• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

casiopao

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 261 (RAW from 50ish chapters ahead)

Hoping this means what I'm hoping this means. It's basically the only development that could revive my interest in this. Shame the translations'll take about 3 years to reach this point.

Ohhh boi. Pliz tell me that he need to conquer her this time.^_^

LMAO, FT literally got everything poured into it and it came out with that kind of ending

Toriko (I know FT isn't WSJ) still wins even after it was cancelled, and surprisingly Bleach had a better ending.

Sandfox

LMAO, FT literally got everything poured into it and it came out with that kind of ending

Toriko (I know FT isn't WSJ) still wins even after it was cancelled, and surprisingly Bleach had a better ending.
I don't think that's possible at this point. Mashima could send in a blank pages for the final chapter and it would be better than what Bleach gave up IMO.

I don't think that's possible at this point. Mashima could send in a blank pages for the final chapter and it would be better than what Bleach gave up IMO.

but Hiro Mashima somehow delivered. I flipped through the Zeref stuff too; lol I can't even understand how that worked, let alone him and Mavis passing on in bliss when literally Mavis didn't even care about her apparent son lol.

Sandfox

but Hiro Mashima somehow delivered. I flipped through the Zeref stuff too; lol I can't even understand how that worked, let alone him and Mavis passing on in bliss when literally Mavis didn't even care about her apparent son lol.

The last arc of Bleach was far worse in that regard and I'm still annoyed that we never got to see a lot of the zanpakuto releases. The thing you singled out was bad, but not confusing or hard to understand.

The last arc of Bleach was far worse in that regard and I'm still annoyed that we never got to see a lot of the zanpakuto releases. The thing you singled out was bad, but not confusing or hard to understand.

I'd care more if I really cared in the slightest about any of those characters. Really the only real disappointment in that regard was no Aizen bankai

Sandfox

I'd care more if I really cared in the slightest about any of those characters. Really the only real disappointment in that regard was no Aizen bankai
You didn't want to see Shinji's bankai or the Hisagi one they kept hyping up? I also feel like Kubo needed more pages for the final chapter to properly wrap things uip, but I don't know if I should put that on him or WSJ.

Arabesque

You didn't want to see Shinji's bankai or the Hisagi one they kept hyping up? I also feel like Kubo needed more pages for the final chapter to properly wrap things uip, but I don't know if I should put that on him or WSJ.

Even if Jump gave Kubo 20 extra pages to wrap up everything, what would it have fixed? The problems with the final arc were never dependent on how poor the ending was, but on how poor the entire arc had been start to finish. And it's not like some extra pages were going to fix the waste of time a lot of the superfluous chapters we had either.

As an example, prior to 686, Kubo had spent a year on the SS fights. 3 months of Mayuri vs Giant Hand, 3 months of Shunsui vs Giant Freak Flamingo Chicken, and then the never ending Miracle battle that just went on and on and on.

The ''quickest'' of those was the Askin fight, which was fragmented and most of it off screen until the last few chapters, and mixed in with the Gerard fight. Add all of them up, and it it something like 11 months of dragged out battles that have 0 relevancy to the finale.

If there is anything to blame WSJ for, is that they allowed Kubo to waste as much time as he liked until the very end.

I think the announcement that it was going to be the last arc was made about two years before the last chapter. Kubo's plotting was all over the place and he probably just didn't have the imagination to come up with a good bankai for shinji since his shikai was pretty unique.

Anyways I went searching for chair-sama pics and happened upon this:

x_38bcbe62.jpg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dungeon Meshi ch. 36

What, err, even is she now

Was a pretty fun chapter until Laius opened his mouth, Chilchack should've guessed better and went with him instead.

Arabesque

I think the announcement that it was going to be the last arc was made about two years before the last chapter.

Kubo initially said he'd do a short arc followed by a longer final arc 6 years before the series conclusion. The actual announcement in the magazine was more than 4 years prior to the conclusion.

That, and Kubo had supposedly been planning for this final arc from mid-Arrancar arc, along with taking breaks during it.

So he had all the time in the world.

Iinazuke Kyoutei 42

Wataru doesn't look like he's enjoying himself. With valentines day coming up, things are going to get rough.

Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!! 1 - 13

Everyone sure is being mean to the demon lord. Thats not very nice.

Fairy Tale 544.....like...I don't even,.....fuck it!

I still find that better than what we just got! We all knew how the final battles were going to be;

Zeref: some super duper friendship emotion punch

Acnologia: all elemental super duper friendship punch, with the help a a spirit bomb like fairy sphere...

Que the; "I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed" gif

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon Meshi ch36

Huh, didn't think what Marcille did was that big of a deal. Then again they were kinda short on time and had to act quick. At least that creep seems to have realized his mistake and is being helpful for now.

Poor Chilchack, having to keep the madmen in check, lol.

Iinazuke Kyoutei ch42

I'll never understand Japan's fascination for KitKat (and its derivatives).

Mob Psycho 100 ch100.5

Hanazawa is the real hero.

Dynedom

I hope Mashima trolls the fanbase by bringing back Simon from the dead somehow in the finale. The "nobody dies" mantra of FT would be finally complete. :D

Hard to say which is worse

Bleach had 4 years to and still managed to not show a lot of shit and was forced to rush the ending because Kubo is a hack though you can at least see what he wanted he's just a terrible writer/planner

Fairy Tail has the ending everyone expected it to (ft saves the day by friendship) so while it didn't have any real expectations it also didn't do anything interesting.

I guess I'd say FT's is worse, Bleach's ending was bad, FT's endint was boring. I find boring to be much worse then bad.

Zweizer

Banned
Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto Desu! Schwestern in Liebe! ch1 by Miman

Shiraki Hime is a newly-enrolled high school student. She's prim, friendly, and exceedingly cute. Her peers all love her, and she herself is grateful for their appreciation, yet knows to stay modest and tries to get along with everyone. She truly is the idol of the school.

It was all an act. Her dream is to marry a billionaire and live the rest of her life in opulence. For that, she knows she has to put her assets to good use, and keep a 'good girl' facade for as long as necessary. Too bad for her, she crashes onto another student, and one thing leading to another, she's forced to work in a café where the waitresses roleplay as elegant students from an all-girls school.

Hey, she never specified that the billionaire had to be a guy, right?

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Net Party ~Kuukan Tsunageruteki na Yatsu de Chinpo Atsumetemita~ by Zenra QQ

Cute streamer boy going for an Unlimited Portal Works. The result is as messy as you can imagine, but hey, at least everyone involved had fun. Let's hope such a future is upon us soon.

(NSFW) Wife Who Wants to be Loved by Itaba Hiroshi

Manager wife and house husband. It's pretty inoffensive vanilla, and it's always nice to see couples getting along and having a healthy sex life, even after birth.

(NSFW) QO - Monster Sex. by Kawai

Rikka and Snow are wandering adventurers. Together, they fight crimemen corrupted by the curse of the slain Devil King. Too bad, Rikka is not too reliable, but being able to transform into a Slime girl is pretty handy regardless.

Pretty fun concept. I could see this turn into a full-fledged series (smutty or otherwise), and hope it does.

(NSFW) The Orc Bride by Nishin

An elf warrior gets captured to save his brother and modified for the sake of orcs. Gore fest ensues.

This one is pretty disappointing, as I was hoping for a touching tale of love beyond racial differences going by the cover, instead of gratuitous mutilation. Oh well.

(NSFW) Melty by Kuroiwa Madoka

A depressed virgin boy and a depressed succubus with a thick accent meet. They have sex.

That's because their magic powers are too dangerous otherwise.

(NSFW) Celeb Wife's Virgin Exercise by Otochichi

A newly recruited pizza delivery boy and a curvy milf meets. The result is exactly as you'd expect it to be.

Yoga these days sure is interesting.

(NSFW) Ero Trap Dungeon ni Ikou!! VOL 1 by Tsurugi Hagane

An unlucky rogue explores a lewd dungeon. Goes as well as you'd expect, but hey, maybe she'll be able to teach others of its dangers.

Bowl0l

(NSFW) Net Party ~Kuukan Tsunageruteki na Yatsu de Chinpo Atsumetemita~ by Zenra QQ

Cute streamer boy going for an Unlimited Portal Works. The result is as messy as you can imagine, but hey, at least everyone involved had fun. Let's hope such a future is upon us soon.

(NSFW) Wife Who Wants to be Loved by Itaba Hiroshi

Manager wife and house husband. It's pretty inoffensive vanilla, and it's always nice to see couples getting along and having a healthy sex life, even after birth.

(NSFW) QO - Monster Sex. by Kawai

Rikka and Snow are wandering adventurers. Together, they fight crimemen corrupted by the curse of the slain Demon Lord. Too bad, Rikka is not too reliable, but being able to transform into a Slime girl is pretty handy regardless.

Pretty fun concept. I could see this turn into a full-fledged series (smutty or otherwise), and hope it does.

An elf warrior gets captured to save his brother and modified for the sake of orcs. Gore fest ensues.

This one is pretty disappointing, as I was hoping for a touching tale of love beyond racial differences going by the cover, instead of gratuitous mutilation. Oh well.

(NSFW) Melty by Kuroiwa Madoka

A depressed virgin boy and a depressed succubus with a thick accent meet. They have sex.

That's because their magic powers are too dangerous otherwise.

(NSFW) Celeb Wife's Virgin Exercise by Otochichi

A newly recruited pizza delivery boy and a curvy milf meets. The results is exactly as you'd expect it to be.

Yoga these days sure is interesting.

(NSFW) Ero Trap Dungeon ni Ikou!! VOL 1 by Tsurugi Hagane

An unlucky rogue explores a lewd dungeon. Goes as well as you'd expect, but hey, maybe she'll be able to teach others of its dangers.
Going to go through all of your titles. Thanks.

Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto Desu! Schwestern in Liebe! 1

When "onee-sama" is a trigger word. Some people'll find the overtly fake nature of the characters off-putting, but it's probably a selling point for me. Shame that the only absent splash page girl was the shy looking-one, though whether she's actually a wallflower or a venus flytrap remains to be seen. Probably the former, since I don't think they'd pull the personality switch ruse again. Pretty decent as far as yuri opening chapters go, looking forward to more.

Yuragi Yuuna 71

tFM4YfH.png

Karura chapters are best chapters... is what I want to say, but this setup isn't particularly interesting, even if it does highlight her better side. That said, I can't approve if they're going to dial back on the, uh, assertive lewdness she showed during her intro arc and turn her into more of a reserved blushing type.

NSFW batch ahoy!
After talking with my sponsors, we're setting up a Kickstarter to fund your research into other stimulating manga.

Fairy Tail's ending was always gonna be that.

Bleach literally blueballed people by actually cancelling fights while leaving the fate of 90% of its characters unexplained because Kubo had no idea of what he was doing - are we supposed to believe Yachiru was a fucking Zanpakutou?. And after years and years of Kubo trying to be a shitty version of Araki, we get a big bad that CAN SEE EVERYTHING INTO THE FUTURE that gets defeated by something he could have just seen.

FT might have been disappointing but hey if you've been reading this shit for the past 5 years you got no one but yourself to blame. Bleach's ending made me feel like burning tanks, Ichiruki fan style.

#freehalibel

Fairy Tail's ending was always gonna be that.

Bleach literally blueballed people by actually cancelling fights while leaving the fate of 90% of its characters unexplained because Kubo had no idea of what he was doing - are we supposed to believe Yachiru was a fucking Zanpakutou?. And after years and years of Kubo trying to be a shitty version of Araki, we get a big bad that CAN SEE EVERYTHING INTO THE FUTURE that gets defeated by something he could have just seen.

FT might have been disappointing but hey if you've been reading this shit for the past 5 years you got no one but yourself to blame. Bleach's ending made me feel like burning tanks, Ichiruki fan style.

#freehalibel

Bad is better then boring, we knew Bleach's ending would be bad but it was enjoyable seeing how bad it got. You could have guessed how 90% of FT's final arc would play out after it was established that zeref and acnologia were the final bosses years ago.

Bad is better then boring, we knew Bleach's ending would be bad but it was enjoyable seeing how bad it got. You could have guessed how 90% of FT's final arc would play out after it was established that zeref and acnologia were the final bosses years ago.
In my opinion Bleach's ending was both bad and boring. It was fun watching what kind of stupid shit Kubo could come up with for a while but by the time we got to the real endgame it had become so nonsensical and deranged that I just wanted it to end.

At least I got a rise out of Ichiruki shippers, that counts I guess? It's more emotion than what I can muster for Fairy Tail at this point.

Zweizer

Banned
After talking with my sponsors, we're setting up a Kickstarter to fund your research into other stimulating manga.

A Patreon would probably be easier and more profitable long-term, lol.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Who's not to say the Messiah wasn't naughty as well?

Srsly. Mentions trash like Orc Bride but forgets the new Mizone series.

Eeh, it's a bit too close to your standard isekai. The girls are cute though.

dani_dc

The Promised Neverland 47

I'm pretty sure breeding them is a loop hole at beast, if not a complete break.

Regardless, hunting escapees definitely falls under hunting.

You have to read Kokou no Hito, Himizu and Boys on the Run now.

As good as Boys on the Run is, I wouldn't recommend it for English readers seeing as the last two volumes never got translated.

God bless you Zweizer.

mdubs

Banned
This sure is a bit of a snoozer round in Shokugeki since there really isn't any way any of team Soma's people are going to be winning this one.

I don't know why we're bothering with any of this backstory for Megishima since he's only here to job to Rindo

This sure is a bit of a snoozer round in Shokugeki since there really isn't any way any of team Soma's people are going to be winning this one.

I don't know why we're bothering with any of this backstory for Megishima since he's only here to job to Rindo

so he can get some readers to follow him in getting better after jobbing to cat girl? *shrug*

Fbh

Fairy Tail 554

Ok...so... Is there like, a law in Japan that Shonen manga needs to have a shitty ending ?

Bleach was shit
Naruto was shit
Fairy Tail was shit
Kuroko no basket was shit
Death note was shit.

One piece is probably going to be shit 25 years from now.

A.J.

Banned
Fairy Tail 554

Ok...so... Is there like, a law in Japan that Shonen manga needs to have a shitty ending ?

Bleach was shit
Naruto was shit
Fairy Tail was shit
Kuroko no basket was shit
Death note was shit.

One piece is probably going to be shit 25 years from now.
As if anyone at Shueisha will let One Piece end

upandaway

More interesting would be what manga out there had good reception consistently throughout but specifically the ending was badly received (because everyone I saw hated Bleach/Naruto/FT for a big chunk of their run anyway). Can't think of many, there's Yu Yu Hakusho... I haven't read Eyeshield's second half but from comments here I think that one too?

Top Bottom