• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizagaox

I reckon we're getting a Ratchet & Clank 2 announcement, but it'll be substantially different. Perhaps with more open world exploration.

Varjis

Well, I was holding off getting a Pro based on what MS priced the Xbox One X and what they had to show. I was disappointed, time to get a Pro. I feel like tomorrow will just reinforce that choice.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i'm not expecting to be wow-ed this year. probably gonna be status quo. i wonder if they opt to not show some things farther off since MS didn't exactly hit a homerun. (yeah i know doubtful they make last minute changes like this)

Also personally hope we don't see anything that's more than 2 years out. There's really no point in showing games so early. I was originally hyped about FF7R but now im just irritated considering the state its in.
Take 2 does not "like " E3. Yeah they made some announcements at Sony or MS stage but nothing major ( outside maybe GTA IV ).
Ah okay, so i guess theyll be showing it on their own terms?

Dizagaox

Yup.

It's called Spider-Man.
I think Spider-Man is a huge AAA title and probably done by Insomniac's main team.

The last R&C wasn't quite an AAA title (and was released as a discounted game in some markets) and was done by a smaller team. I think they'd do the same here.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I download GoW3 remastered and let me tell YOU I am glad they are making dramatic changes. I love GoW but...I'm done with that.

David___

Banned
I think Spider-Man is a huge AAA title and probably done by Insomniac's main team.

The last R&C wasn't quite an AAA title (and was released as a discounted game in some markets) and was done by a smaller team. I think they'd do the same here.

Spider Man is being worked on by both teams iirc

RSchmitz

I replayed gow3 last year and still love it. I think it's good that it's getting a refresh but I'd be there day 1 with the old formula regardless.
I like gow way more than platinum style action games

Gurish

Sony Keys to Success.

PS4 Pro Price Drop by $50.

PSVR Price Drop by $50

Make OG PS4 Price Drop by $50 permanent.

Bring in cross platform play.

Announce Pro Controller.

Backwards compatibility with PS1, PS2, and PS3 (I Know...)

Announce QoL updates to PS4 OS and PSN.

+

The goodness I know they will bring games wise and we could have a winner!

Man you are putting this list as if MS just had 5 new amazing AAA exclusives and Scorpio is 350$, what are you talking about!? just show Kratos's beard and they already have a better show than MS.

I download GoW3 remastered and let me tell YOU I am glad they are making dramatic changes. I love GoW but...I'm done with that.

GOW 3 Remastered was my first GOW and I couldn't play it for more than an hour, it just does not feel very fluid when stacked up against current games, even if it is a quasi character-action title in a gen with little of that going around. Don't want to return to that tbh.

Sony Keys to Success:

PSN Name change

ftfy

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I LIKE to see games that are far off. First, I'm not going anywhere. I'm still going to be playing games in a few years. And second, I like that showing some games shows where the future of the medium will be in a few years. Seeing so many people go "mwah, Shenmue 3 isn't coming out this year or NEXT YEAR!!!" it's like who fucking cares? Are you a babby? They announced a kickstarter and used the attention to launch into the most successful kickstarter ever. And in the meantime a ton of people had an emotional, unforgettable moment that united them as a community and will be with them for the rest of their lives. God people are so fucking jaded about everything. Just constant whining.

duhmetree

I know what Take-Two said recently but I still wouldn't be surprised to see a RDR2 trailer sprinkled into the Sony show.

There's also this little quote from the Glixel article
Sony will also be pushing its partnerships, "We have a Call of Duty partnership, a Destiny 2 partnership, Red Dead partnership with Take-Two and Star Wars with EA," says Ryan. While unwilling to specify the nature of these deals, it's likely we'll see trailer premieres at the very least.

I think they said that they really don't work that way (teams) and that basically the whole studio is focused on this project.

I would love a new Ratchet too though :)

Indeed. I'd guess Sony paid good money for the marketing deal and would like to flaunt the game at their biggest show of the year.

I'm sure Sony would love for RDR2 to be there. But that's not how things work. Rockstar operates how they want to operate. They tend to want all the spotlight to be on their game, which leads them to setting a date off from other gaming shows so that they're the center of attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom