• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSN Hacked [Major Update In OP, Stolen Info Detailed, Partly Up Within A Week]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kweh

I'm mostly pissed that I can't register Portal 2 on PSN to allow me to download on Steam. I wanted to play it on PC first.

Jburton

Banned
Just saw a BBC article on their news channel about the ongoing PSN situation.

Their technology correspondent stated that he was contacting Sony almost every hour and has been promised a press statement on the situation, including information on expected resumption of services and a definitive statement on CC security issues in a couple of hours.

In other words this situation is still fluid and Sony wont give a statement until they have an expected resumption of service date.

I think we will see a statement some time today.

Jburton said:

Their technology correspondent stated that he was contacting Sony almost every hour and has been promised a press statement on the situation, including information on expected resumption of services and a definitive statement on CC security issues in a couple of hours.

In other words this situation is still fluid and Sony wont give a statement until they have an expected resumption of service date.

Nice catch. They have to issue a statement today really. I have lots of patience and plenty of love for Sony, but there comes a time when they need to inform their customers (and the development community) what the heck is going on.

Hopefully there's an ETA in there.

Raist

Banned
Jburton said:

"Don't worry, we won't plug the PSN back in before next Monday. We wouldn't want to distract our British customers from the royal wedding"

Raist

Banned
30SomethingGamer said:
I just tried to sign on and it was asking me for my credit card info? You think thats a good sign?

Never seen the PSN prompt you for your credit card infos upon sign in. Unless you're trying to buy something off the store or put funds on your account.

Kweh said:
I'm mostly pissed that I can't register Portal 2 on PSN to allow me to download on Steam. I wanted to play it on PC first.

Same here, I'm wondering whether Valve wouldn't be kind enough to just activate my copy without the whole PSN nonsense.

Fistwell said:
I liked your post better when it was all pitchforks and burning and peasants. !!! is so 2003. :)
Well if he's lying! but I figure I give him the benefit of the doubt, I am sharpening my pitchfork tough, shit's getting ridiculous, someone must burn at the stake for this!

Sblargh

Banned
I just tried to sing on and it was asking me to get the knife and take care of this bitch once and for all? You think thats a good sign?
I turned the PS3 on and it's still down

EricHasNoPull said:
Well if he's lying! but I figure I give him the benefit of a doubt, I am sharpening my pitchfork tough, shit's getting ridiculous, someone must burn at the stake for this!
Yeah it does sound like a bad joke doesnt it? If it is, i'm all about the burning too.

Hanmik

30SomethingGamer said:
I just tried to sign on and it was asking me for my credit card info? You think thats a good sign?

if this is a joke, then fuck you, even Benny Hill is funnier than you..

Corto

reptilescorpio said:
A picture would be helpful since it isn't happening to anyone else.

Here it is:

m9tukz.png

expy

Banned
duckroll said:
Ummm, isn't it the opinion of that junior that there will be a statement today, and not officially from Sony?

Jburton said:

I have no trust in PSN anymore, will never buy something with my creditcard again. Will use prepaid cards instead. How late can you expect a official statement from BBC? Man, this PSN drama is really HUGE. Wat will Sony say if they going to talk about what a "success" PSN is at E3 2011 press conference!?

128652.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom