much for PS3 that are Japan exclusive. I did buy RGG Kenzan though, and there are some retail releases of PSN titles I want as well like the PixelJunk Collection and The Last Guy.

jling84 said:

I don't know anywhere with a list but Ryu Ga Gotoku (aka Yakuza) Kenzan, Tales of Vesperia PS3, and the interactive novel 428 are all quite notable titles that aren't released in the West and are unlikely to ever be released. Also, ACE Another Century's Episode 4, the mech game by From software looks fantastic but due to licensing restrictions it's unlikely to ever be released outside of Japan.

°°ToMmY°° said:
just seen the vid on gamersyde. this game looks and plays like shit.

So it's a very faithful port.

j/k

I'll dip if it comes to Europe and cheap,it can't be worse than Killer 7 and the setting and characters looks awesome... but marvelous didn't released (yet) Deadly Premonition here, somehow I can't see them releasing this...

Gekko87

HNI_0094.jpg

Didn't crack it open though. After I go do some errands, I can answer any questions for this version if there is any.

Gekko87 said:
I can answer any questions for this version if there is any.
Yup I have some. I'm thinking of importing the censored PS3 version while I wait for a release of the uncensored 360 version in Europe. (Yeah I know the 360 one isn't totally uncensored but anyway the blood is there)

So :

- how's the framerate ? In missions, while wandering the city, etc etc
- how are the textures/clipping ?
- how long are the loading times ?
- Are the controls good ? (mainly the stick movements etc)
- Is it censored like the JP and PAL Wii versions were, or is it even more censored ?

I think these are the most important questions for me, for now anyways.
Thanks for answering them.

RS4-

Playing this on 360...never played it on Wii.

And wow, one hour in and I kinda want to throw it in the trash. Load times are killing me.

Gekko87 said:
HNI_0094.jpg

Didn't crack it open though. After I go do some errands, I can answer any questions for this version if there is any.

Is it censored and how well does it play than the Wii version?

The controls look kinda clunky, like they're unchanged from the Wii. Kinda iffy on it after watching the videos. A combo system would've been nice.

Gekko87

NOTE: I only played around for an hour. Beat the first boss, played around in the open world, did that coconut mini game and that’s it. And if means anything I played the Wii version to completion, even beat Henry. Also, unfortunately, I didn't play on my HDTV because it was occupied.

InternHertz said:
- how's the framerate ? In missions, while wandering the city, etc etc
- how are the textures/clipping ?
- how long are the loading times ?
- Are the controls good ? (mainly the stick movements etc)
- Is it censored like the JP and PAL Wii versions were, or is it even more censored ?

1: Framerate is fine but does dip, nothing major...yet. I never really noticed it but seems to dip when the camera gets close.

2: Didn't notice clipping, Textures are great on the characters not so much on buildings and such. Don't get me wrong some areas, for example the first level, looks good but some areas in that same level just look plain.

3: Load times are fine, doesn't seem much different from the Wii version, except when you first load up the game. It was talking a while to load (sorry didn't time it), kind of like Uncharted 2 maybe a bit longer.

riceandbeans said:
Is it censored and how well does it play than the Wii version?

The controls look kind of clunky, like they're unchanged from the Wii. Kinda iffy on it after watching the videos. A combo system would've been nice.

4: It feels exactly like the Wii version. It seems like they just updated everything but the gameplay.

5: Yes it is censored as far as I tell. Enemy's turn into black ash when they die but that’s it as far as I can tell.

And if anyone is wondering, even though this is obvious, there is no English sub option.

I think this game should only imported if you played the original, IMO. Because you might be able to look past of some of Paradises short comings

Here are some of my trophies, played on my jp account

Alright thanks!

I just ordered the JP PS3 version with the Erotica Photobook, and if/when it comes out in Europe or in the US with region-free (which I doubt but I can always hope) I'll buy it again, this time on 360 to get the full bloody HD experience.

V_Ben

Banned
So... the JP PS3 version is like the UK Wii version then. fair enough, thats the way i played NMH1 on the wii.

TheSoed

Question about the imported PS3 version, just need confirmation: is it in English? Menus and all? If so, I'll import it today.

Another all-purpose question for everyone else: I've never imported a game before, ever. Any specific place that's recommendable?

Giolon

I just got home from japan today with my PS3 copy so I can answer questions now (returned the Xbox 360 copy before I left due to region protection). I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this port. NHM1 on Wii is one of my favorite games of this generation. Just give it a spiffy HD coat of paint, I thought, and it will be perfect! Well, that HD coat of paint came with a cost. The gameplay feels slower (both moving around and the speed of swinging the beam katana), and it feels somewhat hollow without the Wiimote finishing motions. It's just not the same without the Wiimote phonecalls from Sylvia either. I'm still glad I picked it up, b/c the game looks so goddamn fantastic on an HD console, but for the gameplay the Wii version still beats the tar out of it. Plus I got the 1st run Erotica Portraits. Shinobu and Naomi are beyond smokin' hot.

TheSoed said:
Question about the imported PS3 version, just need confirmation: is it in English? Menus and all? If so, I'll import it today.

The spoken dialogue can all be set to English and all in-game menus are in English. However, load screen tips and the tutorials are all in Japanese. It's not really that complicated of a game though:

L1 = Map Overlay.
L2 = Lock on/Block
R1 = Recharge Beam Katana (by waggling R-stick around)
R2 = Grab (dizzied enemies)
Tri = High Slash (chargeable)
Square = Low Slash (chargeable)
Circle = High Kick/Punch
X = Low Kick/Punch
L3/R3 = Click when prompted to begin finisher/wrestling move, then press sticks in the direction indicated.

Gekko87

Giolon said:
Plus I got the 1st run Erotica Portraits. Shinobu and Naomi are beyond smokin' hot.
>_< OMG I wanted that soo bad, another reason I pre-ordered it. Was quite dissapointed but I'm not suprised I didn't get it. oh well

Magypsy23

Banned
Gekko87 said:
>_< OMG I wanted that soo bad, another reason I pre-ordered it. Was quite dissapointed but I'm not suprised I didn't get it. oh well

I've seen the PS3 set (alone) going for almost ¥4000 on auctions.

Gekko87

Magypsy23 said:
I've seen the PS3 set (alone) going for almost ¥4000 on auctions.
Thats nuts, I'm ALMOST crazy enough to pay that much for the set.

I have a feeling that I didn't get it because I pre-ordered almost a week before release. Should of pre-ordered earlier.

Top Bottom