• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

Rncewind

Who cares if they haven't released yet? You think they're just going to evaporate and never come out, especially when we know at least one of them [Mario] has been done since before the Switch even came out? The statement is that Nintendo has a good first year with the Switch. It's not actually been a year yet, remember? It's been three months. Which means the rest of those games on that list, still have time to come out. And that's assuming Nintendo announces NOTHING new at E3 for 2017. If the Switch hits a full year and those games still haven't come out yet, *then* you can make your argument. As it stands now you're being ridiculous. If you really want to be anal, then the *prospective* first year of Switch releases crushes the Wii U's first year. Is that better?

Secondly what are you even trying to say with the Zelda port comment? It doesn't count as a major Switch release because it's a port? Are people really still clinging to that?

Im simply saying its unfair to the wiiu to say wiiu didnt get a zelda for 5 years but switch got one day one if botw was cleary a port of the wii u version. Thats it. Also as for the list, simply assuming all games on this list are gonna be better then the wiiu games is also unfair against wiiu games before they are even out

im trying to say what i write, you dont need to project something on it

also you are to up at arms about this so im gonna not further discuss

Nintendo needs those online games to further justify the paid subscription service, I feel that is the main reason Nintendo concentrated on these games year 1 and the more single player focused games come next year, hinted at by games like xenoblade 2 supposedly being late this year and fire emblem next year

Really not sure how to feel about that paid subscription service, especially since neither Splatoon 2 nor ARMS make me want to pay anything for online while I have a PC for multiplayer games. Splatoon 2 seems fun, and I enjoyed Splatoon 1, but even with those two, it just doesn't seem worth a subscription.

Xenoblade 2's art style is going to throw off a lot of people too, so I wouldn't consider that in league with something like Metroid Prime 1&2 and Fire Emblem PoR & RD.

It's time for Nintendo to bring game out for their older audience. I really do think a Metroid game is in development. I'd also argue that while Breath of the Wild is certainly "family-friendly", it definitely had enough depth for adults to enjoy on a higher level as well.

Agreed - Breath of the Wild and the upcoming Fire Emblem are the only two potentially 'mature-ish' games Nintendo has going for them, especially since we know nothing about what they're doing with Metroid, or what Retro Studios is working on.

Well, between BOTW, FE Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and FE Warriors, I feel there's some more 'mature' content in the pipeline for Switch. I'm pretty sure this won't be a one-off, seeing as they also marketed Skyrim as a defining concept game for the system in the initial trailer.

As mentioned above, I'd only really consider the first two games listed as potentially mature-ish games, especially considering we don't know if FE Switch will follow in the footsteps of Fire Emblem PoR/RD or Awakening.

I'm hoping "return of home console Fire Emblem" and the backlash against the manga-esque story telling of Fates (should've been more backlash against Awakening...) means that we're getting a nerdy, world-building heavy, war story heavy Fire Emblem again. I hope it means a return to the sort of character/world/story ambitions of the Radiant duology. We'll see. I'd also like a refresh of the artistic direction.

Agreed 100% - Shadows of Valentia's story presentation combined with a story like what we saw in the Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn duology would be a godsend for the Fire Emblem series - assuming it's combined with improved gameplay mechanics a la FE Fates: Conquest.

I'm also hoping there is something behind Reggie's talk of "true" Metroid--which is an odd line for him to take after how he talked about Federation Force as what we all really wanted, deep down inside.

FE and Metroid returning to form would be huge for me. Those two and Zelda are my core Nintendo interests, i.e. a large part of my core interest in gaming in general :p.

Those are my thoughts on Metroid as well - to say it will be a "true next installment in the franchise" gets my hopes up, but Nintendo has a funny way of changing things that don't need to be changed & dashing dreams. Then again, with just how bad Metroid Prime Federation Force and Other M sold & were received, they simply must've gotten the message from the fanbase, right?

... Right?

Im simply saying its unfair to the wiiu to say wiiu didnt get a zelda for 5 years but switch got one day one if botw was cleary a port of the wii u version. Thats it. Also as for the list, simply assuming all games on this list are gonna be better then the wiiu games is also unfair against wiiu games before they are even out

im trying to say what i write, you dont need to project something on it

also you are to up at arms about this so im gonna not further discuss

It's not unfair to say that. It is what it is. The Wii U didn't get a Zelda game until 4 years later and the Switch got one day 1. They both came out the same day. The Wii got a Zelda game day 1.

Let me ask this....do you guys honestly believe that Xenoblade will be out this year? I want it to but I'm not sure...
I think Japan is fairly likely. Their localization team better step it up now that RDR2 is spring 2018.
I am hoping for some cheaper VC releases for wiiU softwares that were not huge sellers (but did OK) like this game, Pikmin 3, Yoshi WW, Kirby or Bayonetta 2.
Dont' think you should expect VC/emulation of Wii U software on Switch anytime soon. Porting is likely a better idea.

Peléo

Really not sure how to feel about that paid subscription service, especially since neither Splatoon 2 nor ARMS make me want to pay anything for online while I have a PC for multiplayer games. Splatoon 2 seems fun, and I enjoyed Splatoon 1, but even with those two, it just doesn't seem worth a subscription.

The predicted price is something close to 2$ per month. Considering Nintendo's retrospective, I don't think we can expect great things about their online system. Wouldn' be surprised if it ended up being pretty barebones. Still, the price is really low for the chance of playing Mario Kart, Splatoon and ARMS online (and Pokemon and Smash eventually).

EDarkness

As boring as a Skyrim port sounds at the moment, I'm sure there's a fairly big audience that would play portable Skyrim and go bananas for it!

If the game turns out to look great and run fairly well compared to the other consoles, then I think that'll get people's attention and push the game more into the limelight. If it's a half-assed port, I think that'll do more harm than good for how well it'll be received by the people interested in the game.

Personally, i don't think they'll screw this up and will go all in with the game. If they do that, they'll have a hit on their hands, and that may mean more games from them down the line. I hope they bring over ESO at some point.

XandBosch

If the game turns out to look great and run fairly well compared to the other consoles, then I think that'll get people's attention and push the game more into the limelight. If it's a half-assed port, I think that'll do more harm than good for how well it'll be received by the people interested in the game.

Personally, i don't think they'll screw this up and will go all in with the game. If they do that, they'll have a hit on their hands, and that may mean more games from them down the line. I hope they bring over ESO at some point.

I'd be more down something like a Fallout 3 remaster.

Ogodei

LA Noire would be pretty up there on the "ports nobody asked for" list, even if you're just restricting it to Rockstar.

Dystify

Nintendo doing anything on the 14th? I need to know which days to take off.

As far as I can remember they haven't said if their Treehouse streams continue on the 14th, but there's at least one of the two tournaments on that day. But even without confirmation I would say they will continue their Treehouse streams, as they've done it like this the past years.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Honestly I think the first party lineup we know about is better than either the Wii U's or 3DS first years by a good measure, both in quantity and quality. But I do agree that they should really hammer home that idea of combined output at E3, and I'm hoping they do so. Who knows though.

Thanks to everyone who replied me
To you, I would exactly like them do that: pushing that idea of combined output
Let'so be explicit:

Pokemon stars
Fire emblem switch
SMT switch
MH 5
Mario & Luigi rpg
Luigi mansion 3

This games alongside oddissey, rabbits, xenoblade, pikmin 4 and FE warriors would communicate that concept

I believe they're doing Treehouse stuff on the 14th, Splatoon and ARMS competition or something?

As far as I can remember they haven't said if their Treehouse streams continue on the 14th, but there's at least one of the two tournaments on that day. But even without confirmation I would say they will continue their Treehouse streams, as they've done it like this the past years.

Oh ok. Thank you. I'll skip that day then. Mainly want to be off for the announcements and directspotlightevent

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Thanks to everyone who replied me
To you, I would exactly like them do that: pushing that idea of combined output
Let'so be explicit:

Pokemon stars
Fire emblem switch
SMT switch
MH 5
Mario & Luigi rpg
Luigi mansion 3

This games alongside oddissey, rabbits, xenoblade, pikmin 4 and FE warriors would communicate that concept

Like you want all of that announced in 3 weeks? You want it all released within a certain time frame?

MoonFrog

The sort of third party games they announced in January were on the money. They just looked far off or completely inchoate.

I hope E3 hits those same notes, basically, hits them heavier and presents closer release. I get one was in Japan and E3 is in America, but that's the kind of show I want.

That and, as suggested above, promising Metroid, promising Retro, promising look at FE.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Like you want all of that announced in 3 weeks? You want it all released within a certain time frame?

There aren't many announcements there
Pikmin 4 has been heavily rumored and officially declared existing and almost complete by Nintendo
Pokemon stars has been heavily rumored
The other announcements are MH, Mario & Luigi and Luigi mansion
Is 5 games for a platform that should merge two software streams too much for the first e3 of the mentioned hardware?
I have never talked about these games being released this year. Just to be announced and discussed to confirm and cement the hybrid concept merging the usual portable support from Japan and the classic nintendo support to its home console

Imagining a 2018 lineup with FE, SMT HD, Luigi mansion 3,MH, pikmin 4 to pair the 2017 one, with the already confirmed games plus rabbits and pokemon isn't that delusional at all IF switch should really put together 3ds and wiiu outputs

maxcriden

There aren't many announcements there
Pikmin 4 has been heavily rumored and officially declared existing and almost complete by Nintendo
Pokemon stars has been heavily rumored
The other announcements are MH, Mario & Luigi and Luigi mansion
Is 5 games for a platform that should merge two software streams too much for the first e3 of the mentioned hardware?
I have never talked about these games being released this year. Just to be announced and discussed to confirm and cement the hybrid concept merging the usual portable support from Japan and the classic nintendo support to its home console

Imagining a 2018 lineup with FE, SMT HD, Luigi mansion 3,MH, pikmin 4 to pair the 2017 one, with the already confirmed games plus rabbits and pokemon isn't that delusional at all IF switch should really put together 3ds and wiiu outputs

What do you make of the discussion from Ninja and others regarding the rumored Pikmin actually being Hey Pikmin? I thought they made a good argument so my expectations are low for another Pikmin coming anytime this year at least to Switch. I guess I don't expect many announcements of games releasing greater than one year from now. Nintendo apart from the Wii U Direct of 2013 has shied away from showing games further than a year out for the most part. I don't expect M&L or LM to be announced, especially with a M&L remake coming to 3DS, though I'd love to be wrong. I get the sense the combined output will be more like 1.5x the previous console output rather than 2x.

All of those announced at E3 would be huge, regardless of when they release, because it would indicate that the normal support the 3DS gets has now shifted to the Switch. That's been the major goal from the combined output idea from the very beginning. And we can see it to an extent, since SMT has already been announced and Pokemon is heavily rumored.

But Nintendo should be hammering that home- they should make sure everybody who pays attention to gaming news knows that the Switch is it going forward, there will not be real effort and content focused on any other platform (outside of mobile). Announcing traditionally handheld and traditionally console games, and a huge volume of said games, would go a long way towards communicating that message.

That said, the Switch seems to be doing fine without them hammering home that message, so what do I know?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What do you make of the discussion from Ninja and others regarding the rumored Pikmin actually being Hey Pikmin? I thought they made a good argument so my expectations are low for another Pikmin coming anytime this year at least to Switch. I guess I don't expect many announcements of games releasing greater than one year from now. Nintendo apart from the Wii U Direct of 2013 has shied away from showing games further than a year out for the most part. I don't expect M&L or LM to be announced, especially with a M&L remake coming to 3DS, though I'd love to be wrong. I get the sense the combined output will be more like 1.5x the previous console output rather than 2x.

Realistic
But disappointing
If pikmin 4 is the azrest 3ds game this is a bummer
If it isn't and they announce 4 for 2018 I am OK
I know that they usually don't talk about games too far away but I think they need to discuss about hoe switch is/isn't going to absorb 3ds support too
FE is already announced. SMT HD too. And I don't think that 4 games would be to unveil too much about 2018 lineup (right..?)

All of those announced at E3 would be huge, regardless of when they release, because it would indicate that the normal support the 3DS gets has now shifted to the Switch. That's been the major goal from the combined output idea from the very beginning. And we can see it to an extent, since SMT has already been announced and Pokemon is heavily rumored.

But Nintendo should be hammering that home- they should make sure everybody who pays attention to gaming news knows that the Switch is it going forward, there will not be real effort and content focused on any other platform (outside of mobile). Announcing traditionally handheld and traditionally console games, and a huge volume of said games, would go a long way towards communicating that message.

That said, the Switch seems to be doing fine without them hammering home that message, so what do I know?

I agree

What do you make of the discussion from Ninja and others regarding the rumored Pikmin actually being Hey Pikmin? I thought they made a good argument so my expectations are low for another Pikmin coming anytime this year at least to Switch.

The project itself is made by a team under Miyamoto within Nintendo, not an external developer.

maxcriden

The project itself is made by a team under Miyamoto within Nintendo, not an external developer.

If you're referring to the comments Miyamoto previously made about Pikmin, if I'm thinking of the same ones, I believe NinjaCoach was speculating that those comments may have been referring to producers within Nintendo shepherding an outside project.

Its hard to believe e3 is almost here. I want to believe nintendo will actually deliver this time. I want to believe so bad.

I believe they may. In the past ten years they've delivered more years than not IMO.

I hope they end with Retro's game. If Nintendo knows it's going to be something everyone is going to love just end the Spotlight revealing their game.

Its hard to believe e3 is almost here. I want to believe nintendo will actually deliver this time. I want to believe so bad.

Exactly this.

I want to get my hopes up because Reggie promised a "True Installment" in the Metroid Franchise, and Retro is working on a new IP, and FE Switch was announced as the next true 'home console Fire Emblem', and the Switch is infinitely better as a platform than the Wii U...

But at the same time, it's Nintendo; any of these could be twisted into something as thoroughly confusing and confounding as Mario x Rabbids.

I want to dream - I'm just afraid to.

DMONKUMA

Depends on what you want them to deliver. If it's just confirmation on release dates, gameplay, reveals for 2017 and teases of games for 2018 then I think that would deliver.

Specifically if Xenoblade is shown with an actual date for 2017, a Metroid is shown, Retro's game is shown along with some third party surprises then it would deliver personally for me.

MomoQca

Let me ask this....do you guys honestly believe that Xenoblade will be out this year? I want it to but I'm not sure...

I honestly do. For whatever reason, people believe XC2 will be delayed because they're basing it on false memories. The reality is that only XCX was delayed from 2014 to 2015. The circumstance surrounding XC cannot be applied for this game because localization occurred AFTER it was released in Japan.

Anyway, here's why I think it'll be out this year:

-Nintendo & other sources repeatedly stated that it'll come out in 2017 for all regions. (trailer, investor meeting, Soraya Saga, etc.)

-It is likely the ONLY remaining first-party title to be localized for 2017. According to a Nintendo official, Super Mario Odyssey was practically done as of January. Fire Emblem Warriors is being made by a third-party. ARMS and Splatoon 2 are most definitely in the final stages of localization, if not already done.

-This is somewhat of a stretch...but speaking of localization, it seemingly began BEFORE the January reveal. Wendee Lee, who is an American voice director (previously worked on XCX) has hinted two times that she plays a part in the VO of XC2.

-The OST production is seemingly wrapped up, or at least almost done. Mitsuda, CHiCO, Kiyota, etc. all have been quiet/posting less frequently since a month ago.

-Nintendo promised to be a more globalized company, meaning they'll attempt to release games at the same general time period for all regions. This has been the case for all their first-party Switch titles so far. Heck even, the west got Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia a month after Japan--a significantly shorter period of wait compared to past Fire Emblem games.

Xbro

Honestly I think they are very confident in the release date. So I think yes. It baffles me how many people swear up and down it won't come out this year.

That isn't to say it couldn't be delayed, but come on guys.

If you're referring to the comments Miyamoto previously made about Pikmin, if I'm thinking of the same ones, I believe NinjaCoach was speculating that those comments may have been referring to producers within Nintendo shepherding an outside project.

We'd also have to take the word of the apparent insiders into account, as a few of them don't counts Hey Pikmin as the one Miyamoto was involved with. Since in this case their word would be as good as NinjaCoach's if we don't fully believe their credibility.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding Pikmin 4...with any luck, Eurogamer will reveal Miyamoto again this E3 and ask a follow-up question about the game to get to the bottom of things.

- - -

What announcements do you all expect to be saved for the parts of Nintendo's E3 that are not the E3 Spotlight i.e. the tournaments and Treehouse Live?

My guess is that the ARMS tournament will reveal what the first free DLC will bring, while Splatoon 2's tournament might show a new mode and/or weapon type. As for Treehouse Live, I expect the holiday Kirby action game to be revealed here along with the Zelda DLC Pack #1 release date.

Peléo

What announcements do you all expect to be saved for the parts of Nintendo's E3 that are not the E3 Spotlight i.e. the tournaments and Treehouse Live?

My guess is that the ARMS tournament will reveal what the first free DLC will bring, while Splatoon 2's tournament might show a new mode and/or weapon type. As for Treehouse Live, I expect the holiday Kirby action game to be revealed here along with the Zelda DLC Pack #1 release date.

I do no think they reveal any of the DLC for ARMS before the game is actually released. An announcement 1-month after launch seems more likely to keep the spotlight on the game.

VegiHam

If there's going to be a Pikmin 4, they need to get from announcing it to release in like three months.

It felt like we had to hear about Pikmin 3 in five directs in a row or something. Never again.

Exactly this.

I want to get my hopes up because Reggie promised a "True Installment" in the Metroid Franchise, and Retro is working on a new IP, and FE Switch was announced as the next true 'home console Fire Emblem', and the Switch is infinitely better as a platform than the Wii U...

But at the same time, it's Nintendo; any of these could be twisted into something as thoroughly confusing and confounding as Mario x Rabbids.

I want to dream - I'm just afraid to.

You're being too worried. It's not always "it's Nintendo" (which is one of the most annoying things to hear). They've been spot on with their video presentations and game announcements. Not sure how anything is twisted and confusing. Fire Emblem Switch is Fire Emblem Switch. Nobody said Retro is working on a new IP so you can recant that one.

Regarding Pikmin 4...with any luck, Eurogamer will reveal Miyamoto again this E3 and ask a follow-up question about the game to get to the bottom of things.

- - -

Good question. Treehouse will definitely show the new Kirby game for 3DS. The Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga game will probably get announced there too. The ARMS tournament I don't see DLC being shown off. I think Nintendo will wait a little while for that. Maybe Sakurai will show up to announce Spring Man for Smash at the end lol.

What are the odds of a 2D Mario being announced or teased?
Probably not high with Odyssey, but got to thinking and what if the next 2D Mario followed the style of Mario Bros 2?

Would be kinda cool. Plus playable Peach in a 2D game again.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Xenoblade 2's art style is going to throw off a lot of people too, so I wouldn't consider that in league with something like Metroid Prime 1&2 and Fire Emblem PoR & RD.

Agreed - Breath of the Wild and the upcoming Fire Emblem are the only two potentially 'mature-ish' games Nintendo has going for them, especially since we know nothing about what they're doing with Metroid, or what Retro Studios is working on.

As mentioned above, I'd only really consider the first two games listed as potentially mature-ish games, especially considering we don't know if FE Switch will follow in the footsteps of Fire Emblem PoR/RD or Awakening.

Agreed 100% - Shadows of Valentia's story presentation combined with a story like what we saw in the Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn duology would be a godsend for the Fire Emblem series - assuming it's combined with improved gameplay mechanics a la FE Fates: Conquest.

Those are my thoughts on Metroid as well - to say it will be a "true next installment in the franchise" gets my hopes up, but Nintendo has a funny way of changing things that don't need to be changed & dashing dreams. Then again, with just how bad Metroid Prime Federation Force and Other M sold & were received, they simply must've gotten the message from the fanbase, right?

... Right?
I sincerely doubt xenoblade is for children

I wrote a breakdown about the "Pikmin 4" rumours earlier but I figure I might as well post it now since the discussion has ramped up again, and I think it's important we are all clear on everything, since there's been so much information about it that it's been hard to keep on top of everything. So hopefully, this is the best recap out there regarding What The Hell Is Going On With The Pikmin Franchise.

Here is Miyamoto's exact quote in 2015.

"It's actually very close to completion," Miyamoto said. "Pikmin teams are always working on the next one."

As I mentioned earlier, note the use of "Pikmin teams", plural.

Nintendo's statement to Eurogamer:
"We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."

It is only Nintendo's PR who call it "Pikmin 4". Eurogamer simply say Miyamoto told them of "a fourth major Pikmin game".

In June 2016, Miyamoto gave the following update:

”Yes, you are right, and we're working on [it]. So, you know, when we're in development we have to create a list of priorities and it has been hard to kind of fit that into that list, but we're hopefully starting to see that on the list now."

A bit over two months later, Hey Pikmin was announced for 3DS, coming out in mid-2017.

Now here are where the rumour people come in.

LKD put "Pikmin 4" on her list for a summer 2017 release on Switch. She described it as a "reboot", and it would not literally called "Pikmin 4". In her post-mortem, she said, "I still believe [the 2017 section of my report] is fairly accurate." No further details regarding Pikmin specifically.

Tom Phillips casually mentioned "Pikmin 4" last fall on twitter, as did Emily Rogers. Both backing up that it would be in the first 12 months.

However... recently, Emily's blogposts and tweets suggest she doesn't have a ton of current info about it. This was when she was dropping knowledge about Mario + Rabbids. But it seems like her and the other leakers are in the dark regarding "Pikmin 4".

In an April blogpost, she said,
And what's the deal with Pikmin 4 which Shigeru Miyamoto keeps discussing in multiple interviews? Hopefully we'll find out in soon.

In response to someone asking what she thinks about Pikmin 4 and Retro's game coming to Switch year one:

I don't know about Pikmin 4, but Retro's game has been in development for 3+ years..Make of that what you will.

She also said, in context of a conversation where people were surprised more weren't asking Miyamoto about "Pikmin 4" despite his previous acknowledgement of it,

If 3DS Pikmin is Pikmin 4, then I wish a reporter would get a clarification from Miyamoto.

Finally, LKD's last mention of it was prior to the January event, where she said she believed it would be an E3 announcement if anything. She hasn't commented on "Pikmin 4" since to my knowledge.

Those above are the facts. The following is my opinion.

* Two of the major leakers who mentioned Pikmin 4 around the same time LKD did, have not commented on it with the same level of confidence since.
* To follow up on that, Tom Phillips only mentioned Pikmin 4 in a single tweet. He was confident enough in Pokemon Stars to write an article in Eurogamer about it. However, "Pikmin 4" did not receive the same treatment. The closest is a mention in this article about Hey Pikmin - where he notes in his opinion the existence of a separate Pikmin 4 is "likely", but does not state its existence as factual to his knowledge.
* LKD herself has not specifically commented on it since the January event.
* Nothing in Miyamoto's quotes disqualifies Hey Pikmin as being the game he was referring to. As I mentioned before, he simply says "Pikmin teams", which does not specify EPD or any other developer.
* LKD's details about it being a "reboot" are strange. Hey Pikmin is clearly branded and designed from a gameplay perspective as not being a sequel to 1-3, same way she describes this "reboot" being. Also stars Olimar alone as the first game did.
* Miyamoto says the game was "close to completion" in 2015 - i.e. a point in time where the 3DS was Nintendo's principle platform. Note that even BOTW did not begin being ported to the Switch until spring 2016. His mention in June implies the game was delayed for strategic/scheduling reasons, as Nintendo are often wont to do. Hey Pikmin has looked pretty near-done in all the footage we've seen of it since September, and its final release date ties in with the launch of the New 2DS XL, a late-lifespan remodel that coincides with the system's last real sales push. Incidentally, this is in summer 2017, just when LKD claimed "Pikmin reboot" would come out.

Personally, my guess is it sounds like the source who told the leakers about "Pikmin 4" was perhaps leading them on or otherwise had their wires crossed with Hey Pikmin. Most of the people who talked about it last fall don't seem to be quite as confident in it now. And again, I must stress - there's nothing in Miyamoto's quotes that confirm explicitly Hey Pikmin isn't the game he was referring to.

My final conclusion is I think a proper Pikmin 4 on consoles will happen at some point. But I do not believe that was the game Miyamoto was referring to.

In any case all of this would be over if either A - An actual console Pikmin is announced at E3 or B - Someone asks Miyamoto about it and he admits that Hey Pikmin is the game he was referring to.

You're being too worried. It's not always "it's Nintendo" (which is one of the most annoying things to hear). They've been spot on with their video presentations and game announcements. Not sure how anything is twisted and confusing. Fire Emblem Switch is Fire Emblem Switch. Nobody said Retro is working on a new IP so you can recant that one.

They've been doing alright with their video presentations and announcements, and I never called those confusing; I was criticizing the choices made in the development and conception of Metroid Other M and Federation Force, both games that sold poorly and were incredibly poorly received - Federation Force especially, ever since its announcement.

As for the Retro rumor, yes, it's a rumor - but if there's any newer information that contradicts the sources of the rumor, I haven't seen it. It may not happen or be proven 100% yet, but I believe it makes sense at the very least.

I sincerely doubt xenoblade is for children

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's for children, but its art style is certainly not comparable to something like Metroid Prime 2 or Path of Radiance, IMO.

xenoblade-3.png

They've been doing alright with their video presentations and announcements, and I never called those confusing; I was criticizing the choices made in the development and conception of Metroid Other M and Federation Force, both games that sold poorly and were incredibly poorly received - Federation Force especially, ever since its announcement.

As for the Retro rumor, yes, it's a rumor - but if there's any newer information that contradicts the sources of the rumor, I haven't seen it. It may not happen or be proven 100% yet, but I believe it makes sense at the very least.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's for children, but its art style is certainly not comparable to something like Metroid Prime 2 or Path of Radiance, IMO.
Can't really criticize with them trying with Other M.
The Prime series wasn't selling that well anymore. Prime 3 didn't even get 2 mil and Trilogy I think didn't even get 1 mil.

They tried somthing new and the game did recieved good reviews. But backlash for the writing and other things made the game look horrible then what it actually was (I didn't think it was as bad as people claim, just not even close to be as good as Prime).

DMONKUMA

For any rumors regarding Retros project the only one that I'm clearly aware of is Evb's where they said that it's Donkey Kong with David Wise onboard.

It seems like that got that info straight from David as well.

Guys, we've been through this, nobody has an accurate Retro rumor. Almost nobody has ever had an accurate Retro rumor. Nobody knows what they're making*, don't put stock into anything.

*Besides delicious BBQ

For any rumors regarding Retros project the only one that I'm clearly aware of is Evb's where they said that it's Donkey Kong with David Wise onboard.

It seems like that got that info straight from David as well.

This is the first time I'm hearing David Wise is on board. All I remember was Evb saying Retro is making something DK related.

DMONKUMA

Guys, we've been through this, nobody has an accurate Retro rumor. Almost nobody has ever had an accurate Retro rumor. Nobody knows what they're making*, don't put stock into anything.

*Besides delicious BBQ

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I'm just sayin

This is the first time I'm hearing David Wise is on board. All I remember was Evb saying Retro is making something DK related.

He mentioned it in the 3 years...Retro thread.

Wait, who is Evb, never heard of them before.

User on here.

*Besides delicious BBQ

DKCR's existence was one of the few legitimate Nintendo E3 leaks during the DS/Wii era.

*Besides delicious BBQ

If we put all the Retro game rumors together Retro is essentially making every single game you can think of lol.

Top Bottom