• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine, decided not to go easy this year. May have gone a bit overboard with From this year, probably screwed myself by adding HP XD.
3R8ZHFi.jpg

schaft0620

Here's mine, decided not to go easy this year. May have gone a bit overboard with From this year XD.

Thats a lot of Capcom with no MVC:I. Who is making Sly? The Order? SOCOM? How many games can Sony Japan really bring to E3? You have them at about 4. Rockstar brining Agent and Red Dead?

Sesha

I love all the casual DMC5 talk. The hype is real.

Speaking of the announcement and release date time frame, I wouldn't mind if DMC5 was 1-2 years away. That would mean that Itsuno and team would have had a long time to work on it, since he first teased his mystery title January 2016, and DMC4SE came out June 2015. Heck, it can come out in 2020, as long as we get it.

Can't wait to see how Capcom messes up with DMC5. ��

I believe in Itsuno. RE7 was great, and Itsuno is 10x the developer that Koshi Nakanishi is.

silva1991

After the success of Ratchet & Clank reboot, maybe Sony will have more faith in western non photorealistic games and will let Sucker Punch make another Sly Cooper or New IP

Let me dream

Alright here's my E3 predictations which almost definitely are not going to happen.

Spider-Man PS4 demo-ed, release in Q4 2017.
Red Dead 2 demo-ed, delayed to Q1 2018, but RDR remaster is out Q4 2017.
Dreams demo, release date.
Horizon DLC!
God Of War demo, Q1 2018.
Uncharted TLL demo-ed again.
Call Of Duty WW 2 demo, boring.
Something to do with playstation classics, but I don't know what.
Not bloodborne 2, but something from From Software.
Square will show final fantasy 7 R again, but still no firm release date cos Square gonna Square.
Another Ratchet & Clank game!
Rebooting the resistance franchise.

B.O.O.M

I mean it's GOW so you expect it to have over top action even if the combat changes somewhat .
Big boss battles and set pieces are GOW thing and most games don't even come close .
Can't wait to see what they do this E3 should be EPIC.

yeah I trust SSM. I like that they are taking a risk and changing up the formula..but at the same time I'm not so sure I like it to be changed too much as well. Time will tell.

NHale

E.g. If DMC5 gets announced this E3, I don't think any DMC fan actually gives a shit how far away it is so long as it's happening and it turns out good.

What if Kamiya goes on stage and announce he's working on DMC5 in a Platinum Games/Capcmcom joint?

It's taken so many fucking years but finally, as a fan of first party more than anything else things are looking very good. Detroit must be out within the next year, as will GT Sport, God of War, Spiderman (Insomniac are good) and Dreams so yeah, good times. :D

Also no way will TLOU Part 2 be there if the talk about most of the studio working on that DLC shit holds true. PSX would be my guess, it is very much time to see what's going on with Sucker Punch though. If they miss E3, I'm worried.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If they open with a multi-plat, it's going to be Destiny 2 gameplay. With a bundle announcememt shortly after.

I think they have a special event before E3 cause we won't see much of Destiny 2 there.

Good.

Sesha

What if Kamiya goes on stage and announce he's working on DMC5 in a Platinum Games/Capcmcom joint?

That would probably entail that he's directing, which I have mixed feelings about. DMC1 is my fave because of the atmosphere, setting and enemy design, but no Kamiya-made game has depth equal to DMC4's combat system.

brickarts295, you've done good, man. DMC5 is in there.
E.g. If DMC5 gets announced this E3, I don't think any DMC fan actually gives a shit how far away it is so long as it's happening and it turns out good.
Just give me a damn logo already. After the announcement, they can take as much time as they need.

Tonky

I want the following games to get the Crash Bandicoot style remake (update the graphics, preserve the original level design):

- Spyro The Dragon
- Shadow of the Colossus
- God of War

I want the following games to get the Ratchet & Clank style remake (update the graphics, update the level design)

- Ape Escape
- Jak & Daxter: TPL
- Sly Cooper

AndyVirus

I honestly think The Last of Us Part 2 has a better shot being at their press conference than Days Gone.

Nah. If Days Gone had a big showing at PSX there'd be a chance, but it absolutely will be at E3 imo. They're going to want to prove the naysayers wrong and show just why they had enough confidence in the game to let it close last year's show. Plus Days Gone will likely be out a year before Last of Us so this could be the last E3 to even show it. Days Gone I'm like 95% sure, Last of Us is 50/50.

Plum

I'm definitely expecting Days Gone and GoW to be there which is good because, to be honest, both games have yet to prove themselves to me, Days Gone a lot more so considering I'm not even a fan of its setting. I want to see general gameplay for both and not just heavily scripted story scenes which I'm sure we'll get.

Endo Punk

Of course Days Gone is open world in comparison but it reminds me of how safe and boring The Order 1886 was. I would be very surprised if this game does anything particularly interesting with zombies and open world setting. I see it as being PS's next big failure after 1886.

De_Legend

Banned
Of course Days Gone is open world in comparison but it reminds me of how safe and boring The Order 1886 was. I would be very surprised if this game does anything particularly interesting with zombies and open world setting. I see it as being PS's next big failure after 1886.

I really doubt that, if they hit it right, I can see it being the next Horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom