• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

So, is it actually impossible to join a game session? I just need to know so I can stop wasting my time.
Is this a region thing, or what? I swear this is the worst online Ive encountered. Considering the threads not on fire, I'm guessing most people are getting on fine?

cordy

Banned
So, is it actually impossible to join a game session? I just need to know so I can stop wasting my time.
Is this a region thing, or what? I swear this is the worst online Ive encountered. Considering the threads not on fire, I'm guessing most people are getting on fine?

Quit trying. I tried myself for so long then I said "fuck it" because it'll only frustrate you and then when you're matched against someone obsessed with the game enough that they've been trying repeatedly for hours, they'll beat you. Believe me lol.

Flousn

Customization is a bit lacking - but i am quite happy with Hwoarang-Bowie :)

BpSNWdG.jpg

Quit trying. I tried myself for so long then I said "fuck it" because it'll only frustrate you and then when you're matched against someone obsessed with the game enough that they've been trying repeatedly for hours, they'll beat you. Believe me lol.

Last guy I matched with perfected me twice in a row. I reupped with about ten times cause I knew how hard it would be to find someone else lol.
I wish I could get jobbed

Made a neat Hwoarang custom costume.

Never played Tekken before (and don't play fighters generally), but I'm having a blast.
Also didn't realize this dude rode a motorcycle when I made this initially, so I got really excited when I saw him ride in on a motorcycle with this costume.

I love it, lol

cordy

Banned
Last guy I matched with perfected me twice in a row. I reupped with about ten times cause I knew how hard it would be to find someone else lol.
I wish I could get jobbed

Yeah it's crazy that the only people you can find are those who are extremely good. Most everybody else quits. I was just lucky to beat 1 Nina before tapping out lol.

I don't even know how to defend this shit. I don't street fighter.

Go you Youtube and watch the Tekken Talk from a few days ago. MarkMan played and did it on the first try. Use his strats to win, it works.

Hei at the end of it all isn't just Hei either. He's still just a dude, but he basically goes into a full maxed human potential mode. Basically Iron Fist Heihachi haha
indeed. and that is why
he dies. I would not be surprised if he shows up in T8 as it wouldn't be the first time his death was faked (counting T7's campaign it'd make it 3)
but I'm ready for things to move on to fully being focused on Kazuya vs Jin, like the BN logo always teases

tumblr_om7eviceSp1qj5jqso1_500.gif

Demoskinos

Oh my god whoever suggested just sitting in the ranked matchmaking list and letting people challenge you that way THANK YOU.

Was finally able to get in a few matches and get at least one ranked win for the trophy. I'll go back once the mode is properly patched up.

Aside from the useful links section of the OP, is there a git gud guide for this game? I just started playing, and I've never really played fighters before.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
we've talked about this before but Jin is basically the main character, whether he's taken a backseat in the latest installments or not

Well he's been the MC and the main guy on the cover for 3, 4 and 5....for 6 he was the actual true 'hero' of the game[ because of his secret plan despite also being the foe antagonist.

So technically he's been the MC for a majority of the series anyway, and even in the game, the reason why he's out of it is specifically to focus on heihachi and Kazuya's final battle,
which ironically still has him come in at the very end to take back the mantle of MC

HeelPower

It could have been told so much better, that's my issue. I wanted to see Kazuya's POV when the devil came unto him to show how it could have been misrepresented as an entity he sold his soul to to "revive" him and eventually get revenge on poppa. Instead a got this shitty narrator making nonsensical connections between scenes and events.

I agree totally.

Its just that Tekken has never been known for strong story telling ,and for them to pull off a story mode like that was very satisfying as a long time fan.

Yeah I play Tekken since the 1st one, so I kinda followed the story (had to refresh my memory with Wikipedia before going in T7 though), and the story of T7 is very very good, for a fighting game. Absolutly loved it.

With this and Injustice 2, it's 2 great story modes we got in few weeks.

Yep!

B00TE

Finally done bouncing around characters. Coming back to Jin always feels so good. Grinding out treasure battles is oddly relaxing.

Skatterd

I really liked story mode, I just really want typical arcade endings for each character as well, especially as most of them weren't in the actual story.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken 6's story--or at least it's premise--feels really displaced. Like it should have happened after Tekken 7. It's like they jumped too far ahead after 5, then remembered Heihachi was a thing, rewound stuff and kept Jin out of the picture so Heihachi and Kazuya could have closure, and now they've set it up for Kaz vs Jin... again...

Yooooooooo!

I had this dipshit down to a sliver and a cutscene took over thinking I won and instead gave us both rage (or just him, wouldn't surprise me) and I was taken by surprise. Fuck this shit.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Tekken 6's story--or at least it's premise--feels really displaced. Like it should have happened after Tekken 7. It's like they jumped too far ahead after 5, then remembered Heihachi was a thing, rewound stuff and kept Jin out of the picture so Heihachi and Kazuya could have closure, and now they've set it up for Kaz vs Jin... again...

Well G Corp and Mishima Zaibatsu have been fighting since Tekken 4, because they were the ones who revived Kazuya's dead body after 2 in the first place, so it kinda feels like things were kind of slowly solidifying throgh every installment IMO

Yeah I agree.

My theory is that the reason Kazuya's Devil form doesn't look like Kazumi's is due to the fact that the special Mishima gene transformed his and has given him new strength. Kazuya's potential is probably higher than Heihachi's given this. With that said, the Kazama gene is powerful as well. The reason Jin's so strong is because he's got 3 different genes inside of his body: the Mishima, Hachijou and Kazama. He's the perfect storm hence why he's always whipping their asses pre-T7.

That's actually a pretty good point.

DNA matters a lot in this game. Asuka is affected, affected, Lars is affected, Jin and Kazuya are affected...its pretty crazy actually

JayEH

Oh my god whoever suggested just sitting in the ranked matchmaking list and letting people challenge you that way THANK YOU.

Was finally able to get in a few matches and get at least one ranked win for the trophy. I'll go back once the mode is properly patched up.

I'll try that tonight. I'll have to be a scrub and use akuma since I won't have many chances to get games.

cordy

Banned
That's actually a pretty good point.

DNA matters a lot in this game. Asuka is affected, affected, Lars is affected, Jin and Kazuya are affected...its pretty crazy actually

It's interesting when you think about it but at the same time hopefully we get more information towards these special genes in other clans.

I've heard about people finding themselves through fighting games before, but this is ridiculous

mjyRXr9.png

I
AM
DEAD

I remember I had a ROM of Tekken 3 on PC a long while back that featured online play.

Me and my opponent both selected Yoshimitsu. The match felt super odd and off and that's because it wasn't against another opponent, the cpu was doing whatever I did but reversed directions because it was facing the opposite way.

I didn't realize this until 3 matches in.

To this day, I don't know if I did something wrong or if this was being passed off as online play, tricking people into thinking someone else was controlling it haha.

Aside from the useful links section of the OP, is there a git gud guide for this game? I just started playing, and I've never really played fighters before.

Here are some links I grabbed for all the new people:

Resources for new players:

Character overviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbewxse8DlI

Top ten points for new players from other fighting games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfgm7ifwhQ

Website(s)
Tekkenzaibatsu . Com
Shoryken . Com
Top 15 moves for each character: https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/

How sidestepping works, its a video for Tekken 6 but some of it still applies to Tekken 7.
https://youtu.be/wuLhI7Co8CA

Also youtube "Level up your game" 80%+ of the Tekken 6 stuff will be applicable to T7.
Also youtube Basic to Pro: https://youtu.be/JxSzUSeYtkU

Renekton

My theory is that the reason Kazuya's Devil form doesn't look like Kazumi's is due to the fact that the special Mishima gene transformed his and has given him new strength.
I always thought it was Jun's upbringing that changed his fate.

Interestingly both Kazumi and Jin get split personality from it but Kazuya doesn't.

Here are some links I grabbed for all the new people:

Resources for new players:

Character overviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbewxse8DlI

Top ten points for new players from other fighting games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfgm7ifwhQ

Website(s)
Tekkenzaibatsu . Com
Shoryken . Com
Top 15 moves for each character: https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/

How sidestepping works, its a video for Tekken 6 but some of it still applies to Tekken 7.
https://youtu.be/wuLhI7Co8CA

Also youtube "Level up your game" 80%+ of the Tekken 6 stuff will be applicable to T7.
Also youtube Basic to Pro: https://youtu.be/JxSzUSeYtkU

Thanks!

Well he's been the MC and the main guy on the cover for 3, 4 and 5....for 6 he was the actual true 'hero' of the game[ because of his secret plan despite also being the foe antagonist.

So technically he's been the MC for a majority of the series anyway, and even in the game, the reason why he's out of it is specifically to focus on heihachi and Kazuya's final battle,
which ironically still has him come in at the very end to take back the mantle of MC

the thing is in Tekken 4, the focus was Heihachi vs Kazuya also, yet Jin ended up being the MC again. I expected the same with this game but at least we know where the story will head. Although...Tekken games take so long to release from announcement-->arcade-->playstation, I don't we'll get Tekken 8 until Ps5.

Fuck that move. Do players have access to that shit? I don't even know the telegraph or defense for it.

Edit: Every. Damn. Time. I'm. Doing. Well.

kazuya's flying kick goes over fireballs and is pretty safe on block, his backwards teleport evades akuma's focus attack, if you get to far away just start sidewalking until you're close enough to do a flying kick, keep doing it until you hit him and then back off a bit and repeat, once he gets to 50% health you'll want to watch out for the focus attack because you'll instantly die if you get hit by it at that point, just teleport backwards so it whiffs and nail him with a flying kick.

Top Bottom